Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Brighton?

Alisson
      1 (1.4%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      5 (7.1%)
      Neco Williams
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (4.3%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      22 (31.4%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      38 (54.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Voting closed: Jul 12, 2020 10:11:30 pm

Brighton & Hove Albion 1-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 12065 times
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Re: Live: Brighton V Liverpool
      Reply #253: Jul 08, 2020 10:11:57 pm
      Looks like the End is mirroring the start!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #254: Jul 08, 2020 10:11:57 pm
      Fuckkkkk
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Brighton & Hove Albion 1-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #255: Jul 08, 2020 10:12:14 pm
      On ya Lads....great win!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #256: Jul 08, 2020 10:13:05 pm
      Salahs so bloody minded cursing himself at FT.

Good win and on we go.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #257: Jul 08, 2020 10:13:08 pm
      Jo Gomez having a poor game..hasn't been great for a while..don't know why because he has the talent..mystery..

Actually thought he’s played well. He obviously gets put under more pressure because...well....who is going to target Virgil.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #258: Jul 08, 2020 10:13:09 pm
      Needed to keep the pace in this half...something we didn't do in the last half hour in the first half...can't take yer foot off the gas in this league..still 3 points closer to the record.
      Kitty
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 634 posts | 115 
      Reply #259: Jul 08, 2020 10:14:09 pm
      Much better second half, enjoyed watching that, and glad to see Robbo got his mojo back COYR
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #260: Jul 08, 2020 10:15:53 pm
      Great to see Mo chasing goals...hunger..desire.. all yer need and he nearly got three..
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #261: Jul 08, 2020 10:16:04 pm
      We always looked like we had another couple of gears if we needed them.

Job done, 3 more in the bag.

Salah MOTM.
      Mentions to Keita, Henderson and Williams.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #262: Jul 08, 2020 10:19:15 pm
      Mo just can't finish easy chances can he, head it down Mo, always head it down in those circumstances, almost impossible for goalie to save then.

Anyway a good win against a surprisingly good side.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #263: Jul 08, 2020 10:19:57 pm
      Hard fought win that, gotta credit Brighton they were even better than I predicted, still it’s yet another 3 points for the Champions, chuffed to F**k by that performance, much better than of late, I don’t think we’ll get up to our top most level again this season but be good enough to reach that record points tally.

Well done Redmen

MOTM Keita, thought the hour he had he was immense, he’s starting to show his true colours, not before time either, get in Naby.

Y  N  W  A
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #264: Jul 08, 2020 10:22:53 pm
      Mo was great tonight, Bob tried, but not going for him at the mo.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #265: Jul 08, 2020 10:24:21 pm
      Gas there Salah at the end, you'd think we'd lost :) wants his goals. MOTM, can't really argue, what a finish too from the corner, a la Sadio earlier in the season vs Villa.
      Though thought VVD was really good again, getting challenges in, little nicks here and there, makes it all look so easy, when it bloody well isn't.
      Keita having another good game, bodes well for next season if he can stay fit. Milly can also come on and do a proper job.
      Again though Ox flew under the radar, and Neco had a tough time against a quick ball players, but he's young and should learn, good experience.
      Another 3 points, really professional, strong second half.
      Don't care about points, but on course for the record still.
      Roll on Burnley..
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #266: Jul 08, 2020 10:27:45 pm
      Mo just can't finish easy chances can he, head it down Mo, always head it down in those circumstances, almost impossible for goalie to save then.

Anyway a good win against a surprisingly good side.

I'm sure the double golden boot winner will be taking notes from you on scoring goals pal.
      +12
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #267: Jul 08, 2020 10:49:54 pm
      Hendo injury the only real negative - gone for a scan apparently and Klopp's said 'it will not be nothing'
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #268: Jul 08, 2020 10:51:49 pm
      Nabby starting to make a difference.Such a hard worker. Bit better from the Ox but still not looking the part. Brighton didn't let their heads drop after a bad start.Good contest. If these teams press City the way they press us City wouldn't be able just to attack at will.

The record is in sight. Go for it.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #269: Jul 08, 2020 11:08:19 pm
      Much better second half with players not giving the ball away at will meaning we were mostly in control.

Something I have noticed with Trent over the season he is pretty poor when pressed just lumps the ball away.

But aside from that little rant some players still rusty mainly Gini, Ox, Robbo but he looked better today and Bobby but he has been on and off all season.

Major plus was the combination of Naby and Hendo in midfield.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #270: Jul 08, 2020 11:09:04 pm
      Enjoyed watching that and credit to Brighton for trying to play.

Salah scored a brace but I went with Naby as MOTM. In the press, driving with the ball and with some incisive passing to create attacks, he was a key for us. I presume the sub was just about managing his minutes which, given his injury history, I'm all for.

Good goals from Salah and I appreciate his hunger to score like all good strikers, but he was too selfish on the one counter when Mane had a clear path to goal if Mo just hits into space ahead of him.

What I hope to see Klopp do on SAturday is to start  Neco Williams at right back, rotating Trent out. His attacking quality is obvious and I don't want the difficulties in defending Lamptey (on his wrong side), to hurt his confidence. Give him another run out Jürgen.

The only negative for me is that Hendo is probably liftiing the trophy in street clothes. Hope it doesn't carry over into next season. He was a warrior again tonight.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #271: Jul 08, 2020 11:17:29 pm
      Brighton seemingly played their part, in what sounded a good game, listening to the commentary. Two more goals for Mo Salah, who is still well within a shooting chance, of the golden boot.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #272: Jul 08, 2020 11:36:33 pm
      I'm sure the double golden boot winner will be taking notes from you on scoring goals pal.

Do you disagree with my point about heading downwards into the ground? BTW are you suggesting he shouldn't take advice from anyone on how to improve seeing as he's got two golden boots? I'm sure he doesn't think like that himself.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #273: Jul 08, 2020 11:48:27 pm
      Not sure why Keita isn't getting longer on the pitch, he's been one of our best and most consistent players since the restart. At the moment, him and Hendo are well ahead of Ox, Gini and Fab IMO. Unless it's a case of protecting him and seeing if he's finally put the injuries behind him but none the less, good to see him get another assist and he was the one who won the ball back to start the attack on the 2nd goal too.

Ox...useless, again and Bobby wasn't much better either.

On the whole it was a good performance but we were still some way off the sort of performance we put in vs Palace. Brighton played as though they were fighting for survival and that was to be expected, even though they are virtually safe.

Klopp picked up on Neco not getting enough support and rightly so, Ox was f**king lazy and made no attempt to offer any support like you see with Mane out there. The only time I remember Neco getting any support is when Lamptey got away from him but Hendo was there to mop up.

Strange game, both teams had chances and both teams probably should have scored more goals, but that's where our quality shines through.

Think the number of changes to the line up every game and the number of subs being made is disrupting us getting into a proper rhythm and playing to the levels we can, but that's to be expected I guess.

Another step closer to the record number of points, got the win and that's what counts most. Whilst City are getting the plaudits, they are still losing more games than us so happy days.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #274: Jul 08, 2020 11:54:44 pm
      Doesn’t sound great for Henderson :(
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #275: Jul 09, 2020 12:07:52 am
      Enjoyable game tonight.

Looks like it will be Mo’s turn to take a break on Saturday like mane tonight and Firmino on Sunday and I would hate to be Klopp having to break it to him that he’ll be starting from the bench, by god does he want that golden boot  :lmao:

Virgil excellent as always hopefully Gomez can find his form again soon!

Naby Keita put in a great shift too and I hope the only reason Klopp took him off at the hour mark is because he’s planning on giving him his 3rd start in 7 days on Saturday.

92 points not too shabby :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:

Quick Reply