Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Brighton?

Alisson
      1 (1.4%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      5 (7.1%)
      Neco Williams
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (4.3%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      22 (31.4%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      38 (54.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Voting closed: Jul 12, 2020 10:11:30 pm

Brighton & Hove Albion 1-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 12069 times
      Dragonmark
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 50 posts | 28 
      Re: Brighton & Hove Albion 1-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #276: Jul 09, 2020 12:15:05 am
      Considering how Klopp works, are we getting Lamptey next season? ;D He really impressed today
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #277: Jul 09, 2020 12:34:44 am
      Considering how Klopp works, are we getting Lamptey next season? ;D He really impressed today
      Looks a player, watched Brighton vs Norwich on the weekend too and he was great.
      Had a real initiation to the big league though when Mane came on!
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #278: Jul 09, 2020 12:42:51 am
      Took our chance early when given but after the 1st half water break (maybe should be calling it first quarter? ;D) they took the game to us. After the break I felt we found out feet a bit more then when Fabinho and Mane came on we really looked better side.

Williams got his feet wet which is nice to see though it probably not the performace he want. Hope he can learn from it and move forward towards breaking with the senior squad.

Despite his play and what MiIner (who always put in 6 or 7 out of 10 at fullback) still desire to see us buy a left footed LB, the attack works so much better with width as out wide attackers always cut in.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #279: Jul 09, 2020 12:46:17 am
      Three points for my 43rd, cheers.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #280: Jul 09, 2020 03:22:51 am
      Happy Birthday Rodders mate.

Great opening 10 and last 10 mins...in between that, thought they had us on the ropes a few times. Could have easily been a 4-4 or 5-5 game.

But we do what Champions do and that's take all 3 points along our Merry Way!

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #281: Jul 09, 2020 06:05:31 am

Happy birthday, Stu
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #282: Jul 09, 2020 07:07:02 am

YNWA
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #283: Jul 09, 2020 07:43:56 am
      That Lamptey kid was impressive. Champions performance. Wasn't dominant the whole 90, but we got the job done and took the 3 points. Salah with another great performance too.

Special mention to Keita who was literally everywhere from dishing out assists to being the last man defending in our box, clearing our lines on a few occasions where I was like ''How did he get back so quick wasn't he in the opposition's box like 5 seconds ago?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #284: Jul 09, 2020 08:38:47 am
      excellent. and thanks mo for many FF points. ;D
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #285: Jul 09, 2020 09:29:47 am
      Gutted Salah missed that chance in the last minute. Would love him to win the golden boot a third year on the spin
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #286: Jul 09, 2020 09:32:16 am
      Gutted Salah missed that chance in the last minute. Would love him to win the golden boot a third year on the spin

I think he will, he looks hungry and three of the next 4 games is against opponents with shaky defences, Burnley (without Ben Mee), Arsenal and Newcastle. Even Chelsea don't have a great defence although that is probably the trickiest game on paper.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #287: Jul 09, 2020 09:36:05 am
      Hendo a worry
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #288: Jul 09, 2020 09:41:14 am
      I think he will, he looks hungry and three of the next 4 games is against opponents with shaky defences, Burnley (without Ben Mee), Arsenal and Newcastle. Even Chelsea don't have a great defence although that is probably the trickiest game on paper.

Hope so! I think Vardy is 3 ahead at the minute but Leicester's games don't look too hard either so it'll be a close one. Alisson is one clean sheet behind Nick Pope for the golden glove too (he's on 13 Pope is on 14). Would be incredible if he wins that considering he missed the first few months of the season
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #289: Jul 09, 2020 10:50:02 am
      Enjoyed that! good game and Mo looked on it from the start. Thought Naby looked good again and can see him kicking on in a red shirt now.

Can't wait to get over the 100 point mark also. COYR
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #290: Jul 09, 2020 11:03:26 am

YNWA

Celebrating three points on my birthday was something I never thought I'd be able to do, so that's one thing in the plus column for Covid.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #291: Jul 09, 2020 11:26:43 am
      Hope so! I think Vardy is 3 ahead at the minute but Leicester's games don't look too hard either so it'll be a close one. Alisson is one clean sheet behind Nick Pope for the golden glove too (he's on 13 Pope is on 14). Would be incredible if he wins that considering he missed the first few months of the season
      Can kill one birds with the one stone with a Salah hat trick and a clean sheet against Burnley this week.
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #292: Jul 09, 2020 01:17:17 pm
      A good game to watch, Brighton surprised me, hopefully they can nick a point of city..

Toss between Mo and Kieta for MOM, i gave it to MO, but Kieta our best player since re-start.

Now for Burnley.

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #293: Jul 09, 2020 01:36:00 pm

Many Happy Returns ye old fecker, its all downhill from here on in, if you haven't noticed already,  yer bawbag will be tighter, yer pubes will turn a whitey grey,and yer nose hair growth will accelerate , sure fire signs you've entered yer twilight years, welcome to the official old cu*ts club.

Have a Great day 😁

YNWA
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #294: Jul 09, 2020 01:42:36 pm

Unless someone is converting to left back he’d be behind TAA and competing with Neco. If we are going to spend money there are more pressing needs

Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #295: Jul 09, 2020 02:04:45 pm
      That was actually a great second goal by Mo. Obviously Tyler played it down with some was it reheresed crap. But it was a great near post timed run by Mo. And to get it on target with pace was brilliant. Ball like that whipped in low at pace it requires high skill to get good contact and direct it.

Also Mo could make that run which draws open space behind for VVD to run into to meet the higher ball so cracking goal, great ball in by Robbo and a great header by Mo..
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #296: Jul 09, 2020 02:17:54 pm
      Williams did well enough. Because of our early lead and dominance he got a bit to high and was caught out once or twice but Brighton, no doubt refreshed by the enforced break, were full of running. I mean he was a bit over eager to impress esp going forward but that will soon be tempered once he gets a bit more expeienced.

I'm sure the booking was the main reason he was subbed. All in all looks a great prospect and will be all the better for the experience.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #297: Jul 09, 2020 02:40:04 pm
      That was actually a great second goal by Mo. Obviously Tyler played it down with some was it reheresed crap. But it was a great near post timed run by Mo. And to get it on target with pace was brilliant. Ball like that whipped in low at pace it requires high skill to get good contact and direct it.

Also Mo could make that run which draws open space behind for VVD to run into to meet the higher ball so cracking goal, great ball in by Robbo and a great header by Mo..

It was a similar goal to the one that Mane got vs Villa early in the season. I’m not sure why we don’t have Salah or Mane making more of them front post runs because in terms of explosiveness to go get into that position, it makes it difficult for a lot of teams to defend and even if they can’t direct the ball goalwards, there is every chance it could flick over towards the back post and give someone a tap in. Obviously play to your strengths and our biggest strength is looking for the head of Van Dijk but that near post routine feels a bit under used for us IMO.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #298: Jul 09, 2020 03:38:35 pm

Many Happy Returns ye old fecker, its all downhill from here on in, if you haven't noticed already,  yer bawbag will be tighter, yer pubes will turn a whitey grey,and yer nose hair growth will accelerate , sure fire signs you've entered yer twilight years, welcome to the official old cu*ts club.

Have a Great day 😁

YNWA

Well Billy mate I nearly wrote the same lengthy tome to Rodders but knew I would never be your equal as to literary eloquence.

From one al fart and  old c**t to another eh?

Must get back to listening to this afternoons delight ... " Hard Days Night " 

Think Rodders needs some more of that before he loses it .

Quick Reply