Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Burnley (11 July 2020 - 3 pm)

Read 4349 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Pre-Match: Liverpool v Burnley (11 July 2020 - 3 pm)
      Jul 10, 2020 12:21:56 pm
      On the champions go in pursuit of the record.

With another midweek game following this one, will Jürgen continue rotation for this one by resting Mo and Trent? With Jordan out is the default midfield now Fab, Gini and Naby?

Burnley are safe and probably out of the running for a European berth. Will they come out and play?

And what about this very strange 3 p.m. Saturday kickoff time? What will they think of next?  :)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Burnley (11 July 2020 - 3 pm)
      Reply #1: Jul 10, 2020 12:31:28 pm
      On the champions go in pursuit of the record.

With another midweek game following this one, will Jürgen continue rotation for this one by resting Mo and Trent? With Jordan out is the default midfield now Fab, Gini and Naby?

Burnley are safe and probably out of the running for a European berth. Will they come out and play?

And what about this very strange 3 p.m. Saturday kickoff time? What will they think of next?  :)

I think all the forwards will be eager to play every game, certainly Mo. After we play Arsenal on Wednesday we get another week off before the final 2 games so do we really need to rotate so much?

BTW I think this could be quite a high scoreline, Burnley are quite depleted and as you say don't have much to play for whilst we have a forward who is very very eager to get another golden boot, the greedy git! ;-)
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #2: Jul 10, 2020 12:46:19 pm
      3PM Saturday kickoff and the pubs are back open - The little things we took for granted a few months back!

A few more goals for Mo would be nice, hopefully another clean sheet for Alison. That would get him level with Nick Pope in the race for the golden glove (providing of course we score against him)
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #3: Jul 10, 2020 12:53:31 pm
      This game on TV? Wouldn’t usually be for a 3pm but thought all games were being shown.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #4: Jul 10, 2020 01:07:39 pm
      This game on TV? Wouldn’t usually be for a 3pm but thought all games were being shown.

Think they're lifting the 3PM restrictions until the end of the season. Not sure what channel but its definitely on TV
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #5: Jul 10, 2020 01:17:32 pm
      Salah is in a great moment, full of confidence and hunting that golden boot, think it would be a mistake to rest him. To be honest it would be risk resting him or Mane for the remainder of the season because everyone who is filling in for them at the moment are showing they aren’t good enough to do so.

The biggest issue for me is Bobby and Gini, both are odds on to start I think but their performances, along with Ox, have been miserable.

Hopefully we can smash a 4-0 win again but it won’t be easy, they are in good form and will pack the defence in search of a 0-0.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #6: Jul 10, 2020 01:32:49 pm
      Salah is in a great moment, full of confidence and hunting that golden boot, think it would be a mistake to rest him. To be honest it would be risk resting him or Mane for the remainder of the season because everyone who is filling in for them at the moment are showing they aren’t good enough to do so.

The biggest issue for me is Bobby and Gini, both are odds on to start I think but their performances, along with Ox, have been miserable.

Hopefully we can smash a 4-0 win again but it won’t be easy, they are in good form and will pack the defence in search of a 0-0.

Football wasn't made for three matches in six days. Of course it is a dropoff in quality when a first-line player starts on the bench, but the greater risk is for players getting injured. So if Jürgen rests Mo and Trent, it is also to avoid a risk. I worry about Virgil and Joe because they are almost certain to be on from the start. Then there's another game Wednesday.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #7: Jul 10, 2020 01:35:35 pm
      Football wasn't made for three matches in six days. Of course it is a dropoff in quality when a first-line player starts on the bench, but the greater risk is for players getting injured. So if Jürgen rests Mo and Trent, it is also to avoid a risk. I worry about Virgil and Joe because they are almost certain to be on from the start. Then there's another game Wednesday.

A game every 3/4 days isn’t new territory for this team. We’ve been used to that with the Champions League and League games, especially over the Xmas periods too. This team is more than capable of handling it, especially Mane and Salah who have had virtually no injuries in the last 3 years so they’d have to be very unlucky to pick up an injury in the final few games. Same with Virgil.

I understand going careful with the likes of Keita but some players you just don’t have to worry about as much, especially with the extra subs because it allows more flexibility with taking them off early.
      « Last Edit: Jul 10, 2020 01:45:29 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #8: Jul 10, 2020 01:36:24 pm

A lot less stop/start sprinting and movement at centre back though, which by my understanding, decreases the risk of injury.

Midfield pressing, FB up and down the line, and forwards making runs are more at risk I think.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #9: Jul 10, 2020 02:27:51 pm
      Be a massive gamble for the Burnley fans to try their aeroplane stunt again.  Probably don't want to mess with our stocks of pyro.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #10: Jul 10, 2020 03:14:52 pm
      NB: Team no longer available

Firmino and Mane rested, so now Salah ???
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #11: Jul 10, 2020 04:00:58 pm
      Would keep playing Ox to get some form back as he has been sh*te and keep Naby going to keep his confidence up. Would drop Bobby for Minamino to get him up to speed as well.

Hate Burnley and their dogshite football.

5-0
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #12: Jul 10, 2020 04:37:38 pm
      Think they're lifting the 3PM restrictions until the end of the season. Not sure what channel but its definitely on TV

BT
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #13: Jul 10, 2020 05:08:24 pm
      Would keep playing Ox to get some form back as he has been sh*te and keep Naby going to keep his confidence up. Would drop Bobby for Minamino to get him up to speed as well.

Hate Burnley and their dogshite football.

5-0

Agree. Ox in place of Keita at the mo.

Keep Bobby with Mo and Sane  up front for the last games to get over the line.

Miniman has plenty of time to shine.

Yes : 5-0 just towards the side bet with City on GD . ;D
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #14: Jul 10, 2020 06:27:18 pm

Why Ox in front of Naby ?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #15: Jul 10, 2020 06:36:09 pm

Agree, sort of, I wouldn’t start Ox he’s been f***in gash of late, Keita don’t need resting he needs more games, so I’d have a mid three of Fab, Naby & Gini, and a top three of Salah, Minamino & Mane, that’s a front four of, Gini, Mini, Mane & Mo, we’ll T**t Burnley as we go ........for another 3 points closer to that record,

Usual suspects at the rear, I doubt very much they’ll break sweat especially Virgil, good chance to increase the goals for column, Burnley playing only for pride.

5-0 Champions.....Mo Hat- Trick, Mina grabbing his first, &  Mane adding to his tally, we might even see a Trent special......you heard it here first ?

Alisson

Trent   Gomez  Virgil  Robbo

Fabinho
                                                              Gini                      Naby
                                                                        Minamino
                                                            Salah.                     Mane

Bench;  Adrian, Williams, Milner, Ox, Jones, Origi, Elliot

Y  N  W  A

« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2020 06:42:16 pm by billythered »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #16: Jul 10, 2020 06:42:01 pm

So you'd play Ox because despite being sh*t so far he might come good, bit of a risk isn't it?
      Id go with as strong a team as possible and sub in players when we are a few goals up.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #17: Jul 10, 2020 07:02:28 pm

It's on BT sports
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #18: Jul 10, 2020 07:18:26 pm

Maybe Salah through the middle with Shaqiri wide right?
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #19: Jul 10, 2020 07:24:23 pm
      I can see 4 or 5 changes to the side who played midweek. I wouldn't be shocked if we see everyone favorite CB Lovren started and Minamino through the middle for Firmino.

------------------Alisson-----------------
      TAA-----Lovren-----VvD----Robbo
      -----Milner-------Fabino----Ketia--
      --Salah--------Minamino-----Mane--

Subs: Adrian, Gomez, Williams, Gini, Jones, Ox, , Elliot, Shaqiri, Firmino

Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #20: Jul 10, 2020 08:02:29 pm
      I know wrong sport but this is my image of burnley.

Hope to F**k we can turn on the style but expecting a 1-0 2-1 type scrap.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #21: Jul 10, 2020 08:11:45 pm
      All comments noted.

Think that Ox is overdue a performance.
      Maybe last opportunity for the season.

Can always bring Keita on at half time if Ox is below par.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #22: Jul 10, 2020 08:59:53 pm
      Maybe Salah through the middle with Shaqiri wide right?

Wouldn't mind that at all to be honest. Would mean playing Bobby but could go to the 4-2-3-1 we used a few times last season with Shaq in the team. Unless we put Keita as a 10 and bench Bobby.

Right now though; Origi, Ox, Gini, Minamino and Bobby need to significantly up their game because a case can easily be made for all of them to be left out.

Quick Reply