Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Arsenal [Community Shield] Sat 29th Aug @ 4:00 pm
      Wembley

Today is the 8th of August and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Burnley?

Alisson
      2 (4.2%)
      Neco Williams
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      25 (52.1%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (2.1%)
       Fabinho
      7 (14.6%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (2.1%)
      Curtis Jones
      8 (16.7%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (2.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      3 (6.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Voting closed: Jul 15, 2020 04:52:10 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Burnley: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 3535 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,550 posts | 3694 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Burnley: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #250: Jul 11, 2020 07:12:34 pm
      Missed the game, but looks like the real entertainment is in this thread anyway. Now  where’d I put my popcorn?
      LFCexiled
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,707 posts | 1369 
      • Lazarus of LFC
      Reply #251: Jul 11, 2020 07:13:05 pm
      Isn't it fu**ed up how quickly some forget this.

We had one of those days.
      It's happened before, and it'll happen again.
      Nothing really riding on it.
      Records are nice and all, but someone else will come along and break them.
      Silverware in the cabinet is the important thing for me.
      Can never be taken away.

On that note, I'm done for today.

Be nice red folk, our lads are f**king awesome.

YNWA
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,531 posts | 2225 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #252: Jul 11, 2020 07:16:00 pm
      We have been so spolit by this team in the last couple of years that when we don't win it comes as a shock, was like this growing up, the other team aren't allowed to stop us winning. Really frustrated today but our standards are so high now, still should have won
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,823 posts | 427 
      Reply #253: Jul 11, 2020 07:19:00 pm
      We have been so spolit by this team in the last couple of years that when we don't win it comes as a shock, was like this growing up, the other team aren't allowed to stop us winning. Really frustrated today but our standards are so high now, still should have won

Think people accept it more when you have been off or got away with one becomes more frustrating when it is down to yourself and poor finishing and when you dominate for most of the game
      chats
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 23,304 posts | 1041 
      Reply #254: Jul 11, 2020 07:27:50 pm
      Not really smashed.
      They had some good moments, but we were pretty much in control most of the match.

We just didn't take our chances, and Pope had a very good game.

Fair enough, I didn't watch the game today.

Just can't be arsed to be annoyed about it. The ultimate prize is ours and the only purpose of the last few games in my book is to see who outside the first XI we can rely on to help us go again next season.
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,217 posts | 642 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #255: Jul 11, 2020 08:32:12 pm

Well said. Was gutted we didn't win today and felt like a bit of a spoilt kid for 20 minutes or so after the game but got to take a step back and realise the situation we're in.

One of those games today. Pope was brilliant and Salah missed a good few chances, but he's a 2x golden boot winner so he's certainly allowed an off day
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,653 posts | 2907 
      Reply #256: Jul 11, 2020 08:49:51 pm
      Fair enough, I didn't watch the game today.

Just can't be arsed to be annoyed about it. The ultimate prize is ours and the only purpose of the last few games in my book is to see who outside the first XI we can rely on to help us go again next season.

Pretty much sums it up for me.

Interesting that Klopp said he won't give the young lads games for the sake of getting them a medal, so either these lads have been pretty impressive in training and deserve a chance, or Klopp was doing a bit of kidology for remaining opponents.

Williams and Jones were both pretty good today, with the usual caveat that young lads will make more mistakes than seasoned players.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 793 posts | 77 
      Reply #257: Jul 11, 2020 08:53:51 pm
      So many chances to win, but it felt like they felt maybe one will go in, Salahs last chance was totally sh*t, shot left of centre, he is better than that.
      Weve found away before, are  they now going through the paces
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,506 posts | 2854 
      • Beware The Second Wave
      Reply #258: Jul 11, 2020 09:01:20 pm

Same in the seventies and eighties when we developed a sense of entitlement but not in an egotistical way ...just positivity.

The bar that those teams  I watched week in week out .... wasn't set even as high as this one !
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,746 posts | 1633 
      Reply #259: Jul 11, 2020 09:02:26 pm
      I’m
      Not interested in setting records.. I’m interested in silverware & we have taken the important ones, that’s alI I care...

We can loose the next 4 & I would give a toss.

Don't say that we only have 3 left!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,317 posts | 1455 
      Reply #260: Jul 11, 2020 09:06:09 pm
      I think replacing Neco and Curtis killed our momentum today. Both had fine games and Jones was putting in a good shift defensively as well.
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,111 posts | 82 
      Reply #261: Jul 11, 2020 09:27:34 pm
      So many chances to win, but it felt like they felt maybe one will go in, Salahs last chance was totally sh*t, shot left of centre, he is better than that.
      Weve found away before, are  they now going through the paces

Liverpool's Mohamed Salah had as many shots as the whole Burnley team in this match (6) and twice as many on target (4), but failed to find the back of the net
      Sly stats obviously, nothing about refs stats !
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,823 posts | 427 
      Reply #262: Jul 11, 2020 09:30:38 pm
      Liverpool's Mohamed Salah had as many shots as the whole Burnley team in this match (6) and twice as many on target (4), but failed to find the back of the net

Trying to hard snatched at a couple unlucky with Volley
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,498 posts | 2373 
      Reply #263: Jul 11, 2020 10:07:47 pm

Just who the hell do you think you are coming on here calling people "Fuckwit. " You are one of the most opinionated people on here, yet if someone has a different opinion to you they get lambasted. I know that a lot of people have you on ignore, and I can see why now. If I get banned for this post then so be it, but you sir as I have said before are a complete Buffoon of the highest order.

Lol, I've been called worse, you are entitled to your opinion Sir.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,498 posts | 2373 
      Reply #264: Jul 11, 2020 10:09:26 pm
      I think replacing Neco and Curtis killed our momentum today. Both had fine games and Jones was putting in a good shift defensively as well.

Really I thought they both seemed over coached, they were playing within themselves, a bit nervy and careful.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,498 posts | 2373 
      Reply #265: Jul 11, 2020 10:10:18 pm

And that is the problem, his shot to goal ratio must be fairly crap.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 294 posts | 82 
      • up the reds
      Reply #266: Jul 11, 2020 10:10:28 pm
      Pope brilliant today Liverpool sh*te in front of goal. Today was a mixture of the two.

Next time we’re back at anfield there’ll be something shiny waiting to be hoisted into the sky, cheer up  ;)
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,498 posts | 2373 
      Reply #267: Jul 11, 2020 10:12:54 pm
      Pope brilliant today Liverpool sh*te in front of goal. Today was a mixture of the two.

Next time we’re back at anfield there’ll be something shiny waiting to be hoisted into the sky, cheer up  ;)

We need to win the next 3 games, I want the points record. If our forwards can remember how to take their chances then we'll do it.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 294 posts | 82 
      • up the reds
      Reply #268: Jul 11, 2020 10:24:59 pm
      We need to win the next 3 games, I want the points record. If our forwards can remember how to take their chances then we'll do it.
      Don’t we all. I won’t lose a single second of sleep over it if we don’t though!
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,217 posts | 642 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #269: Jul 11, 2020 10:32:32 pm
      And that is the problem, his shot to goal ratio must be fairly crap.

He's a winger we signed 3 years ago - since then he's won 2 golden boots (fighting for a 3rd) and we've won a league and European Cup. If you're taking about ratios, he's the best attacker we've had this century
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,823 posts | 427 
      Reply #270: Jul 11, 2020 10:36:16 pm
      As well as the record there is also momentum to consider. Short turn around before next season and momentum so important as shown this season following on from last season anyone who has played sport would understand clearly some do not seem to get this
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 294 posts | 82 
      • up the reds
      Reply #271: Jul 11, 2020 10:41:43 pm
      As well as the record there is also momentum to consider. Short turn around before next season and momentum so important as shown this season following on from last season anyone who has played sport would understand clearly some do not seem to get this
      Would reckon most lads here have played sport... a break from the intense games fighting for the title and a break from playing in two european cup finals back to back at the end of the campaign might also do them good. Not robots like are are they
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,823 posts | 427 
      Reply #272: Jul 11, 2020 10:52:23 pm
      Would reckon most lads here have played sport... a break from the intense games fighting for the title and a break from playing in two european cup finals back to back at the end of the campaign might also do them good. Not robots like are are they
      Part and parcel of being successful is playing more games than others I am afraid not saying expect to win every game and not be rested and I am making a point about momentum
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 294 posts | 82 
      • up the reds
      Reply #273: Jul 11, 2020 11:13:24 pm
      Part and parcel of being successful is playing more games than others I am afraid not saying expect to win every game and not be rested and I am making a point about momentum
      Agree with the momentum point but I wouldn’t be getting my pitchfork out if we drop another few points before the season comes to a close
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,498 posts | 2373 
      Reply #274: Jul 12, 2020 08:05:50 am
      He's a winger we signed 3 years ago - since then he's won 2 golden boots (fighting for a 3rd) and we've won a league and European Cup. If you're taking about ratios, he's the best attacker we've had this century

Totally disagree with you, he's a forward who plays on the right hand side, he's not a winger in the traditional sense of someone like Willian. I also dispute that he's the best we've had this century, I'd easily put Owen, Torres and Suarez above him. All three were much more instinctive goal scorers, yes they may not have scored as many but then they were not playing in as good teams as Mo is.

Quick Reply