Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Burnley?

Alisson
      2 (4.2%)
      Neco Williams
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      25 (52.1%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (2.1%)
       Fabinho
      7 (14.6%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (2.1%)
      Curtis Jones
      8 (16.7%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (2.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      3 (6.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Voting closed: Jul 15, 2020 04:52:10 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Burnley: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 17851 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Burnley: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #230: Jul 11, 2020 06:34:21 pm
      Who the F**k do you think you are calling a bellend you arrogant w**ker would you be brave enough to say that to my face ?

Who do I think I'm calling a bellend?

Anyone who uses "end of" in a post in an attempt to close down a subject they don't like.

The arrogance here, is you thinking only your opinion matters, saying "end of" as if only you can be the judge of something, and trying to set up your never ending "we have to buy" agenda.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #231: Jul 11, 2020 06:36:22 pm
      Exactly that - Heimdall just doing his normal knock Liverpool down routine

I call it how it is, when we are good I praise the team, which is most of this amazing season, but when we are poor I also mention that, some seem incapable of doing or accepting that you snowflake cheerleader.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #232: Jul 11, 2020 06:37:28 pm

Anyone who uses "end of" in a post in an attempt to close down a subject they don't like.

The arrogance here, is you thinking only your opinion matters, saying "end of" as if only you can be the judge of something, and trying to set up your never ending "we have to buy" agenda.

Well you know about arrogance and bullying eh tough guy!
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #233: Jul 11, 2020 06:38:39 pm

What has we have to buy got to do with a point about two saves which he made which were quite clearly good saves and any top keeper would have saved or is it trying to push your agenda that we dont need to sign another forward .
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #234: Jul 11, 2020 06:40:58 pm
      Ha Ha this thread is heading to Post brexit thread level name calling! Paging Mr.Miro and his masturbating marmots!
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #235: Jul 11, 2020 06:42:14 pm
      I just wonder what kind of fan would so easily accept poor performances and apparently have no desire to see the team set records.

It seems funny to me that whenever we play badly, you go into "super fan" mode (which you are not) and pretend that everything is amazing, so positive, and so wonderful. Not sure if you are on a wind up or what...  :roll:

I have been wound up more here. Call me out for lack of ambition. As far as I'm concerned, we have gotten over the line. The job is done. Focus is next year. Records are good to have. If you differ, that's your own expectation.

I'm not worried. We have a solid team and I have confidence to be positive and wonderful on our outlook. Our manager isn't some owl. I'm a half full fan.

Understand your confusion. It takes someone sharp to understand me posts. Some of us have figured me out already.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #236: Jul 11, 2020 06:43:24 pm
      What has we have to buy got to do with a point about two saves which he made which were quite clearly good saves and any top keeper would have saved or is it trying to push your agenda that we dont need to sign another forward .

See the bit in bold there?

That's why they were cracking saves, because he's a top keeper.

A non top keeper wouldn't have been able to make them.

I've also never said what we need or don't need.
      Check my history if you like.
      I rarely get involved in transfer talk, because so much of it is bollocks.

Now I know you've been told this, and Klopp has said the same thing, but to paraphrase; "Our finances are fu**ed, we won't be spending a lot of money".

I honestly don't know what is difficult to understand about that.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #237: Jul 11, 2020 06:50:00 pm
      I’m
      Not interested in setting records.. I’m interested in silverware & we have taken the important ones, that’s alI I care...

We can loose the next 4 & I would give a toss.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #238: Jul 11, 2020 06:52:54 pm
      I’m
      Not interested in setting records.. I’m interested in silverware & we have taken the important ones, that’s alI I care...

We can loose the next 4 & I would give a toss.

I think it'd be great to break 100 points barrier, but pretty much the same as you, in that I'm not really that bothered.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #239: Jul 11, 2020 07:00:52 pm
      Disappointing scoreline but sounds like we smashed them. Better to have these kind of games when the title's won rather than at the start of next season.

Hopefully more game time for the kids and fringe players against Arsenal.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #240: Jul 11, 2020 07:03:04 pm
      Disappointing scoreline but sounds like we smashed them. Better to have these kind of games when the title's won rather than at the start of next season.

Hopefully more game time for the kids and fringe players against Arsenal.

Not really smashed.
      They had some good moments, but we were pretty much in control most of the match.

We just didn't take our chances, and Pope had a very good game.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #241: Jul 11, 2020 07:04:11 pm
      I wanted the win every game record fuckwit, that's why I'm bloody annoyed at that game. Our forwards are not good finishers, they waste a huge amount of chances every game, probably the main reason we are not still in the CL.  We had about 5 shots more or less passed back to their goalie, it was pathetic.
      That last chance for Salah summed it up, an awful effort, he could have passed it to Mane, just picked his spot, OR f**king blasted it, but what does he do, tame shot straight at Pope.

Just who the hell do you think you are coming on here calling people "Fuckwit. " You are one of the most opinionated people on here, yet if someone has a different opinion to you they get lambasted. I know that a lot of people have you on ignore, and I can see why now. If I get banned for this post then so be it, but you sir as I have said before are a complete Buffoon of the highest order.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #242: Jul 11, 2020 07:08:39 pm
      Thought it was all due to Pope or now is it bad finishing make your mind up Yoda

Nope, I said no such thing.

At least Yoda knows how to use punctuation.  :laugh:
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #243: Jul 11, 2020 07:08:46 pm
      I think it'd be great to break 100 points barrier, but pretty much the same as you, in that I'm not really that bothered.

There're probably two broad camps here. We should do a poll but that means splitting opinions. Nobody's wrong whichever side we choose. We're only wrong when we think our own opinion is more superior than the other.

1) 100 points is a good to have but not the end of the world as we have already won the title.
      2) we must show the world that we are the best in everything. We must beat all records and everybody. It's important that we achieve the points record. We are unlikely to do this again.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #244: Jul 11, 2020 07:11:12 pm
      The F***ing drama 😁

Chill the F**k out, we're literally, LITERALLY, top of the F***ing world and drawing to Burnley won't change that.

As I said before, I'm gutted for the lads not holding onto the home wins record and that's the important thing here, I'm gutted for the lads.

They're F***ing vital to every. Single. F***ing. Emotion that we feel, every single celebration that we have, they've lost 3 times in 74 matches, THREE F***ing TIMES!

They've let us celebrate being European champions, allowed us to celebrate being world champions and after thirty F***ing long years of false dawns, so many 'this will be our year' shouts, at long last they've made us champions of English football.

Nobody gives a shout to the ultimate treble, F**k the league, fa cup and champions League treble or any other F***ing treble, in one F***ing season, we are......

THE CHAMPIONS OF ENGLAND
      THE CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE &
      THE CHAMPIONS WORLD!!

Now I'm by no stretch a fact man but I'd hazard a guess that no f**ker has ever, ever done that before.

We drew against Burnley, F**k me, grow the F**k up.

Isn't it fu**ed up how quickly some forget this.

We had one of those days.
      It's happened before, and it'll happen again.
      Nothing really riding on it.
      Records are nice and all, but someone else will come along and break them.
      Silverware in the cabinet is the important thing for me.
      Can never be taken away.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #245: Jul 11, 2020 07:12:34 pm
      Missed the game, but looks like the real entertainment is in this thread anyway. Now  where’d I put my popcorn?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #246: Jul 11, 2020 07:16:00 pm
      We have been so spolit by this team in the last couple of years that when we don't win it comes as a shock, was like this growing up, the other team aren't allowed to stop us winning. Really frustrated today but our standards are so high now, still should have won
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #247: Jul 11, 2020 07:19:00 pm
      We have been so spolit by this team in the last couple of years that when we don't win it comes as a shock, was like this growing up, the other team aren't allowed to stop us winning. Really frustrated today but our standards are so high now, still should have won

Think people accept it more when you have been off or got away with one becomes more frustrating when it is down to yourself and poor finishing and when you dominate for most of the game
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #248: Jul 11, 2020 07:27:50 pm
      Not really smashed.
      They had some good moments, but we were pretty much in control most of the match.

We just didn't take our chances, and Pope had a very good game.

Fair enough, I didn't watch the game today.

Just can't be arsed to be annoyed about it. The ultimate prize is ours and the only purpose of the last few games in my book is to see who outside the first XI we can rely on to help us go again next season.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #249: Jul 11, 2020 08:32:12 pm

Well said. Was gutted we didn't win today and felt like a bit of a spoilt kid for 20 minutes or so after the game but got to take a step back and realise the situation we're in.

One of those games today. Pope was brilliant and Salah missed a good few chances, but he's a 2x golden boot winner so he's certainly allowed an off day
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #250: Jul 11, 2020 08:49:51 pm
      Fair enough, I didn't watch the game today.

Just can't be arsed to be annoyed about it. The ultimate prize is ours and the only purpose of the last few games in my book is to see who outside the first XI we can rely on to help us go again next season.

Pretty much sums it up for me.

Interesting that Klopp said he won't give the young lads games for the sake of getting them a medal, so either these lads have been pretty impressive in training and deserve a chance, or Klopp was doing a bit of kidology for remaining opponents.

Williams and Jones were both pretty good today, with the usual caveat that young lads will make more mistakes than seasoned players.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #251: Jul 11, 2020 08:53:51 pm
      So many chances to win, but it felt like they felt maybe one will go in, Salahs last chance was totally sh*t, shot left of centre, he is better than that.
      Weve found away before, are  they now going through the paces
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #252: Jul 11, 2020 09:01:20 pm

Same in the seventies and eighties when we developed a sense of entitlement but not in an egotistical way ...just positivity.

The bar that those teams  I watched week in week out .... wasn't set even as high as this one !

Quick Reply