Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Burnley?

Alisson
      2 (4.2%)
      Neco Williams
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      25 (52.1%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (2.1%)
       Fabinho
      7 (14.6%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (2.1%)
      Curtis Jones
      8 (16.7%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (2.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      3 (6.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Voting closed: Jul 15, 2020 04:52:10 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Burnley: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 17836 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Burnley: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #253: Jul 11, 2020 09:02:26 pm
      I’m
      Not interested in setting records.. I’m interested in silverware & we have taken the important ones, that’s alI I care...

We can loose the next 4 & I would give a toss.

Don't say that we only have 3 left!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #254: Jul 11, 2020 09:06:09 pm
      I think replacing Neco and Curtis killed our momentum today. Both had fine games and Jones was putting in a good shift defensively as well.
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,483 posts | 240 
      Reply #255: Jul 11, 2020 09:27:34 pm
      So many chances to win, but it felt like they felt maybe one will go in, Salahs last chance was totally sh*t, shot left of centre, he is better than that.
      Weve found away before, are  they now going through the paces

Liverpool's Mohamed Salah had as many shots as the whole Burnley team in this match (6) and twice as many on target (4), but failed to find the back of the net
      Sly stats obviously, nothing about refs stats !
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #256: Jul 11, 2020 09:30:38 pm
      Liverpool's Mohamed Salah had as many shots as the whole Burnley team in this match (6) and twice as many on target (4), but failed to find the back of the net

Trying to hard snatched at a couple unlucky with Volley
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #257: Jul 11, 2020 10:07:47 pm

Just who the hell do you think you are coming on here calling people "Fuckwit. " You are one of the most opinionated people on here, yet if someone has a different opinion to you they get lambasted. I know that a lot of people have you on ignore, and I can see why now. If I get banned for this post then so be it, but you sir as I have said before are a complete Buffoon of the highest order.

;D, I've been called worse, you are entitled to your opinion Sir.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #258: Jul 11, 2020 10:09:26 pm
      I think replacing Neco and Curtis killed our momentum today. Both had fine games and Jones was putting in a good shift defensively as well.

Really I thought they both seemed over coached, they were playing within themselves, a bit nervy and careful.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #259: Jul 11, 2020 10:10:18 pm

And that is the problem, his shot to goal ratio must be fairly crap.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #260: Jul 11, 2020 10:10:28 pm
      Pope brilliant today Liverpool sh*te in front of goal. Today was a mixture of the two.

Next time we’re back at anfield there’ll be something shiny waiting to be hoisted into the sky, cheer up  ;)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #261: Jul 11, 2020 10:12:54 pm
      Pope brilliant today Liverpool sh*te in front of goal. Today was a mixture of the two.

Next time we’re back at anfield there’ll be something shiny waiting to be hoisted into the sky, cheer up  ;)

We need to win the next 3 games, I want the points record. If our forwards can remember how to take their chances then we'll do it.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #262: Jul 11, 2020 10:24:59 pm
      We need to win the next 3 games, I want the points record. If our forwards can remember how to take their chances then we'll do it.
      Don’t we all. I won’t lose a single second of sleep over it if we don’t though!
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #263: Jul 11, 2020 10:32:32 pm
      And that is the problem, his shot to goal ratio must be fairly crap.

He's a winger we signed 3 years ago - since then he's won 2 golden boots (fighting for a 3rd) and we've won a league and European Cup. If you're taking about ratios, he's the best attacker we've had this century
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #264: Jul 11, 2020 10:36:16 pm
      As well as the record there is also momentum to consider. Short turn around before next season and momentum so important as shown this season following on from last season anyone who has played sport would understand clearly some do not seem to get this
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #265: Jul 11, 2020 10:41:43 pm
      As well as the record there is also momentum to consider. Short turn around before next season and momentum so important as shown this season following on from last season anyone who has played sport would understand clearly some do not seem to get this
      Would reckon most lads here have played sport... a break from the intense games fighting for the title and a break from playing in two european cup finals back to back at the end of the campaign might also do them good. Not robots like are are they
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #266: Jul 11, 2020 10:52:23 pm
      Would reckon most lads here have played sport... a break from the intense games fighting for the title and a break from playing in two european cup finals back to back at the end of the campaign might also do them good. Not robots like are are they
      Part and parcel of being successful is playing more games than others I am afraid not saying expect to win every game and not be rested and I am making a point about momentum
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #267: Jul 11, 2020 11:13:24 pm
      Part and parcel of being successful is playing more games than others I am afraid not saying expect to win every game and not be rested and I am making a point about momentum
      Agree with the momentum point but I wouldn’t be getting my pitchfork out if we drop another few points before the season comes to a close
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #268: Jul 12, 2020 08:05:50 am
      He's a winger we signed 3 years ago - since then he's won 2 golden boots (fighting for a 3rd) and we've won a league and European Cup. If you're taking about ratios, he's the best attacker we've had this century

Totally disagree with you, he's a forward who plays on the right hand side, he's not a winger in the traditional sense of someone like Willian. I also dispute that he's the best we've had this century, I'd easily put Owen, Torres and Suarez above him. All three were much more instinctive goal scorers, yes they may not have scored as many but then they were not playing in as good teams as Mo is.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #269: Jul 12, 2020 08:49:43 am
      To be honest, we are playing for nothing now because we did a brilliant job before.

Players are relaxing and rightly so. Next month, we start the new season and we have to go again.

Salah since we were playing for nothing, tried to run the ball over the line too much.

Jones is a good back-up and Neco is a rough diamond and with some polish, he can be a decent right-back.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #270: Jul 12, 2020 09:17:23 am
      To be honest, we are playing for nothing now because we did a brilliant job before.

Players are relaxing and rightly so. Next month, we start the new season and we have to go again.

Salah since we were playing for nothing, tried to run the ball over the line too much.

Jones is a good back-up and Neco is a rough diamond and with some polish, he can be a decent right-back.

How can it be that I want these records, but the players don't, can that really be true? We will never be in a better position to post the all time points record for a season, just like we will never be in a better position to win every home game until yesterday's disappointing draw against a Burnley with half the team out injured!

The draw to Bitters and loss to City I can accept but that draw yesterday really stings and it was caused purely because our front two don't play well together, their interplay is actually pretty crap if you think about it and I think that stems from them not liking each other very much, which is again caused by Salah being a selfish sod in front of goal, which leads to Mane retaliating. We would have a hell of a lot more goals this season if they both passed more to each other rather than shooting, its something that Klopp is either unwilling or unable to fix.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #271: Jul 12, 2020 09:47:11 am
      How can it be that I want these records, but the players don't, can that really be true? We will never be in a better position to post the all time points record for a season, just like we will never be in a better position to win every home game until yesterday's disappointing draw against a Burnley with half the team out injured!

The draw to Bitters and loss to City I can accept but that draw yesterday really stings and it was caused purely because our front two don't play well together, their interplay is actually pretty crap if you think about it and I think that stems from them not liking each other very much, which is again caused by Salah being a selfish sod in front of goal, which leads to Mane retaliating. We would have a hell of a lot more goals this season if they both passed more to each other rather than shooting, its something that Klopp is either unwilling or unable to fix.

Sorry mate, I understand your thoughts but can't relate. I would be happy to win the league every season with 50 points if that is possible. The only record that is essential is who is 1st.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #272: Jul 12, 2020 10:23:22 am
      Sorry mate, I understand your thoughts but can't relate. I would be happy to win the league every season with 50 points if that is possible. The only record that is essential is who is 1st.

Any other season I agree with you, just win that's all that matters, but we will NEVER have such a good chance to set records that will stand for the rest of time, that's why I was so disappointing with drawing yesterday, we were so so close to going a whole season winning every game and the last time anyone did that was 130 years ago! It was the same with losing to Watford, its not the loss but the fact that if we had won that game it would have been 19 wins in a row beating City's record of 18, the invincibles thing I was not that bothered about to be honest.

So now I really hope we can win our final 3 games, of the three I think Arsenal away on Wednesday is the trickiest one left, I fancy us to beat Chelsea at home with their shaky defence and the barcodes have been a bit sh*t lately plus its the final game, they'll have sod all to play for. We really ought to beat Arsenal but they are a weird team at the moment very hot and cold so we'll need to play better than we have been, but their defence is sh*t, but we'll need our forwards to work better together to exploit it.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #273: Jul 12, 2020 10:24:52 am

The way your playing don't think it's possible. You've still not got out of third gear since the lockdown. It's obviously proving difficult to get players motivated due to you already being Champions. The players just want the Chav much so they can enjoy lifting the Trophy.

I wouldn't be to hard on them heimdall as perfectly understandable in my honest opinion. Shall I go and hide now before you come back with a answer  :couch:  ;D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #274: Jul 12, 2020 10:34:08 am
      The way your playing don't think it's possible. You've still not got out of third gear since the lockdown. It's obviously proving difficult to get players motivated due to you already being Champions. The players just want the Chav much so they can enjoy lifting the Trophy.

I wouldn't be to hard on them heimdall as perfectly understandable in my honest opinion. Shall I go and hide now before you come back with a answer  :couch:  ;D

No I think you are right and in many respects it is impressive that they are still doing as well as they are, but the major issue at the moment is not application or work rate its the finishing or lack of, that's what is infuriating me.
      By the way if the Liverpool players have switched off a bit then please explain the motivation for the City players, in the league they have absolutely bugger all to play for, yet they are posting impressive performance after impressive performance. They lost to a very good Chelsea performance but against Southampton they were just unlucky, they utterly dominated that game.
      Its the one thing I hugely admire with both the Liverpool team and City team, their desire and hunger to win. Man Utd have also been good since the restart but they have a clear goal in sight so that's different.

I still hold out hope we can finish strong, the Arsenal game is key for me, win that and we'll win the rest.
      solodee

• 6,027 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #275: Jul 12, 2020 10:42:15 am

Glad you found that funny.

Quick Reply