Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Arsenal v Liverpool (15 July 2020 - 8:15 pm)

Read 4675 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Pre-Match: Arsenal v Liverpool (15 July 2020 - 8:15 pm)
      Jul 13, 2020 09:39:14 pm
      Enough about City. We get to watch our team play a game of football on Wednesday. Some questions being tossed about about motivation now that the title race is over, but I'm hoping for a good response to the Burnley draw from our side.

Wild that the fewest points we can win the league by are 12.

Come on the Champions!

NB: Team no longer available

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Pre-Match: Arsenal v Liverpool (15 July 2020 - 8:15 pm)
      Reply #1: Jul 13, 2020 10:40:00 pm
      Last game to get out of the way before we lift the trophy at home v chelsea. Hoping for at least a point here to keep the 100 point target going. Wasn't fussed at first but hate seeing us lose points even now. Might as well go for it.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #2: Jul 13, 2020 11:05:06 pm
      Agree with the above post, would like to see a win against the Arse, no more points dropped, finish off the season in style, by winning our last three games.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3: Jul 13, 2020 11:39:21 pm
      Agree with the above post, would like to see a win against the Arse, no more points dropped, finish off the season in style, by winning our last three games.

Won't be easy, both teams have something to play for, but we are by a distance better than both.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #4: Jul 14, 2020 07:59:16 am
      Surely we've got to bag a few against a side containing David Luiz
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #5: Jul 14, 2020 09:56:25 am
      This could be a cricket score for us. could be a cracker.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #6: Jul 14, 2020 10:00:30 am
      This could be a cricket score for us. could be a cracker.

yeah its hard to predict this team, if we come out all fired up then I think we'll win bigly, if not then it could be quite a tight game but I'd still fancy us to score more than them.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #7: Jul 14, 2020 10:25:09 am
      yeah its hard to predict this team, if we come out all fired up then I think we'll win bigly, if not then it could be quite a tight game but I'd still fancy us to score more than them.

Even if we play 60% our level we should still take a few of these. ;D
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #8: Jul 14, 2020 12:41:48 pm
      Sorry folks, but recent form doesn't tell me this will be anything but a tight game.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #9: Jul 14, 2020 12:50:09 pm
      Sorry folks, but recent form doesn't tell me this will be anything but a tight game.

Yeah no one's getting a thrashing from us until next season let's be honest.

Goals for both sides in this, could go either way. Win this and I think we'll get the points record though - we'll raise our game a bit for Chelsea as we'll be lifting the trophy and Newcastle on the last day will be ok if the record is still up for grabs.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #10: Jul 14, 2020 01:07:47 pm
      Not going to be as easy as some believe, gooners are much better now than the gooners we seen under Emery, Arteta is starting to get results and his players are playing a much better brand than before, if they can keep hold of Lacazette, Aubamuyang etc they have the makings of a very decent side, once the dead wood is gone, Luiz, Ozil etc, and  one or two come in, those along with the young lads there, you can see the basis of a good side developing,

They will test us, no doubt, we are not playing like we can, I hope tho that we can bring about a performance that we can all praise about rather than say, sh*t we got lucky there, we need to go there with as strongest X1 as we can muster, so I’m in the Robbie Z camp, that is what I’d start with too,

As decent as they have been of late, I can’t really see them doing us over, we’ll have too much for them , especially if we can press the way we can, their back four/5 have more holes than a brothel, especially if Luiz does his impression of a CB, Salah has him in his pocket already and he’s not even on the bus yet,

Anyhoo.......   

Alisson

Trent   Gomez  Virgil  Robbo

Gini        Fab     Keita

Salah    Bobby   Mane

Bench; Adrian, Williams , Milner, Jones, Shakiri, Origi, Elliot

1-2 Champions

Y  N  W  A
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #11: Jul 14, 2020 01:30:12 pm
      Not going to be as easy as some believe, gooners are much better now than the gooners we seen under Emery, Arteta is starting to get results and his players are playing a much better brand than before, if they can keep hold of Lacazette, Aubamuyang etc they have the makings of a very decent side, once the dead wood is gone, Luiz, Ozil etc, and  one or two come in, those along with the young lads there, you can see the basis of a good side developing,

They will test us, no doubt, we are not playing like we can, I hope tho that we can bring about a performance that we can all praise about rather than say, sh*t we got lucky there, we need to go there with as strongest X1 as we can muster, so I’m in the Robbie Z camp, that is what I’d start with too,

As decent as they have been of late, I can’t really see them doing us over, we’ll have too much for them , especially if we can press the way we can, their back four/5 have more holes than a brothel, especially if Luiz does his impression of a CB, Salah has him in his pocket already and he’s not even on the bus yet,

Anyhoo.......   

Alisson

Trent   Gomez  Virgil  Robbo

Gini        Fab     Keita

Salah    Bobby   Mane

Bench; Adrian, Williams , Milner, Jones, Shakiri, Origi, Elliot

1-2 Champions

Y  N  W  A

Psst! We get another on the bench. Maybe you couldn't bring yourself to type Lovren's name in there.  :laugh:
      « Last Edit: Jul 14, 2020 06:45:26 pm by Robby The Z »
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #12: Jul 14, 2020 01:36:21 pm
      Arsenal will play right into our hands, they cant defend so will attack, which will leave all the space in the world for our lads to run riot.

boom , cricket score. !!  :lmao:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #13: Jul 14, 2020 01:36:45 pm
      and we always bounce back after a rubbish result. #fact
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #14: Jul 14, 2020 04:30:06 pm
      4-2-3-1.

Keita and Fab midfield 2 with Shaq coming into the attack.

Putting away our chances might helps our hopes of getting the 3 points too.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #15: Jul 14, 2020 05:49:30 pm
      Psst! We get another on the bench. Maybe you couldn't bring yourself to type Lovrens name in there.  :laugh:

Psst, Aw sh*te, I was hoping no one noticed,   xxxxx:action-smiley-065:  ;D

Y  N  W  A

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #16: Jul 14, 2020 06:29:33 pm
      We win this one by a scoreline of 3-0. Especially if sideshow Bob is playing CB.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #17: Jul 14, 2020 07:25:03 pm
      Going to be a lot tougher than expected,  depending on the arsenal team seeing they have the cup semi final next weekend.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #18: Jul 14, 2020 07:39:39 pm
                Alisson
      TAA  Gomez  VVD  Robbo
          Milner Fab Keita
            Mo Bob Mane               

Would go strongest XI, though would give Milly a run in the middle instead of Gini. Plus think Milly gives a bit more leadership with Hendo out.
      The young lads have had some good game time but would like to see us go at these.
      Like Jones and he's good going forward, but just think he lacks a bit of urgency when we don't have the ball, little slow closing down.
      Williams has done well too, but still looks rash sometimes.
      Don't think Jürgen is too bothered about the points record or he wouldn't have been starting the young lads/Origi/Ox in recent matches. I'm not either, but the games against Arsenal are generally open and would just like to see us out there with a strong team, in a relatively open match, and score a few goals.
      Like maybe 6 !!  :scarf:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #19: Jul 14, 2020 08:25:43 pm
                Alisson
      TAA  Gomez  VVD  Robbo
          Milner Fab Keita
            Mo Bob Mane               

Would go strongest XI, though would give Milly a run in the middle instead of Gini. Plus think Milly gives a bit more leadership with Hendo out.
      The young lads have had some good game time but would like to see us go at these.
      Like Jones and he's good going forward, but just think he lacks a bit of urgency when we don't have the ball, little slow closing down.
      Williams has done well too, but still looks rash sometimes.
      Don't think Jürgen is too bothered about the points record or he wouldn't have been starting the young lads/Origi/Ox in recent matches. I'm not either, but the games against Arsenal are generally open and would just like to see us out there with a strong team, in a relatively open match, and score a few goals.
      Like maybe 6 !!  :scarf:

Milner has been ruled out.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #20: Jul 15, 2020 09:48:57 am
      Think arsenal might rest a few regulars before the FA Cup semi on the weekend? Their league campaign is more or less over?

Really just want to see our lads lift the bloody thing now winning it with so many gams left is as much of a curse as not winning it for 30 years  :action-smiley-060:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #21: Jul 15, 2020 10:53:29 am
      Think arsenal might rest a few regulars before the FA Cup semi on the weekend? Their league campaign is more or less over?

Really just want to see our lads lift the bloody thing now winning it with so many gams left is as much of a curse as not winning it for 30 years  :action-smiley-060:

Not really, Arsenal still need to secure European football next season, Chelski will also be motivated in the next match to secure CL, so I hope our lads are equally motivated to win and get the points record.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #22: Jul 15, 2020 10:56:42 am
      Not really, Arsenal still need to secure European football next season, Chelski will also be motivated in the next match to secure CL, so I hope our lads are equally motivated to win and get the points record.
      Cant see Arsenal being desperate to get into Europa though. No Europa League distractions might do Arteta and that team good next season.

Quick Reply