Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre-Match: Arsenal v Liverpool (15 July 2020 - 8:15 pm)

Read 4679 times
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,235 posts | 752 
      Re: Pre-Match: Arsenal v Liverpool (15 July 2020 - 8:15 pm)
      Reply #23: Jul 15, 2020 11:03:30 am
      I am not too sure what to expect tonight, seemed to have gone into second gear, since becoming champions. Maybe 2 0 for the Reds !
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #24: Jul 15, 2020 11:04:46 am
      Cant see Arsenal being desperate to get into Europa though. No Europa League distractions might do Arteta and that team good next season.

true, if I was them I'd definitely prioritise the FA Cup but with Citeh in the semi's and a defence like Swiss cheese they are going to need a miracle!
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #25: Jul 15, 2020 11:32:08 am
      Cant see Arsenal being desperate to get into Europa though. No Europa League distractions might do Arteta and that team good next season.

I think the same. Don't think they have the squad to challenge on several fronts, they've been in the Europa for a good few seasons now and their domestic form seems to be getting worse and worse. Obviously other factors have played a part but I'm sure the Europa certainly didn't help
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #26: Jul 15, 2020 11:58:23 am
      I think the same. Don't think they have the squad to challenge on several fronts, they've been in the Europa for a good few seasons now and their domestic form seems to be getting worse and worse. Obviously other factors have played a part but I'm sure the Europa certainly didn't help
      Ya like that season under Klopp, his first full season, where we had no europe did us world of good and got us back into the champions league. Arsenal would benefit from such a season next season IMO
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #27: Jul 15, 2020 02:05:39 pm
      Ya like that season under Klopp, his first full season, where we had no europe did us world of good and got us back into the champions league. Arsenal would benefit from such a season next season IMO

Klopp was still rebuilding the team at that point, but we reached the final of the Europa League the season before and desperately wanted to qualify for the Champions League by winning. I know not having the extra games can impact performances, but in the big picture I don't think it ever does this club "a world of good" to not be involved in Europe
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #28: Jul 15, 2020 02:19:30 pm
      Klopp was still rebuilding the team at that point, but we reached the final of the Europa League the season before and desperately wanted to qualify for the Champions League by winning. I know not having the extra games can impact performances, but in the big picture I don't think it ever does this club "a world of good" to not be involved in Europe
      Obviously we wanted to win Europa League final to be in the CL but a season of no trips to Russia and Germany on a Thursday helped us the following season
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #29: Jul 15, 2020 02:24:36 pm

Probably more likely to get in the Champions League via Europa League than cracking top 4 next season.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #30: Jul 15, 2020 03:14:38 pm
      Not at all bothered what the gooners do or don’t,same applies to anyone else, The cheats are a different story, not that I care about them fuckers either, I want us to F**k them over in every way possible,  staying above them & beating them every f***in season going forward,

They can spend all the dirty money they have trying to surpass us, CAS, has ensured that they can spend as much as they need to do just that, but as we all know spending mega millions guarantees nothing, they could sign, Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Mbappe, Havertz, et al and still not be a success , so let them cheat, let their corruption contaminate any silver that may come their way, let us promote the *asterisk* like they wanted with us,

Arse, MUtants, Spuds, Chavs Foxes, Blueshite, and everyone else can enjoy looking up our arses for the next few seasons, our only real concern and rivals are Shitty, let’s keep atop of them and watch Pep Chuck more of his toys out, that would make us smile quite a lot and piss them off even more.

Cheating Kunts*

Y  N  W  A

Quick Reply