Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Arsenal?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      3 (5.2%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      10 (17.2%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      38 (65.5%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      5 (8.6%)
      Takumi Minamino
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      2 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: Jul 19, 2020 10:09:33 pm

Arsenal 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 17867 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Arsenal 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #322: Jul 15, 2020 10:31:23 pm
      Van Dijk and Alisson created more chances for Arsenal tonight than what Arsenal created.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #323: Jul 15, 2020 10:31:34 pm
      Positives though;

Keita and Minamino changed the game when they came on.

Didnt see it, just saw a wall of Arsenal defenders and us playing with alarming imprecision
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,632 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #324: Jul 15, 2020 10:33:53 pm
      Well we certainly weren't at the races tonight were we, in fact I would say that the players already had their speedo's on and dipping toes into the pool  >:(

I really don't think Arsenal would have scored if we hadn't presented them with the 2 gifts served on a silver platter, apart from Mane, who was my man of the match most were off their game tonight, but I'm not going to single them out after the way they've performed for us this season, it's just a shame in a way we lost that game tonight.

Still one home game and one away game left and I'd like to think we can get back on track next week against the chavs to lift that trophy.

Onwards and upwards Reds, just remember we are the 2019/2020 English League CHAMPIONS.

Put this behind us now and think about the next season.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #325: Jul 15, 2020 10:34:16 pm
      Gomez and Mane were very good, the rest pretty meh. bit wild we didnt start Keita...

but ye. arsed. roll on september tbh...
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #326: Jul 15, 2020 10:34:23 pm
      Didnt see it, just saw a wall of Arsenal defenders and us playing with alarming imprecision

Fair enough, I did.

Naby was always on the half turn driving at players and had a couple nice runs, Minamino had a nice couple of touches and got in behind their defense once or twice which Bobby didn't manage much off although he did also look good in the first half.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #327: Jul 15, 2020 10:35:24 pm
      I'm a bit worried for the start of next season (at least ) if our mistakes and poor form are not only to be explained by Champion lethargy, but by the lack of energy in the stadiums, be that positive or negative.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #328: Jul 15, 2020 10:35:34 pm
      Thank F**k we Shitted The League because we have been poor since the restart, apart from the 4-0 result, who I can’t even remember was against!
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #329: Jul 15, 2020 10:35:53 pm
      We talk like we know it all. Ripping players at our convenience (in case there is).

None of us FULLY understand the amount of energy and effort that has been expended over the last two seasons to win us four trophies. Yet some of us may be onto the players for taking their foot off the gas.

Until we FULLY understand, we have no right to tear into the players (in case there is). Maybe there's really nothing left in the tank mentally and physically for some players. We're not at Melwood we will never know and none of the staff will ever say. We keep assuming they can play high octane forever.

We can be disappointed but I believe there's also room to be understanding. Where we don't understand, just give benefit of the doubt. I don't think this is hard to do. Let's look forward to receiving the trophy.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #330: Jul 15, 2020 10:35:58 pm
      Give us our F***ing trophy already!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #331: Jul 15, 2020 10:36:24 pm
      Get a grip. What if we display this showing against Chelsea and receive the trophy after that? Would we be complaining as we are now?

The complaints are justified mate, up until we clinched it we were unstoppable, since we’ve been back we’ve been damn average and that’s simply not good enough, but, none of us can take anything away from what has been a fantastic & historical season, the players deserve every accolade there is, but now it’s time to end it, if it were down to me that tonight was the last game We see of that team this season, any defeat or draw takes the shine off, 

Play the kids last two, give them a taste and watch them salivate for more, win, lose or draw, for me, we’re spent, so let’s finish it and recharge the batteries.

Y  N  W  A
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #332: Jul 15, 2020 10:37:14 pm
      damn that was such a good interview from Arteta....hard to dislike him.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #333: Jul 15, 2020 10:38:14 pm
      Not gonna like I'm gutted to see these records drop away the last few weeks after it looked as though we were going to piss them pre-COVID

That being said I won't be in the slightest bit arsed this time next week when I'm on my 8th pint watching us lift the trophy!

Up the reds
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #334: Jul 15, 2020 10:38:51 pm
      Blue is the colour, football is the game!

We're all in it together and Liverpool is our team.  ;D
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #335: Jul 15, 2020 10:39:11 pm
      Not a bad call further up, give some a rest on the bench at least, no need to play them let them have their rest.
      Alisson, VVD don't need to play now, probably a few more also.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #336: Jul 15, 2020 10:41:31 pm
      Thank f**k we Shitted The League because we have been poor since the restart, apart from the 4-0 result, who I can’t even remember was against!

Palace and you'll win 4-0 against the Chavs.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #337: Jul 15, 2020 10:42:30 pm

The complaints are justified mate, up until we clinched it we were unstoppable, since we’ve been back we’ve been damn average and that’s simply not good enough, but, none of us can take anything away from what has been a fantastic & historical season, the players deserve every accolade there is, but now it’s time to end it, if it were down to me that tonight was the last game We see of that team this season, any defeat or draw takes the shine off, 

Play the kids last two, give them a taste and watch them salivate for more, win, lose or draw, for me, we’re spent, so let’s finish it and recharge the batteries.

Y  N  W  A

Maybe Jürgen is that good. He squeezed everything out of the players that they have nothing left. Perhaps.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #338: Jul 15, 2020 10:43:06 pm
      None of us FULLY understand the amount of energy and effort that has been expended over the last two seasons to win us four trophies. Yet some of us may be onto the players for taking their foot off the gas.

They had 3 months off and secured the title after about 2 games of the restart!
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #339: Jul 15, 2020 10:44:30 pm
      Souness has calmed me there. Paisley won it with 5 games to spare, we lost 4 of the remaining and drew the other.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #340: Jul 15, 2020 10:47:20 pm
      We talk like we know it all. Ripping players at our convenience (in case there is).

Until we FULLY understand, we have no right to tear into the players (in case there is). Maybe there's really nothing left in the tank mentally and physically for some players. We're not at Melwood we will never know and none of the staff will ever say. We keep assuming they can play high octane forever.

We can be disappointed but I believe there's also room to be understanding. Where we don't understand, just give benefit of the doubt. I don't think this is hard to do. Let's look forward to receiving the trophy.

I've been saying same thing since you won the league. It's impossible to complain really, those that do just look at the trophy cabinet this year.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #341: Jul 15, 2020 10:47:29 pm
      They had 3 months off and secured the title after about 2 games of the restart!

Assume given. But that's only physical. Mentally, we will never know. The other aspect of the game. Let's hope it's not and we can go on a winning streak once more.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #342: Jul 15, 2020 10:47:46 pm
      Is there really even going to be a close season break for teams? I know there's a couple of weeks in August for Champions League but wont' all the other teams be preparing for a Premier League season to begin in early September?

I doubt players get more than two weeks off, if that.

Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #343: Jul 15, 2020 10:48:37 pm

I don't think it's being physically tired, we've been at it for 2-2.5 years high intensity and massive pressure games, mentally we may need a rest. If the players were stressing half as much as me during lockdown about not getting the PL they'll be fooked, I drove myself crackers with it.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #344: Jul 15, 2020 10:48:55 pm
      Souness has calmed me there. Paisley won it with 5 games to spare, we lost 4 of the remaining and drew the other.

He's a great pundit, like he did on the pitch he doesn't take any sh*te and says it how it is.

Quick Reply