Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Arsenal?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      3 (5.2%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      10 (17.2%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      38 (65.5%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      5 (8.6%)
      Takumi Minamino
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      2 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: Jul 19, 2020 10:09:33 pm

Arsenal 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 17846 times
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Re: Arsenal 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #345: Jul 15, 2020 10:53:23 pm
      I doubt players get more than two weeks off, if that.

Really isn't that different than other year since most of our players spend may and june playing international competitions.

ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #346: Jul 15, 2020 11:03:39 pm
      Our soldiers gave their all to win the war. They came back with a resounding victory and minimal casualty.

Honour them. If they want to piss around, just let your soldiers be. The bigger battle ahead is number 20. Save any annoyance for next season.

To obtain the best performance out of people, one must know when to demand and when to let lose. I think Jürgen is doing just that. Because the expectations will pile up once the war starts again. Soldiers can't fight if they're not in excellent condition.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #347: Jul 15, 2020 11:09:23 pm
      Convinced these stupid drink breaks are playing a part; the last 2 games now it has stopped us in our tracks and we've conceded not long after. Plenty of teams who are building momentum are having it broken by the break that really isn't needed.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #348: Jul 15, 2020 11:18:29 pm
      Convinced these stupid drink breaks are playing a part; the last 2 games now it has stopped us in our tracks and we've conceded not long after. Plenty of teams who are building momentum are having it broken by the break that really isn't needed.

I hear they are talking about keeping 5 subs into next season. Not for that either, but I am especially against the drinks break for the reason you mentioned. It makes for a totally different game.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #349: Jul 15, 2020 11:20:41 pm
      I hear they are talking about keeping 5 subs into next season. Not for that either, but I am especially against the drinks break for the reason you mentioned. It makes for a totally different game.
      The 5 subs was passed by Fifa for next season but all individual league will vote on it, can’t see it being passed in the premier league.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #350: Jul 15, 2020 11:24:09 pm
      Can’t wait to see the team lift it xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #351: Jul 15, 2020 11:24:28 pm
      We've been complacent the last two games, not outplayed and that's important. Once this season is out of the way I'm sure Klopp will have us back focused on the tasks ahead.

Every great team has an Achilles heel, maybe ours is when the stakes are a bit lower we can't put in big performances regularly. Not the worst Achilles heel to have!
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #352: Jul 15, 2020 11:25:34 pm
      Couldn’t give a sh*t but it’s crap losing to sh*te like Arsenal who are piss poor
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #353: Jul 15, 2020 11:46:37 pm
      Have to keep reminding myself we are already champs. On the evidence of the last few games its difficult to believe. As chats said, we weren't out played, but to be so complacent, to give away two goals in the fashion we did, and then fail to score more than one with the total domination we had. If the misfiring strikers had a quality striker waiting to replace them, I think we'd see another 10 % from them. Not in effort may be, but in unselfish team play yes. Manes goal was a good team goal, but once we were ahead it seemed to go back to individual efforts. Then following the two defensive mistakes that let Arse go ahead, it was once again, break through the defensive wall. Which we continue to fail to do. Need to get that complacency out of our system once we go ahead. Our lads seem to think once were ahead, other teams give up, but they don't, and we keep getting caught out.
      You may have guessed, i'm F***ing fuming !
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #354: Jul 15, 2020 11:51:52 pm
      Palace and you'll win 4-0 against the Chavs.

Thanks mate, that’s it! and F***ing hope so!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #355: Jul 15, 2020 11:56:21 pm
      Perhaps to be expected but we have been fairly sh*t since the restart, with the exception of Palace we've been scraping wins.
      Having said that we were damned unlucky not to win today but you can't give away mistakes/goals like we did and expect to win.

I'm actually getting a bit nervous for next season, because I can't see us suddenly going back to our previous dominance, even before lockdown we had some very average performances.

The only positive for me was Minamino who looked good when he came on but can our forwards please do some f**king shooting practice, so many shots straight at the keeper on low power.

We may as well send the team on holiday now, play the kids against chavs and barcodes, perhaps they'll be motivated to win.
      CharlesD
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 742 posts | 68 
      Reply #356: Jul 16, 2020 01:21:56 am
      Can't spell Arsenal without arse.
      Redrew
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #357: Jul 16, 2020 01:43:08 am
      Did Bobby F contribute in his 61 minutes?

(I missed 1st half and didn’t know he was on field in his 16 second half minutes)
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #358: Jul 16, 2020 02:40:37 am
      Did Bobby F contribute in his 61 minutes?

Played in Robertson on our goal and hit the post when he block the keepers clearance.

PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #359: Jul 16, 2020 03:40:36 am
      I did not watch the game today, so I don't know if it was the whole team that wasn't up to it or just a few individuals but I assume it was like the past few games where I felt that our intensity and focus only came in spurts during the games. I guess this is some kind of diminution in overall focus and doggedness that is somehow normal after being confirmed champions?

I don't know if it works like that, but one possible positive I can see from losing those games right now is that maybe it's better to lose those games now if it translates into a wake-up call to get back on track and ultimately makes us start next season as hungry as we should be. (Basically just saying that it's better to ultimately know you have a problem because the symptoms are there than to have the problem and not know yet you have one). 

Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #360: Jul 16, 2020 04:53:21 am
      Kieta is so much better than Gini and Ox that its blinding. He doesn't just rely on intensity, but pure class. God i hope he can stay healthy and show Klopp he can play week in and week out. The difference is glaring
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #361: Jul 16, 2020 05:51:16 am
      I did not watch the game today, so I don't know if it was the whole team that wasn't up to it or just a few individuals but I assume it was like the past few games where I felt that our intensity and focus only came in spurts during the games. I guess this is some kind of diminution in overall focus and doggedness that is somehow normal after being confirmed champions?

We looked very good when we were 1-0 up and just pining the ball around but VvD error kind of gave Arsenal a little lift but after the Alisson error Arsenal just set up shop with everyone playing at the 18 yard box. A lot of huffing and puffing but very little cutting edge.

I do think there is a let down after winning it so early. I know some people here thought the 100 point total would contiune to motivate us for the rest if the season but clearly it isn't the case from what I see. They are looking forward to next Wednesday, lifting the trophy and to celebrate achieving their target goal of winning the league.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #362: Jul 16, 2020 08:21:42 am
      Just shows you that in top level football, Jf your concentration levels drop 1% then you’ll get punished, it’s that fine a line.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #363: Jul 16, 2020 08:33:44 am
      Mentality monsters my arse, no pun intended ;-)

Really quite dissapointed in how we are finishing this season and you could tell Jürgen is as well, but then he only has himself to blame for continuing to play Ox and Gini who the do the sum total of F**k all every game, I can only hope that Keita is still not up to speed and that that is the reason for not playing him more.

For the remaining games lets play players who actually give a F**k, I'd play Keita (if fit), Curtis, Neco(instead of Trent who has been shocking recently), Minamino (for Bobby) and possibly Harvey Elliott instead of Salah who seems to have forgotten how to score goals recently, golden boot, don't make me laugh Mo!!
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #364: Jul 16, 2020 08:59:26 am
      Just haven't had our shooting boots on the last couple of games. 48 shots on goal, 20 on target, scored 2 and only got 1 point. Defensively the opposition have had 4 on target and scored 3.

Sometimes football is a bit like that.

Yes the squad needs a bit of a freshen up (all good squads need churn in the summer) but I wouldn't get in a twist about the last few games.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #365: Jul 16, 2020 09:00:43 am
      Really quite dissapointed in how we are finishing this season and you could tell Jürgen is as well, but then he only has himself to blame for continuing to play Ox and Gini who the do the sum total of f**k all every game, I can only hope that Keita is still not up to speed and that that is the reason for not playing him more.

I thought Ox played alright last night, he got ahead of the forwards, timed his runs well, few decent crosses and was busy in my opinion.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #366: Jul 16, 2020 10:57:34 am
      I thought Ox played alright last night, he got ahead of the forwards, timed his runs well, few decent crosses and was busy in my opinion.

I disagree, he gave the ball away a lot and shot straight at the keeper, that's all I recall, which in fairness is more than Gini did, another passenger in the team lately yet guaranteed starter. I honestly would not be unhappy if Gini left as it might force Jürgen to bring more creativity into the team. For example when Shaq came on yesterday there was immediately more drive in the team. When you are playing against a low block you don't need Gini and Fabinho.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #367: Jul 16, 2020 11:57:53 am

Yep, he was OK.
      Not quite "on it" to the same degree as before his injury, but he's getting there.

Quick Reply