Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Dele Ali

Read 4463 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Re: Dele Ali
      Reply #23: Jul 19, 2023 09:11:33 am
      Well, his PR and Management team will be delighted with the response to his beautifully timed account of his life. All of a sudden his attitude and waste of talent is "understandable". Strange he didn't open up when he was at the height of his career.

I know people who have had and still have a much tougher life than him, and yet they are facing life head on. I have no time for these wealthy and famous people looking for attention.

One of the most insensitive, immature, attention seeking posts I've read on here in the 15 years I'm on this forum.

Well done.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,811 posts | 3381 
      Reply #24: Jul 19, 2023 09:31:33 am
      One of the most insensitive, immature, attention seeking posts I've read on here in the 15 years I'm on this forum.

Well done.

I was just going to call him a c**t but you put it better
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #25: Jul 19, 2023 09:33:53 am
      anyone with a modest knowledge of football in the past 4 or 5 years would have wondered why this young lad had dropped of his form so much.
      Think we were interested early in his career too.
      I cant imagine anyone divulging this just to seek attention thats just weird . Hope he finds some satisfaction in life and in football
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,725 posts | 880 
      Reply #26: Jul 19, 2023 10:11:43 am

Well done.

That's the typical exaggeration and drama I expect from you guys here.  ;D

Can't handle simple reality.

DanMann

• 5,725 posts | 880 
      Reply #27: Jul 19, 2023 10:18:13 am
      Wow no sympathy votes your side Dan. 😱 You’re a hard man for sure. 😂 I think he more than deserves a second chance, we know media can spin these stories but I believe every bit of this one. I’d give him a standard ovation if I was at his first match when he comes back hopefully.

Didn't say I don't sympathise. My point, which is obvious, is that this reveal has been timed for optimum effect. Fair play to the Management team, they've got the result they wanted.

It also doesn't excuse his failings in football, and I won't fuss over him more than any other person. As I say, I have a close friend who endured far worse than his story, but hasn't let her experiences affect her life.   
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,942 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #28: Jul 19, 2023 10:42:14 am
      Didn't say I don't sympathise. My point, which is obvious, is that this reveal has been timed for optimum effect. Fair play to the Management team, they've got the result they wanted.

It also doesn't excuse his failings in football, and I won't fuss over him more than any other person. As I say, I have a close friend who endured far worse than his story, but hasn't let her experiences affect her life.   

Your post sounds a little confusing then as I’ve read it the wrong way, it just sounded harsh.  Sadly I think many  of us have/heard friends in the position you’ve stated. Glad she’s managed to move on.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #29: Jul 19, 2023 12:25:39 pm
      That's the typical exaggeration and drama I expect from you guys here.  ;D

Can't handle simple reality.

Nope, just can't handle simple assholes.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #30: Jul 19, 2023 12:28:01 pm

Horseshit. One person's experience of abuse and how they deal with the trauma cannot be compared to another's.

EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT.
      DanMann

• 5,725 posts | 880 
      Reply #31: Jul 19, 2023 07:06:23 pm
      Horseshit. One person's experience of abuse and how they deal with the trauma cannot be compared to another's.

EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT.

Whatever. That's your opinion and that's fine.

As far as I'm concerned, that reasoning is exactly the problem we have today with society encouraging mental weakness and problems, but I'm used to it. It's unfortunately the opinion held by the majority, and why the western world is getting increasingly worse. No need for personal insults though.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #32: Jul 19, 2023 08:07:15 pm
      The timing had more to do with the story going out via the tabloids. It was a lot better for him to control the conversation than let tabloids - who are always so happy to jump on the back of black footballers - tell the story their own way.

The idea that his coming out about issues he faced somehow is a way of looking for 'excuses' for 'failings' is a seriously demented way of looking at the situation. You apparently think the world just needs to 'toughen up', though you need to back that up with claims about other individuals' experiences, and not your own - what a great position to be in!

Oh well, I doubt any of your friends who have gone through 'much worse' is a millionaire who scored for England in the World Cup, right? 'Failure' is very relative, Dele Alli is a very successful professional footballer and that this has been your reaction to his story says more about you than anyone else.

I'm just glad to see a young man who seems to be enjoying himself again. If he makes it back as a footballer, all the better.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,209 posts | 1211 
      Reply #33: Jul 20, 2023 01:05:41 am
      It is straightforward enough from my perspective. If someone says they were abused as a child, basic human decency dictates that you don't cast aspersions as to their motives for speaking out, still less do you imply that they are in some way 'weak' or a 'failure' because your 'mate' has overcome worse.

Somebody who has the fortitude to overcome such traumas as few people can ever imagine, who ends up playing for their country and is millionaire in their early 20s, has probably achieved far more than most people would have predicted.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #34: Jul 20, 2023 11:57:56 am
      Whatever. That's your opinion and that's fine.

As far as I'm concerned, that reasoning is exactly the problem we have today with society encouraging mental weakness and problems, but I'm used to it. It's unfortunately the opinion held by the majority, and why the western world is getting increasingly worse. No need for personal insults though.

No need for more personal insults? Now look who's the snowflake. You're a walking contradiction :lmao:

Quick Reply