Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Referees and officials

Read 1150 times
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran
      • Started Topic

• 396 posts | 85 
      Referees and officials
      Apr 10, 2023 07:57:50 am
      Feel free to combine this with a thread I never knew existed, couldn't think of any, there is no ref thread on here I think, or one that gets used at all these days.

So what's with this linesman elbowing Robertson? That was definitely an elbow and how does that just get brushed over by super serious beardo Roy Keane, haven't heard what he said but got the gist, didn't even see it happen until it was pointed out here, the linesman literally elbowing a player, so what the hell? Just going to forget this next week yeah are we because can't be bothered to shave for 25 years wannabe hard man said nothing to see here?
       Thought the ref was ok this game against Arsenal, Paul Tierney yeah? So lets see how he performs in future too, I have no faith in any ref in this league. He may be on the good list, Michael Oliver used to be good but he went weird.
       All refs should just be great, there is no excuse, biggest league in the world for money.

Oh yeah by the way, I'd like this thread to have links, gifs and webms etc of referees making dodgy decisions, it doesn't have to be about Liverpool FC, English league refs especially because most of this season I've been seeing some dodgy stuff and it's turning me off football along with us playing a bit crap on the whole.
      Because, the refs are so bad now I feel like going ah sod this whole lark and getting on with other matters, if the rules aren't being adhered to then what's the point? Like Man City definitely (not allegedly) having false sponsorship deal and whatever else.
      Rules are rules.
      « Last Edit: Apr 10, 2023 08:13:51 am by Crunchycrisps »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,267 posts | 6368 
      Re: Referees and officials
      Reply #1: Aug 07, 2023 03:48:41 pm
      Interesting read here. The data seems to show that there are definite biases in refereeing and Liverpool get the short end of the stick massively compared to the other top teams.

https://tomkinstimes.substack.com/p/objective-data-liverpool-are-refereed?sd=pf

I'd recommend a thorough read of this although it will probably just make you mad.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,203 posts | 914 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #2: Aug 07, 2023 05:02:40 pm
      Looks like the refs are going to book anyone brandishing a pretend yellow card, wonder if it will continue for the United games with Fernandez and his antics, but wait he’s captain now so it will be ok for him
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,203 posts | 914 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #3: Aug 21, 2023 09:32:15 pm
      Cout can’t ref to save his life, he is incompetent

Quick Reply