Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The official : Laugh at Leeds United thread

Read 9844 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: The official : Laugh at Leeds United thread
      Reply #23: Aug 10, 2020 07:14:12 pm
      A decade earlier.  May 1st 1965 .  Woah Yeh.

........................ ...................

(In the seventies the Scum dropped down into the old Second Division now the Championship . 1974.
      One of five times in their history.) 

For all the stupid manc tw*ts on twitter and facebook laughing over 30 years, they generally have no comeback when reminding them 26 is an awful lot close to 30, but we were never relegated, unlike them by their own legend!!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #24: Aug 10, 2020 07:21:09 pm
      I remember one of the young lads on our coach scaring the absolute sh*t out of three Leeds fans in a VW Golf. Bouncing about over two lanes behind our coach, headlights, horn the f**king lot and them three acting like wankers. Try to overtake our coach abd this is on one of the A roads in Yorkshire and said young lad climbs up opens the emergency exit window, leans a firework out of the coach and fires it. As the golf was trying to overtake, the firework hit the VW Golf's roof then exploded on one of the moors. The VW golf hit the brake, pulled back and ended up behind our coach. Three lads are no longer acting like tw*ts and have the look like the three of them have sh*t themselves, while we were all on the back seat of the coach cheering, flicking V and w**ker signs at them and generally laughing our arse off. That was on the way home from that Viduka 4-3 match.

That F***ing brilliant
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #25: Aug 21, 2020 07:49:30 pm
      Loads of trouble with Leeds fans in the Championship last few seasons. They always have that element. Like most clubs do, but theirs is a much larger percentage.
      Don't think they won't bring that back to the Prem.

Always been a large number of moronic nobs travelling with Leeds. All started with the war of the roses. Lancs V Yorks about 400 years ago  :f_doh:
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #26: Aug 21, 2020 07:58:17 pm
      Loads of trouble with Leeds fans in the Championship last few seasons. They always have that element. Like most clubs do, but theirs is a much larger percentage.
      Don't think they won't bring that back to the Prem.

Always been a large number of moronic nobs travelling with Leeds. All started with the war of the roses. Lancs V Yorks about 400 years ago  :f_doh:

Bowyer, Woodgate and Co.  put a student into a ICU from my ends.  Even their players were thugs lets not forget kong fu cantona played for them.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #27: Aug 21, 2020 10:40:24 pm

That's correct and they have never forgiven us since.  :lmao:
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #28: Aug 22, 2020 11:25:20 pm
      That's correct and they have never forgiven us since.  :lmao:

Yeh but like I said before the fact you took so many top players from them must be a big cause too.  Rio Ferdenand, alan Smith, Cantona, Mc Queen, Gordon Strachan...etc.  I am sure I have missed a few this is an a space of 15 years.   Fergy had this habit of trying to get the best players from his rivals.  He was drooling over Fowler and wouldn't take a no.  When we came in for that left back Argentinian I think forgot his name he didn't like it one bit.  Even though he wanted to sell him but not to us. 

In my opinion there should be no transfers between arch rivals meaning no business between us and utd.  And if you considered them as arch rivals (Leeds) then same again.  My opinion like I say.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #29: Aug 22, 2020 11:48:34 pm
      Yeh but like I said before the fact you took so many top players from them must be a big cause too.  Rio Ferdenand, alan Smith, Cantona, Mc Queen, Gordon Strachan...etc.  I am sure I have missed a few this is an a space of 15 years.   Fergy had this habit of trying to get the best players from his rivals.  He was drooling over Fowler and wouldn't take a no.  When we came in for that left back Argentinian I think forgot his name he didn't like it one bit.  Even though he wanted to sell him but not to us. 

In my opinion there should be no transfers between arch rivals meaning no business between us and utd.  And if you considered them as arch rivals (Leeds) then same again.  My opinion like I say.

It was Owen, not Fowler. Tried to buy him when he was still in our youth team, after he helped win us the youth cup against utd.

Crazy thing is Cantona was offered to us before he went to Wednesday then Leeds, Souness turned it down.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #30: Aug 23, 2020 01:20:05 am
      It was Owen, not Fowler. Tried to buy him when he was still in our youth team, after he helped win us the youth cup against utd.

Crazy thing is Cantona was offered to us before he went to Wednesday then Leeds, Souness turned it down.

I'm sure he was after Fowler too.  Obviously I have no proof as it was about 20 years ago.  But he would give him a lot of compliments and am sure he admitted it at the time.  Obviously he had no chance with Fowler.  Souness well less said about his recruitments the better Ali Dia comes to mind, ;D.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #31: Aug 23, 2020 03:06:29 am
      I thnk Scums biggest gripe was we got  Cantona who went on to be a megend in many fans eyes. The fact we bought him for buttons really upset their FANS. Man!!! I was very excited that day as you could just see he had the ability.

It's true, we certainly got value for money buying come Scum.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #32: Aug 25, 2020 11:12:33 pm
      Had to do a half hour stop in leeds on a bus from London to Newcastle when I was in England in 2013, was the only place I returned home and genuinely said to people was an absolute shithole. Well that and something stunk along the highway up there as we happened to drive past a turn off that went to Manchester but my nan reckons that was a coincidence.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #33: Aug 26, 2020 09:57:59 am
      Saw my dentist early today.

Said the usual to him ..

" Look mate . I wont hurt you if you don't hurt me ! "     ;D

Seriously ...he is a Boro supporter and hates Leeds. Asked us to do a "Welcome To The Premier League" job on them first game.

I said that I'd have a quiet word with Jürgen for him.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #34: Feb 27, 2022 12:21:48 pm
      Quite liked Bielsa but was inevitable he had to go. Apparently fair amount of Leeds fans wanted him to stay..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #35: May 02, 2023 05:17:31 pm
      Fat Sam to save Leeds? Can’t see it looking at the games left. They’re going down.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #36: May 03, 2023 11:16:58 am
      The man with a thousand names is back.

'Chippy Tits' aka 'Curry Udders' aka 'The Count of Monte Bisto' aka 'Former Everton Manager' Sam Allardyce is BACK!
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #37: May 03, 2023 12:04:32 pm
      So yet another club falls for the media generated "He'll keep them up" charlatan. Apparently on a King's ransom (Topical) to keep the s**tty bas**rds in the league....So if they lose all their games and Forest and Everton lose all theirs, he gets the payout.
      You have to laugh when you hear him referred to as Ex England manager...It's like calling Truss ex Prime Minister. Going down and hopefully staying down.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #38: May 03, 2023 12:13:17 pm
      So yet another club falls for the media generated "He'll keep them up" charlatan. Apparently on a King's ransom (Topical) to keep the s**tty bas**rds in the league....So if they lose all their games and Forest and Everton lose all theirs, he gets the payout.
      You have to laugh when you hear him referred to as Ex England manager...It's like calling Truss ex Prime Minister. Going down and hopefully staying down.

Allegedly gets 3 million if he keeps them up, it’s not happening. They’ll do well to get 1 point out of their remaining games.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #39: May 03, 2023 01:24:33 pm
      From Bielsa to Allardyce. Beautiful portrait of the descent of man that.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #40: May 03, 2023 03:07:53 pm
      Tell you what la, you'd of got some odds on Allardyce, Hodgson, Smith and Dyche all managing Premier League clubs at the start of the season.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #41: May 03, 2023 06:25:58 pm
      Sam Allardyce: Leeds boss says he is 'up there' with Jürgen Klopp & Pep Guardiola
      New Leeds United manager Sam Allardyce has said he is "up there" with any manager in the Premier League including Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola and Liverpool's Jürgen Klopp.

Allardyce, who replaced Javi Gracia, said he may look "antiquated" but is the equal of any manager in the league.

"I'm 68 but there's nobody ahead of me in football terms. Not Pep, not Klopp, not [Mikel] Arteta," he said.

Allardyce's task is to keep Leeds in the Premier League.

With four games remaining, they are only outside the relegation places on goal difference and face a daunting run-in with fixtures against Manchester City, Newcastle United, West Ham and Tottenham to come.

Of the timing of his appointment, Allardyce said: "Leeds have known where I am but it's not materialised until now.

"The football club chooses which way it wants to go and far too many people think I am old and antiquated which is so far from truth.

"It's all there with me. They do what they do, I do what I do. In terms of knowledge and depth of knowledge, I'm up there with them. I'm not saying I'm better than them, but certainly as good as they are."

Allardyce's side travel to face Guardiola's City in his first game in charge on Saturday.

The former Everton and England boss said his tenure at relegation-threatened Leeds could be his "biggest challenge" in management because of the fixtures.

"We start with an easy one on Saturday," said Allardyce. "It can't get any easier than Manchester City away, can it?

"It is a big challenge that the players have to take on, that I have to take on, and we'll go to Manchester City and do our best to get a result.

"It's probably my biggest challenge because of the shortness of games that are left and the difficulty of those fixtures."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65473908
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #42: May 03, 2023 06:34:59 pm
      Sam Allardyce: Leeds boss says he is 'up there' with Jürgen Klopp & Pep Guardiola
      New Leeds United manager Sam Allardyce has said he is "up there" with any manager in the Premier League including Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola and Liverpool's Jürgen Klopp.

Allardyce, who replaced Javi Gracia, said he may look "antiquated" but is the equal of any manager in the league.

"I'm 68 but there's nobody ahead of me in football terms. Not Pep, not Klopp, not [Mikel] Arteta," he said.

Allardyce's task is to keep Leeds in the Premier League.

With four games remaining, they are only outside the relegation places on goal difference and face a daunting run-in with fixtures against Manchester City, Newcastle United, West Ham and Tottenham to come.

Of the timing of his appointment, Allardyce said: "Leeds have known where I am but it's not materialised until now.

"The football club chooses which way it wants to go and far too many people think I am old and antiquated which is so far from truth.

"It's all there with me. They do what they do, I do what I do. In terms of knowledge and depth of knowledge, I'm up there with them. I'm not saying I'm better than them, but certainly as good as they are."

Allardyce's side travel to face Guardiola's City in his first game in charge on Saturday.

The former Everton and England boss said his tenure at relegation-threatened Leeds could be his "biggest challenge" in management because of the fixtures.

"We start with an easy one on Saturday," said Allardyce. "It can't get any easier than Manchester City away, can it?

"It is a big challenge that the players have to take on, that I have to take on, and we'll go to Manchester City and do our best to get a result.

"It's probably my biggest challenge because of the shortness of games that are left and the difficulty of those fixtures."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65473908

Fat Sam fancies being on stage, as a comedian !
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #43: May 03, 2023 06:54:11 pm
      Southampton look down.  Hope Everton and Leeds join them. 

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/1653794248200982528
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #44: May 03, 2023 08:52:19 pm
      Chippy tits talking through his arse again !
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #45: May 05, 2023 11:54:18 am
      I'd hoped the Cheshire Cat grinning mercenary had disappeared for good....Alas we get another short bout of media obsession with him (Why?)...
      To me he's just a big fat bloated gobs***e.

Quick Reply