Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Chelsea?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      42 (58.3%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (4.2%)
       Fabinho
      1 (1.4%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1.4%)
      Naby Keïta
      20 (27.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      3 (4.2%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (2.8%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Voting closed: Jul 26, 2020 10:08:53 pm

Liverpool 5-3 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 16367 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Re: Liverpool 5-3 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #368: Jul 23, 2020 01:22:44 pm
      Thinking back to last night, I was on the agricultural wine (cider) and was well happy, but when Bobbys goal went in, I didn’t know weather to laugh or cry.
      So so made up for him getting his home goal in the last home game.
      And what a class finish. And a superb pin point cross from Trent. Love to see it again, sure Bob was in a triangle of two defenders and the keeper at full pelt, and met it as sweet as was possible.
      I was elated, stunned, emotional, verbal then silent, then screaming at the telly, then hollering at my lad, then s Bob, then at Trent and anyone else in earshot.
      Totally totally amazed.
      Won’t forget that goal for as long as I’m on this planet.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #369: Jul 23, 2020 01:48:03 pm
      Ginis was a scrappy one but the other 4 goals were pure quality.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #370: Jul 23, 2020 01:53:36 pm
      Can't imagine how Jordan must have felt lifting that trophy. I mean the last 18 months has definitely vindicated him and he doesn't deserve anything less than an outpouring of accolades. For all the sh*t that he's had to put up with and people (probably even me at some point) telling him he wasn't good enough to be the Liverpool captain....well lifting that trophy was a big middle finger to all of the doubters and haters. 

What an amazing team that has been assembled, from the top to the bottom and all members of this organization deserve their share of praise.

Hope they enjoy it, then I hope they get back to work so we can do it all again (proper like) next year.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #371: Jul 23, 2020 02:08:14 pm
      Having been furloughed from my job a month ago I had to work a part-time retail position during the game and celebration, but watched them all late-night in my basement alone on DVR upon returning. I was exhausted and my back is wrecked.

Honestly, none of this is how I expected it would be in my 22 years (relatively short, I know) of loving Liverpool Football Club. We finally had a funeral for my Mom this weekend, delayed for three months by CoVid restrictions. Roughest period of my life without a doubt.

But last night I remembered, there are a lot of hurting people in this world. The fact that millions of them enjoyed a respite, a shining break from their troubles, because of a love that extends well beyond supporting a football team on a pitch, is a very, very good thing.

The hard part of life goes on but these glimmers and pools of hope allow us (as the song says) to take a shimmer of the greater shine, to call our own and make us brighter.

Thanks to all involved for making it happen.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #372: Jul 23, 2020 03:58:43 pm
      Hope your social distancing mate.,  ;D

Family bubbles, or something, F**k it, hangover.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #373: Jul 23, 2020 04:16:35 pm
      So proud to watch the squad climb the steps onto the Spion Kop podium and lift that gleaming trophy last night.
      After I might add, a great game of footy.. the goals were flying in.

Jürgen and his right hand men need to tighten a few loose nuts and bolts at the back (tactically) before we begin the defense of our success, in September.
      A couple of modifications I am confident he will take care of.

My only gripe, as with all of us last night, is we didn't have a full house in the stadium.
      The volume from that crowd last night would've been heard in Manchester, there is no doubt, especially for the presentation.

How fitting it was, that we reached 96 points last night, the night we were presented with the trophy, on the Kop !!

:kop5cf8koxp6:

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #374: Jul 23, 2020 04:23:47 pm
      Wow !

MOTM.   Obviously yes it was Trent but  in fact I gave my vote to Bobby for last night.

The shift he has put in all season he deserved that goal ......and at Anfield.

Yes Stringer.  96 points for the 96 . 
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #375: Jul 23, 2020 04:24:50 pm
      Felt like an exhibition match at times, defending not too good. Some great goals from the champions, thank f**k that we won !
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #376: Jul 23, 2020 04:41:47 pm
      We all know how much it means to win it. I understand one thing now.

How did we win it? By getting the right outcome more often than others.

What’s the right outcome? Three points.

How do you get the right outcome? By outscoring our opponents - by a goal or even twenty.

How is that achieved? Sometimes by lucky decisions, sometimes by a player’s misfortune, sometimes by VAR, sometimes by blowing teams away, sometimes by winning ugly, sometimes by quickly taken set pieces, sometimes with a monster mentality and many other factors etc. etc...

I’m by no means a super fan. But I have understood that you don’t always rely on one way to bag three points, although blowing teams away is what all of us want to see. It’s only one of the ways to secure three points. Even then we may draw or lose playing good Football.

Every point is precious. I’ve learnt to appreciate the lads for every point they’ve secured whether they scrapped it or trash the opponents. It’s all hard work. The manner is secondary to me, just an icing on the cake. Which is why it’s painful at times to read about unforgiving people tearing into our lads even after a win.

But they’ve delivered. Never mind the manner, which is a whopping 96 points. It could be on GD I don’t care. What a ride over these few Seasons it has been!

Keep supporting our lads. This team delivered 96 points and the trophy. They are all good enough, for at least another season. Let’s do it again for number 20. It’s not about winning games in style. It’s points, points and more points. This ensures we win the league in style.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #377: Jul 23, 2020 05:24:21 pm
      That video of Lampard sounding off against Klopp and Ljinders knowing Trent is about to step up and bury the free kick is fantastic.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #378: Jul 23, 2020 06:45:32 pm
      Mate just join us, we’ll welcome you with open arms.

Nah . We must make Keith do an initiation test.
      Ideas on a postcard .......
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #379: Jul 23, 2020 09:11:45 pm
      Only found out the actual score a few hours ago - Think it was 4-1 when we left the Sandon to go outside the ground 😂

Got in about half 3, girlfriend forced me to get a shower before bed because I absolutely stunk of pyro smoke!
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #380: Jul 23, 2020 09:36:06 pm
      That video of Lampard sounding off against Klopp and Ljinders knowing Trent is about to step up and bury the free kick is fantastic.

Although it looked off the cuff I'd bet Lampard had it in his mind to have a pop at us. Then the disgraced counterfeit ex-manager Sam Allardyce piled in claiming "we should listen to Lampard". Just Lampard playing silly buggers trying to get Klopp to react...grow up Lampard you pillock..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #381: Jul 23, 2020 10:14:31 pm

:lmao:
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #382: Jul 24, 2020 08:45:39 am

Skip for a minute I thought you said Keith must do a IRRITATION TEST.
      Now to the REDS it made me so proud to see us lift that trophy and the way the players responded to an Anfield that was devoid of supporters.Without a doubt we are the  greatest football club in the world.Bill Bob and Joe will be looking down on Jürgen and our REDS with so much pride.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #383: Jul 24, 2020 01:27:48 pm
      Wow !

MOTM.   Obviously yes it was Trent but  in fact I gave my vote to Bobby for last night.

The shift he has put in all season he deserved that goal ......and at Anfield.

Yes Stringer.  96 points for the 96 .

Gave MOTM to Keita.
      He had some great moments, and scored a beauty.
      One turn inside to beat an opposition player near the centre circle was pure filth.

Not saying he was better than TAA, just thought he had a good game.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 844 posts | 235 
      Reply #384: Jul 24, 2020 08:11:52 pm
      One thing I haven't seen mentioned, but just before Chelsea's third goal, Robb wa going to take a throw in from the correct place and the ref made him move some ten yards back. Then Chelsea got a throw in and the throw was taken from at least 12yards further forward, from which they scored, but he  let them get away with it. Prat. Could have made all the difference to the final result but luckily the Ox made sure it didn't.

Great celebrations and to cap it all, Hendo get the Football writers footballer  of the Season. Well done Hendo you've been great all season and a worthy club and team  captain.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #385: Jul 27, 2020 04:04:59 am

Quick Reply