Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Harvey Barnes (Leicester City)

Read 3220 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Harvey Barnes (Leicester City)
      Jul 26, 2020 11:05:39 am
      « Last Edit: Aug 04, 2020 12:59:41 pm by JD »
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Re: Harvey Barnes (Leicester City to Liverpool)
      Reply #1: Jul 26, 2020 11:15:40 am
      I like the lad he has lots of pace and intelligent link up play. I can see why Klopp would be interested.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2: Jul 26, 2020 11:34:21 am
      Is this the start of the click bait season?

I’m not that convinced he is what we need, there’s no doubting his potential, but is he a Klopp fit, and could he raise his game up to the level or quality we want ?

I’m not sure he can, but if Jürgen’s been spying on him who am I to argue?

Y  N  W  A
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #3: Jul 26, 2020 11:40:40 am
      I like the lad he has lots of pace and intelligent link up play. I can see why Klopp would be interested.

Is this the start of the click bait season?

I’m not that convinced he is what we need, there’s no doubting his potential, but is he a Klopp fit, and could he raise his game up to the level or quality we want ?

I’m not sure he can, but if Jürgen’s been spying on him who am I to argue?

Y  N  W  A

Agreed Baz and Billy I did hesitate before sharing but I can see this lad being able to cover midfield a little and potentially replace Divock.......

Expect 1000 of these as ever.......then we'll sign someone out the blue ;D
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #4: Jul 27, 2020 09:37:08 am
      Agreed Baz and Billy I did hesitate before sharing but I can see this lad being able to cover midfield a little and potentially replace Divock.......

Expect 1000 of these as ever.......then we'll sign someone out the blue ;D

We'll definitely need to bring in a young player like Barnes who has pace and goals in him. He could do very well for us as an impact sub or cover for the wide attacking positions. English though so his fee will be inflated.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #5: Jul 27, 2020 07:24:56 pm
      We'll definitely need to bring in a young player like Barnes who has pace and goals in him. He could do very well for us as an impact sub or cover for the wide attacking positions. English though so his fee will be inflated.

I'd rather bring Brewster back first.

Still undecided on Harvey Barnes, never really seen anything from him that makes him stand out as a player and I can't see us paying silly money for him.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #6: Jul 28, 2020 06:13:52 am
      No, just no. I'd rather give more minutes to Harvey or bring back Brewster.
      deneb
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #7: Jul 28, 2020 12:50:52 pm
      I wouldn't be unhappy with this signing. Haven't seen any potential fees mentioned yet, but in terms of what he would offer makes a lot more sense that having Origi or Ox playing on the left.

If we could sell Origi and Shaqiri and use Barnes-Brewster-Elliott to replace them it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #8: Jul 28, 2020 02:15:27 pm
      Barnes is a good young player, but he has a terrible habit of being in front of goal and not finishing.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #9: Jul 31, 2020 12:30:21 am
      Barnes is a good young player, but he has a terrible habit of being in front of goal and not finishing.

I have no idea who this lad is but you would think, if any Manager in World Football could untap his potential, it would be Jürgen.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #10: Jul 31, 2020 04:20:21 am
      I have no idea who this lad is but you would think, if any Manager in World Football could untap his potential, it would be Jürgen.

He looks like a good young player. If we get him I would be excited to see Klopp tap into all that potential
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #11: Jul 31, 2020 09:32:18 am

I was glad to see him go off against us at the weekend, for me he was quite dangerous, handy from what i saw in the 70+ mins he played.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #12: Jul 31, 2020 11:46:10 am
      I was glad to see him go off against us at the weekend, for me he was quite dangerous, handy from what i saw in the 70+ mins he played.

yeah he's a good player, just lacking end product, similar to how Sterling used to be, definitely a player with a load of potential.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #13: Jul 31, 2020 02:48:50 pm
      Just had to google him because I didn't have a clue who he was  :lmao:

...Sign him up!

Quick Reply