Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Liverpool Squad for 2020-21 Season

Read 18699 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6719 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Liverpool Squad for 2020-21 Season
      Reply #69: Aug 17, 2020 04:58:16 am
      Mate just finished watching both. The views are amazing. I was jealous of the 3 people who looked like they live somewhere around there, in the background, peaking out from near the trees. I would have run down to the fence and started talking to all the lads and Jürgen and asked if i could take pics...bahahahaha
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,254 posts | 1390 
      Reply #70: Aug 18, 2020 12:29:39 am
      The new season will start I believe on September 12 and finish on 23 May '21. No mid season breaks. So we only have just over 3 weeks till kick off. Fixture list will be out by this Friday. Probably get Leeds away. United and City,Wolves and Chelsea have had even less of a break.

We should be ready and get back into groove early on. Wonder if Pep making a balls of the Champions League will dent them slightly.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #71: Aug 18, 2020 11:02:59 am
      The new season will start I believe on September 12 and finish on 23 May '21. No mid season breaks. So we only have just over 3 weeks till kick off. Fixture list will be out by this Friday. Probably get Leeds away. United and City,Wolves and Chelsea have had even less of a break.

We should be ready and get back into groove early on. Wonder if Pep making a balls of the Champions League will dent them slightly.

I honestly think Sterling's miss will mess him up for a little while, that was horrendous.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #72: Aug 18, 2020 11:39:27 am
      I honestly think Sterling's miss will mess him up for a little while, that was horrendous.

What do you expect from a Defender .
       :lmao:

T.I.  You watching ?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #73: Aug 18, 2020 03:48:38 pm
      Quite happy to see some of the youth players take over the minutes that Lovren & Lallana had last season.

Lovren - 777 minutes in the PL (10 appearances) & 233 minutes in the CL (3 appearances)

Lallana - 373 minutes in the PL. (15 appearnaces)

Hoever & van den Berg are probably looking for some minutes.
      Billy Koumetio getting plenty of mentions during the training camp.

Would gladly see Jones get more game time and then a decision will need to be made with Grujic.

Some big minutes there in CB if a youth player wants to throw down a gauntlet.
      Jones made 6 appearances in the PL last season. He'll want more.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #74: Aug 19, 2020 04:26:32 pm
      Friendly scheduled vs. Stuttgart this Saturday and at Red Bull Salzburg Tuesday the 25th  both live on LFC TV.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6719 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #75: Aug 20, 2020 01:26:48 am
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,526 posts | 719 
      Reply #76: Aug 20, 2020 06:07:38 am
      How come the transfer gossip thread is locked? are we not buying anyone?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #77: Aug 20, 2020 12:39:30 pm
      How come the transfer gossip thread is locked? are we not buying anyone?

It went rather a long way off topic, and I was partly responsible.

Apologies to all.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #78: Aug 20, 2020 04:27:33 pm
      Watch for Billy Koumetio. Kid is making an impression.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Liverpool Squad for 2020-21 Season; Preseason
      Reply #79: Aug 20, 2020 11:01:03 pm
      Post on Twitter and Facebook shows a group of players who won the midweek training match. Billed as youngers vs. olders, the winners include Neco Williams, Joe Gomez, Billy Koumetio, Sepp Van Den Berg, Kostas Tsmikas, Nat Phillips, Kijana Hoever, Curtis Jones, Harvey Elliott, Marko Grujic and Alisson Becker (i'm forgetting one or two).

The club already put out a video today showing goalkeeper training and a bit from a training match, I don't think it was the same one, so we may not see any more details on this "game," but the youngers looked pretty pleased with getting one over on the likes of Virgil, Robbo, Gini, Mo, Bobby and Sadio. I understand Jürgen has these games during the season when there is no midweek match and the youngers do fairly well. The Twitter commentary is focusing on Alisson playing with the youngers and bashing Adrian and Karius, but it speaks to the promise of our youngers (and our management team's expertise in keeping training intense).
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #80: Aug 21, 2020 04:23:21 pm
      Ox to miss the rest of.preseason camp due to a.knee injury. Picked up from a.xhallenge in training.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Liverpool Squad for 2020-21 Season; Preseason
      Reply #81: Aug 21, 2020 07:21:54 pm
      Post on Twitter and Facebook shows a group of players who won the midweek training match. Billed as youngers vs. olders, the winners include Neco Williams, Joe Gomez, Billy Koumetio, Sepp Van Den Berg, Kostas Tsmikas, Nat Phillips, Kijana Hoever, Curtis Jones, Harvey Elliott, Marko Grujic and Alisson Becker (i'm forgetting one or two).

The club already put out a video today showing goalkeeper training and a bit from a training match, I don't think it was the same one, so we may not see any more details on this "game," but the youngers looked pretty pleased with getting one over on the likes of Virgil, Robbo, Gini, Mo, Bobby and Sadio. I understand Jürgen has these games during the season when there is no midweek match and the youngers do fairly well. The Twitter commentary is focusing on Alisson playing with the youngers and bashing Adrian and Karius, but it speaks to the promise of our youngers (and our management team's expertise in keeping training intense).

The club put out a video today of this "training match," which actually was a finishing game. Almost all the video was of the first team players (on the losing team) going up against Alisson and Kelleher. Saw a number of goals from Mo, Sadio and Bobby, and also some good saves from both goalkeepers and more than a few shots off target. Unfortunately only a couple of efforts from the winning team, Tsmikas missing against Adrian and Curtis Jones scoring against Karius. Anyway, training continues on.

Looking forward to the match tomorrow.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #82: Aug 22, 2020 07:18:03 pm
      REALLY hoping we keep Brewster and Grujic around this season.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,750 posts | 858 
      Reply #83: Aug 23, 2020 02:09:17 pm
      How did this Koumetio lad I keep reading about for the last week done yesterday? Didn't get to watch the game but he apparently looked good winning his battles in the air and looking dominant overall. Anybody who's seen the game can tell me if he looked better or on par with Philips, Van Den Berg, and the rest of the youth in defense? How is his passing game?

For all that is written about this kid's towering stature and physical ability can we realistically expect him to be knocking on the door a bit earlier than Van Den Berg and Hoever?

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #84: Aug 23, 2020 03:04:46 pm

I find this really interesting, it makes you wonder what kind of thinking goes on in Jürgen’s head, he’s obviously looking to see which youngsters can play at the level required, and it looks as though they don’t have any issues making the grade, if those young lads can get the better of their more experienced peers, then I’m very encouraged and impressed with the work being done at the academy,

Of course for most of those young lads it’s too early to expect them to step up now, but another year of development at the academy and we could see more lads breaking through, and, don’t forget the academy isn’t actually in full operating mode as yet but imagine in 2/3 years down the road I think our academy will be the envy of the world ,

I seem to remember Ajax in the 70’s had a academy that turned out to be years ahead of anyone else in Europe, they still have a very good one, but I think our very own Kirby academy will be the best ever.

Klopp really is building his Legacy.

Y  N  W  A
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #85: Aug 23, 2020 03:14:35 pm
      How did this Koumetio lad I keep reading about for the last week done yesterday? Didn't get to watch the game but he apparently looked good winning his battles in the air and looking dominant overall. Anybody who's seen the game can tell me if he looked better or on par with Philips, Van Den Berg, and the rest of the youth in defense? How is his passing game?

For all that is written about this kid's towering stature and physical ability can we realistically expect him to be knocking on the door a bit earlier than Van Den Berg and Hoever?

First time I’d seen this lad and I got to honest, he played like he’d been there for years, I’m telling you now this lad has it all, for the short time he was on he was immense, winning headers, like clearing headers 30yards + obviously very strong, powerful, and reads the game very well, he even put a ball thru the eye of a needle pass to I think Brewster,  very impressive, but he’ll need more time with the academy to hone his skills, some of you may be worried about how we replace Virgil, don’t, I think we found him already.

Y  N  W  A

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #86: Aug 23, 2020 06:47:58 pm

He's ahead of Van Den Berg already. I think Hoever is also a big talent but the club seem more interested in him as a right back at the moment, which of course is not expecting any vacancies soon. But re Billy, he's got a world of talent and all the athleticism you could ask for.

I saw him once over commit toward a header at the midfield stripe and somebody had to clean up for him closer to our goal (Tsimikas I think), but those are the kinds of mistakes that will come with youth. He is very, VERY promising.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,750 posts | 858 
      Reply #87: Aug 23, 2020 07:07:38 pm
      He's ahead of Van Den Berg already. I think Hoever is also a big talent but the club seem more interested in him as a right back at the moment, which of course is not expecting any vacancies soon. But re Billy, he's got a world of talent and all the athleticism you could ask for.

I saw him once over commit toward a header at the midfield stripe and somebody had to clean up for him closer to our goal (Tsimikas I think), but those are the kinds of mistakes that will come with youth. He is very, VERY promising.
      Thank you! This got me even more excited about him. I'm hoping we see more of this kid.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #88: Aug 24, 2020 02:49:03 am
      Still no Shaq or Divock in photos from Sunday training. Hendo and Matip also missing but the club have said they are rehabbing from injury, as is Trent back in Liverpool.

Everybody else is in the photos and video, including Hoever who looked to take a knock in the Stuttgart game (but he participated the small-sided games Sunday).

Two more sessions Monday and then a match at Salzburg Tuesday.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,750 posts | 858 
      Reply #89: Aug 24, 2020 04:26:01 pm
      Still no Shaq or Divock in photos from Sunday training. Hendo and Matip also missing but the club have said they are rehabbing from injury, as is Trent back in Liverpool.

Everybody else is in the photos and video, including Hoever who looked to take a knock in the Stuttgart game (but he participated the small-sided games Sunday).

Two more sessions Monday and then a match at Salzburg Tuesday.
      Do you think they are being shopped?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #90: Aug 24, 2020 04:33:38 pm
      Do you think they are being shopped?

I don't think we do that with veterans, but they may have been told they are free to look for a deal of their own.
      « Last Edit: Aug 25, 2020 03:08:02 am by Robby The Z »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #91: Aug 25, 2020 12:37:15 am
      If you haven't already, check out the Inside Training video from today. The bit with Sadio, Naby and then Bobby showing off some juggling skills while playing keepy-uppy is worth the time spent alone. Mad skills on display.

Quick Reply