Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Liverpool Squad for 2020-21 Season

Read 18452 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Liverpool Squad for 2020-21 Season
      Reply #92: Aug 25, 2020 10:39:33 am
      If you haven't already, check out the Inside Training video from today. The bit with Sadio, Naby and then Bobby showing off some juggling skills while playing keepy-uppy is worth the time spent alone. Mad skills on display.

link please?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #93: Aug 25, 2020 11:29:34 pm
      Team with some injury woes heading into Community Shield, including Henderson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Oxlade-Chamberlin and (maybe) Shaqiri and Origi.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #94: Aug 25, 2020 11:33:35 pm
      Team with some injury woes heading into Community Shield, including Henderson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Oxlade-Chamberlin and (maybe) Shaqiri and Origi.

And the joy of an international break afterwards,  hopefully the Leeds game won't be an early Saturday kick off
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #95: Aug 26, 2020 02:27:39 am
      And the joy of an international break afterwards,  hopefully the Leeds game won't be an early Saturday kick off

I see Trent was named for England. I presume since he hasn't been training he won't be playing in the Community Shield Saturday. So, he shouldn't be going to England camp, should he?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #96: Aug 26, 2020 07:13:39 am

pretty sure the ox is the only serious injury, similiar to hendo's.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #97: Aug 26, 2020 08:58:39 am
      pretty sure the ox is the only serious injury, similiar to hendo's.

Still, international break not welcome at all
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #98: Aug 26, 2020 10:10:35 am
      Still, international break not welcome at all

Pretty sure if trent wasnt fit enough he wouldnt be going, 2 games for ungurlaand might actually do him some good, see as hes missed 2 pre season games. ;-)
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #99: Aug 26, 2020 05:49:32 pm
      Messi up for grabs..not really. Seems more of a Rooney like stunt to get another 2/3 year extension on half a million a week.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #100: Aug 27, 2020 07:41:34 am
      Messi up for grabs..not really. Seems more of a Rooney like stunt to get another 2/3 year extension on half a million a week.

It would crazy if we did actual go and get him, but I fancy if he is serious it will be PSG or City with Pep.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #101: Aug 29, 2020 01:31:36 pm
      Klopp on transfer policy re the coming season. Sounds very unlikely to me we bringing anybody else in.

"Every year was pretty much the same - I don't think I ever bought enough players in a transfer window to satisfy everybody. It was always 'aaargh, we need another one'. But so far it worked out."

"We will see, we’ve never been in a situation like that. If you get too many injuries during a season you are never prepared for that, you can usually not sort that problem beforehand with the biggest squad ever. Yes, numbers in the squad make sense. We have a big squad in the moment, a lot of young boys involved – they are all promising and all good. The number, the size of the squad, is absolutely OK in the moment. We have injured players and still can take a bigger squad tomorrow to London, but still some players will not be involved. That shows you the number is OK. Probably you talk about the quality and stuff like this, it’s again nothing really to talk about. I’m happy with what we have but we look constantly for improvements; the only difference is we look for improvements as well internally, how can we improve the players and how can we make them more ready for the specific occasions? That’s what we do.

Is the biggest squad ever the solution for next season? I don’t know, we will see how it is. Nothing really to say. It will be intense, but nobody is moaning in the moment – we are all happy that we can play at all. It’s just [that] two weeks’ pre-season and then playing such an important game tomorrow is not ideal. But nobody would moan, because we are happy we can play these games. Then two weeks after that we start the season, then from these two weeks or 10 days, a lot of international players are away. Is that perfect? No, but nobody moans because we take it, we are just happy that we can play again. That’s how we have to approach the whole season. The time is still uncertain for all of us – not only in football but in football as well. The situation is not sorted, that we are all living in, so we should not deal with it like it is sorted. We have to show responsibility for a lot of people in the world, in the countries and in the club, especially here. That’s what we try to consider. We don’t live in dreamland in the moment where we say, ‘Come on, let’s bring him in, let’s bring him in, let’s bring him in’ and then we realise later on we have some other problems. We deal with our situation, which is a good one, but we deal with the situation already for a while and we try to, or think we should, do that for a bit longer. Because it’s still uncertain out there and we should not forget that."
      « Last Edit: Aug 29, 2020 02:23:13 pm by Robby The Z »
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #102: Aug 29, 2020 10:06:03 pm
      I've almost all but convinced myself that our chance of a repeat depends solely on whether we sign Thiago or not. He's that good. We cant bank on no injuries to our squad while other teams have them.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #103: Aug 30, 2020 09:11:17 pm
      I've almost all but convinced myself that our chance of a repeat depends solely on whether we sign Thiago or not. He's that good. We cant bank on no injuries to our squad while other teams have them.

That is the very definition of the term "arbitrary." We just blew the entire Premier League away. Now we can't win without Thiago?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #104: Aug 30, 2020 09:12:02 pm
      Sounds like we intent to play a friendly this weekend for those not on international duty.

Anyone have a list of who will be away for international duty?

EDIT: Found it myself.

England: Joe Gomez and Trent (Trent just now getting back tot raining and was not fit for Saturday - he shouldn't be going anywhere)

Scotland: Robbo

Holland: Virgil and Gini

Greece: Tsimikas

Wales: Neco, Harry Wilson

Serbia: Marko Grujic

England U21: Rhian
      Ireland U21: Kelleher

South American and African players will still be here, as will Curtis JOnes and Harvey Elliott.

So a friendly lineup could be
      GK:Alisson
      D: Hoever, Phillips, Koumetio, Milner
      M: Fabinho, Jones, Keita
      F: Salah, Firmino, Sadio

Subs: Adrian, Henderson, Minamino, Elliott, Kids, Kids, Kids.
      « Last Edit: Aug 30, 2020 09:22:32 pm by Robby The Z »
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #105: Sep 04, 2020 09:42:10 pm
      We have the best front 3 in the world

https://youtu.be/bqgWivU4aQ0
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #106: Sep 05, 2020 09:44:40 pm

Awesome, breathtaking beautiful football.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #107: Sep 05, 2020 10:00:41 pm
      Awesome, breathtaking beautiful football.

Watching that is almost like someone making your favorite meal, and then putting in front of you 10X more of it than you can eat.

Let's hope for another season of that.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #108: Sep 05, 2020 10:02:30 pm
      Deleted on the part of sleep-deprived author posing a stupid question. Cheers to rossyred for reminding me.

« Last Edit: Sep 05, 2020 10:20:45 pm by Robby The Z »
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #109: Sep 05, 2020 10:09:18 pm
      What are everyone's thoughts about Brewster and Grujic not being in the squad for today's friendly?

I suppose either or both could have a knock. I don't think they were in the training video from Thursday either, but it makes me wonder about them being loaned or sold.

Brewster with E21s
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #110: Sep 05, 2020 10:19:41 pm

OH heavens. Of course. Thanks.

Grujic is with Serbia as well. Sorry folks.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #111: Sep 06, 2020 02:27:02 pm
      OH heavens. Of course. Thanks.

Grujic is with Serbia as well. Sorry folks.

Stay off the giggle weed mate 😂
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #112: Sep 06, 2020 07:25:48 pm

Stay off the giggle weed mate 😂

If only. It's the "new job working overnights and can't get to sleep in the daytime" weed.   :)
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #113: Sep 16, 2020 02:50:43 pm
      It's a big squad at the moment. With the tight schedule between now and Jan. 1, Jürgen may keep it that way.

Pictured in training today:

Alisson Becker, Adrian, Loris Karius, Caoimin Kelleher

Trent Alexander-Arnold, Neco Williams, Kijana Hoever, Virgil Van Dijk, Joel Matip, Joe Gomez, Andy Robertson, Kostas Tsmikas, Nat Phillips, Sepp Van Den Berg

James Milner, Jordan Henderson, Gini Wijnaldum, Fabinho, Naby Keita, Curtis Jones, Marko Grujic

Mo Salah, Sadio Mane, Roberto Firmino, Divock Origi, Takumi Minamino, Xherdan Shaqiri, Rhian Brewster, Harry Wilson, Harvey Elliott, Taiwo Awoniyi (can't be registered as he has no work permit).

So that's at least 30 guys.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #114: Sep 16, 2020 08:44:57 pm
      If we can afford to buy, we need players to cope with the onslaught, that will  undoubtably happen.   They all think that we think were invceable because of the point dif last season,  what happend to City,  they like us could be 'found out', so I'm sure JK has a plan, but just hope the squad is up for this.

Quick Reply