Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Liverpool Squad for 2020-21 Season

Read 18455 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Liverpool Squad for 2020-21 Season
      Reply #115: Sep 17, 2020 09:27:03 am
      Am I the only one confident with the team. Next Sunday we will know more about our team but I would settle for a draw too. We will be there, do not worry.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #116: Sep 17, 2020 10:17:52 am
      Am I the only one confident with the team. Next Sunday we will know more about our team but I would settle for a draw too. We will be there, do not worry.

I'm with you. Confident of the kids too. The seniors won the league. And the kids look exciting to watch. Good mix of players.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #117: Sep 17, 2020 11:59:50 am
      I'm with you. Confident of the kids too. The seniors won the league. And the kids look exciting to watch. Good mix of players.

Excatly. We need to believe again in this winning team with the kids excited as hell for seconds.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #118: Sep 18, 2020 07:46:39 pm
      Arguably got the best goalkeeper, defender, midfielder and forward in the league now...
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #119: Sep 19, 2020 08:00:12 am
      Great to get a couple of signings in. I think that churn every summer is incredibly important to keep competition for places, keep players on their toes and to freshen up the squad. Thiago is a cracking bit of business, with Jones also coming through our midfield options look terrific now don't they? But the more i look at the Jota signing the more I like it. This feels like an astute signing. He's quite pacy, technical player, stocky build and puts himself about and versatile too. Makes a lot of sense to me. I'm hoping we don't sell Brewster (get the lad out on loan) and i'll be well and truly stoked with our window. I know CB is still a need but i wonder if Jürgen is looking at Fabinho as 4th choice now that Thiago has come in to bolster our midfield numbers? That's quite plausible.

Really chuffed with the shape of the squad.
      « Last Edit: Sep 19, 2020 08:05:52 am by Scottbot »
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 844 posts | 235 
      Reply #120: Sep 19, 2020 08:37:53 am
      O what a team we have.
      Firmino, Fabinho, Diago, Thiago, Hendo, Robbo, Mo, Sadio, Oxo :lmao: Minamino, Neco and not forgetting the two Joes, Matip  and Gomez.

O, the Premiership should be afraid.

Have I missed any out?
      « Last Edit: Sep 19, 2020 08:47:55 am by Fourbrick »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #121: Sep 19, 2020 09:12:23 am
      O what a team we have.
      Firmino, Fabinho, Diago, Thiago, Hendo, Robbo, Mo, Sadio, Oxo :lmao: Minamino, Neco and not forgetting the two Joes, Matip  and Gomez.

Have I missed any out?

Not apart from Alisson and Big Virg!!! ;-)
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 844 posts | 235 
      Reply #122: Sep 19, 2020 09:19:21 am
      Not apart from Alisson and Big Virg!!! ;-)

As Ronnie Barker once said "O's"
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #123: Sep 19, 2020 10:28:07 am
      O what a team we have.

Have I missed any out?

Yes you have mate, it’s all those who finished below us collectively screaming  ‘O’ F**k !

Y  N  W  A

Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 844 posts | 235 
      Reply #124: Sep 19, 2020 11:21:27 am

Yes you have mate, it’s all those who finished below us collectively screaming  ‘O’ F**k !

;D

Y  N  W  A

clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #125: Sep 19, 2020 07:49:15 pm
      Now we're settled for this new campaign.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #126: Sep 19, 2020 10:45:20 pm
      Now we're settled for this new campaign.

Just have to see about outgoings before Jürgen decides on the final 25. With the two additions, we're one over the non homegrown limit so I'm guessing at least one of Grujic, Shaqiri or Origi will have to depart.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #127: Sep 20, 2020 09:54:24 am
      Just have to see about outgoings before Jürgen decides on the final 25. With the two additions, we're one over the non homegrown limit so I'm guessing at least one of Grujic, Shaqiri or Origi will have to depart.

I honestly think that Grujic will be offloaded because we are over the number of midfielders. We have Jordan, Fab, Gini, AOC, Keita, Milner, Jones so we're covered there.

I would keep Shaqiri and Brewster (it won't happen with the youngster) and sell Origi but it will be the other way round.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #128: Sep 20, 2020 11:38:29 am
      Rumours on twitter that the ox maybe heading to wolves 😮
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #129: Sep 20, 2020 04:26:53 pm
      Rumours on twitter that the ox maybe heading to wolves 😮

Pearce rubbishes this one today.

I notice also that Klopp, in talking about the center back situation, mentions Koumetio in context of making the bench if he hadn't had a knock as well. Sounds he's set in the first team squad at just 17/18.

Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #130: Sep 23, 2020 10:46:43 am
      When we didn't sign WErner i think most of us assumed there wasn't the money in the bank and the club were waiting to see how Covid would continue to affect things long-term but obviously we then went and signed Jota for pretty much the same money. I like the Jota signing I really do but i have been scratching my head wondering why we didn't just go after Werner given he was/is (maybe he wasn't!) a Klopp favourite. Now he might have looked at Chelsea and figured he would get more minutes there but i get the impression we didn't go for him. Just seems weird to me, i think he's made a good start for them and whilst i like the Jota signing i would have much preferred Werner.

Either way i'm happy with the squad though.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #131: Sep 23, 2020 10:50:10 am
      When we didn't sign WErner i think most of us assumed there wasn't the money in the bank and the club were waiting to see how Covid would continue to affect things long-term but obviously we then went and signed Jota for pretty much the same money. I like the Jota signing I really do but i have been scratching my head wondering why we didn't just go after Werner given he was/is (maybe he wasn't!) a Klopp favourite. Now he might have looked at Chelsea and figured he would get more minutes there but i get the impression we didn't go for him. Just seems weird to me, i think he's made a good start for them and whilst i like the Jota signing i would have much preferred Werner.

I'm not so sure about Werner, I was really not that impressed with him against us, he's a fast little bugger, but that seems to be about it, well apart from having learnt the art of diving or at least going down with minimal contact. I was so pissed off when we missed out on him but I'm now slightly unsure how firm our interest was.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #132: Sep 23, 2020 11:01:14 am
      I'm not so sure about Werner, I was really not that impressed with him against us, he's a fast little bugger, but that seems to be about it, well apart from having learnt the art of diving or at least going down with minimal contact. I was so pissed off when we missed out on him but I'm now slightly unsure how firm our interest was.

I really like him, dangerous player, ridiculously quick and poses a goal threat. Hasn't scored yet but has won them 2 penno's. Would have been a very good understudy for all three of our front positions. Having said that, i think Jota will do well as well but I would have been happier with Timo.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #133: Sep 23, 2020 03:38:37 pm

Get what you’re saying mate but while the fees are similar on the surface there is a considerable difference to how the deals would have been structured. From what we know Leipzig were looking for the money up front as would have been required in a release clause situation whereas with Jota we have staggered payments. Around £5m up front while we received around £9/10m up front for Hoever. This would have had a huge influence given the economic situation, helping with cash flow etc.

Moreover I imagine there’s a huge difference in the wages. Werner may well have been first choice and I would also have preferred him over Jota initially but certainly the deals are not comparable. As it is we have Jota and I’ve every faith he’ll prove to be yet another fantastic signing.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #134: Sep 23, 2020 05:23:24 pm
      Get what you’re saying mate but while the fees are similar on the surface there is a considerable difference to how the deals would have been structured. From what we know Leipzig were looking for the money up front as would have been required in a release clause situation whereas with Jota we have staggered payments. Around £5m up front while we received around £9/10m up front for Hoever. This would have had a huge influence given the economic situation, helping with cash flow etc.

Moreover I imagine there’s a huge difference in the wages. Werner may well have been first choice and I would also have preferred him over Jota initially but certainly the deals are not comparable. As it is we have Jota and I’ve every faith he’ll prove to be yet another fantastic signing.

All valid points mate and you are probably right. I do like Werner though, I knwo Fab got the better of him but he was ploughing a lone furrough with Chelsea's chicken sh*t bus parking at the weekend. I f we had him i'd be a lot less worried about losing one of our front 3 for an extended period of time. Let's see how Jota does, he's a good player with potential to get better, i daresay we will see him tomorrow night in the league cup

Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #135: Oct 03, 2020 03:18:06 pm
      We could use another centre-half couldn't we? I wonder if Brewster going out might have given Klopp the go ahead to get another CB in? Evidently we were interested in Ben White in the summer and Neverton have just signed the young lad Godfrey from Norwich. I think a youngish CB on the rise would be a good purchase if we can get it done.

We've got Gomez (fair share of injuries), Matip (always bloody injured) and VVD (thank fook he doesn't get injured) and Fab as our options. The lads will be playing two games a week the moment the Champ League kicks in so it's risky not to get one. Even if they went for a Klavan type signing i'd be happy with that. None of the kids are ready to step up.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #136: Oct 03, 2020 03:42:38 pm
      Although Rhys Williams didn’t look out of place v the Arse Monday night did he.
      Don’t think he’s a million miles away. My motm actually.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #137: Oct 03, 2020 04:24:42 pm
      Although Rhys Williams didn’t look out of place v the Arse Monday night did he.
      Don’t think he’s a million miles away. My motm actually.

I think you meant Thursday dude? The young-ins look alright from time to time in the League Cup but week in week out in the Prem is a different matter. Particularly at centre-half, you don't see many breaking through at 18-19. 

Quick Reply