Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Peter Moore to Step Down as CEO

Read 3370 times
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Peter Moore to Step Down as CEO
      Jul 31, 2020 09:16:01 am
      Peter Moore standing down to be replaced by Billy Hogan, who is being promoted from within the club (never heard of him). Thought Peter was alright as far as CEOs go. The furlough fiasco the other month might be a bit of a stain on his legacy but apart from that I think he did a decent job on the whole. Certainly done better than the previous clown. Best of luck to him in the future

Peter Moore will step down as Liverpool FC's chief executive officer at the end of August, following a successful three-year contract overseeing the club's off-pitch business operations.

Moore left the UK permanently in 1981 for the United States and enjoyed a successful career at Sega, Reebok, Microsoft and EA. He returned to the UK in 2017 to take up a three-season post as Liverpool’s CEO and during his tenure he has played an important role in the club’s commercial, community and civic responsibilities.

On behalf of Fenway Sports Group, principal owner John W. Henry, chairman Tom Werner and president Mike Gordon said: “We would like to place on record our gratitude to Peter for his contribution and moving the club forward over the past three seasons. He has strengthened the club’s business operations through his leadership and we are grateful to him for his passion, dedication and support. We wish him, his wife Debbie and their families every success for the future as they return to the US and hope they will come back to visit us to take in a few games at Anfield.”

Moore said: “I’ve loved every minute of the job here in Liverpool and feel privileged to have moved the club forward on its civic, commercial and community operations during the last three years. It’s been an incredible journey and I’d like to pay tribute to John, Tom and Mike for giving me the opportunity to lead the business operations at Liverpool.

“I’ve had the great pleasure of working with an exceptionally talented senior leadership team; a group of committed colleagues who work tirelessly for the club; former players; business, community and civic partners and sponsors; incredible supporters around the world and so many other people I’ve met through my role as CEO. I’m indebted to so many people I’ve met on this fantastic journey at Liverpool.

“To think we have won the UEFA Champions League, FIFA Club World Cup and now the Premier League title during my time here is way beyond my dreams. It’s been a phenomenal achievement by the manager, players and staff. The team fully deserves the plaudits and recognition – and the memories I will cherish forever.”

He added: “I came back to Liverpool in 2017 having been in the US for over 30 years and it’s been such a special experience. My wife and I married here two years ago and we go back to the US to our families with mixed emotions. Excited and looking forward to being reunited with our families and grown-up children in the US, emotional about leaving Liverpool which we’ve loved every minute of the opportunity to make a difference and leave our mark in the history of this great city and club.”

Billy Hogan, currently managing director and chief commercial officer, will assume the role of chief executive officer from September 1. Billy is a strong leader with more than 16 years’ institutional knowledge and experience in football and sports industries.

“On behalf of all our staff, partners and other stakeholders, I’d like to place on record our thanks to Peter for his leadership during the past three seasons and wish him well on his return to the US with his wife Debbie,” said Hogan.

“Having been privileged to work at this club for over eight years, it is truly an honour to take up the role of chief executive officer and continue with the great work that has been done to date across the entire organisation. I thank John, Tom and Mike for this opportunity to lead the business into the next phase of this exciting chapter.”

Billy will continue to operate from the club’s London and Liverpool offices, and will be supported by a strong, experienced leadership team.[/i]

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/404139-peter-moore-to-step-down-liverpool-ceo-billy-hogan
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Re: Peter Moore to Step Down as CEO
      Reply #1: Jul 31, 2020 11:15:57 am
      Well, everyone at the club has been pulling in the same direction for a good while now so you've got to give him credit for that and hopefully Billy 'hulk' Hogan can continue that.

Keep signing the cheques eh.

Laughing at that name when I saw it, just thinking about some of the shouts that will be flying about once he makes his first cock-up
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #2: Jul 31, 2020 12:33:38 pm
      Lesser known Hogan than Ben and Hulk. But Billy's background includes being our chief commercial officer and selling sponsorships.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/billy-hogan-8705775
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #3: Jul 31, 2020 01:23:08 pm
      Good luck and thanks!
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #4: Jul 31, 2020 01:43:23 pm
      Always came across well and a fan at heart hope Hogan can continue the good work
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #5: Jul 31, 2020 05:53:00 pm
      Peter Moore standing down to be replaced by Billy Hogan, who is being promoted from within the club (never heard of him). Thought Peter was alright as far as CEOs go. The furlough fiasco the other month might be a bit of a stain on his legacy but apart from that I think he did a decent job on the whole. Certainly done better than the previous clown. Best of luck to him in the future

Peter Moore will step down as Liverpool FC's chief executive officer at the end of August, following a successful three-year contract overseeing the club's off-pitch business operations.

Moore left the UK permanently in 1981 for the United States and enjoyed a successful career at Sega, Reebok, Microsoft and EA. He returned to the UK in 2017 to take up a three-season post as Liverpool’s CEO and during his tenure he has played an important role in the club’s commercial, community and civic responsibilities.

On behalf of Fenway Sports Group, principal owner John W. Henry, chairman Tom Werner and president Mike Gordon said: “We would like to place on record our gratitude to Peter for his contribution and moving the club forward over the past three seasons. He has strengthened the club’s business operations through his leadership and we are grateful to him for his passion, dedication and support. We wish him, his wife Debbie and their families every success for the future as they return to the US and hope they will come back to visit us to take in a few games at Anfield.”

Moore said: “I’ve loved every minute of the job here in Liverpool and feel privileged to have moved the club forward on its civic, commercial and community operations during the last three years. It’s been an incredible journey and I’d like to pay tribute to John, Tom and Mike for giving me the opportunity to lead the business operations at Liverpool.

“I’ve had the great pleasure of working with an exceptionally talented senior leadership team; a group of committed colleagues who work tirelessly for the club; former players; business, community and civic partners and sponsors; incredible supporters around the world and so many other people I’ve met through my role as CEO. I’m indebted to so many people I’ve met on this fantastic journey at Liverpool.

“To think we have won the UEFA Champions League, FIFA Club World Cup and now the Premier League title during my time here is way beyond my dreams. It’s been a phenomenal achievement by the manager, players and staff. The team fully deserves the plaudits and recognition – and the memories I will cherish forever.”

He added: “I came back to Liverpool in 2017 having been in the US for over 30 years and it’s been such a special experience. My wife and I married here two years ago and we go back to the US to our families with mixed emotions. Excited and looking forward to being reunited with our families and grown-up children in the US, emotional about leaving Liverpool which we’ve loved every minute of the opportunity to make a difference and leave our mark in the history of this great city and club.”

Billy Hogan, currently managing director and chief commercial officer, will assume the role of chief executive officer from September 1. Billy is a strong leader with more than 16 years’ institutional knowledge and experience in football and sports industries.

“On behalf of all our staff, partners and other stakeholders, I’d like to place on record our thanks to Peter for his leadership during the past three seasons and wish him well on his return to the US with his wife Debbie,” said Hogan.

“Having been privileged to work at this club for over eight years, it is truly an honour to take up the role of chief executive officer and continue with the great work that has been done to date across the entire organisation. I thank John, Tom and Mike for this opportunity to lead the business into the next phase of this exciting chapter.”

Billy will continue to operate from the club’s London and Liverpool offices, and will be supported by a strong, experienced leadership team.[/i]

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/404139-peter-moore-to-step-down-liverpool-ceo-billy-hogan

Lives in London and works in our London office, couldn't hack living up here!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6: Jul 31, 2020 05:58:08 pm

:laugh:

or maybe it's just that potential sponsors, etc have their head offices in London ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #7: Jul 31, 2020 06:00:51 pm
      :laugh:

or maybe it's just that potential sponsors, etc have their head offices in London ;)

Just have to make sure he showers whenever he comes up and doesn't stink of rats piss.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #8: Aug 01, 2020 10:52:32 am
      Hogan's first answer to a question:

"Well you know something brother"
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #9: Aug 01, 2020 10:57:05 am

The opposite of Ian Ayre then, he used to love it here - Bombing it down the Dock Road in his Harley & going to Heebie Jeebies every weekend 😂
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #10: Aug 01, 2020 01:21:07 pm
      FSG recruit former Man United executive for key Liverpool role

Liverpool have appointed former Manchester United executive Matt Scammell as the club's new commercial director.

Scammell arrives at Anfield having spent nine years at Old Trafford where he built up a wealth of experience across sales and business development, holding senior roles in technology, digital, communications and sporting sectors.

Having left his post as United's Head of Global sponsorship sales earlier this year, Scammell's new role will see him focus on growing partnership opportunities for the Reds, as well as being part of the club’s executive team under FSG.

It is expected he will report directly to managing director and chief commercial officer Billy Hogan, who it was announced yesterday will replace Peter Moore as chief executive with the Garston-born 65-year-old set to leave the club at the end of his contract to return to America.

Speaking about his new role, Scammell said: "I’m delighted to be joining Liverpool at what is a really important time for the teams both on and off the pitch.

"I’m looking forward to using my experience across sport and technology to enhance the great work already being done at the club."

Welcoming him to Anfield, Billy Hogan said: "We’re very pleased to welcome Matt to the club, his vast experience and expertise will undoubtedly continue to drive our commercial partnerships business in the right direction – I look forward to working closely with him."

Scammell's arrival is the latest addition in a reshuffle at the top of the club following an unprecedented period of commercial and on-field success.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fsg-matt-scammell-news-18700217

:f_doh: Hope he's good at his job.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #11: Aug 02, 2020 12:26:37 pm
      The opposite of Ian Ayre then, he used to love it here - Bombing it down the Dock Road in his Harley & going to Heebie Jeebies every weekend 😂

Don't forget sh*t sexual jokes too.

Like referencing '69' as a number a player should have on the back of their shirt!
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #12: Aug 02, 2020 02:53:06 pm

Like referencing '69' as a number a player should have on the back of their shirt!

Joe Allen weren't it haha. Surprised he didn't get straight in his car and drive back to Swansea after that!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #13: Aug 02, 2020 03:22:40 pm

What’s a ‘69’ ?

Is it a ice cream with 30% off ? 🤪

Y  N  W  A
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #14: Aug 02, 2020 05:33:07 pm

What’s a ‘69’ ?

Is it a ice cream with 30% off ? 🤪

Y  N  W  A

No Sprinkles!! ;)

Quick Reply