Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Jamal Lewis - Norwich City

Read 9374 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,465 posts | 4815 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Jamal Lewis - Norwich City
      Aug 04, 2020 10:24:30 pm
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Re: Jamal Lewis - Norwich City
      Reply #1: Aug 04, 2020 10:45:36 pm

Arguably the biggest miss in our team when not available. Not saying he's our best player or anything just that his absence impacts the rhythm and balance of the team so badly.

I dont know if this kid is good enough........but plenty on here said that about our no.26 3yrs ago......
      deneb
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #2: Aug 04, 2020 10:57:01 pm
      I'd definitely be happy with this. No guarantees with any player, but I'll feel better knowing we have some cover for Robbo.

Recruiting for that role is probably a hard sell, but if he wants to come and we can get him fir £10m, that's good business.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3: Aug 05, 2020 12:04:49 am
      I'd definitely be happy with this. No guarantees with any player, but I'll feel better knowing we have some cover for Robbo.

Recruiting for that role is probably a hard sell, but if he wants to come and we can get him fir £10m, that's good business.

He's LB and/or CB isn't he or was that some other player?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,333 posts | 3360 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #4: Aug 05, 2020 12:23:28 am

Mainly a lb but has played further forward
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,577 posts | 6638 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #5: Aug 05, 2020 01:15:41 am
      10 mill...that's more then Andy cost!!
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,756 posts | 238 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #6: Aug 05, 2020 01:23:59 am
      Never impressed whenever the few times I saw him play but for 10m worth a punt.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,084 posts | 1046 
      Reply #7: Aug 05, 2020 02:28:33 am

I only remember seeing him play as a FB. At 5'10 I doubt he played CB. Then again Gini did once for us. So.....

Decent player from what I've seen this year
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,036 posts | 6285 
      Reply #8: Aug 05, 2020 02:52:25 am
      10 mill...that's more then Andy cost!!

Right?!

Crazy to think we’d have to spend more for his backup.

It’s a position of need so can see the one having legs, especially with Larouci going the other way?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #9: Aug 05, 2020 09:45:52 am
      I would prefer Lloyd Kelly, but there is definitely a player in Lewis he has speed and a decent cross.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #10: Aug 05, 2020 09:55:30 am
      I would prefer Lloyd Kelly, but there is definitely a player in Lewis he has speed and a decent cross.

Ah yes, it's Lloyd Kelly I was thinking of as LB and CB, surely he would make more sense, cover for two positions by one player, he can't be that expensive can he?
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #11: Aug 05, 2020 10:03:41 am
      This would be pretty astute if we get it done. Providing Lewis is interested in being a squad player - he'll know he can't displace Robbo anytime soon - then it's a good move. We'd do well to pull the trigger on it asap and not wait till Chilwell moves (if he does) and theres more interest in Lewis.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #12: Aug 05, 2020 10:04:55 am
      Ah yes, it's Lloyd Kelly I was thinking of as LB and CB, surely he would make more sense, cover for two positions by one player, he can't be that expensive can he?

I can't see Bournemouth letting him go this Summer with Ake heading to City.

Probably the reason we are looking at Lewis now.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,011 posts | 2735 
      Reply #13: Aug 05, 2020 10:48:32 am
      Got potential this kid but still very raw - lot of sloppy defensive work when I've seen him play but definitely some ability for Klopp and co to work with

Always going to be a tricky position to get cover for as anyone who comes in knows they won't be playing unless Robbo's got an injury.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #14: Aug 05, 2020 11:17:50 am
      Paul Joyce on the scene now saying player needs to understand he'll be playing second fiddle to Andy. Think no matter what left back in the world we signed they would need to understand this haha.

Big fan of bringing in proper cover for robertson though, Definitely should be priority this window along with another attacker as cover.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,528 posts | 6887 
      Reply #15: Aug 05, 2020 11:30:29 am
      Looks a bit lightweight compared to Robbo but I'd imagine he would improve with us.

Don't know a huge amount about him but after signing Robbo I would have no problems picking up a player from a relegated team if they can see something in him.

Would he come to be back up though?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,631 posts | 2646 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16: Aug 05, 2020 11:37:23 am
      Looks a bit lightweight compared to Robbo but I'd imagine he would improve with us.

Don't know a huge amount about him but after signing Robbo I would have no problems picking up a player from a relegated team if they can see something in him.

The signing could very spell another Robertson special when you look at the price tag ( basically nothing ) The Best Buy of 2017 and Hull must of been sick to their stomachs of how well he's come on.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #17: Aug 05, 2020 11:37:35 am

Depends if he backs himself to ultimately challenge Robbo for the starting spot, plus we have to start rotating more than we currently do, it's a miracle we didn't have more injuries than we had last season.
      deneb
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #18: Aug 05, 2020 12:00:22 pm

It makes more sense in terms of the numbers, but covering CB suggests he's more defensive minded whereas an attacking LB makes more sense with our style perhaps?

I'm not sure there's too many players better choice than Lewis ot Kelly in terms of age, availability, price, experience of the premiership.

If it were me there's no competition in a choice of a season in the Championship, or playing under Klopp to genuinely challenge for the biggest trophies.

But then not everyone is the same.

Even if this transfer doesn't excite people, it does make a hell of a lot of sense and there shouldn't be anything to complain about.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #19: Aug 05, 2020 12:01:16 pm
      Not too clued up about him but from what I've read he seems to have a lot of the foundations that will help him fit into our way of playing. Doesn't have to be a world beater or even the finished article yet but as long as he can step into the team when needed without us having to amend our system or tactical approach then I'll be happy.

Milner is a superb player and a good "left back" but the side seems to lose a bit of rhythm when he's brought in to replace Robbo
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #20: Aug 05, 2020 01:43:20 pm
      never heard of him...so maybe he will be the biggest name we get :f_wah:
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #21: Aug 05, 2020 04:26:33 pm

Compared to playing in the Championship, probably. I wonder if he can play in midfield or forward at all.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #22: Aug 05, 2020 04:35:46 pm
      If he is half decent I would imagine him having more game time than a lot of you think on here.

Against most teams we have most of the possession therefore his defensive abilities won’t be tested as much and as others have said he can fit into the team naturally left footed and won’t disrupt our balance or rhythm.

Will be good just to see that we are active in the transfer window as others seem to be.

Quick Reply