Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Kostas Tsimikas (Olympiakos)

Read 10896 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Kostas Tsimikas (Olympiakos)
      Aug 09, 2020 02:37:33 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Kostas Tsimikas (Olympiakos)
      Reply #2: Aug 09, 2020 02:43:17 pm
      Remember we're run by minges
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3: Aug 09, 2020 02:46:15 pm

Hedge funders and how did they get rich in the first place?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #4: Aug 09, 2020 02:53:58 pm
      Moan about not signing players and moan when we do, F***ing typical
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #5: Aug 09, 2020 03:00:45 pm
      Moan about not signing players and moan when we do, F***ing typical

So we only have a decent transfer strategy whenever we sell a big player?
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #6: Aug 09, 2020 03:03:54 pm
      Moan about not signing players and moan when we do, f**king typical
      Who do people want to back up Robertson like Marcelo?

He’ll probably play 7 games max.

Just happy we now have cover in a position we didn’t have cover in last season.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #7: Aug 09, 2020 03:05:54 pm
      Who do people want to back up Robertson like Marcelo?

He’ll probably play 7 games max.

Just happy we now have cover in a position we didn’t have cover in last season.

No one wants Marcelo you divvy.

We do realise it's a position we're lacking back up for though if that helps la!!
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #8: Aug 09, 2020 03:08:23 pm
      No one wants Marcelo you divvy.

We do realise it's a position we're lacking back up for though if that helps la!!
      Then what’s the problem
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #9: Aug 09, 2020 03:12:29 pm
      Addressing an area of need, if Klopp likes the kid that works for me. Admittedly never seen him play.

We don’t need to buy someone that’s better than Robbo (good luck with that), we just need to buy someone that can develop to be as good as Robbo one day.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #10: Aug 09, 2020 03:12:47 pm

We bought a very under rated Andy Robertson for £8m from Hull, he has become imo, one if not the best attacking LB’s this side of Ursula minor, I think it’s safe to assume that our scouting department is in pretty good shape, ......it’s NOT about how expensive or inexpensive a player is or isn’t, it’s whether said player (a) will fit a Klopp system, (b) is a good replacement without too much disruption, and (c) and perhaps more important Jürgen likes what he sees and likes the players capabilities,

It’s f***in simple, if Jürgen likes the boy, then that’s good enough for me, you don’t question the best manager on the planet or his decisions after he has brought about a League Title, A  6th  Champions league trophy and the two other tin cups we acquired inside 5 years of his tenure.

Y  N  W  A
      Kopite78
      Reply #11: Aug 09, 2020 03:13:18 pm

Nothing in bringing a back up left back

We have though pulled out of other players we had lined up because we now apparently can't afford - Champions of england, champions of europe and champions of the world, but apparently cant spend anything of note unless we sell. That's not great in my opinion
      Hopefully we can find back ups for those positions too for next to nothing as well

We bought a very under rated Andy Robertson for £8m from Hull, he has become imo, one if not the best attacking LB’s this side of Ursula minor, I think it’s safe to assume that our scouting department is in pretty good shape, ......it’s NOT about how expensive or inexpensive a player is or isn’t, it’s whether said player (a) will fit a Klopp system, (b) is a good replacement without too much disruption, and (c) and perhaps more important Jürgen likes what he sees and likes the players capabilities,

It’s F**kin simple, if Jürgen likes the boy, then that’s good enough for me, you don’t question the best manager on the planet or his decisions after he has brought about a League Title, A  6th  Champions league trophy and the two other tin cups we acquired inside 5 years of his tenure.

Y  N  W  A

Yeah.. he really liked Werner too but he was too expensive

So hes only allowed to like bargains he can work miracles on it seems
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #12: Aug 09, 2020 03:23:26 pm

We have though pulled out of other players we had lined up because we now apparently can't afford - Champions of england, champions of europe and champions of the world, but apparently cant spend anything of note unless we sell. That's not great in my opinion
      Hopefully we can find back ups for those positions too for next to nothing as well

Werner isn’t a LB
      Kopite78
      Reply #13: Aug 09, 2020 03:25:05 pm

He was a target though no?

That the manager wanted

That we wouldnt pay for
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #14: Aug 09, 2020 03:29:55 pm

Whatever about Werner I agree with you on that but it’s not as if Lewis is some sort of world beater, 20 million Norwich were asking for ? Is he really worth that to sit on the bench and give Robertson a rest in the cups ?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #15: Aug 09, 2020 03:40:42 pm
      Whatever about Werner I agree with you on that but it’s not as if Lewis is some sort of world beater, 20 million Norwich were asking for ? Is he really worth that to sit on the bench and give Robertson a rest in the cups ?

This nail on head, Jamal Lewis is probably no better than this Greek lad so why pay double for the same quality, that would be fecking stupid.!!

Also those winging about this, what if being able to get this lad for £10m as opposed to £20m for Lewis gives us the extra cash needed to keep Keita AND get Alcantara?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #16: Aug 09, 2020 03:42:35 pm
      He was a target though no?

That the manager wanted

That we wouldnt pay for

Find me the post where Klopp said he wanted Werner, as far as I know the supposed interest  was all from the media, it seems to me that if Klopp really did want him he would have got him, our owners would not have stood in his way, COVID or not,

As good as Timo is, there was no guarantee he’d would have slotted in without having to change stuff around up top, and therefore perhaps changed the dynamic of how we play, do you honestly believe that JW & Co let Jürgen know he couldn’t get his man cos we’re skint  ?

I’m of the opinion that Jürgen would rather promote from within rather than spend millions when spending millions isn’t necessary, it could well be he is looking at how Brewster fares, and then make decisions necessary, is it possible that the three amigos we have currently have another one or two seasons in them before wielding the axe, I think we should just let’s see what happens, trust in Jürgen , he seems to know what he’s doing ?

Y  N  W  A
      Kopite78
      Reply #17: Aug 09, 2020 03:45:39 pm

Find me the post where Klopp said he wanted Werner, as far as I know the supposed interest  was all from the media, it seems to me that if Klopp really did want him he would have got him, our owners would not have stood in his way, COVID or not,

As good as Timo is, there was no guarantee he’d would have slotted in without having to change stuff around up top, and therefore perhaps changed the dynamic of how we play, do you honestly believe that JW & Co let Jürgen know he couldn’t get his man cos we’re skint  ?

I’m of the opinion that Jürgen would rather promote from within rather than spend millions when spending millions isn’t necessary, it could well be he is looking at how Brewster fares, and then make decisions necessary, is it possible that the three amigos we have currently have another one or two seasons in them before wielding the axe, I think we should just let’s see what happens, trust in Jürgen , he seems to know what he’s doing ?

Y  N  W  A

Nonsense

Absolutely clear he wanted him. Try to convince yourself he didn't want him if you like if it makes you feel better
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #18: Aug 09, 2020 03:46:31 pm
      Nonsense

Absolutely clear he wanted him. Try to convince yourself he didn't want him if you like if it makes you fell better

clear in what way, where is the evidence? Did Klopp publicly say he had him as top target?
      Kopite78
      Reply #19: Aug 09, 2020 03:52:31 pm
      clear in what way, where is the evidence? Did Klopp publicly say he had him as top target?

Dear god. Of course he will say it publically wont he and risk getting done for tapping up

But the way Werner went on publically flirting, the stories that Jürgen had spoken to him privately

Absolutely abundantly clear he wanted him

We have spent next to F**k all net since they have been here. What is it? About 70m under Jürgen?

Its great on one hand, it shows simply how good Jürgen is but really, try to convince yourself Jürgen didn't want Werner if you like
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 760 posts | 38 
      Reply #20: Aug 09, 2020 03:52:41 pm
      F**k me, there’s some negative people on here. Just won the league etc. If you can’t trust Klopp and his team NOW you never bloody will. They’ve identified the choice of two back up LB’S, and look’s like they’re getting there man. Where did we get Robertson from and for how much?.I like many was a bit uninspired by it, but it’s probably the signing that made me trust Edwards the most. Right behind them I am.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #21: Aug 09, 2020 03:54:16 pm
      Simple fact is with Werner before the pandemic shutdown it is very likely he would have signed but because of the on going pandemic and the ongoing financial issues then we offered less for a player than Leipzig valued him at so Chelsea offered him more money and his club an acceptable fee. Like it or not the pandemic has affected us and many other clubs  spurs taking out loans, arsenal laying off staff and Barcelona ruling out big signing.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #22: Aug 09, 2020 03:56:49 pm
      Dear god. Of course he will say it publically wont he and risk getting done for tapping up

But the way Werner went on publically flirting, the stories that Jürgen had spoken to him privately

Absolutely abundantly clear he wanted him

We have spent next to f**k all net since they have been here. What is it? About 70m under Jürgen?

Its great on one hand, it shows simply how good Jürgen is but really, try to convince yourself Jürgen didn't want Werner if you like

Oh for heavens sake have you never heard of agents and how they use one big club to get a better transfer price and wages for their client and the selling club. I think Werner was mostly paper talk, its certainly not "Absolutely abundantly clear" Klopp wanted him.  I imagine its possible Klopp would have liked him for a good price but when Chelsea came in and offered silly wages then it was a Nein Danke from Jürgen.

Quick Reply