Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Kostas Tsimikas (Olympiakos)

Read 11164 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,348 posts | 2818 
      Kostas Tsimikas (Olympiakos)
      Aug 09, 2020 02:37:33 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8549 
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,220 posts | 917 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Kostas Tsimikas (Olympiakos)
      Reply #2: Aug 09, 2020 02:43:17 pm
      Remember we're run by minges
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8549 
      Reply #3: Aug 09, 2020 02:46:15 pm

Hedge funders and how did they get rich in the first place?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,409 posts | 3406 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #4: Aug 09, 2020 02:53:58 pm
      Moan about not signing players and moan when we do, F***ing typical
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8549 
      Reply #5: Aug 09, 2020 03:00:45 pm
      Moan about not signing players and moan when we do, F***ing typical

So we only have a decent transfer strategy whenever we sell a big player?
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #6: Aug 09, 2020 03:03:54 pm
      Moan about not signing players and moan when we do, f**king typical
      Who do people want to back up Robertson like Marcelo?

He’ll probably play 7 games max.

Just happy we now have cover in a position we didn’t have cover in last season.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8549 
      Reply #7: Aug 09, 2020 03:05:54 pm
      Who do people want to back up Robertson like Marcelo?

He’ll probably play 7 games max.

Just happy we now have cover in a position we didn’t have cover in last season.

No one wants Marcelo you divvy.

We do realise it's a position we're lacking back up for though if that helps la!!
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #8: Aug 09, 2020 03:08:23 pm
      No one wants Marcelo you divvy.

We do realise it's a position we're lacking back up for though if that helps la!!
      Then what’s the problem
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #9: Aug 09, 2020 03:12:29 pm
      Addressing an area of need, if Klopp likes the kid that works for me. Admittedly never seen him play.

We don’t need to buy someone that’s better than Robbo (good luck with that), we just need to buy someone that can develop to be as good as Robbo one day.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #10: Aug 09, 2020 03:12:47 pm

We bought a very under rated Andy Robertson for £8m from Hull, he has become imo, one if not the best attacking LB’s this side of Ursula minor, I think it’s safe to assume that our scouting department is in pretty good shape, ......it’s NOT about how expensive or inexpensive a player is or isn’t, it’s whether said player (a) will fit a Klopp system, (b) is a good replacement without too much disruption, and (c) and perhaps more important Jürgen likes what he sees and likes the players capabilities,

It’s f***in simple, if Jürgen likes the boy, then that’s good enough for me, you don’t question the best manager on the planet or his decisions after he has brought about a League Title, A  6th  Champions league trophy and the two other tin cups we acquired inside 5 years of his tenure.

Y  N  W  A
      Kopite78
      Reply #11: Aug 09, 2020 03:13:18 pm

Nothing in bringing a back up left back

We have though pulled out of other players we had lined up because we now apparently can't afford - Champions of england, champions of europe and champions of the world, but apparently cant spend anything of note unless we sell. That's not great in my opinion
      Hopefully we can find back ups for those positions too for next to nothing as well

We bought a very under rated Andy Robertson for £8m from Hull, he has become imo, one if not the best attacking LB’s this side of Ursula minor, I think it’s safe to assume that our scouting department is in pretty good shape, ......it’s NOT about how expensive or inexpensive a player is or isn’t, it’s whether said player (a) will fit a Klopp system, (b) is a good replacement without too much disruption, and (c) and perhaps more important Jürgen likes what he sees and likes the players capabilities,

It’s F**kin simple, if Jürgen likes the boy, then that’s good enough for me, you don’t question the best manager on the planet or his decisions after he has brought about a League Title, A  6th  Champions league trophy and the two other tin cups we acquired inside 5 years of his tenure.

Y  N  W  A

Yeah.. he really liked Werner too but he was too expensive

So hes only allowed to like bargains he can work miracles on it seems
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      Reply #12: Aug 09, 2020 03:23:26 pm

We have though pulled out of other players we had lined up because we now apparently can't afford - Champions of england, champions of europe and champions of the world, but apparently cant spend anything of note unless we sell. That's not great in my opinion
      Hopefully we can find back ups for those positions too for next to nothing as well

Werner isn’t a LB
      Kopite78
      Reply #13: Aug 09, 2020 03:25:05 pm

He was a target though no?

That the manager wanted

That we wouldnt pay for
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #14: Aug 09, 2020 03:29:55 pm

Whatever about Werner I agree with you on that but it’s not as if Lewis is some sort of world beater, 20 million Norwich were asking for ? Is he really worth that to sit on the bench and give Robertson a rest in the cups ?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #15: Aug 09, 2020 03:40:42 pm
      Whatever about Werner I agree with you on that but it’s not as if Lewis is some sort of world beater, 20 million Norwich were asking for ? Is he really worth that to sit on the bench and give Robertson a rest in the cups ?

This nail on head, Jamal Lewis is probably no better than this Greek lad so why pay double for the same quality, that would be fecking stupid.!!

Also those winging about this, what if being able to get this lad for £10m as opposed to £20m for Lewis gives us the extra cash needed to keep Keita AND get Alcantara?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      Reply #16: Aug 09, 2020 03:42:35 pm
      He was a target though no?

That the manager wanted

That we wouldnt pay for

Find me the post where Klopp said he wanted Werner, as far as I know the supposed interest  was all from the media, it seems to me that if Klopp really did want him he would have got him, our owners would not have stood in his way, COVID or not,

As good as Timo is, there was no guarantee he’d would have slotted in without having to change stuff around up top, and therefore perhaps changed the dynamic of how we play, do you honestly believe that JW & Co let Jürgen know he couldn’t get his man cos we’re skint  ?

I’m of the opinion that Jürgen would rather promote from within rather than spend millions when spending millions isn’t necessary, it could well be he is looking at how Brewster fares, and then make decisions necessary, is it possible that the three amigos we have currently have another one or two seasons in them before wielding the axe, I think we should just let’s see what happens, trust in Jürgen , he seems to know what he’s doing ?

Y  N  W  A
      Kopite78
      Reply #17: Aug 09, 2020 03:45:39 pm

Find me the post where Klopp said he wanted Werner, as far as I know the supposed interest  was all from the media, it seems to me that if Klopp really did want him he would have got him, our owners would not have stood in his way, COVID or not,

As good as Timo is, there was no guarantee he’d would have slotted in without having to change stuff around up top, and therefore perhaps changed the dynamic of how we play, do you honestly believe that JW & Co let Jürgen know he couldn’t get his man cos we’re skint  ?

I’m of the opinion that Jürgen would rather promote from within rather than spend millions when spending millions isn’t necessary, it could well be he is looking at how Brewster fares, and then make decisions necessary, is it possible that the three amigos we have currently have another one or two seasons in them before wielding the axe, I think we should just let’s see what happens, trust in Jürgen , he seems to know what he’s doing ?

Y  N  W  A

Nonsense

Absolutely clear he wanted him. Try to convince yourself he didn't want him if you like if it makes you feel better
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #18: Aug 09, 2020 03:46:31 pm
      Nonsense

Absolutely clear he wanted him. Try to convince yourself he didn't want him if you like if it makes you fell better

clear in what way, where is the evidence? Did Klopp publicly say he had him as top target?
      Kopite78
      Reply #19: Aug 09, 2020 03:52:31 pm
      clear in what way, where is the evidence? Did Klopp publicly say he had him as top target?

Dear god. Of course he will say it publically wont he and risk getting done for tapping up

But the way Werner went on publically flirting, the stories that Jürgen had spoken to him privately

Absolutely abundantly clear he wanted him

We have spent next to F**k all net since they have been here. What is it? About 70m under Jürgen?

Its great on one hand, it shows simply how good Jürgen is but really, try to convince yourself Jürgen didn't want Werner if you like
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 760 posts | 38 
      Reply #20: Aug 09, 2020 03:52:41 pm
      F**k me, there’s some negative people on here. Just won the league etc. If you can’t trust Klopp and his team NOW you never bloody will. They’ve identified the choice of two back up LB’S, and look’s like they’re getting there man. Where did we get Robertson from and for how much?.I like many was a bit uninspired by it, but it’s probably the signing that made me trust Edwards the most. Right behind them I am.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,409 posts | 3406 
      Reply #21: Aug 09, 2020 03:54:16 pm
      Simple fact is with Werner before the pandemic shutdown it is very likely he would have signed but because of the on going pandemic and the ongoing financial issues then we offered less for a player than Leipzig valued him at so Chelsea offered him more money and his club an acceptable fee. Like it or not the pandemic has affected us and many other clubs  spurs taking out loans, arsenal laying off staff and Barcelona ruling out big signing.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #22: Aug 09, 2020 03:56:49 pm
      Dear god. Of course he will say it publically wont he and risk getting done for tapping up

But the way Werner went on publically flirting, the stories that Jürgen had spoken to him privately

Absolutely abundantly clear he wanted him

We have spent next to f**k all net since they have been here. What is it? About 70m under Jürgen?

Its great on one hand, it shows simply how good Jürgen is but really, try to convince yourself Jürgen didn't want Werner if you like

Oh for heavens sake have you never heard of agents and how they use one big club to get a better transfer price and wages for their client and the selling club. I think Werner was mostly paper talk, its certainly not "Absolutely abundantly clear" Klopp wanted him.  I imagine its possible Klopp would have liked him for a good price but when Chelsea came in and offered silly wages then it was a Nein Danke from Jürgen.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      Reply #23: Aug 09, 2020 04:00:45 pm
      Nonsense

Absolutely clear he wanted him. Try to convince yourself he didn't want him if you like if it makes you feel better

As clear as the sh*te spouting from yer hole pal, show me the evidence then if it was absolutely clear he was wanted, you know sometimes it’s beneficial to engage your obvious inept brain cells before operating that hole in your face,
      It’s Absolutely clear to me he wasn’t wanted or we would have seen him holding a scarf above his head before the flip flops came out,

Keep taking the Happy Smarties pal, your Special!

Y  N  W  A
      Kopite78
      Reply #24: Aug 09, 2020 04:01:09 pm
      F**k me, there’s some negative people on here. Just won the league etc. If you can’t trust Klopp and his team NOW you never bloody will. They’ve identified the choice of two back up LB’S, and look’s like they’re getting there man. Where did we get Robertson from and for how much?.I like many was a bit uninspired by it, but it’s probably the signing that made me trust Edwards the most. Right behind them I am.

Dont get confused.. Where has anyone said they dont trust the manager?

But dont think for a second the manager hasnt identified players (Werner the latest) that he hasnt been backed on

He is simply that good he can turn most players into better ones

He is that good

But did you really think that on the back of winning what we have over the last two years that we wouldnt have been in a position to add? That the best time to strengthen is from a position of strength?

I 100% trust the manager. I dont care at all for the owners

If others do, sound, no issue. But you can in return let me not really like them and it not really bother you surely
      FALIRO
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 101 posts | 15 
      Reply #25: Aug 09, 2020 04:03:26 pm
      Super player, very sad he is leaving. Well done to Liverpool for having the brains to pick him up. Would have been totally wasted at a smaller club. Very talented and very hard working. The whole package.
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 760 posts | 38 
      Reply #26: Aug 09, 2020 04:09:09 pm
      I understand if you don’t like them I really do mate everyone has an opinion.But having a go in this current climate is not productive. I like the fact we are as successful as we are doing it on a financially stable footing. We are owned by business men not rich oil men. That’s what makes are achievements all the more special to me. And if we have to be really careful at the moment, I get it. Who knows what’s round the corner.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #27: Aug 09, 2020 04:18:15 pm
      Never heard of him and I’d be very surprised if many others on here have. No point writing a player off that we know nothing about, never mind before he’s even played a game for us.

It’s almost as if some expect us to go and pay £30mill for a back up player.

From what I’ve read about the player, seems like he could be a decent option.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #28: Aug 09, 2020 04:20:42 pm
      I wish that I could pronounce his name !
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #29: Aug 09, 2020 04:23:35 pm
      Would have preferred Lewis but as LB cover this lad looks decent.
      FALIRO
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 101 posts | 15 
      Reply #30: Aug 09, 2020 04:26:42 pm

Tze-mikas
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #31: Aug 09, 2020 04:27:36 pm
      He has his work cut out but if he has a winning mentality, he will push himself to improve.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #32: Aug 09, 2020 04:47:43 pm
      Absolutely not

He was available for a buy out clause

The price was set. Chelsea didn't or couldn't outbid us

but they could offer higher wages couldn't they, which is exactly what they did, he's on £200k per week I think which would have seriously buggered up our wage structure as all the players would then want a pay rise and with good justification as well.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #33: Aug 09, 2020 04:50:02 pm

and how do you pronounce Tze ;-)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34: Aug 09, 2020 04:51:06 pm
      He has his work cut out but if he has a winning mentality, he will push himself to improve.

I think he'll get a decent number of games as will young Neco, we need to start rotating the Full backs a bit more than we have done to keep them fresh
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #35: Aug 09, 2020 04:53:15 pm
      but they could offer higher wages couldn't they, which is exactly what they did, he's on £200k per week I think which would have seriously buggered up our wage structure as all the players would then want a pay rise and with good justification as well.

You can add another £70k on top of that which would have made him our highest paid player.

We are a club that players want to play at for reasons other than financial only.

Chelsea are just a mercenary club.
      Kopite78
      Reply #36: Aug 09, 2020 04:57:15 pm
      According to reports we were trying to squeeze down the fee, but then the chavs with their infinite money came in and not only triggered the release clause instantly but also offered higher wages than we would have paid him, so for Werner and Leipzig it was a no-brainer.  We got gazumped and sorry to break it to you but we simply do not have the money to compete with PSG, Chelsea and City etc for a player who would effectively be a squad player for us, that sucks but its just how it is, you need to find a way to deal with it.

Actually

We tried to pay the 50m over the length of the contract

Chelsea offered it in one lump sum

The wages are irrelevant
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #37: Aug 09, 2020 04:58:31 pm
      Agree with that for the most part

However we dont know if he would have taken less to move here as he really seemed to want the move

We didn't activate the fee so we couldnt sit him down

He may well have taken less to join us. We will never know

Oh for heaven's sake, he might have wanted to play for Jürgen, which player doesn't, but if we were offering £125k per week for a spot in our squad and the chavs £270k with a much better chance of first team action then he'd have to be related to you if he chose us! ;-)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #38: Aug 09, 2020 04:59:52 pm
      Actually

We tried to pay the 50m over the length of the contract

Chelsea offered it in one lump sum

The wages are irrelevant

How are the wages irrelevant?? Ultimately the player chooses where he wants to go, BTW the difference between £125k and £270k per week over 5 years is quite a bit of dosh, plus you need to factor in all the other wage increases you'd be forced to make as well.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,925 posts | 3401 
      Reply #39: Aug 09, 2020 05:00:56 pm

:mad: - financially viable - ie the club aren’t going to spend £54mil plus £15mil agent fees plus £15mil signing on fee plus £280k a week wages on a player who doesn’t improve the first 11.

We are a club that runs self sufficient, our first 11 is one of the best in Europe and we are now strengthening the bench and people starting to cry because he is only £10mil
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,409 posts | 3406 
      Reply #40: Aug 09, 2020 05:14:41 pm

Call him kostas
      Kopite78
      Reply #41: Aug 09, 2020 05:16:08 pm

:mad: - financially viable - ie the club aren’t going to spend £54mil plus £15mil agent fees plus £15mil signing on fee plus £280k a week wages on a player who doesn’t improve the first 11.

We are a club that runs self sufficient, our first 11 is one of the best in Europe and we are now strengthening the bench and people starting to cry because he is only £10mil

Why arent the club going to spend that if it makes us stronger?

If you stand still it makes it easier for the rest to catch you

So what happens if one of our world class forwards get a long term injury?
      We have been incredibly lucky with injuries over the last 2 years

Yes we are self sufficient, but are you telling me our self sufficiency doesnt stretch beyond 67m net over 5 years? Really?
      FALIRO
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 101 posts | 15 
      Reply #42: Aug 09, 2020 05:17:55 pm
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,925 posts | 3401 
      Reply #43: Aug 09, 2020 05:22:23 pm
      Why arent the club going to spend that if it makes us stronger?

If you stand still it makes it easier for the rest to catch you

So what happens if one of our world class forwards get a long term injury?
      We have been incredibly lucky with injuries over the last 2 years

Yes we are self sufficient, but are you telling me our self sufficiency doesnt stretch beyond 67m net over 5 years? Really?

Are the club not looking to spend money on bringing in a left back to support Robbo ?

Why will we stand still ? A club can move forward without signing players.

If one of them gets an injury then the manager will work around that - we can’t have a £80mil player plus wages sat on the bench in case of injury

We have made a few losses in a number of years over the past 5 years - our wage bill has increased significantly and it’s now at £310mil - we made £530mil and we have outgoings of £500mil

Why are people that bothered about our net spend ? Surely it’s a good thing that the club have managed to shift so much sh*t , bring in world class players and not have to rely on owners own money or debt
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,160 posts | 1092 
      Reply #44: Aug 09, 2020 05:36:49 pm
      You guys miss the point. How often has Klopp and his staff been wrong on these guys? Andy Robertson was cheap as hell. Harvey Elliot looks to have a ton of skill and could play a role for us. How many of yall knew who he was before we signed him Klopp and his staff identify and develop players as good as anyone. If Klopp wants this kid thats good enough for me. Save that money for a established player down the road.

Excited to get a LB to cover LB
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #45: Aug 09, 2020 05:38:17 pm
      Like many on here I never heard of this lad, never seen him play but like I always say....i trust Jürgen and his team.
      deneb
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #46: Aug 09, 2020 06:11:36 pm
      Never heard of this lad, but I'm sure we've done our homework on him.

It's a question in the squad answered for a reasonable fee. Hoping to see him leaning on something by Friday.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 820 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #47: Aug 09, 2020 06:38:25 pm
      Don't care how we got here but we needed cover for Robbo and we now have it, what's not to like?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #48: Aug 09, 2020 07:10:58 pm
      Don't care how we got here but we needed cover for Robbo and we now have it, what's not to like?

Yep.

He's a good 'un as well by all accounts.
      Only 24 as well.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      Reply #49: Aug 09, 2020 07:42:40 pm
      I think he'll get a decent number of games as will young Neco, we need to start rotating the Full backs a bit more than we have done to keep them fresh

As long as he is better than Moreno, we're fine :P
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      Reply #50: Aug 09, 2020 08:19:39 pm
      After some research, I found this:

The star registered seven assists last term, five of those coming in the league – a respectable return for a left-back.

That creativity surely makes him a worthy backup to Robertson, who has undoubtedly proven himself as one of the very best creative full-backs in the world.

He’s a winner. After playing a key role for Olympiacos all season, Kostas finished up with the first league title of his career in June.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,487 posts | 231 
      Reply #51: Aug 09, 2020 08:22:55 pm
      Apparently fee is agreed, looks like its moving fast. Glad this is happening we needed backup for Robbo.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #52: Aug 09, 2020 08:28:13 pm
      Reminder this topic is for anything related to the potential signing, not a topic about the owners.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #53: Aug 09, 2020 08:40:16 pm
      Watched some highlights. Reminds me a lot of Robbo to be fair. Looks like he’s a lung buster so he should fit in just fine.

Pretty happy with this to be honest. I’m one of the ones worried that us pulling out of the Werner deal meant no signings but maybe Lovren’s transfer fee covers this signing. Still don’t see us doing any “exciting” business but if we add a reliable CB and provide some cover for the front three and get Gini re-signed I suppose that will be a prudent window.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #54: Aug 09, 2020 08:57:15 pm
      Big part of the Olymiakos side which clinched the title last season.

Another winner, that'll do
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #55: Aug 09, 2020 09:01:37 pm
      Never heard of him to be honest but the good thing is whatever level of player he is now, you know we'll improve him. Be good to actually rest Robbo next year without having to play a right footer at LB.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,348 posts | 2818 
      Reply #56: Aug 09, 2020 09:04:29 pm
      Watched the Olympiakos v Wolves game the other night - only time I've seen this lad play. Did manage to shut down Traore really well, something Robbo struggled with a bit last season so looks like there's a player in there.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #57: Aug 09, 2020 09:45:15 pm
      Wasn't really too fussed about Lewis though I never seen this greek guy play so don't know what to make of it other than it fills a need for a left footed full back which is what we needed.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #58: Aug 10, 2020 01:05:23 am
      Never heard of him but if The Gaffer wants him, I'm sold.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #59: Aug 10, 2020 01:42:02 am
      But that's not the point you originally made

We couldn't get to offer him a wage as we couldnt afford the buy out clause

Wage is irrelevant at the point we were as we couldnt or wouldnt put the money down
      If we had put the money down we could talk to the player and then it's down to him. Then you could say we did all we could. However we cant or wont pay.

Wage was a huge factor here Chelsea agreed to give him 280k a week not even Virgils new deal will get him on that. On a 5 year deal with the transfer fee it’s a 120m + outlay on one player.

Worlds economically crashing and burning due to this pandemic absolutely makes no sense for any club to commit that unless they have an abundance of oil money.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #60: Aug 10, 2020 01:59:59 am
      Glad we are going to sign him. This shows that we are serious about building up a squad. With a couple of more signings we can have a serious assault on all the trophies we play for next season. After conquering both Europe and England, a treble winning season or the like should be the next step.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #61: Aug 10, 2020 04:03:07 am
      https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/video/wolverhampton-vs-olympiacos-extended-highlights/

Highlights from Olympiakos' recent match with Wolves. He's number 21 in white (at left back...). At 2:20 he shows some athleticism to keep a ball in play and then execute a 1-2 at full speed before hitting a nice shot which the goalkeeper denies.

AT 5 minutes he picks up a yellow card for a bit of naughtiness.

He has a big nose.

That's my scouting report.  ;D

EDIT: Actually he hits a couple of decent crosses after 9 minutes in the vid.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #62: Aug 10, 2020 04:10:32 am
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO5F5Ii38gk

Here's a  highlight reel posted to YouTube in January.

I would recommend muting the audio as it features a dreadful soundtrack....
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #63: Aug 10, 2020 07:32:50 am
      Never heard of him but if The Gaffer wants him, I'm sold.

Your always easily lead. Just like a duck to water  :f_tongueincheek:
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #64: Aug 10, 2020 08:31:33 am
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #65: Aug 10, 2020 10:11:36 am
      80% of his rights? What happens with the other 20% of him?

20% sell on clause maybe?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #66: Aug 10, 2020 10:21:32 am
      castorianos
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #67: Aug 10, 2020 10:39:13 am
      I think he is an overrated player.
      Here in Greece they say transfer costed 15 million euros. I believe that the real value of transfer is between 1-3 millions.
      Watch Tsimikas reaction after 0.28 sec.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odX9ypCsSlk&feature=emb_title
      castorianos
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #68: Aug 10, 2020 10:44:22 am

The right pronounciation is Chee-ME-kas. Like in chee(se), ME and cash. The accent is in ME.
      IMO a classic overrated olympiakos player (search for Retsos, previous overrated transfer from the same team).
      harrydunn08

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #69: Aug 10, 2020 12:23:40 pm
      The right pronounciation is Chee-ME-kas. Like in chee(se), ME and cash. The accent is in ME.
      IMO a classic overrated olympiakos player (search for Retsos, previous overrated transfer from the same team).

While I appreciate your perspective (you seem like one of very few to even know who this cat is) my new default is to trust Jürgen and the transfer committee. 

Mane was "another overpriced player from Southampton." 
      Mo was "an overpriced Chelsea flop." 
      Gini was "an average player in a sh*t Newcastle side."
      Robbo was "a cheap fix for a problem area that requires proven talent."

Jürgen and his team tend to get it right more often than not. 

Welcome to the board mate!
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #70: Aug 10, 2020 12:55:32 pm

I assume your a fan of one of olympiakos rival teams. Keep the bitterness out of this thread.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #71: Aug 10, 2020 01:33:04 pm

Just as well then we have a manager who turns "overrated players" in to world beaters. ;)
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #72: Aug 10, 2020 01:36:28 pm
      Here in Greece they say transfer costed 15 million euros. I believe that the real value of transfer is between 1-3 millions.

Eh what was wrong with his reaction? He was thrown to the ground and kicked on the ground after some strong defending.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #73: Aug 10, 2020 02:17:47 pm
      I assume your a fan of one of olympiakos rival teams. Keep the bitterness out of this thread.
      Thought that straight away.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #74: Aug 10, 2020 02:39:47 pm
      While I appreciate your perspective (you seem like one of very few to even know who this cat is) my new default is to trust Jürgen and the transfer committee. 

Mane was "another overpriced player from Southampton." 
      Mo was "an overpriced Chelsea flop." 
      Gini was "an average player in a sh*t Newcastle side."
      Robbo was "a cheap fix for a problem area that requires proven talent."

Jürgen and his team tend to get it right more often than not. 

Welcome to the board mate!

Just to temper that other poster's opinion, here's one I found on reddit. Take it for what it's worth:

About Kostas Tsimikas...
      I am a Greek Liverpool and Olympiacos fan and since i've seen many wonder how will Tsimikas fit in this Liverpool team,i will try to give my (slightly biased) rundown of him.

Let's get this out of the way from the start...In my opinion Kostas Tsimikas is one of the most gifted fullbacks in Europe right now and definitely a great option for Jürgen Klopp's team.

He is A LOT like Trent Alexander-Arnold and Andy Robertson...An untiring,fast runner with great crosses who is a capable defender and true quality when the team attacks.

Tsimikas is very good on one on one situations both defensively and offensively,as he can keep up with fast attackers (etc. Adama Traore) and is not afraid to get aggresive in order to keep the ball on his side,while at the same time has great technique with the ball and can actually dribble quite effectively. He is a very passionate player that will keep running and trying to give his best for the team at all times even if he doesn't have a good day,something that i really appreciate personally.

He is overall a smart player who observes the field before making a decision,though sometimes he gets a bit carried away and decides to be more of an attacker than a defender thus choosing to go for the extra dribble or run more than what's necessary before making a pass. And that's where some of his "less good" qualities come.

This may sound weird but Tsimikas relies too much on his speed and lung capacity in my opinion. When he is attacking he often times doesn't keep the ball on his feet,instead he kicks it further away and runs to get it back,that is also his favorite way of getting past an opposing defender. Bare in mind that most of the times he succeeds in what he wants to do,but the repetitiveness of his actions can be easily understood from smart and capable defenders. He also rarely scores which is not that big of a deal,but with Klopp's way of football it would be preferable if he did.

Tsimikas definitely isn't on the same level as Andy Robertson or Alexander-Arnold,but few in the world of football are. He is however a very capable,growing talent with a lot of potential and in my opinion a great backup for the squad.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #75: Aug 10, 2020 02:41:22 pm

What's wrong with his reaction?

Guess you have never seen Robbo wind someone up (Messi...Suarez)?
      castorianos
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #76: Aug 10, 2020 02:45:15 pm

Bitterness hmm! Not at all.
      olympiacos owner (suspect for drug trafficking, it takes nine years now for the court to make a decision, because miraculously 9 witnesses have died) owns Nottingham Forest too. What happens if Liverpool has to play in the cup with Forest? Will Klopp use Tsimikas or not?
      Sorry!
      « Last Edit: Aug 10, 2020 03:01:49 pm by castorianos »
      castorianos
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #77: Aug 10, 2020 02:46:25 pm
      What's wrong with his reaction?

Guess you have never seen Robbo wind someone up (Messi...Suarez)?

You can't see it in the video, but after this dripple, Tsimikas asked for a barf-bag!
      castorianos
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #78: Aug 10, 2020 02:49:44 pm
      Yeap sure!
      Read also a story that reminds Tsimikas' transfer a lot
      Retsos sold for 17,5 to Bayern Levercusen
      https://www.transfermarkt.com/panagiotis-retsos/profil/spieler/324351
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #79: Aug 10, 2020 02:49:59 pm
      You can't see it in the video, but after this dripple, Tsimikas asked for a barf-bag!

If you can't see it in the video, why did you point it out?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #80: Aug 10, 2020 02:52:44 pm
      Yeap sure!
      Read also a story that reminds Tsimikas' transfer a lot
      Retsos sold for 17,5 to Bayern Levercusen
      https://www.transfermarkt.com/panagiotis-retsos/profil/spieler/324351

Who cares that's a different player to the one we signed.

Why are you on our forum sprouting nonsense?

We're not interested.
      castorianos
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #81: Aug 10, 2020 03:00:55 pm
      Who cares that's a different player to the one we signed.

Why are you on our forum sprouting nonsense?

We're not interested.

Why insult a fellow Liverpool fan? It is not nonsense at all.
      Sorry, but this is the truth and my only intention is to protect Liverpool.
      It happens, to know Greek football better than you.
      The top 10 footballers of Greek football, wouldn't stand on a premiership team above Southampton.
      I'm sure that Klopp will send him very soon on loan.

castorianos
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #82: Aug 10, 2020 03:04:15 pm
      1-3 million! 😂

Not trying to build credability are we?

Usually, media in Greece tend to exaggerate... a lot.  ;)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #83: Aug 10, 2020 03:10:04 pm
      Bitterness hmm! Not at all.
      olympiacos owner (suspect for drug trafficking, it takes nine years now for the court to make a decision, because miraculously 9 witnesses have died) owns Nottingham Forest too. What happens if Liverpool has to play in the cup with Forest? Will Klopp use Tsimikas or not?
      Sorry!

What the hell are you on about?! Who gives a toss what the Olympiacos owner is suspected of. If we were to draw Forest in the cup then whatever is going on with that owner has absolutely no influence on our team selection.

One of the most ridiculous posts I’ve read in a while.

So you’re saying to watch a certain point of the video, then when there’s nothing there you are saying something that could have happened for any number of reasons happened out of the picture. Plenty of players have been sick whilst playing.

We haven’t even signed him yet and you think he’s going out on loan. If we had any intention of loaning him out then we wouldn’t be signing him. We have a very limited budget, we aren’t going to waste it on players that need to be sent out on loan.
      « Last Edit: Aug 10, 2020 03:19:30 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #84: Aug 10, 2020 03:10:37 pm
      Why insult a fellow Liverpool fan? It is not nonsense at all.
      Sorry, but this is the truth and my only intention is to protect Liverpool.
      It happens, to know Greek football better than you.
      The top 10 footballers of Greek football, wouldn't stand on a premiership team above Southampton.

Bollox he will.

Why would we send our back up LB out on loan?

If you are really a Liverpool fan then you would trust by now that Jürgen knows what he's doing bringing this lad in.

Anyway you made your point now move on please until we can judge the player for ourselves when he's playing in a Liverpool shirt.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #85: Aug 10, 2020 03:48:36 pm
      Sorry!

Why wouldn't Klopp play him against Nottingham Forest?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #86: Aug 10, 2020 04:14:23 pm
      It seems a bit harsh to say "Welcome to the forum, now please F**k off", but in this instance it's probably about right.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,409 posts | 3406 
      Reply #87: Aug 10, 2020 04:37:53 pm
      This conversation is indeed all Greek to.me
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8549 
      Reply #88: Aug 10, 2020 04:54:57 pm
      What happens if Liverpool has to play in the cup with Forest?

We'll F***ing batter them.

The end!!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #89: Aug 10, 2020 06:11:51 pm
      deneb
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #90: Aug 10, 2020 07:05:27 pm
      Twitter chat is that he's had his medical and done all that filming malarkey that comes with new signings these days. Announcement later today or tomorrow.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #91: Aug 10, 2020 07:07:05 pm
      Twitter chat is that he's had his medical and done all that filming malarkey that comes with new signings these days. Announcement later today or tomorrow.

8 minutes ago actually 😊
      deneb
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #92: Aug 10, 2020 07:16:28 pm

I think I was faster than the BBC at least!

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #93: Aug 10, 2020 07:22:43 pm

Quick Reply