Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Kostas Tsimikas (Olympiakos)

Read 10904 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Kostas Tsimikas (Olympiakos)
      Reply #23: Aug 09, 2020 04:00:45 pm
      Nonsense

Absolutely clear he wanted him. Try to convince yourself he didn't want him if you like if it makes you feel better

As clear as the sh*te spouting from yer hole pal, show me the evidence then if it was absolutely clear he was wanted, you know sometimes it’s beneficial to engage your obvious inept brain cells before operating that hole in your face,
      It’s Absolutely clear to me he wasn’t wanted or we would have seen him holding a scarf above his head before the flip flops came out,

Keep taking the Happy Smarties pal, your Special!

Y  N  W  A
      Kopite78
      Reply #24: Aug 09, 2020 04:01:09 pm
      F**k me, there’s some negative people on here. Just won the league etc. If you can’t trust Klopp and his team NOW you never bloody will. They’ve identified the choice of two back up LB’S, and look’s like they’re getting there man. Where did we get Robertson from and for how much?.I like many was a bit uninspired by it, but it’s probably the signing that made me trust Edwards the most. Right behind them I am.

Dont get confused.. Where has anyone said they dont trust the manager?

But dont think for a second the manager hasnt identified players (Werner the latest) that he hasnt been backed on

He is simply that good he can turn most players into better ones

He is that good

But did you really think that on the back of winning what we have over the last two years that we wouldnt have been in a position to add? That the best time to strengthen is from a position of strength?

I 100% trust the manager. I dont care at all for the owners

If others do, sound, no issue. But you can in return let me not really like them and it not really bother you surely
      FALIRO
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 101 posts | 15 
      Reply #25: Aug 09, 2020 04:03:26 pm
      Super player, very sad he is leaving. Well done to Liverpool for having the brains to pick him up. Would have been totally wasted at a smaller club. Very talented and very hard working. The whole package.
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 760 posts | 38 
      Reply #26: Aug 09, 2020 04:09:09 pm
      I understand if you don’t like them I really do mate everyone has an opinion.But having a go in this current climate is not productive. I like the fact we are as successful as we are doing it on a financially stable footing. We are owned by business men not rich oil men. That’s what makes are achievements all the more special to me. And if we have to be really careful at the moment, I get it. Who knows what’s round the corner.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #27: Aug 09, 2020 04:18:15 pm
      Never heard of him and I’d be very surprised if many others on here have. No point writing a player off that we know nothing about, never mind before he’s even played a game for us.

It’s almost as if some expect us to go and pay £30mill for a back up player.

From what I’ve read about the player, seems like he could be a decent option.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #28: Aug 09, 2020 04:20:42 pm
      I wish that I could pronounce his name !
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #29: Aug 09, 2020 04:23:35 pm
      Would have preferred Lewis but as LB cover this lad looks decent.
      FALIRO
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 101 posts | 15 
      Reply #30: Aug 09, 2020 04:26:42 pm

Tze-mikas
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #31: Aug 09, 2020 04:27:36 pm
      He has his work cut out but if he has a winning mentality, he will push himself to improve.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #32: Aug 09, 2020 04:47:43 pm
      Absolutely not

He was available for a buy out clause

The price was set. Chelsea didn't or couldn't outbid us

but they could offer higher wages couldn't they, which is exactly what they did, he's on £200k per week I think which would have seriously buggered up our wage structure as all the players would then want a pay rise and with good justification as well.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #33: Aug 09, 2020 04:50:02 pm

and how do you pronounce Tze ;-)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34: Aug 09, 2020 04:51:06 pm
      He has his work cut out but if he has a winning mentality, he will push himself to improve.

I think he'll get a decent number of games as will young Neco, we need to start rotating the Full backs a bit more than we have done to keep them fresh
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #35: Aug 09, 2020 04:53:15 pm
      but they could offer higher wages couldn't they, which is exactly what they did, he's on £200k per week I think which would have seriously buggered up our wage structure as all the players would then want a pay rise and with good justification as well.

You can add another £70k on top of that which would have made him our highest paid player.

We are a club that players want to play at for reasons other than financial only.

Chelsea are just a mercenary club.
      Kopite78
      Reply #36: Aug 09, 2020 04:57:15 pm
      According to reports we were trying to squeeze down the fee, but then the chavs with their infinite money came in and not only triggered the release clause instantly but also offered higher wages than we would have paid him, so for Werner and Leipzig it was a no-brainer.  We got gazumped and sorry to break it to you but we simply do not have the money to compete with PSG, Chelsea and City etc for a player who would effectively be a squad player for us, that sucks but its just how it is, you need to find a way to deal with it.

Actually

We tried to pay the 50m over the length of the contract

Chelsea offered it in one lump sum

The wages are irrelevant
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #37: Aug 09, 2020 04:58:31 pm
      Agree with that for the most part

However we dont know if he would have taken less to move here as he really seemed to want the move

We didn't activate the fee so we couldnt sit him down

He may well have taken less to join us. We will never know

Oh for heaven's sake, he might have wanted to play for Jürgen, which player doesn't, but if we were offering £125k per week for a spot in our squad and the chavs £270k with a much better chance of first team action then he'd have to be related to you if he chose us! ;-)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #38: Aug 09, 2020 04:59:52 pm
      Actually

We tried to pay the 50m over the length of the contract

Chelsea offered it in one lump sum

The wages are irrelevant

How are the wages irrelevant?? Ultimately the player chooses where he wants to go, BTW the difference between £125k and £270k per week over 5 years is quite a bit of dosh, plus you need to factor in all the other wage increases you'd be forced to make as well.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #39: Aug 09, 2020 05:00:56 pm
      Nothing in bringing a back up left back

We have though pulled out of other players we had lined up because we now apparently can't afford - Champions of england, champions of europe and champions of the world, but apparently cant spend anything of note unless we sell. That's not great in my opinion
      Hopefully we can find back ups for those positions too for next to nothing as well

Yeah.. he really liked Werner too but he was too expensive

So hes only allowed to like bargains he can work miracles on it seems

:mad: - financially viable - ie the club aren’t going to spend £54mil plus £15mil agent fees plus £15mil signing on fee plus £280k a week wages on a player who doesn’t improve the first 11.

We are a club that runs self sufficient, our first 11 is one of the best in Europe and we are now strengthening the bench and people starting to cry because he is only £10mil
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #40: Aug 09, 2020 05:14:41 pm

Call him kostas
      Kopite78
      Reply #41: Aug 09, 2020 05:16:08 pm

:mad: - financially viable - ie the club aren’t going to spend £54mil plus £15mil agent fees plus £15mil signing on fee plus £280k a week wages on a player who doesn’t improve the first 11.

We are a club that runs self sufficient, our first 11 is one of the best in Europe and we are now strengthening the bench and people starting to cry because he is only £10mil

Why arent the club going to spend that if it makes us stronger?

If you stand still it makes it easier for the rest to catch you

So what happens if one of our world class forwards get a long term injury?
      We have been incredibly lucky with injuries over the last 2 years

Yes we are self sufficient, but are you telling me our self sufficiency doesnt stretch beyond 67m net over 5 years? Really?
      FALIRO
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 101 posts | 15 
      Reply #42: Aug 09, 2020 05:17:55 pm
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #43: Aug 09, 2020 05:22:23 pm
      Why arent the club going to spend that if it makes us stronger?

If you stand still it makes it easier for the rest to catch you

So what happens if one of our world class forwards get a long term injury?
      We have been incredibly lucky with injuries over the last 2 years

Yes we are self sufficient, but are you telling me our self sufficiency doesnt stretch beyond 67m net over 5 years? Really?

Are the club not looking to spend money on bringing in a left back to support Robbo ?

Why will we stand still ? A club can move forward without signing players.

If one of them gets an injury then the manager will work around that - we can’t have a £80mil player plus wages sat on the bench in case of injury

We have made a few losses in a number of years over the past 5 years - our wage bill has increased significantly and it’s now at £310mil - we made £530mil and we have outgoings of £500mil

Why are people that bothered about our net spend ? Surely it’s a good thing that the club have managed to shift so much sh*t , bring in world class players and not have to rely on owners own money or debt
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #44: Aug 09, 2020 05:36:49 pm
      You guys miss the point. How often has Klopp and his staff been wrong on these guys? Andy Robertson was cheap as hell. Harvey Elliot looks to have a ton of skill and could play a role for us. How many of yall knew who he was before we signed him Klopp and his staff identify and develop players as good as anyone. If Klopp wants this kid thats good enough for me. Save that money for a established player down the road.

Excited to get a LB to cover LB
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #45: Aug 09, 2020 05:38:17 pm
      Like many on here I never heard of this lad, never seen him play but like I always say....i trust Jürgen and his team.

Quick Reply