Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Kostas Tsimikas Player Thread (D)

Read 33319 times
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,020 posts | 527 
      Re: Kostas Tsimikas Player Thread (D)
      Reply #230: Oct 22, 2023 06:52:05 pm
      Not been great when he's played recently but hard to build any form without a decent run of games. He's gonna get that now, so hopefully will get his match sharpness up. He's got a good left foot and is probably a better back up than some think.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 828 posts | 298 
      Reply #231: Oct 22, 2023 07:05:16 pm
      Not been great when he's played recently but hard to build any form without a decent run of games. He's gonna get that now, so hopefully will get his match sharpness up. He's got a good left foot and is probably a better back up than some think.

He's got an opportunity now, with get a good run of games to get match fit and show us what he can do.
      Keny
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts | 26 
      Reply #232: Oct 22, 2023 07:19:32 pm
      He was the weakest link in the last couple games.  Hope he can step up.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,621 posts | 3917 
      Reply #233: Oct 22, 2023 08:56:22 pm
      Very confident he’ll come good
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,653 posts | 1586 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #234: Nov 09, 2023 09:55:41 pm
      Second time this season he's been caught in a similar area resulting in a goal for the opposition, I don't want to blame him but I really think he's gone backwards instead of forwards....hurry up back in the team Robbo !!!
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,543 posts | 725 
      Reply #235: Nov 09, 2023 10:31:11 pm
      i WOULDN'T nessessarily give him all the blame. He got a dead pass from Endo, and gave him zero angles or options for a pass.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,267 posts | 760 
      Reply #236: Nov 09, 2023 10:38:57 pm
      i WOULDN'T nessessarily give him all the blame. He got a dead pass from Endo, and gave him zero angles or options for a pass.
      He's a highly paid professional footballer at an elite football club who also plays football for his country....surely he can control a Football!
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 820 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #237: Nov 09, 2023 11:12:58 pm
      Seems to have regressed from his cameos last season, his delivery was always something you could bank on and not seeing anything of the sort this season.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,543 posts | 725 
      Reply #238: Nov 09, 2023 11:15:36 pm
      He's a highly paid professional footballer at an elite football club who also plays football for his country....surely he can control a Football!

I get it. They're all highly paid professionals on the pitch tho. The smallest hesitation will get pounced on by the opponent (also highly paid professionals). It didn't help when he got the pass that NO other Liverpool player was making themselves available. Yes he deserves most of the blame, but this is a team sport.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,267 posts | 760 
      Reply #239: Nov 09, 2023 11:22:29 pm
      I get it. They're all highly paid professionals on the pitch tho. The smallest hesitation will get pounced on by the opponent (also highly paid professionals). It didn't help when he got the pass that NO other Liverpool player was making themselves available. Yes he deserves most of the blame, but this is a team sport.
      He took a risk and got himself in a mess......There are times and places to take risks...and some where you don't...or shouldn't.
      He'll hopefully learn by it.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,543 posts | 725 
      Reply #240: Nov 12, 2023 06:39:27 pm
      Did he get 2 assists today??   :f_doh:
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #241: Nov 12, 2023 06:53:37 pm
      Did he get 2 assists today??   :f_doh:

Technically yes. Not sure the second one is an 'assist'  . He turned back ... passed to Jota who skipped inside and then smashed a long ranger into the bottom corner. So 'assist' I think is stretching it there 🙂
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,653 posts | 1586 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #242: Nov 12, 2023 09:00:55 pm
      Fair do's to him today, sounded like he played really well, I haven't seen the game yet but certainly he sounded like he stepped up so well done to him.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #243: Nov 12, 2023 09:02:42 pm
      Fair do's to him today, sounded like he played really well, I haven't seen the game yet but certainly he sounded like he stepped up so well done to him.

He was pretty woeful in the first half but did manage to up his game in the second half. Still honestly he scares me when he plays. We really need him to find some consistency though.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #244: Nov 13, 2023 12:33:23 am
      For the first 26 minutes, I thought ok, playing much better today, then he lost the ball and they went down their end and I sh*t myself but nothing came of it, doesn't mean I was mentally ripping him a new one.

As the game went on, he seemed to get better and he ended up providing 2 assists, so I can't say too much bad about him after last nights performance.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #245: Nov 13, 2023 12:46:45 pm
      He was pretty woeful in the first half but did manage to up his game in the second half. Still honestly he scares me when he plays. We really need him to find some consistency though.

Not on the level of Robbo, but did well for Mo's header getting the cross over and keeping the ball in :laugh:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1772 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #246: Nov 13, 2023 12:54:00 pm
      Aye was much better yesterday, as folk have said especially 2nd half.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #247: Nov 13, 2023 02:06:42 pm
      Not on the level of Robbo, but did well for Mo's header getting the cross over and keeping the ball in :laugh:

Yea that was his saving grace for me yesterday. Puts me a little in the mind of Alberto Moreno...good flashes and the occasional head scratchers. He's not a bad footballer...just ideally we'd have better even as a backup.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,322 posts | 1524 
      Reply #248: Nov 13, 2023 03:27:36 pm
      Well he certainly made some improvement. That can only lift his confidence. He's played better in the past, so hopefully its all coming back and he can push on.
      We have to hope so as we don't have many options until Robbo's back. If the crowd got behind him a bit, it would give him a massive lift.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1772 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #249: Nov 13, 2023 03:45:06 pm
      Confidence is everything, hopefully he has some good games with greece and comes back buzzin.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,020 posts | 527 
      Reply #250: Nov 25, 2023 06:00:38 pm
      Has taken plenty of stick this season so gonna give him credit for his performance today. Kept Foden very quiet and defended well the whole game. Good to see our backup LB showing his quality. Was MOTM for me.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,653 posts | 1586 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #251: Nov 25, 2023 08:16:06 pm
      Has taken plenty of stick this season so gonna give him credit for his performance today. Kept Foden very quiet and defended well the whole game. Good to see our backup LB showing his quality. Was MOTM for me.

Good post - he's had plenty of negatives against him but I thought he was superb today, credit where credits due, made some good  runs, tackles and crosses, well done Kostas.
      Keny
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts | 26 
      Reply #252: Nov 26, 2023 06:21:05 am
      Hope he keep going like this game.

Quick Reply