Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Kostas Tsimikas Player Thread (D)

Read 32456 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Kostas Tsimikas Player Thread
      Reply #46: Oct 29, 2020 11:48:36 am
      Anyone know what’s up with this lad. Been super unlucky since joining. Injury and COVID. Wouldn’t mind seeing another run out, even if Robbo has been challenging Fabinho for player of the season to date.

Thigh strain I think...id say well see a bit of him from late November and December
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #47: Oct 31, 2020 05:31:39 am
      Anyone know what’s up with this lad. Been super unlucky since joining. Injury and COVID. Wouldn’t mind seeing another run out, even if Robbo has been challenging Fabinho for player of the season to date.

With how full the schedule is he definitely would get a game now and then if he were healthy. A few more weeks for that, apparently.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #48: Oct 31, 2020 10:42:46 am
      With how full the schedule is he definitely would get a game now and then if he were healthy. A few more weeks for that, apparently.

Think he's due back next week mate but might need a game or two with the u23 side to build up match fitness.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #49: Nov 04, 2020 11:43:30 am
      Looked a player last night in his brief cameo. Tenacioys, quick and smart with the ball. Nice cover for the man
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #50: Nov 05, 2020 11:29:07 pm
      Looked a player last night in his brief cameo. Tenacioys, quick and smart with the ball. Nice cover for the man

Agreed mate and he whipped in a ripping cross.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #51: Feb 04, 2021 02:55:31 am
      Thought we would see him vs. Brighton and in hindsight, maybe that is an area where Jürgen could have freshened the team. Robbo is one of our most consistent performers but he seemed off of it last night (as did most of the team).

Some of our second XI I feel are mostly passengers with the squad, but Kostas is someone I think we're still waiting for a verdict on. Not sure when we might see him in action if not Wednesday.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #52: Feb 04, 2021 08:37:52 am
      Thought we would see him vs. Brighton and in hindsight, maybe that is an area where Jürgen could have freshened the team. Robbo is one of our most consistent performers but he seemed off of it last night (as did most of the team).

Some of our second XI I feel are mostly passengers with the squad, but Kostas is someone I think we're still waiting for a verdict on. Not sure when we might see him in action if not Wednesday.

This is were I think to mesrlf Jürgen dont come out saying we look tired  when he has not always helped himself in that regard
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #53: Feb 04, 2021 09:20:11 am
      This is were I think to mesrlf Jürgen dont come out saying we look tired  when he has not always helped himself in that regard

Was thinking the same especially in relation to Robertson.

I can't really fathom the thinking behind finally buying a cover LB only to never play him when he's fit.

I totally understand that Robbo is one of our key players but you can't tell me there want an opportunity to rotate last night?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #54: Feb 04, 2021 09:40:17 am

Its like when he made a bit of a tw*t of himself saying he needed 5 subs then went a couple of matches not rotating and only using 1 sub every match!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #55: Feb 04, 2021 09:42:38 am
      Was thinking the same especially in relation to Robertson.

I can't really fathom the thinking behind finally buying a cover LB only to never play him when he's fit.

I totally understand that Robbo is one of our key players but you can't tell me there want an opportunity to rotate last night?

100% agree, if you can't play him at home against Brighton then when the hell can you play him, same for Neco? Klopp has to start rotating a bit more, including midfield, I'd actually not be completely opposed to trying Origi in an attacking midfield role, I'm not optimistic it would work but its at least worth a go, out wide Origi is definitely sh*t, but central he sometimes looks ok.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #56: Apr 07, 2021 04:17:22 pm
      What was the point in spending £12M on him if he won’t play him
      A clearly knackered and exhausted Robbo is being flogged to death - Klopp doesn’t do himself any favours by not rotating.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #57: Apr 07, 2021 08:28:54 pm
      What was the point in spending £12M on him if he won’t play him
      A clearly knackered and exhausted Robbo is being flogged to death - Klopp doesn’t do himself any favours by not rotating.

Klopp's biggest flaw is his inflexibility, stubbornness and favouritism of certain players.

He has a lot more positives than negatives though.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #58: Apr 09, 2021 02:51:23 am
      Think he plays versus Villa, Robbo looks fu**ed!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #59: Apr 09, 2021 09:55:17 am
      Think he plays versus Villa, Robbo looks fu**ed!

He won't.

We simply have to win that game if we've any chance of Top 4 so Jürgen won't gamble.

It's a puzzling one as if he wasn't trusted to fill in for Robbo before now he shouldn't have been bought but surely he's good enough to have played more than he has?

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #60: Apr 10, 2021 02:21:27 am
      He won't.

We simply have to win that game if we've any chance of Top 4 so Jürgen won't gamble.

It's a puzzling one as if he wasn't trusted to fill in for Robbo before now he shouldn't have been bought but surely he's good enough to have played more than he has?

Yeah I know, it will be a knackered looking Robbo out there or even Milner.

Won't see this lad get a game, so why buy him?

Andy deffo needs a rest.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #61: Apr 22, 2021 11:41:53 am
      Yeah I know, it will be a knackered looking Robbo out there or even Milner.

Won't see this lad get a game, so why buy him?

Andy deffo needs a rest.

Two logical answers for me

1. With us missing all the first choice cb options Jürgen has been reluctant to change a 3rd peice of last seasons back 4 which would have meant putting essentially 3 new faces into the back 4

2. He's been utter dog sh*te in training

Robbo hasn't been at the same level as last season but no one has let's face it, it's not really as if he doesn't look "fit" as he is still getting up and down all game, it's more that the seeming quality into the box hasn't been there but that could be down to a couple of things as well, Sadio has been well off his form this season too directly in front of him and the packed nature of the boxes and the lack of form generally in the final third  means they aren't quite as sharp in getting on the end of things
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #62: Apr 22, 2021 01:37:06 pm
      Two logical answers for me

1. With us missing all the first choice cb options Jürgen has been reluctant to change a 3rd peice of last seasons back 4 which would have meant putting essentially 3 new faces into the back 4

2. He's been utter dog sh*te in training

Robbo hasn't been at the same level as last season but no one has let's face it, it's not really as if he doesn't look "fit" as he is still getting up and down all game, it's more that the seeming quality into the box hasn't been there but that could be down to a couple of things as well, Sadio has been well off his form this season too directly in front of him and the packed nature of the boxes and the lack of form generally in the final third  means they aren't quite as sharp in getting on the end of things

I think you've hit it on the head with #1. Even if he's great in training, we've seen Jürgen's reluctance to throw in a new player on a whim. The prospect of him playing with Virg and Joe or Matip is one thing....like you said though...throwing him in with an already makeshift back line...that's another thing altogether.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #63: Apr 22, 2021 01:44:14 pm
      I think you've hit it on the head with #1. Even if he's great in training, we've seen Jürgen's reluctance to throw in a new player on a whim. The prospect of him playing with Virg and Joe or Matip is one thing....like you said though...throwing him in with an already makeshift back line...that's another thing altogether.

Not just that he wouldn't be playing with Virg/Joe/Matip, but that Kostas would likely need some defensive cover from the midfield but with Trent on the other side who needs cover himself, we could be too exposed defensively.

There is certainly an aspect of truth to Jürgen being too reluctant to throw in a new player.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #64: Apr 22, 2021 01:49:45 pm
      Not just that he wouldn't be playing with Virg/Joe/Matip, but that Kostas would likely need some defensive cover from the midfield but with Trent on the other side who needs cover himself, we could be too exposed defensively.

There is certainly an aspect of truth to Jürgen being too reluctant to throw in a new player.

I wouldn’t say he’s reluctant to throw them it’s it’s just he wants them to be comfortable and up to speed with how we play before he does

CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #65: Apr 22, 2021 02:09:23 pm
      I wouldn’t say he’s reluctant to throw them it’s it’s just he wants them to be comfortable and up to speed with how we play before he does

Kostas has been here long enough to surely feel comfortable in the system. However, as the season derailed and stopping the bleed became so important he preferred going to his established / trusted players vs rotating. Then after we stopped the bleed and landed outside the top 4 and in a battle for a CL spot next year, he was/is in a similar position where he goes to his true and tested in hopes of getting every point possible. Problem with that is players burn out.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #66: Apr 22, 2021 02:23:19 pm
      Kostas has been here long enough to surely feel comfortable in the system. However, as the season derailed and stopping the bleed became so important he preferred going to his established / trusted players vs rotating. Then after we stopped the bleed and landed outside the top 4 and in a battle for a CL spot next year, he was/is in a similar position where he goes to his true and tested in hopes of getting every point possible. Problem with that is players burn out.

Yes but the two points are different

In a perfect world and Virg and Joe still fit then I'm sure he would have played, but in this world its difficult

But overall Jürgen isn't reluctant to throw players in, he just waits until he think they're ready for what he demands

I'm Kostas's situation the two aren't really related, he's just been another victim of the injury curse at cb
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #67: Apr 24, 2021 11:55:22 am
      This is what happens when you win a league and sign a lb for £10m.

Yes Robbo was £10m but this clearly isn't Robbo and we never just won the league when we signed him.

If you pay pennies you get penny sweets
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #68: Apr 24, 2021 12:40:50 pm
      This is what happens when you win a league and sign a lb for £10m.

Yes Robbo was £10m but this clearly isn't Robbo and we never just won the league when we signed him.

If you pay pennies you get penny sweets

How much should we pay for a back up left back then ? Is there a set figure or some catalogue that shows the price for each player ?

Quick Reply