Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Who's the best? Ronaldo or Messi.

Read 20449 times
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Re: Who's the best? Ronaldo or Messi.
      Reply #23: Aug 15, 2020 10:16:31 pm
      Messi by a mile and counting.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #24: Aug 16, 2020 12:59:33 am

Great analysis 😂
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #25: Aug 16, 2020 01:12:47 am
      Ronaldo for all the reasons you said, u Manc.

Now that's more then 1 word.  :action-smiley-055:
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #26: Aug 16, 2020 05:54:40 am
      To me Messi is a better footballer than Ronaldo. Messi is kinda of throwback player to more skillful and creative type player unlike Ronaldo is what modern footballer with pace and power.

I think Messi playing in a era where the game is more about pace and players were faster and stronger yet he puts up such insane stats and awards just speaks to how special and unique a talent he was.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #27: Aug 16, 2020 06:51:53 am
      Ronaldo for all the reasons you said, u Manc.

Now that's more then 1 word.  :action-smiley-055:

You never swore at me in your post. Orrrrrr dat nice.  :lmao: and no pictures either.  ;D  :clap: :holyshit: You've obviously got out the right side of bed this morning, or maybe nite in your case  ;D

Thank you my bestie  :D
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #28: Aug 16, 2020 11:23:28 am
      Think Messi is better, best of all time for me. Ronaldo is incredible and in a way you could say that he maybe deserves more respect than Messi, because he's worked, trained and slaved to get to where he is, whereas with Messi it's pretty easy to see that (although he's worked incredibly hard himself) he's just got that God-given talent & magic

I'd say they're probably the two greatest of all time. The consistency they've both shown for over a decade I don't think has been matched and probably won't be for some time at least
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #29: Aug 16, 2020 11:35:09 am
      Maradona was still better than the pair of them!
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #30: Aug 16, 2020 11:38:33 am
      Messi.

I see people argue Ronaldo is the more complete player but the fact Messi can be the goalscorer he is while continuously creating chances for other teammates is what sets him apart for me.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #31: Aug 16, 2020 12:06:14 pm
      Messi, best player I have ever seen
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #32: Aug 16, 2020 01:05:37 pm
      I think Ronaldo is edging it now.  He has done it in different teams.  Messi hasn't done enough for Argentina.  Still think Maradona was greater than Messi.   Sheer individual talent and ability Messi is the best of all time.  But for all time greatness there are more requirements in my books.   
      If a team had all world class players and I had to choose one player in history to make it a better team my vote would be for Zidane.  If I had a decent team not scattered with worldies it would be Maradona.   Both these players have unreal numbers and are fairly discussed as the greatest but not in my book.   But at this moment of time my vote goes to Ronaldo as long as he doesn't come back to Utd, ;D
      Kopite78
      Reply #33: Aug 16, 2020 01:23:54 pm
      Maradona was still better than the pair of them!

Agree with this

Then Messi
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34: Aug 16, 2020 04:12:49 pm
      No, I'm right. In a way people can argue about why they prefer Nadal over Federer, Borg over McEnroe but they can only justify it terms of achievement. It's bricklayers v artists, perfect robots v creative genius. People who prefer Ronaldo and the former in the examples given have bags of dust where there should be a soul.

You are so humble and open minded as well, BTW remind me of Messi's achievements with Argentina.
      Messi is also a lazy b***ard, not tracking back, not able to turn a game around. He's basically only good when his team is playing well whereas Ronaldo can pull his team along with him, similar to how Stevie G did.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #35: Aug 16, 2020 07:32:04 pm

So who's second best in the world?
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #36: Aug 16, 2020 10:21:31 pm
      You are so humble and open minded as well, BTW remind me of Messi's achievements with Argentina.
      Messi is also a lazy b***ard, not tracking back, not able to turn a game around. He's basically only good when his team is playing well whereas Ronaldo can pull his team along with him, similar to how Stevie G did.

What? Without Messi driving Barcelona we'd have won the first leg last season in the CL. Character is subject to perception bias, you say Messsi is lazy, I say he saves his energy at this later stage for the times he can inflict most damage. You claim Ronaldo pulls his team along with him, I say he is a self regarding, preening little bi*ch concerned only with his own records and reputation. When a teammate scores and there was a even a slight possibilty they could have given him the ball he stares at them likes they've shat in his pasta.
      Ronaldo is a goal scorer and little besides, apart from that early period at United where everyone criticised him for the show pony ineffectiveness, all those ridiculous step overs that went nowhere. He has nightmares about passing the ball in the opposing area. He takes every free kick despite such a tiny conversion stats even when there are players like Asensio in the team. Everyone around him is obliged to call him the best player in the world, afraid he'll tantrum his way out of the club because of the world famous delicacy of his ego.
      Compare him to Van Basten, Van Nistelroy, claim he's the best goal scorer who ever lived and I wouldn't care. Maybe he is. Just don't compare him to Messi who is so much more.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #37: Aug 16, 2020 10:57:15 pm
      Just don't compare him to Messi who is so much more.

Messi's one F***ing whinging tw*t when the game ain't going his way.

Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #38: Aug 16, 2020 11:28:08 pm
      Messi's one f**king whinging tw*t when the game ain't going his way.

Who isn't? Maybe Lineker? Is Klopp full of saintly perspective when we've lost?
      « Last Edit: Aug 16, 2020 11:33:14 pm by Isaac! »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #39: Aug 16, 2020 11:55:04 pm
      Who isn't? Maybe Lineker? Is Klopp full of saintly perspective when we've lost?

Doubt they’d stroll around looking like they couldn’t give a toss and as if they deserve better. Messi was a disgrace vs Bayern And played no better than anyone else, team leader he’s meant to be and he couldn’t even pick his head up to try and motivate his team.
      « Last Edit: Aug 17, 2020 12:00:54 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #40: Aug 17, 2020 05:10:25 am
      Messi's one f**king whinging tw*t when the game ain't going his way.

Still one of my fave pics of all time!

TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #41: Aug 17, 2020 11:04:18 am
      Messi is also a lazy b***ard, not tracking back, not able to turn a game around.

Messi can't turn a game around? F**k me I've heard it all now! 😂

And in terms of not tracking back, have you watched Ronaldo play in the last 5 or 6 years? The fella is infamous for not getting involved in defensive duties. Constantly holds his position so he can conserve his energy & attack in bursts
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #42: Aug 17, 2020 11:18:11 am
      Some very reactionary opinions on here. I bet most of the people painting Messi as some sort of lazy sulker have probably watched him play 3 times in the last few years (the other night and when we met Barcelona in the Champions League). I've seen Ronaldo mope around & throw tantrums on the pitch countless times. But he didn't do that on the telly recently, so it's allowed the goldfish to completely rewrite history
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #43: Aug 17, 2020 03:54:00 pm
      Still one of my fave pics of all time!

Ok, that sideline banner is hilarious when you take into account Messi isn't much taller than a child.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #44: Aug 17, 2020 05:40:50 pm
      What? Without Messi driving Barcelona we'd have won the first leg last season in the CL. Character is subject to perception bias, you say Messsi is lazy, I say he saves his energy at this later stage for the times he can inflict most damage. You claim Ronaldo pulls his team along with him, I say he is a self regarding, preening little bi*ch concerned only with his own records and reputation. When a teammate scores and there was a even a slight possibilty they could have given him the ball he stares at them likes they've shat in his pasta.
      Ronaldo is a goal scorer and little besides, apart from that early period at United where everyone criticised him for the show pony ineffectiveness, all those ridiculous step overs that went nowhere. He has nightmares about passing the ball in the opposing area. He takes every free kick despite such a tiny conversion stats even when there are players like Asensio in the team. Everyone around him is obliged to call him the best player in the world, afraid he'll tantrum his way out of the club because of the world famous delicacy of his ego.
      Compare him to Van Basten, Van Nistelroy, claim he's the best goal scorer who ever lived and I wouldn't care. Maybe he is. Just don't compare him to Messi who is so much more.

How is Messi infinitely better than Ronaldo, do you have any stats to back that statement up? I guess it won't be international stats or anything outside of La Liga?
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #45: Aug 17, 2020 06:12:41 pm
      This may sound a little churlish on my part but when asked who is the better between Ronaldo and Messi my reaction is Who cares?
      If there was a chance we could sign one of them next season, but only one then I might join a debate into which one fits our needs.
      But just as an academic exercise I don’t see the point and given the amount of awards and accolades they have between them I doubt they care about the opinion of a Liverpool fan forum either.

Quick Reply