Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Who's the best? Ronaldo or Messi.

Read 20467 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Who's the best? Ronaldo or Messi.
      Reply #46: Aug 17, 2020 06:43:32 pm
      This may sound a little churlish on my part but when asked who is the better between Ronaldo and Messi my reaction is Who cares?
      If there was a chance we could sign one of them next season, but only one then I might join a debate into which one fits our needs.
      But just as an academic exercise I don’t see the point and given the amount of awards and accolades they have between them I doubt they care about the opinion of a Liverpool fan forum either.

Your right! It is a little churlish from your part.  It's a football forum where we talk about everything and nothing, be it politics, snooker, horse, F1, members, greyhounds, boxing etc etc etc. Need I really go on  :f_doh:

If you don't want to partake don't, no one holding a gun to you head. For what's it's worth, in case you've forgotten ? We're on a football forum anyway with plenty of members enjoying the debate.

F**k sake  :f_doh:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #47: Aug 17, 2020 06:58:17 pm
      This may sound a little churlish on my part but when asked who is the better between Ronaldo and Messi my reaction is Who cares?
      If there was a chance we could sign one of them next season, but only one then I might join a debate into which one fits our needs.
      But just as an academic exercise I don’t see the point and given the amount of awards and accolades they have between them I doubt they care about the opinion of a Liverpool fan forum either.

So basically you are saying it’s as pointless as this post you’ve done?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #48: Aug 17, 2020 07:06:13 pm
      It’s very close and a lot of it will come down to personal opinion

I had to pick one at their prime to play in the Liverpool team then it would be Messi , I think he can integrate himself better into a team environment

Ronaldo would suit a club that want to make him the sole focus

Messi imo is the more naturally skillfull and talented of the two players but Ronaldo has prob got more out of his talent
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #49: Aug 17, 2020 07:12:28 pm

I had to pick one at their prime to play in the Liverpool team then it would be Messi , I think he can integrate himself better into a team environment

Messi imo is the more naturally skillfull and talented of the two players but Ronaldo has prob got more out of his talent

Id agree with the fact he's more skill full than Ronaldo and yes out of the two he would sit in your side better. I read today in the usual bullshit media Messi now wants out. Would be great to see him in the Premier league
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #50: Aug 17, 2020 07:33:26 pm

There is no way that Messi would fit into Klopp's team, the lad hardly ever tracks back, he's lazy. I would much rather have Ronaldo, his work rate is far higher than Messi and I genuinely feel he's more of a team player, ie Klopp type player, despite being a bit of a tw*t.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #51: Aug 17, 2020 07:45:37 pm
      I would much rather have Ronaldo, his work rate is far higher than Messi and I genuinely feel he's more of a team player, ie Klopp type player, despite being a bit of a tw*t.

Is that because he's a ex Manc.  ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #52: Aug 17, 2020 09:50:06 pm
      Who isn't? Maybe Lineker? Is Klopp full of saintly perspective when we've lost?

Well F**k off and support Messi then!!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #53: Aug 17, 2020 09:54:30 pm

Actually the fact he's excelled in multiple leagues, incl premiership, would be another plus.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #54: Aug 17, 2020 10:41:57 pm
      Some very reactionary opinions on here. I bet most of the people painting Messi as some sort of lazy sulker have probably watched him play 3 times in the last few years (the other night and when we met Barcelona in the Champions League). I've seen Ronaldo mope around & throw tantrums on the pitch countless times. But he didn't do that on the telly recently, so it's allowed the goldfish to completely rewrite history

Ronaldo gets mad when his own teammates score instead of him, go figure.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #55: Aug 17, 2020 10:57:52 pm
      Ronaldo gets mad when his own teammates score instead of him, go figure.

Exactly, it's such a Manc stance to support Ronaldo. What happened to the Liverpool mentality of " no player is bigger than the club." It's really F***ing depressing to read any positive comment for this rancid c**t on a Liverpool board.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #56: Aug 17, 2020 11:17:32 pm
      Exactly, it's such a Manc stance to support Ronaldo. What happened to the Liverpool mentality of " no player is bigger than the club." It's really f**king depressing to read any positive comment for this rancid c**t on a Liverpool board.

Nothing wrong with giving him credit for his ability, he's an exceptional player like. It's a proper Everton mentality to not be able to compliment a player just because he used to play for United

That said, Messi is, was, and always will be better
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #57: Aug 17, 2020 11:26:17 pm
      Nothing wrong with giving him credit for his ability, he's an exceptional player like. It's a proper Everton mentality to not be able to compliment a player just because he used to play for United

Yeah, I can do that. He's a great goal scorer. He's a toxic team player. Liverpool's history and present is all about team players. The Mancs have had a long history of idolising individual talent, we have more form for idolising great managers who bring talent together to form something better than the individual parts.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #58: Aug 17, 2020 11:34:10 pm
      Liverpool's history and present is all about team players. The Mancs have had a long history of idolising individual talent, we have more form for idolising great managers who bring talent together to form something better than the individual parts.

Don't know what you're on about there. We idolise Shankly and Paisley the same way United idolise Ferguson & Busby

We idolise Kenny like United idolise Best. We loved (and still love) Suarez who was an absolute gobs***e mercenary

Are you saying that we wouldn't idolise Ronaldo if he played for us and achieved the things he did for United at Liverpool?
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #59: Aug 17, 2020 11:50:51 pm
      Don't know what you're on about there. We idolise Shankly and Paisley the same way United idolise Ferguson & Busby

We idolise Kenny like United idolise Best. We loved (and still love) Suarez who was an absolute gobs***e mercenary

Are you saying that we wouldn't idolise Ronaldo if he played for us and achieved the things he did for United at Liverpool?

I'm contrasting Ronaldo ( who cares only about his own goals and record) and Messi who is as happy to assist as score ie team player.

I don't think we do idolise Suarez. He had the greatest single season I've ever seen, but he isn't regarded with legendary status because he didn't do it for long enough and in retrospect has shown he was motivated only to get a big move.

Kenny isn't idolised only for his playing ability, but for his role in the Hillsborough disaster, his dignity and gravitas. That's my take anyway.

Of course we care about and celebrate great players, but it's not like them. They think throwing vast sums of cash and buying sparklers is more important than unity, understanding, team ethic etc. We're not Real Madrid, the Mancs are/were wannabee Real Madrid lites.
      « Last Edit: Aug 17, 2020 11:57:43 pm by Isaac! »
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #60: Aug 18, 2020 02:02:44 am
      Both great players we will never see again 2 players fighting it out for so long the stats they put in year after year is so amazing, if i had to pick its going to be Ronaldo he fights he pushes he team mates to the very end of the game he is a leader a captain which messi lacks a lot of.
      https://images.app.goo.gl/RnAM2RoJQC5zXQob9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=12&v=kVpMbokU06E&feature=emb_logo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnespGAwP_Q&feature=emb_logo
      « Last Edit: Aug 18, 2020 02:13:27 am by verde-rubro »
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #61: Aug 18, 2020 02:14:43 am
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #62: Aug 18, 2020 08:50:03 am
      Both great players we will never see again 2 players fighting it out for so long the stats they put in year after year is so amazing, if i had to pick its going to be Ronaldo he fights he pushes he team mates to the very end of the game he is a leader a captain which messi lacks a lot of.

Never seen this video before. He can certainly motivate his players, staff and even the cleaning lady. Nothing selfish about that. As for the ones who say he's selfish on the pitch you only need to look at his goals, ability, composure and the fact his team mate want him to have the ball for those very reasons he knows where the net is.

For those that don't think this is the case and have Messi No1 that's ok too, it's a opinion. However, what we can certainly say (( unless your completely biased )) is that these two players have been No1 & No2 in the world for over a decade between them, a feat that will probably never happen again in our life time.

Weird isn't it, allegedly miles apart!!!! by some.  :lmao:

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #63: Aug 18, 2020 08:55:03 am
      Your right! It is a little churlish from your part.  It's a football forum where we talk about everything and nothing, be it politics, snooker, horse, F1, members, greyhounds, boxing etc etc etc. Need I really go on  :f_doh:

If you don't want to partake don't, no one holding a gun to you head. For what's it's worth, in case you've forgotten ? We're on a football forum anyway with plenty of members enjoying the debate.

F**k sake  :f_doh:

Well said Keith, oh and btw, it’s your f***in fault ya Manc c**t for getting us all started, arguing amongst ourselves......maybe that’s what your aim is, the enemy within, kinda like what Thatcher did to split the Miners....I know your game pal, it won’t f***in work, you may as well come out of yer closet, If you can’t beat them join them, isn’t that what they say ?   ;)  :f_whistle:

Y  N  W  A
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #64: Aug 18, 2020 09:21:18 am
      Exactly, it's such a Manc stance to support Ronaldo. What happened to the Liverpool mentality of " no player is bigger than the club." It's really f**king depressing to read any positive comment for this rancid c**t on a Liverpool board.

yet you idolise Messi, another sulking egomaniac, go figure, ah he never played for Man Utd, I get it now! What will your opinion of him be if he signs for City though?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #65: Aug 18, 2020 09:22:10 am

why is Messi better, can you try to break it down, stats might help, or is it purely subjective?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #66: Aug 18, 2020 09:23:39 am

Well said Keith, oh and btw, it’s your f***in fault ya Manc c**t for getting us all started, arguing amongst ourselves......maybe that’s what your aim is, the enemy within, kinda like what Thatcher did to split the Miners....I know your game pal, it won’t f***in work, you may as well come out of yer closet, If you can’t beat them join them, isn’t that what they say ?   ;)  :f_whistle:

Y  N  W  A

What do you mean won't work? It already has.  ;D You lads will be knocking yourselves next time you meet in the pub.  :lmao:

The closet door got a padlock on and you Scouse fuckers have thrown the key away  :lmao:

I need heimdall to get the bolt cutters out, that will wum you lads up if he does.  ;D Come on heimdall you know you want too  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #67: Aug 18, 2020 09:28:20 am
      why is Messi better, can you try to break it down, stats might help, or is it purely subjective?

Man I'm glad you never asked me that as I'd have a essay on the pair of them.  :lmao:  Let's just say their No1 & No2 in the world. It's not debatable though Apparantly  ;D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #68: Aug 18, 2020 09:28:50 am

and that there is why i think Ronaldo is the best, he led Portugal to that victory, he is more of a leader than Messi is.

Anyway enough of all this, they are both superb football players, some favour Messi and some favour Ronaldo, I can see arguments for both, but what an honour to have witnessed this era of two great players.

Quick Reply