Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Who's the best? Ronaldo or Messi.

Read 20485 times
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Re: Who's the best? Ronaldo or Messi.
      Reply #115: Dec 06, 2021 01:06:29 pm
      When some say not a debate trust me it’s coz he’s at United. It’s unquestionably these two have been the best for the last 10/15 years and those that don’t think this  wear rose tints.

And I’ve said that Ronaldo is brilliant and yes I’d agree he’s in the top two certainly of the last 10-15 years…
      It’s just he’s second behind Messi

Nothing to do with rose tinted glasses or that he plays for utd

If Messi played for utd, I’d still stay it’s Messi as he’s the better player
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #116: Dec 06, 2021 01:13:09 pm
      When some say not a debate trust me it’s coz he’s at United. It’s unquestionably these two have been the best for the last 10/15 years and those that don’t think this  wear rose tints.

Bollocks! Those with eyes have known for 15 years that Messi is the far superior player. I don't give a F**k that Ronaldo plays for United. In fact I like it, he makes you worse and holds up the development of your young attackers.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #117: Dec 06, 2021 01:24:55 pm
      At the end of the day, it all comes down to whatever you consider to be the most important. Natural talent or hard work. It's pretty clear Messi had more natural talent, but Ronaldo worked his ass off to catch up.
      Who made the most of their abilities? Hard to say, really.

One thing that goes against Messi is that he's incapable of lifting his teammates. When things do not go his way, he tends to go missing (as we saw in the 4-0 against us).
      Ronaldo on the other hand can transcend his teammates. Portugal would have never won the Euros without him encouraging them from the bench in the final.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #118: Dec 06, 2021 01:36:57 pm
      At the end of the day, it all comes down to whatever you consider to be the most important. Natural talent or hard work. It's pretty clear Messi had more natural talent, but Ronaldo worked his ass off to catch up.
      Who made the most of their abilities? Hard to say, really.

One thing that goes against Messi is that he's incapable of lifting his teammates. When things do not go his way, he tends to go missing (as we saw in the 4-0 against us).
      Ronaldo on the other hand can transcend his teammates. Portugal would have never won the Euros without him encouraging them from the bench in the final.

Pretty much this, I said it a couple pages back. One was born to be the best, the other worked to be the best, so it's impossible to compare them and there will never be a definite answer. I do believe in the long run, in say, 50 years times, more people will be watching compilations of Messi then they will Ronaldo and  thus regarding him as the best ever.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #119: Dec 06, 2021 02:24:51 pm
      Bollocks! Those with eyes have known for 15 years that Messi is the far superior player. I don't give a f**k that Ronaldo plays for United. In fact I like it, he makes you worse and holds up the development of your young attackers.

Those that have eyes dispute hence why many say they were the best for 10/15 years
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #120: Dec 06, 2021 02:29:14 pm
      I would take either Ronaldinho or Maradona before either player

Maradona imo is the best that’s been
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #121: Dec 06, 2021 02:35:36 pm
      I would take either Ronaldinho or Maradona before either player

Maradona imo is the best that’s been

It would be really interesting to see Maradona and Pele play today with the extra protection.

Too young to have got to see Pele, Cruyff, Best in the flesh and probably too young to have truly appreciated what Dalglish, Platini,Zico, Socrates and Michael Laudrup done on a pitch
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #122: Dec 06, 2021 02:52:27 pm
      It would be really interesting to see Maradona and Pele play today with the extra protection.

Too young to have got to see Pele, Cruyff, Best in the flesh and probably too young to have truly appreciated what Dalglish, Platini,Zico, Socrates and Michael Laudrup done on a pitch

They did nothing but kick Maradona and he still got past them -

Kenny was supreme on the ball
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #123: Dec 06, 2021 04:04:12 pm

Fair shout. He was just a magician with the ball. And it always looked so effortless.
      Was he a better player than Messi or Ronaldo? Probably not, but he's the kind of player that makes people fall in love with football. I mean... how many Barca players got a standing ovation at the Bernabeu?
      citylightsroll
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #124: Jan 15, 2022 04:25:31 pm
      Messi messi messi
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #125: Jan 16, 2022 06:00:45 pm

Salah, Salah, Salah!!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #126: Jan 16, 2022 06:14:16 pm
      Origi
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #127: Jan 17, 2022 09:00:53 pm
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #128: Jan 17, 2022 11:22:56 pm
      This might go on for some time..becoming a post pub thread.
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #129: Jan 18, 2022 07:48:14 am
      This might go on for some time..becoming a post pub thread.

Depends how you view the game

Messi is a natural footballer, Ronaldo is an athlete who has worked hard to become a very effective footballer

Best footballer though? Messi every day all day
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #130: Jan 18, 2022 10:30:11 am
      Depends how you view the game

Messi is a natural footballer, Ronaldo is an athlete who has worked hard to become a very effective footballer

Best footballer though? Messi every day all day

Great point.

Messi is by far and away the more naturally gifted bit you can't take it away from Ronaldo, no matter how much of and arse he is.

Made himself the ultimate footballer pretty much who could play multiple roles, heading, passing dribbling. An unreal athlete as well so can see why anyone would say he's the best.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #131: Jan 18, 2022 12:46:26 pm

Messi is by far  and away the more naturally gifted bit you can't take it away from Ronaldo, no matter how much of and arse he is.

Made himself the ultimate footballer pretty much who could play multiple roles, heading, passing dribbling. An unreal athlete as well so can see why anyone would say he's the best.

I’ve always been of the opinion because Ronaldo a manc you’ll naturally get rival fans always siding with Messi regardless of the facts which you quite rightly point out. Fortunately you don’t wear rose tints Si  ;D

My take is this, if you ask me who’s the most natural gifted player in the world it’s Messi everyday. He doesn’t have to work for it, he was born with such incredible talent.

Ask me who’s the most gifted athlete in football it’s Ronaldo and not even Messi comes close to it. The fact that Ronaldo has had to work at who many thinks he’s the best player in the world it’s why so many give him the vote.

His work regime/diet controll/exercise etc etc there’s arguably no one can touch him. His next birthday is 37.  :o :o and still fighting with the best in world football. I think I read somewhere this season he’s scored 14 goals in 21 starts, you won’t find another player in world football for his age doing this.

Let’s not forget Messi has never played in the hardest league in football (( any of you anti Ronaldo fans dispute that? )  Had Messi played in our league I’m pretty show his goal tally would be a lot less. Fans forget this, that or they keep the rose tints on.  ;D

Let the fight continue who is, was the best. I’m more than happy a Man Utd player goes down in the history books in many fans/peoples eyes as the greatest of all time. Fcuk the hand of god, cheating tw@t
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #132: Jan 18, 2022 12:53:24 pm
      I’ve always been of the opinion because Ronaldo a manc you’ll naturally get rival fans always siding with Messi regardless of the facts which you quite rightly point out. Fortunately you don’t wear rose tints Si  ;D

My take is this, if you ask me who’s the most natural gifted player in the world it’s Messi everyday. He doesn’t have to work for it, he was born with such incredible talent.

Ask me who’s the most gifted athlete in football it’s Ronaldo and not even Messi comes close to it. The fact that Ronaldo has had to work at who many thinks he’s the best player in the world it’s why so many give him the vote.

His work regime/diet controll/exercise etc etc there’s arguably no one can touch him. His next birthday is 37.  :o :o and still fighting with the best in world football. I think I read somewhere this season he’s scored 14 goals in 21 starts, you won’t find another player in world football for his age doing this.

Let’s not forget Messi has never played in the hardest league in football (( any of you anti Ronaldo fans dispute that? )  Had Messi played in our league I’m pretty show his goal tally would be a lot less. Fans forget this, that or they keep the rose tints on.  ;D

Let the fight continue who is, was the best. I’m more than happy a Man Utd player goes down in the history books in many fans/peoples eyes as the greatest of all time. Fcuk the hand of god, cheating tw@t

Don't get me wrong Keith.

Neither are the best ever for me.

That goes to a certain  Diego Armando.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #133: Jan 18, 2022 12:56:54 pm

I struggle to forgive and forget what he did against us in the world club so I keep my blinkers on, you could call them rose tints if you want.  ;D
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #134: Jan 18, 2022 01:10:01 pm
      Didn't Ronaldo get Rooney sent off in major knock out match?
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1634 
      Reply #135: Jan 18, 2022 01:21:59 pm

Was just going to say that with his silly little wink . w**ker can't stand him
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #136: Jan 18, 2022 01:22:33 pm

Yeah think it was the England v Portugal game.

Edited  :lmao:
      « Last Edit: Jan 18, 2022 01:47:41 pm by Keith Singleton »
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #137: Jan 18, 2022 01:36:49 pm

That’s literally no different to what I said Keith, nothing to do with rose tinted glasses

Agree, Maradonna best for me out of all three of them

Yeah think it was the England v Poland game.

Ronaldo play for Poland back then did he?
      Man of many talents 😀

Quick Reply