Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Premier League Fixtures 2020/21

Read 4520 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Re: Premier League Fixtures 2020/21
      Reply #23: Aug 20, 2020 02:55:03 pm
      But were talking about the Premier league and if you have a weekend with say 18  games and an average attendance of 29,000..500k plus all the peripheral stuff. Have to limit the crowds to say 10,000...nah I can't see it happening. Answer is we just don't know how bad it will get in the winter. We have to go through this first winter first IMO before we start really taking the shackles off.

I’m pretty sure there are winters happening around the globe as we speak mate and as far as in aware there isn’t a great deal of difference or any particular acceleration of infection rate. Fans will be back in sine capacity before December imo
      Kopite78
      Reply #24: Aug 20, 2020 02:55:38 pm
      But were talking about the Premier league and if you have a weekend with say 18  games and an average attendance of 29,000..500k plus all the peripheral stuff. Have to limit the crowds to say 10,000...nah I can't see it happening. Answer is we just don't know how bad it will get in the winter. We have to go through this first winter first IMO before we start really taking the shackles off.

Country and the game will be crippled

Tests will start with lower leagues and then be rolled out. I have a cousin who is a season ticket holder at a league 2 club and he has brought his already and the idea they will be in the ground in October. They were sent detailed plans on how it would happen which just need finalising

Gates will be dependent on the size of the grounds not an average
      No away fans, fans spread all around the 4 sides, one row sold the next not, spaces of 3 seats between groups
      Designated roll outs for each section to leave

No way we lockdown again or dont reintroduce fans

Anfield I'd image willie limited initially to around 15000-18000
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #25: Aug 20, 2020 03:05:01 pm
      Country and the game will be crippled

Tests will start with lower leagues and then be rolled out. I have a cousin who is a season ticket holder at a league 2 club and he has brought his already and the idea they will be in the ground in October. They were sent detailed plans on how it would happen which just need finalising

Gates will be dependent on the size of the grounds not an average
      No away fans, fans spread all around the 4 sides, one row sold the next not, spaces of 3 seats between groups
      Designated roll outs for each section to leave

No way we lockdown again or dont reintroduce fans

Anfield I'd image willie limited initially to around 15000-18000

My post should've read 9 home games..

But yes I'd love to see the crowds back.We'll suffer because of our great supoort. Kicking into the Kop has always been a huge plus for us because of the crowd, the atmophere..the pull but I just can't see it happening this season. As I said it's an unknown and I just can't see the Government taking a chance.They've made so many mistakes that has cost so many I would think they will er on the side of caution.
      Kopite78
      Reply #26: Aug 20, 2020 03:06:44 pm
      My post should've read 9 home games..

But yes I'd love to see the crowds back.We'll suffer because of our great supoort. Kicking into the Kop has always been a huge plus for us because of the crowd, the atmophere..the pull but I just can't see it happening this season. As I said it's an unknown and I just can't see the Government taking a chance.They've made so many mistakes that has cost so many I would think they will er on the side of caution.

A financial meltdown, a crippled economy and the national sport being in the toilet wont be good PR either

Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #27: Aug 20, 2020 03:09:40 pm
      A financial meltdown, a crippled economy and the national sport being in the toilet wont be good PR either

I know. And it might happen. They will, as you say, trial it in the lower leagues. Bad for everything if they don't.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #28: Aug 20, 2020 03:10:47 pm
      Don’t like the idea of that Everton game being the first one with crowds back in potentially!

I’m more worried that it follows an international break. We usually struggle coming out of those.

Kopite78
      Reply #29: Aug 20, 2020 03:12:05 pm
      I’m more worried that it follows an international break. We usually struggle coming out of those.

Theres an international break?
      F***ing hell, if one good thing has come out of it there hasnt been sh*te international football but it's coming back?

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #30: Aug 20, 2020 03:17:40 pm
      I can see the lock out lasting all season. It's the only way. The virus will circulate more in the winter months, so I just can't see any change. In fact I expect to see plenty of games postboned due to clubs reporting positive cases. Could easily throw the season into some difficulty.

Nobody really knows if we'll get thru the winter without another major lockdown. If it happens football will be effected.

Disagree. There’s no reason to think it will be worse in the winter. I think there will be fans back in stadiums over in England by October. November at the latest. Just my opinion.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #31: Aug 20, 2020 03:33:09 pm
      I can see the lock out lasting all season. It's the only way. The virus will circulate more in the winter months, so I just can't see any change. In fact I expect to see plenty of games postboned due to clubs reporting positive cases. Could easily throw the season into some difficulty.

Nobody really knows if we'll get thru the winter without another major lockdown. If it happens football will be effected.

Nonsense, there are hardly any deaths now and the risk to anyone under the age of 60 is close to zero. How many games were cancelled after the restart in any league??
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #32: Aug 20, 2020 03:43:47 pm
      No politics please, but what does it look like in UK re fans being allowed into stadiums?

How soon, like.

Probably in year of our second Lord 3121 if Boris has anything to do with, keep wearing the mask, fuckers !
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #33: Aug 20, 2020 03:56:01 pm
      Don’t like the idea of that Everton game being the first one with crowds back in potentially!

why? it will be a draw anyway, almost always is.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #34: Aug 20, 2020 04:22:44 pm
      Theres an international break?
      F***ing hell, if one good thing has come out of it there hasnt been sh*te international football but it's coming back?

FIFA isn't going to lose its World Cup TV money. Have to get the qualifiers played.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #35: Aug 20, 2020 04:43:30 pm
      Predicted we'd get Leeds away first up but home is better. Happy to see Leeds back in the Prem.Had some battles with them before they lost the plot.Should be a good opener.

Would of been better with a crowd mate.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #36: Aug 20, 2020 06:05:28 pm
      Disagree. There’s no reason to think it will be worse in the winter. I think there will be fans back in stadiums over in England by October. November at the latest. Just my opinion.

Well cold and the flu are much more prevalent in the winter months, so there is good reason to think it will be worse in the winter. If it stays at the levels it's at now with the odd flare up, then a controlled return will probably be possible. It would obviously need very close monitoring. But i'm not convinced it will stay at the same level. It's an unknown quantity in many respects.So we'll see.

Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #37: Aug 20, 2020 06:11:41 pm
      Would of been better with a crowd mate.

To true.I was there at home when they clinched the first div championship..'69 I think it was, we applauded them off the pitch. Eddie Gray was my favourite Leeds player. United have had some battles with them as well.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #38: Aug 20, 2020 07:18:53 pm
      To true.I was there at home when they clinched the first div championship..'69 I think it was, we applauded them off the pitch. Eddie Gray was my favourite Leeds player. United have had some battles with them as well.

Norman Hunter was mine God rest his soul. Such a beast and reminds me of Keane & Souness.  ;D Leeds are probably the only team I'd struggle with to clap them of the pitch, more like behind their F***ing ears  :lmao:
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #39: Aug 20, 2020 08:35:44 pm
      Quote from JD
      Promoted team at Anfield first game.  Second home game v Arsenal.  Same as last year.  Fingers crossed we get the same results.

Bit odd that we start and end at home.

As for the West Ham trip....

Last time we started and finished at home was 2018/19. It's rare enough but it's usually a sign of a good season to come. Home advantage is gold dust on the final day if a result is needed. The mancs are off to Wolves. I definitely wouldn't want that on the final day in any circumstances.

The fixture list is better than last season, but there are still some banana skins in there. Leeds and the mancs away back to back in the run in is one. Arsenal away in April is another, while Burnley as our last away game is not ideal in the event of a tight title race. And the players will have lots of travel to do during the Christmas period.

Chelsea and Everton away early on is the best time to go there. It's the first year we've gone to Everton before Christmas since 2016. City away is our 8th game of the season, and an early chance to send out a strong statement of what we're looking for, which is to equal the title record. It could even happen in the mancs backyard in May. But any way of winning No. 20 will do.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #40: Aug 20, 2020 08:54:24 pm
      Been in full gloat mode since we clinched it. The Klopp phone call at 3 o'clock in the morning to the Old Soak was an absolute classic and now it all kicks off in just a few weeks. Haven't really had me cricket fix this year because of the virus or played any golf and now it's back to the big issue again.

Feels as if the boss and the team haven't got any lingering hangover or come down blues so we can go against Leeds with a clear head. Still want us to freshen up at the coal face. Maybe the Boss has something up his sleeve..hope so.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #41: Aug 20, 2020 09:52:43 pm
      As for the West Ham trip....

Last time we started and finished at home was 2018/19. It's rare enough but it's usually a sign of a good season to come. Home advantage is gold dust on the final day if a result is needed. The mancs are off to Wolves. I definitely wouldn't want that on the final day in any circumstances.

The fixture list is better than last season, but there are still some banana skins in there. Leeds and the mancs away back to back in the run in is one. Arsenal away in April is another, while Burnley as our last away game is not ideal in the event of a tight title race. And the players will have lots of travel to do during the Christmas period.

Chelsea and Everton away early on is the best time to go there. It's the first year we've gone to Everton before Christmas since 2016. City away is our 8th game of the season, and an early chance to send out a strong statement of what we're looking for, which is to equal the title record. It could even happen in the mancs backyard in May. But any way of winning No. 20 will do.

Don’t know what your worried about bruv it will all be over by Xmas, again 😂 😂 😂 😂

Y  N  W  A

Quick Reply