Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Reds to play friendlies against Stuttgart, Salzburg & Blackpool.

Read 16709 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Reds to play friendlies against Stuttgart and Salzburg
      Reply #46: Aug 22, 2020 06:17:45 pm
      Is that milly trying not to pronounce his surname ?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #47: Aug 22, 2020 06:26:45 pm
      Brewsterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rr
      gopher
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,487 posts | 136 
      Reply #48: Aug 22, 2020 06:27:22 pm
      3-0 tap Brewster
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #49: Aug 22, 2020 06:27:38 pm
      Good work from Grujic in the buildup, along with Milner.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #50: Aug 22, 2020 06:28:02 pm
      Van Den Berg, who looked awful to be honest, subbed off for Koumetio now.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #51: Aug 22, 2020 06:30:10 pm
      Van Den Berg, who looked awful to be honest, subbed off for Koumetio now.

Think our scouts had a bit of a mare with Sepp!
      gopher
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,487 posts | 136 
      Reply #52: Aug 22, 2020 06:33:42 pm
      Save by Adrian, well done
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1633 
      Reply #53: Aug 22, 2020 06:37:19 pm
      Think our scouts had a bit of a mare with Sepp!

Young lad and all but not been impressed since the start with him
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #54: Aug 22, 2020 06:50:39 pm
      Young lad and all but not been impressed since the start with him

I think tonight he touched the ball three times and gave it away on each occasion.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #55: Aug 22, 2020 06:58:12 pm
      Good run out for the squad, couple of stand outs, Curtis, Naby, Mane first half, Minamino, Grujic, Koumetio 2nd,
      We weren’t tested at all but for a first pre-season warm up it was decent and got rid of some rust, pitch was dodgy considering the rain, probably just about playable, overall we looked good with some sharp passing & link up play, good to see the boys back playing.

Y  N  W  A
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #56: Aug 22, 2020 06:59:14 pm
      3-0 full time.

First Half XI
      Alisson: Looked majestic between the sticks. I think he took a goal kick at one point.
      Neco: Reliable. Not too adventurous in attack but steady in defence.
      Virgil: The usual.
      Gomez: Very strong in snuffing out a few Stuttgart counters.
      Robbo: Got forward regularly. Crossing a bit off but also had a hard shot that sailed just wide.
      Fab: Steady in the middle but did get victimized by the heavy pitch on one occasion to cost possession.
      Keita: Continuing his upward trend as far as performances, including a goal.
      Jones: Another strong performance on both ends of the park.
      Salah: Active, not the sharpest.
      Bobby: The Bobby we know and love, and a goal as well.
      Sadio: Timing a bit off, but his dynamism is always welcome.

2nd Half:
      Adrian: Made a few good saves to bail out his young defenders.
      Hoever: Showed promise going forward but took a heavy knock and looked to be struggling at full time.
      Phillips: OK, but gave it away in his own end once.
      Van Den Berg: Noticeably bad. Sorry, but it's true.
      Tsimikas: More conservative. Defended alright.
      Milner: As industrious and vocal as you would expect.
      Gini: Alright but the midfield got bypassed a bit in the 2nd half.
      Grujic: I thought did a lot of things well, but missed a good scoring chance off a corner. Works on defence.
      Elliott: Mostly quiet but he's definitely got something extra when it comes to attacking play. I think we'll see more of him this season.
      Brewster: Had some good moments, especially in scoring. His positioning in the 18 is quite good.
      Minamino: Very active and hopefully progressing into our team and system.

Koumetio: Such a good athlete and a giant. This was very promising. If Billy, Sepp and Nat are fighting for that 4th center back position, Billy is in the lead.

Hopefully no serious injuries (Hoever looked a bit iffy with a rolled ankle). Jürgen says training a couple of days and then Salzburg Tuesday.
      Ryreb
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 118 posts | 24 
      Reply #57: Aug 22, 2020 07:13:27 pm
      You can tell Minamino is getting used to this brand of football.  When he first arrived he would get bullied and throw off balance with ease.  That was not the case today.  Let’s hope that’s a sign of things to come.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #58: Aug 22, 2020 07:14:13 pm
      The streams were so sh*te I missed almost all the first half, so subscribed to LFC for a month. Minamino impressed in the second half, and I'm bloody impressed with Koumetio - a giant with excellent passing ability and so calm.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #59: Aug 22, 2020 07:15:59 pm
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #60: Aug 22, 2020 07:18:26 pm
      You can tell Minamino is getting used to this brand of football.  When he first arrived he would get bullied and throw off balance with ease.

They've all taken a bit of time - even Fabinho did.  Got to give a lot of new signings a good 6-12 months, defintely the ones from abroad but also some from other English sides.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #61: Aug 22, 2020 08:42:34 pm

What would you like me to say then ?

Oh, I don’t like the look of that Curtis Jones fella, he’s too young to be playing alongside Bobby, Mane, or Salah,  Klopp shouldn’t play young lads like him, he should go and shell out f***in millions on someone more experienced and hope he fits in, f**k off pal , that’s what Maureen would do, f**k the development  of kids spending millions is much better, tw*t !

Y  N  W  A

More like.. it's 1st preseason game and you're getting overly excited and claiming this shows we don't need to strengthen the team.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #62: Aug 22, 2020 09:29:14 pm
      More like.. it's 1st preseason game and you're getting overly excited and claiming this shows we don't need to strengthen the team.

Im not overly excited at all just telling it how it is, I see a young player with lots of potential that in my opinion will slot in comfortably in midfield that will probably save the club millions if we had to go looking,

Now ask yourself this...Why has Jürgen given him playing time  in the last games of last season and has him playing in the first games of this, he obviously likes what he sees and trusts young Curtis to do a job when asked, he clearly rates him and knows he can deliver,

You on the other hand don’t have a f***in clue and obviously don’t see what the majority of forum members see that Klopp likes to promote from the academy hence we are starting to see the likes of Curtis, Neco, Harvey, etc,

Give yer head a wobble lad, just after you smell the coffee, this is the Klopp era, this is him showing that he has faith in all of his squad and sending a positive message to those youngsters at the academy that if you work hard, keep your head down you will get a chance.

Y  N  W  A
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #63: Aug 22, 2020 09:31:41 pm
      I thought Kostas looked decent for his first game, he'll be good back up for Robertson
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #64: Aug 22, 2020 10:39:33 pm
      Camera angle aside, a decent watch. Difficult pitch and weather but good minutes for everyone.

Jones in the first half and Minamino in the second stood out for me. Some good flashes of quality from the likes of Elliott and Keita too.

Got to say we've got an exciting bunch of kids coming through now. Not saying they'll all make it here but you have a look at who we've got and with Williams, Hoever, Koumetio, Jones, Elliott, Brewster here it's hard not to get a bit excited.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #65: Aug 22, 2020 11:25:47 pm

Im not overly excited at all just telling it how it is, I see a young player with lots of potential that in my opinion will slot in comfortably in midfield that will probably save the club millions if we had to go looking,

Now ask yourself this...Why has Jürgen given him playing time  in the last games of last season and has him playing in the first games of this, he obviously likes what he sees and trusts young Curtis to do a job when asked, he clearly rates him and knows he can deliver,

You on the other hand don’t have a f***in clue and obviously don’t see what the majority of forum members see that Klopp likes to promote from the academy hence we are starting to see the likes of Curtis, Neco, Harvey, etc,

Give yer head a wobble lad, just after you smell the coffee, this is the Klopp era, this is him showing that he has faith in all of his squad and sending a positive message to those youngsters at the academy that if you work hard, keep your head down you will get a chance.

Y  N  W  A

Give your head a wobble, and when you get your senses back, try reading what I actually said.

Pathetic outbursts. Chill.  :lmao:
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #66: Aug 22, 2020 11:39:39 pm
      Camera angle aside, a decent watch. Difficult pitch and weather but good minutes for everyone.

Jones in the first half and Minamino in the second stood out for me. Some good flashes of quality from the likes of Elliott and Keita too.

Got to say we've got an exciting bunch of kids coming through now. Not saying they'll all make it here but you have a look at who we've got and with Williams, Hoever, Koumetio, Jones, Elliott, Brewster here it's hard not to get a bit excited.

I think they will all make it here mate, or at least will be given great opportunities to do so. We have a squad now capable of competing for multiple trophies for the first time in a long time. The young lads will have their part to play in this.

Very exciting times.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #67: Aug 23, 2020 10:51:43 am
      You can tell Minamino is getting used to this brand of football.  When he first arrived he would get bullied and throw off balance with ease.  That was not the case today.  Let’s hope that’s a sign of things to come.

Or it was the the team we were playing and a friendly
      Kopite78
      Reply #68: Aug 23, 2020 10:54:05 am
      Or it was the the team we were playing and a friendly

Thats the spirit

Quick Reply