Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Chances of retention?

Read 4745 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Chances of retention?
      Reply #23: Aug 21, 2020 01:31:51 pm
      I just Googled it. Pretty sure you've said same thing couple of weeks ago heimdall ???

Not sure I quoted that list, but I do think we were fairly lucky with injuries last season, but only in so far as they didn't all come at the same time, but we certainly had injuries to deal with like all clubs, especially to our Goalkeeper, unfortunately at quite an important point as well :-(
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #24: Aug 22, 2020 11:54:42 pm
      My only worry is the behind closed doors games. That suits Guardiola's dull, nerd, ticki taka football. If it was full stadia again I'm sure we'd walk it again

That said, I don't think teams are scared of them like they were 6-12 months ago so hopefully they'll give them a game

Anyway, I've said it the last 2 decades - this year is our year
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #25: Aug 23, 2020 07:01:31 am
      Perhaps our sports science and medical staff are quite good, or the drugs the players are injected with are the really good sh*t

I feel the need
      The need for ......

;D

Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #26: Aug 23, 2020 09:51:42 pm
      Watching this CL final we should have retained our European title. I think the few weeks rest not just physically but mentally will do us good for retaining the PL but it's really frustrating watching. I've been told I'm being a greedy git but for me it's simple Alisson plays against Atletico we'd have won number 7 😠
      Davbro
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 98 posts | 22 
      Reply #27: Aug 24, 2020 12:40:49 am
      Barcelona's club presidential candidate Jordi Farre is claiming that Barcelona have held talks with Liverpool boss Jürgen Klopp over the manager's job.  Honestly what is it with this club  :mad:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #28: Aug 24, 2020 03:27:18 am
      I wanna do what we did for the most part of last Season and that's beat every Team week by week, one by one. See where we are by the end of it. Should be pretty damn close to a repeat!

Just have to be on from the very first minute!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #29: Aug 24, 2020 06:12:46 am
      I wanna do what we did for the most part of last Season and that's beat every Team week by week, one by one. See where we are by the end of it. Should be pretty damn close to a repeat!

Just have to be on from the very first minute!

Think you might get some pool fans jumping ship if tha happens.  :D
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #30: Aug 24, 2020 08:19:49 am
      Quote from Rush Goalie
      Watching this CL final we should have retained our European title. I think the few weeks rest not just physically but mentally will do us good for retaining the PL but it's really frustrating watching. I've been told I'm being a greedy git but for me it's simple Alisson plays against Atletico we'd have won number 7 😠

Except it's not that simple. He played against Atletico and we lost. We won just 4 games. Bayern won every game and scored 43 goals. The best team in it this year won it. I don't think we can have many complaints tbh.

Quote from Robby The Z
      He didn't say the players or anyone are making excuses or that they won't give their all. Just that our team gets more of a lift from our support than other teams, and I noticed that on my very first trip to England more than 20 years ago. There is something extra about the atmosphere at Anfield. It's not just a slogan or cliche. That lift becomes even more important with the way Jürgen's teams play. Along with the footballing excellence, it requires a lot of emotion and our support gives that a boost.

Take that away and it impacts us more than other teams. Doesn't mean we can't win, but it's a real factor.

It's true that the atmosphere is a factor behind our performances for the biggest games, but for early kos, it is rather less of a factor.

I'm sure lots of clubs say their support lifts them, but the reality is everyone is locked out of stadiums for the moment. We know why it has to be that way atm, so it's no excuse to say we need a crowd to do the job.

We scored 3 at Brighton, 4 at home to Palace, 5 at home to Chelsea, so when we need to play well without a crowd, then we've shown we can step it up. Because we're going to have to for the foreseeable future. It could be at least 12 months before Anfield is full again.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #31: Aug 24, 2020 09:58:19 am
      Barcelona's club presidential candidate Jordi Farre is claiming that Barcelona have held talks with Liverpool boss Jürgen Klopp over the manager's job.  Honestly what is it with this club  :mad:

He spoke to Klopp then went with Koeman.

So either;
      1)The story is BS and just designed to enthuse the supporters
      2) Jürgen told him where to go or
      3) he rang him for a general chat, which brings us back to 1.

I'm convinced the only place Klopp is ever going is the German National team

TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #32: Aug 24, 2020 11:11:47 am

"Candidate" being the most important word here, people will come out with any old sh*te to try and get themselves elected.

It has an air of George Bush's 1988 Presidental Campaign - "Read my lips - No new taxes"  ;)

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #33: Aug 25, 2020 01:31:58 am
      Think you might get some pool fans jumping ship if tha happens.  :D

I don't get it! Jump ship? What for? We'd be dancing in the streets!

Quick Reply