Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Premier League 2020/21: Winners Man City

Read 105187 times
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Re: Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #92: Sep 21, 2020 01:30:37 pm
      And it was only a fortnight ago you kept saying Salah was in awful form and that youā€™d rather have an ageing, lost his legs, Luis Suarez playing on the right for us instead!

And if Iā€™m not wrong, punishing VVD and Bobby by benching them as well. Which is why the need to stock up all the Mbappes Son Messi and Ronaldos of this world so that they can
      be punished once a player doesnā€™t perform. Wrong ā€œrotatedā€.

Nothing wrong with rotating. Itā€™s just very expensive to stock world class players on the bench. And a challenging management style by punishing players through benching them.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #93: Sep 21, 2020 01:33:49 pm
      City will win by at least two goals. Pundits will crown them champions.

It won't matter. We'll still win the league.

I didnā€™t know Nathan Ake is world class. Iā€™m so afraid we canā€™t get past him when we next play City. I just know we didnā€™t have problems with him at Bournemouth previously. >:D
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #94: Sep 21, 2020 02:27:27 pm
      Personally I think we will see City being more rattled than ever this year, you can see in their response to beating us to the league and singing about us, pep moaning about Liverpool players winning Player of the year awards, their shitty guard of honour...we have them rattled I think and I think that will play out during the course of the season. Hopefully starting tonight!

Simple fact is they know we are better than them, the previous season they beat us by one point, and were the only side to beat us that season , last season we romped home by a 18 point margin, that is colossal in a two horse race,
      While their squad is for the most part  ageing & past their best we on the other hand have world class at the peak of their careers, in a well oiled machine that just purrs along nicely and have added more class in recent days to bolster our ranks,

A City loss against Wolves they will already be six points adrift after two games, so the pressure is already mounting, we only need to continue our ā€˜One game at a timeā€™ mantra and as the season gets older that pressure will mount, of course we have to play them twice and again they will NEED to beat us to have any sort of gain, but if we beat them that will mean a nine point gap and that would be that as far as Iā€™m concerned,
      There are other things that can happen of course, injures to key player further defeats/ draws with other teams, etc, assuming that we win games as consistent as we have been I canā€™t help but think that if City drop further back say than 9 points itā€™s game over for me.

Far far too early to suggest we will run away with it like last season but, the signs are there, only City for me can get anywhere near us, and they are already under pressure as I have explained above, so even before a ball has been kicked in anger for them this season they are in a MUST win situation away against Wolves, who done the double over them last season.

Over to you Pep !

Y  N  W  A

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #95: Sep 21, 2020 03:02:17 pm
      And it was only a fortnight ago you kept saying Salah was in awful form and that youā€™d rather have an ageing, lost his legs, Luis Suarez playing on the right for us instead!

Correct, he was in poor form then, now he's in great form, what's the issue? I'd actually still like us to put in a cheeky bid for Suarez
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #96: Sep 21, 2020 03:03:16 pm
      City will win by at least two goals. Pundits will crown them champions.

It won't matter. We'll still win the league.

hmm, first game back against a good Wolves team, if they win by 2 goals I'd be very impressed. Have city had any friendlies?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #97: Sep 21, 2020 03:06:54 pm
      And if Iā€™m not wrong, punishing VVD and Bobby by benching them as well. Which is why the need to stock up all the Mbappes Son Messi and Ronaldos of this world so that they can
      be punished once a player doesnā€™t perform. Wrong ā€œrotatedā€.

Nothing wrong with rotating. Itā€™s just very expensive to stock world class players on the bench. And a challenging management style by punishing players through benching them.

No you are probably deliberately wumming me, but never mind it makes a nice change from the endless and oh so F***ing funny sarcasm, hey look what I just did there!
      All I ever said was that no player should feel that they are 100% safe, if you disagree then lets have a proper conversation, are you capable of that?

BTW I'm delighted by our signings, I'm actually extremely positive about the team right now as we finally have cover for all positions and can rotate some players and even bench them if they play sh*t.
      Kopite78
      Reply #98: Sep 21, 2020 03:08:39 pm
      Correct, he was in poor form then, now he's in great form, what's the issue? I'd actually still like us to put in a cheeky bid for Suarez

So 2 weeks ago when you were going to drop him,he immediately returned to form, by playing , had Jurgrn been flip floppy knee jerk like you how would he have gotten back to form? ( not that I personally think he was out of form by the way)

Also a week you're advocating dropping Bobby for Rhian, today you're all for selling Rhian because you think the Palace offer is a good one

🤪🤪🤪
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #99: Sep 21, 2020 03:11:22 pm
      So 2 weeks ago when you were going to drop him,he immediately returned to form, by playing , had Jurgrn been flip floppy knee jerk like you how would he have gotten back to form? ( not that I personally think he was out of form by the way)

Also a week you're advocating dropping Bobby for Rhian, today you're all for selling Rhian because you think the Palace offer is a good one

🤪🤪🤪

erm because you can see players in training you twit or do you suggest that a dropped player can never regain their place!!

I still think Bobby is playing sh*t, its becoming a concern, I'd like to see Taki or Diogo given a go in that role or switch to just 2 up front with an extra AM.

Personally I'd rather not sell Rhian at all, but if we have a buy-back clause then I'm ok with it if it helps balance the books.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #100: Sep 21, 2020 03:25:26 pm

The cu*ts who call other people "snowflakes" are usually the biggest "snowflakes".
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #101: Sep 21, 2020 06:13:51 pm
      https://youtu.be/UE3sTF3oj6w

Celeste's 'Stop This Flame' the new theme song for Sky Sports Premier League
      12 September 2020
      Newsdesk

Sky Sports and Polydor Records have announced that award-winning UK soul star Celesteā€™s rousing single ā€˜Stop This Flameā€™ is to be the soundtrack of Sky Sports coverage of the Premier League this season.

Released at the top of the year, the uplifting, piano-driven track will be heard on the title sequence as well as leading in to advertising breaks starting with the Friday Night Football: Season Preview on Friday September 11. Coverage gets underway at 6pm on Sky Sports Premier League and Sky Sports Main Event.

In addition to Friday Night Football, the song will also be heard on the Saturday Night Football, Super Sunday and a range of replay and highlights programming, bringing an upbeat start to the football watching experience.

ā€œIn essence, 'Stop This Flame' is a song about seeing it through to the end,ā€ Celeste revealed upon release. ā€œWhether itā€™s about not letting go of love, not letting go of a dream or stridently coming through some form of adversity. The song has always evoked those feelings within me.ā€

Celeste has been widely lauded for her spellbinding voice and poignant songwriting and this year has seen her star continue to soar. The Brighton-raised singer songwriter scooped the prestigious double, winning both the BBC Sound of 2020 and the BRIT Awards Rising Star and has much more planned for 2020.

Gary Hughes, Sky Sports Director of Football said: ā€œWeā€™re delighted to have Celesteā€™s ā€˜Stop This Flameā€™ feature as our title music across our Premier League coverage this season. The start of the football season is all about hopes and dreams for millions of supporters up and down the country, and this track brilliantly portrays those feelings. We canā€™t wait for the Sky Sports Premier League titles to roll for the first time this season on Friday.ā€

https://www.music-news.com/news/UK/134429/Celeste-s-Stop-This-Flame-the-new-theme-song-for-Sky-Sports-Premier-League
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Re: Premier League 2020/21
      Reply #102: Sep 21, 2020 06:18:11 pm
      Donā€™t know about that red card for Sheffield... I guess itā€™s similar to ours yesterday, although Iā€™m not too sure if heā€™d have got there and it definitely wasnā€™t as physical...
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #103: Sep 21, 2020 08:50:07 pm
      City making a tricky game look easy here. Dropped 6 points to these last season doesnt look like they will drop any this.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #104: Sep 21, 2020 08:54:10 pm
      City making a tricky game look easy here. Dropped 6 points to these last season doesnt look like they will drop any this.

Stupid pen to give away. Been all city so far though.

But that defence of Walker Stones Ake Mendy can surely be got at this season.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #105: Sep 21, 2020 08:59:41 pm
      How the hell can City look this good first game back, zero rust, its weird and scary.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #106: Sep 21, 2020 09:09:56 pm
      All I can say about sky sports is Evra what a joke, it's were there going, utter sh*te, and what made it better was Kelly having to apologise after the game,
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #107: Sep 21, 2020 09:19:53 pm
      City have certainly started very sharp tonight
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #108: Sep 21, 2020 09:33:40 pm
      Wolves should have at least one back by now, a little wasteful this half.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #109: Sep 21, 2020 09:42:37 pm
      Wolves should have at least one back by now, a little wasteful this half.

Yes City extremely lucky but that defence is still shaky
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #110: Sep 21, 2020 09:52:25 pm
      I am happy to educate the ignorant ;-)

Please educate me, I am of oriental origin, and look it, have been here for nigh on 60 years, my dad was a Merch, and did his bit by just doing it in the war years.  Please look at what the the British government did to families, who did their job, for our  country after the war was over
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #111: Sep 21, 2020 09:53:09 pm
      There we go! Hopefully they can get one more at least for the draw!
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #112: Sep 21, 2020 10:09:20 pm
      City didnt look too good that second half when Wolves tried getting at them, could have easily lost that game if Wolves had took a few of their chances...
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #113: Sep 21, 2020 10:16:20 pm
      I thought they were sensational? Sky has already assumed they're champions until proven otherwise.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #114: Sep 21, 2020 10:44:58 pm
      I thought they were sensational? Sky has already assumed they're champions until proven otherwise.

Champagne football I believe was Tyler's phrase of choice. City's defense still looks suspect to me.

Quick Reply