Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Premier League 2020/21: Winners Man City

Read 106388 times
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Re: Premier League 2020/21
      Reply #1173: Jan 17, 2021 09:10:37 pm
      Citeh will pull away over the next few games I expect. Best defensive team in the league and scoring just enough to win most games.

We will fight them again next season when we're back at full strength.

Never thought I'd be saying it this season but I'm glad they're in form.

If it wasn't for them United would probably run away with it.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #1174: Jan 17, 2021 09:40:18 pm
      Just to run salt in the wound they have their back up CB on a hat trick!!

The scary thing with City is they have three top class CB's now who are all very young and will help keep them solid for years.

We badly need to sign a top young CB in the Summer as obviously we can't rely on Matip and who knows how long it will take VVD and Joe to get back to their best.

Lots of work to do in the Summer I just hope Klopp is backed we'll need to spend big to keep up to the level we've set for ourselves.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #1175: Jan 17, 2021 09:42:11 pm
      Never thought I'd be saying it this season but I'm glad they're in form.

If it wasn't for them United would probably run away with it.

True, I don't even want to contemplate a Scum title straight after ours.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1648 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1176: Jan 18, 2021 07:43:59 am
      So ... down to 4th.
      On the bright side though, still in a CL place :)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1177: Jan 18, 2021 08:43:38 am
      So ... down to 4th.
      On the bright side though, still in a CL place :)

We are worst case 4 points behind City with 19 games to play, not really all over is it, considering that we have Jota to come back soon, plus hopefully Big Virg.
      One thing I can guarantee is that all the teams will keep dropping points, if we can just find our grove again soon then its still all to play for, but if not then its not meant to be and that is mostly down to rotten luck with injuries.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #1178: Jan 18, 2021 09:05:37 am
      We are worst case 4 points behind City with 19 games to play, not really all over is it, considering that we have Jota to come back soon, plus hopefully Big Virg.
      One thing I can guarantee is that all the teams will keep dropping points, if we can just find our grove again soon then its still all to play for, but if not then its not meant to be and that is mostly down to rotten luck with injuries.

Yup I think all teams will keep dropping points... except City. Reason being they bought really well in the Summer and now have a packed hugely talented squad that allows for multiple players rotated each game to keep their team fresh in a very congested season of fixtures. Dias is massive for them and has made them very solid again like they were when Kompany was at his best.

This season just really suits them as they won't be playing catch up to any other team so the pressure is off Pep to an extent in the league. There is pressure on him to win the CL though he's desperate for that.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1179: Jan 18, 2021 11:26:30 am
      Yup I think all teams will keep dropping points... except City. Reason being they bought really well in the Summer and now have a packed hugely talented squad that allows for multiple players rotated each game to keep their team fresh in a very congested season of fixtures. Dias is massive for them and has made them very solid again like they were when Kompany was at his best.

This season just really suits them as they won't be playing catch up to any other team so the pressure is off Pep to an extent in the league. There is pressure on him to win the CL though he's desperate for that.

Hmm, I'm not so sure, City are not quite at it either in my opinion, although they do look good at the moment, but then so did Man Utd, but yesterday they were no better than us.
      Mark my words there are plenty more twists left in this season.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,293 posts | 272 
      Reply #1180: Jan 18, 2021 12:02:44 pm
      It's funny, I seem to have adopted a different attitude now we've actually won the PL. I'm still the same when the game is on but now even 30 mins to an hour after the game I'm like "oh well it's not great but let's move on to the next game, we live to fight another day, can't change it"
      That is purely down to the fact we ended our wait, previously I would have been down all week thinking "we're never gonna win it", it became an obsession certainly after the 13/14 season.
      There's a lot of games left and lots of points, like Klopp says we've got to keep going for those CL places for now we have to be in the top four. There's still CL itself to play, our form is disappointing but we've got to keep going.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #1181: Jan 18, 2021 12:49:35 pm
      Hmm, I'm not so sure, City are not quite at it either in my opinion, although they do look good at the moment, but then so did Man Utd, but yesterday they were no better than us.
      Mark my words there are plenty more twists left in this season.

Hopefully but it all hinges on our forwards regaining their goal scoring form very soon.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1182: Jan 18, 2021 02:13:56 pm
      Hopefully but it all hinges on our forwards regaining their goal scoring form very soon.

Yes they need to regain form but Klopp has to shake things up as well, we have become incredibly one dimensional in our attacks and formations, for a start he needs to stop picking Bobby every single f**king game, he has other options he could try.  Personally Id go with 2 up front then have either Minamino, Shaq or Ox as an extremely attacking midfielder, we have to try something different.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1648 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1183: Jan 18, 2021 06:09:04 pm

Was just messin.
      Long way to go, deffo.
      Sometimes though teams don't drop points as we know.
      We need to improve, and fast.
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #1184: Jan 18, 2021 09:23:48 pm
      Arsenal 2 up against Newcastle.

Only seven points behind us, we might have to be careful with this lot :P
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #1185: Jan 18, 2021 09:52:07 pm
      Smith Rowe looks a player
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #1186: Jan 18, 2021 09:56:37 pm
      The fact we couldn't score against possibly the worst Newcastle side in PL history shows how much of a rut we're in right now.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #1187: Jan 18, 2021 10:13:50 pm
      Yes they need to regain form but Klopp has to shake things up as well, we have become incredibly one dimensional in our attacks and formations, for a start he needs to stop picking Bobby every single f**king game, he has other options he could try.  Personally Id go with 2 up front then have either Minamino, Shaq or Ox as an extremely attacking midfielder, we have to try something different.

Agreed I think Bobby is stifling our attack he's just too slow, seems a yard off the pace for ages now, not to mention the goals have all but dried up. Not sure if it's burn out or a lack of motivation this season but he's a shadow of the player he once was.

Jürgen won't drop him though, at least not until Jota is back, and we'll continue to struggle for goals until then.

But yes we absolutely need to be more adventurous in our attack and transition quicker. We have the players to make the necessary adjustments but I don't see Klopp changing much.
      paulow63
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 662 posts | 85 
      Reply #1188: Jan 19, 2021 07:35:20 pm
      West Ham penalty decision there absolutely more of a pen than Robertson on Wellbeck at Brighton.

Really poor inconsistency again.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #1189: Jan 19, 2021 08:58:20 pm
      F**k me Chelsea are sh*te.

Shocking goal to concede that.
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #1190: Jan 19, 2021 08:59:49 pm
      F**k me Chelsea are sh*te.

Shocking goal to concede that.

Yeah awful defending from Rudiger & James.

Was hoping Leicester might drop some points tonight.

Unlikely now.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #1191: Jan 19, 2021 09:35:27 pm
      Chelsea looking like crap after spending hundreds of millions. Frank not going to finish the season if he doesn't turn it around.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #1192: Jan 19, 2021 10:01:32 pm
      Joke VAR at it again
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6695 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1193: Jan 19, 2021 10:13:35 pm
      Hope the Boys are saying, F**k we are down to 4th, better pull our fingers out!

They should be seething they are in this position and do everything they can to get back to where they know we belong!
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #1194: Jan 19, 2021 10:23:32 pm
      Is that the end of United reign at the top of the league till they get another manager?   Must be seriously regretting not taking more risks against our defence!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #1195: Jan 20, 2021 09:38:12 am
      Chelsea looking like crap after spending hundreds of millions. Frank not going to finish the season if he doesn't turn it around.

He was asked how to get out of the bad slump:

Lampard: " hard work, running"

He's clueless and as I've said before the only reason he's still there is because he is called Frank Lampard.

Quick Reply