Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Premier League 2020/21: Winners Man City

Read 106599 times
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,471 posts | 1467 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Re: Premier League 2020/21
      Reply #1288: Jan 27, 2021 08:17:22 am
      Hard to see past City now, it’s not over, but they have the squad depth we so desperately need... you can’t dominate multiple years until you have world class on the pitch and on the bench ready to come in.

Unless we get at least one CB in, I can see us having a real fight on our hands to get 4th.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,742 posts | 569 
      Reply #1289: Jan 27, 2021 09:13:58 am
      Fukn fat c**t Allardyce he’s season highlight will be taking a point of the champions.

Remember his interview after....smug c**t
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1290: Jan 27, 2021 09:27:36 am
      Remember his interview after....smug c**t

He is exactly that has Klopps number though unfortunately .. unbeaten in 6
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1291: Jan 27, 2021 09:30:28 am
      That they are.

But City will make most teams look sh*t this season they are playing on a different level much like us last season.

are they though? I'm still not so sure. They have had a good run of games now, but a lot of those games have been against sh*t opposition, whereas we've had teams who for whatever reason have found some form whilst we had a dip.
      For example WBA probably had their game of the season against us plus a HUGE slice of luck, similar for Newcastle, Southampton played well against us and so to did Burnley, Man Utd we could have beaten with a bit more luck, and could also have lost so a draw was probably a fair result. Obviously we have been below par the last few games but we've also faced opponents who have raised their games significantly and most of whom were in good'ish form when we played them. Another pointer in this regard is Palace who we thumped 7-0 away but City "ONLY" beat 4-0 at home.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,950 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1292: Jan 27, 2021 10:25:53 am
      are they though? I'm still not so sure. They have had a good run of games now, but a lot of those games have been against sh*t opposition, whereas we've had teams who for whatever reason have found some form whilst we had a dip.
      For example WBA probably had their game of the season against us plus a HUGE slice of luck, similar for Newcastle, Southampton played well against us and so to did Burnley, Man Utd we could have beaten with a bit more luck, and could also have lost so a draw was probably a fair result. Obviously we have been below par the last few games but we've also faced opponents who have raised their games significantly and most of whom were in good'ish form when we played them. Another pointer in this regard is Palace who we thumped 7-0 away but City "ONLY" beat 4-0 at home.

Luck doesn't really come into it that much over a calendar season in the league. Normally the best teams win the league anyway. Luck didn't come into it in the United game. You weren't unlucky in any way.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1293: Jan 27, 2021 12:02:16 pm
      Luck doesn't really come into it that much over a calendar season in the league. Normally the best teams win the league anyway. Luck didn't come into it in the United game. You weren't unlucky in any way.

Really so us losing 2 of our main CB's is not having an effect then, please tell us how that will even itself out? ;-)

or how abut City never getting anything higher than League 1 opposition in any cup run, whereas we almost always get drawn against Prem opponents, is that not luck, how does it even itself out?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,950 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1294: Jan 27, 2021 12:38:17 pm
      Really so us losing 2 of our main CB's is not having an effect then, please tell us how that will even itself out? ;-)

or how abut City never getting anything higher than League 1 opposition in any cup run, whereas we almost always get drawn against Prem opponents, is that not luck, how does it even itself out?

Not talking cup competitions but yes in last two years City have been lucky with the draws.

They alway say over 38 games invariably the best teams win. You can't count one year of exceptional circumstance as luck or unluckily. It is what it is. There's no doubting in my opinion Liverpool's first team has been effected with most  injuries  than any other team although I do remember reading stats said Spurs had the most. However, I think that was overall injuries rather than their top 11 players.

You keep saying with a bit of luck you could of beaten United which anyone can say that. Just like me saying with a bit of luck United can win all their 38 games.

Put it down to skill which is what is was last year.  ;)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1295: Jan 27, 2021 12:53:57 pm
      Not talking cup competitions but yes in last two years City have been lucky with the draws.

They alway say over 38 games invariably the best teams win. You can't count one year of exceptional circumstance as luck or unluckily. It is what it is. There's no doubting in my opinion Liverpool's first team has been effected with most  injuries  than any other team although I do remember reading stats said Spurs had the most. However, I think that was overall injuries rather than their top 11 players.

You keep saying with a bit of luck you could of beaten United which anyone can say that. Just like me saying with a bit of luck United can win all their 38 games.

Put it down to skill which is what is was last year.  ;)

Hmm, I'm not sure whether you are being deliberately obtuse these days or are on a wind up, I certainly feel that I used to have better conversations with you in the past.

Losing 2 of your key CB's for almost the whole season is of course bad luck, there is no other way to interpret it and it will have a significant effect on our season.

City ALWAS getting easy competition in the cups is a massive advantage for them as it allows them to play the second team and rest/rotate their main players, to suggest that that kind of luck evens itself out or does not have an effect is idiotic at best, WUM'ish at worst!

Anyway I'll wait for Utd to get a single long-term injury this season and see if you still have the same opinion or are they so doped up on steroids that they are immune to fatigue on injury this season, it certainly seems that way so far.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,950 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1296: Jan 27, 2021 12:59:04 pm
      Hmm, I'm not sure whether you are being deliberately obtuse these days or are on a wind up, I certainly feel that I used to have better conversations with you in the past.

Losing 2 of your key CB's for almost the whole season is of course bad luck, there is no other way to interpret it and it will have a significant effect on our season.

City ALWAS getting easy competition in the cups is a massive advantage for them as it allows them to play the second team and rest/rotate their main players, to suggest that that kind of luck evens itself out or does not have an effect is idiotic at best, WUM'ish at worst!

Anyway I'll wait for Utd to get a single long-term injury this season and see if you still have the same opinion or are they so doped up on steroids that they are immune to fatigue on injury this season, it certainly seems that way so far.

It's not how I work Heimy, your just a bit biased as its your team. I merely pointing out you wasnt unlucky in the United game. Nothing obtuse about that.

I agree with you about City draws in cups and Liverpool been unlucky with injuries this season.

Ps... When it comes to wind ups many of your members have you as the biggest wum on here anyway.  ;D
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1297: Jan 27, 2021 01:23:57 pm
      It's not how I work Heimy, your just a bit biased as its your team. I merely pointing out you wasnt unlucky in the United game. Nothing obtuse about that.

I agree with you about City draws in cups and Liverpool been unlucky with injuries this season.

Ps... When it comes to wind ups many of your members have you as the biggest wum on here anyway.  ;D

I could replace the word 'wum' with so many words, there.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1298: Jan 27, 2021 01:36:05 pm

Nice little upvote for having a dig at me Keith, well done. :-)

I did actually say that both us and you were unlucky in that game, but it was not the main part of my argument anyway. Glad to see that you now agree with me about the bad luck Liverpool have had this season.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1299: Jan 27, 2021 01:36:41 pm

Eh?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,950 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1300: Jan 27, 2021 02:58:58 pm

You've not got the bottle  :f_whistle: :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,950 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1301: Jan 27, 2021 03:01:41 pm
      Nice little upvote for having a dig at me Keith, well done. :-)

I did actually say that both us and you were unlucky in that game, but it was not the main part of my argument anyway. Glad to see that you now agree with me about the bad luck Liverpool have had this season.

You have to take some banter Heimy.  :D

It's pretty much common knowledge about Liverpool's injuries and even the most biased of fan basis will mostly agree.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,950 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1302: Jan 27, 2021 03:02:29 pm

:lmao: best one word answer off you in a while  ;D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1303: Jan 27, 2021 06:24:46 pm
      You have to take some banter Heimy.  :D

It's pretty much common knowledge about Liverpool's injuries and even the most biased of fan basis will mostly agree.

Do you not see my smileys Keith? I do take it as banter.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,950 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1304: Jan 27, 2021 08:30:59 pm
      Do you not see my smileys Keith? I do take it as banter.

Fingers crossed it last then.  ;D
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 2811 
      Reply #1305: Jan 27, 2021 09:29:42 pm
      No doubt that they're effective given their league position but Everton aren't half dull as f**k are they. Sit back and just hope for a counter. Very similar to Spurs.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 2811 
      Reply #1306: Jan 27, 2021 09:43:47 pm
      Pickford :lmao:
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,471 posts | 1467 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1307: Jan 27, 2021 10:03:36 pm
      Why does Rashford get away with being so sh*t? I feel like I’ve never seen him have an amazing game, the odd back page goal every few months, but overall, yeah... I feel he gets overlooked when it comes to criticism.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,867 posts | 165 
      Reply #1308: Jan 27, 2021 10:11:27 pm
      Haha, they had a good laugh when Burnley beat us, karma comes around quick.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1309: Jan 27, 2021 10:15:03 pm
      & the pendulum swings back into our court..
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,653 posts | 1586 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #1310: Jan 27, 2021 10:17:33 pm
      Wow !! What a pretty special win for bottom of the table Sheffield  ;D well done the blades.

Quick Reply