Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Premier League 2020/21: Winners Man City

Read 105215 times
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Re: Premier League 2020/21
      Reply #1127: Jan 12, 2021 10:16:10 pm
      Tough place to win at. 1-0 away there. Ominous stuff and no reason they can't hit us on the break and win via deflection, penalty or by getting away with basic errors in their own box.

They won’t need to play that well to beat us unless we pick up our own form. We have been gash for a while.
      We could end up 4th after the next round of fixtures.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #1128: Jan 12, 2021 10:16:41 pm
      Paul Tierney ref Sunday has given Utd a pen every other game us none
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1129: Jan 12, 2021 10:17:45 pm

To be fair their whole XI cost what Donny Van De Beek cost. Its not on Burnley to win us a title. We blew our lead and didn't get a defender sorted out so  we can all see where that leaves us.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1130: Jan 12, 2021 10:18:01 pm

When they started playing they had a few chances, why not play like that whole of second half, sitting back like they did until the goal is just idiotic, you must have an outlet.

I think we'll beat Utd on Sunday.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1131: Jan 12, 2021 10:21:58 pm
      United just finding the way to win at the moment - got some proper match winners and getting the luck with VAR and deflections as well right now.

City and them look better equipped to mount a title challenge at the moment to me and I think we'll have to find some turnaround in our form fast to be able to keep up.
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #1132: Jan 12, 2021 10:23:27 pm
      No better than us even with our injuries what I do think they are better at is taking shots on and moving ball quicker than us
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #1133: Jan 12, 2021 10:27:03 pm
      When they started playing they had a few chances, why not play like that whole of second half, sitting back like they did until the goal is just idiotic, you must have an outlet.

On tonight's evidence Burnley can play but then shoot like they are playing with one of those shoot fly away balls.. That CB only needed a clean strike at the end.

Utd are having a lot of luck but that's what you need. I don't actually rate them that highly but they create chances and have the players to finish. We have to win on Sunday to stop their momentum, I'm not worried about playing them but we absolutely need the 3 points
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1134: Jan 12, 2021 10:27:43 pm
      Tough place to win at. 1-0 away there. Ominous stuff and no reason they can't hit us on the break and win via deflection, penalty or by getting away with basic errors in their own box.

To give them credit they are also a solid side these days with dangerous forwards, some spark in midfield and a solid enough back line.
      I refuse to believe a centre back pairing of  Baily and slab head is solid like shown time again against quality opposition that attacks them they crumble.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1135: Jan 12, 2021 10:36:03 pm
      I refuse to believe a centre back pairing of  Baily and slab head is solid like shown time again against quality opposition that attacks them they crumble.

But its a settled back line, they are all actual defenders and all fully grown men.

Us on the other hand have 0 actual defenders, those that are are not pros at the highest level and the other isn't a fully grown man.

We have centre halves struggling to get into German 2nd div sides and a kid who was playing in a semi pro league last year.

Matip might play another 6 games of the season and be decent enough with Fabinho but they'll be a month where Fab is probably out too yet.

If United get injuries at the back they have Lindelof, Tuanzebe, Jones, Rojo.

Far from world beaters, but its depth that we left ourselves without and was the biggest reason I wasn't that happy when we sold Dejan.
      RomaN
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 158 posts | 38 
      Reply #1136: Jan 12, 2021 10:43:37 pm
      Horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach seeing that shower of sh*t on top spot.

Anyone but them.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1137: Jan 12, 2021 10:54:48 pm
      United are nowhere near good enough or managed by a good enough coach to win the title, but you can't be upset at them being 1st right now when we had the lead and chocked it away. Blame is 100% ours to take. We have played like absolute sh*t recently with Jones coughing up a ball leading to 2 point lost, Salah missing sitters left, right and center, Klopp leaving Shaq on the bench against teams that we struggled to break down and everyone else playing below their standard. We certainly could have used a little luck instead of goalies turning into Peter Schmeichel the last few minutes of the games making world class saves to deny us the winner(s), but you can also make your own luck and we haven't done that. This is a good reality check and have no concerns about coming out of it on top when 38 games have been played.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #1138: Jan 12, 2021 11:38:04 pm
      A chance to put things right on Sunday, when United visit Anfield. Need to up our game, win and claim top spot again.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #1139: Jan 12, 2021 11:45:37 pm
      Can the UTD game get any bigger?  Really need to beat them and cut their wings now. Don't want to end our home record against these lot!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1140: Jan 12, 2021 11:57:01 pm

Burnley have one tactic... find a way to hoof the ball in to those two sh*t brick strikers from any available angle whilst putting as many men behind the ball as possible at the same time. When they are losing at the 90 min mark try to win a corner at all costs then throw every lanky string of piss player they have including the keeper into the opposition box. This is how Dyche has set them up to play since day dot it's excruciating to watch.

Then again it could be worse they could be Newcastle or West Brom.

Anyway I agree with you we'll smash the Scum on Sunday.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1141: Jan 13, 2021 12:01:18 am
      In the last month any decent attacking side has put 2+ goals past them this includes, PSG, Leipzig, Leeds, Leicester and City.

We need to put them to the sword and throw everything at then. Rashford, Martial, Cavani and Fernandes are all players that don’t defend.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1142: Jan 13, 2021 01:41:39 am
      In the last month any decent attacking side has put 2+ goals past them this includes, PSG, Leipzig, Leeds, Leicester and City.

We need to put them to the sword and throw everything at then. Rashford, Martial, Cavani and Fernandes are all players that don’t defend.

We'll beat them mate, I’m
      Pretty confident of that.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1143: Jan 13, 2021 05:33:07 am
      Some of you lads sound pretty worried at the moment  ;D Tide has turned (( presently )) but only temporary I think. I should milk it but don't have the confidence and know the backlash is round the corner  :lmao:
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #1144: Jan 13, 2021 08:19:16 am
      Quote from fields of anny rd
      Its not on Burnley to win us a title. We blew our lead and didn't get a defender sorted out so  we can all see where that leaves us.

So we now buy a defender at double the going rate, and within a couple of weeks he either gets the flubug, and/or is heading for the treatment room. No?? That's what happened Thiago. Then we're back where we started.

We've conceded 8 league goals since the game that VVD hobbled into the portakabin. It's not the defence that is the issue. We need Jota back asap, we need to create more chances and score more goals. It costs us nothing, but it's difficult to win games with just half a handful of shots on target. We are the best team in this league, it's time to start showing why we are, soon.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1145: Jan 13, 2021 08:26:50 am
      Some of you lads sound pretty worried at the moment  ;D Tide has turned (( presently )) but only temporary I think. I should milk it but don't have the confidence and know the backlash is round the corner  :lmao:

Isn't it crazy to think that just a month ago there were calls for Ole to be sacked!!

Utd have been getting some very good results recently and deserved to win yesterday but you are really having a lot of luck right now, luck with deflections, luck with VAR and above all else massive luck with injuries, well up to the final few minutes yesterday, Martial and Matic out could be a blow.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1146: Jan 13, 2021 08:29:25 am
      So we now buy a defender at double the going rate, and within a couple of weeks he either gets the flubug, and/or is heading for the treatment room. No?? That's what happened Thiago. Then we're back where we started.

We've conceded 8 league goals since the game that VVD hobbled into the portakabin. It's not the defence that is the issue. We need Jota back asap, we need to create more chances and score more goals. It costs us nothing, but it's difficult to win games with just half a handful of shots on target. We are the best team in this league, it's time to start showing why we are, soon.

We need a CB anyway, we never replaced Lovren, and yes the defence is sort of ok from a defensive point of view, but its not able to help build attacks like it used to and what happens if Fabinho gets injured?

We desperately need at least one more CB and its honestly baffling why we have not brought one in yet, at least one on loan.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1147: Jan 13, 2021 11:49:08 am
      Isn't it crazy to think that just a month ago there were calls for Ole to be sacked!!

Utd have been getting some very good results recently and deserved to win yesterday but you are really having a lot of luck right now, luck with deflections, luck with VAR and above all else massive luck with injuries, well up to the final few minutes yesterday, Martial and Matic out could be a blow.

Basically why I'm not milking it Heimy  ;D I honestly think it won't last so my hopes aren't high. The last couple of mins a concern though like you say. However, Martial has a bloody awful game anyway and was well below  bar. He won't be a big miss against you  lads.

therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #1148: Jan 13, 2021 01:23:16 pm
      I know these are unprecedented times but tonight must surely be the first time that a team has played a game and had a game postponed in the same competition?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1149: Jan 13, 2021 06:31:37 pm
      Basically why I'm not milking it Heimy  ;D I honestly think it won't last so my hopes aren't high. The last couple of mins a concern though like you say. However, Martial has a bloody awful game anyway and was well below  bar. He won't be a big miss against you  lads.

United over a sustained period now have had good results. Since Bruno Fernandes arrived you have outpointed us and thats over the course of year almost now.

Quick Reply