Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Arsenal 1-1 Liverpool (5-4 on pens): In game and Post Match

Read 19379 times
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Re: Arsenal vs Liverpool - FA Community Shield - Saturday Aug. 29 - 1630 GMT
      Reply #276: Aug 29, 2020 06:56:32 pm
      [quote author=Redangel link=topic=51686.msg2326111#msg2326111 t to playing the game before he had to take his penalty!

How much aclimatising do you need to F**k the ball from the spot into the net?
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Re: Arsenal 1-1 Liverpool (5-4 on pens): In game and Post Match
      Reply #277: Aug 29, 2020 06:58:20 pm
      Koumetio being in the squad ahead of Van Den Berg or Hoever shows he's probably ahead of them in the pecking order already.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Re: Arsenal vs Liverpool - FA Community Shield - Saturday Aug. 29 - 1630 GMT
      Reply #278: Aug 29, 2020 06:59:33 pm
      Some of you lot are pathetic, ripping the sh*t out of young Neco at every opportunity, he’s not Trent, so don’t expect him to be his doppelgänger, he’s a young lad learning his trade so mistakes will be made, he got done by a vastly experienced world class forward who done him like a kipper it happens get your disrespectful selves over it, it’s no coincidence Arse have targeted him as the weak link, so  get off the lads back ffs.

Absolutely... you took the very words out of my mouth, give the lad a break ffs !!!
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #279: Aug 29, 2020 07:05:33 pm
      Your almost incessant negativity on these boards every season has become embarrassing, in case you hadn’t noticed We are still the Champions of Engurland and you haven’t missed a season or two in your present mindless state,

I've no right to judge, but perhaps it's not negativity but rather I think it's ridiculously high standards that have a negative impact on us readers. The flawless expectations that make us probably feel unreasonable, unfair, on the team and yes, constant ripping into the team we love drains us over time. Perhaps love is whipping to some people. I definitely do not belong to this camp. I know right?
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #280: Aug 29, 2020 07:07:45 pm
      No I won't, we were sh*t today against a half fit Arsenal side, I'm quite worried for this coming season. Hopefully Gini fucks off so we can scrape the pennies together for Thiago.

Think you’ve fallen for the Sutton excuses before the ball was kicked. Half fit ? They played a cup final 4 weeks ago. Been back training for over a week. Players get longer breaks for international matches.
      Also playing 10 at the back for 80 mins, they hardly exerted themselves did they.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #281: Aug 29, 2020 07:11:26 pm
      This is the risk that Klopp has decided to take in order to give him the match experience without sacrificing points when he makes a mistake. It's a decision a manager has to make.

If we don't give him a chance, we'll be denying him match experience. Yet if we give him a chance and he misses, we'd say he shouldn't be taking the pen. Catch 22.

Not straightforward. It's just a management decision.

Might have made more sense to give him 10 mins though
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #282: Aug 29, 2020 07:24:26 pm
      None of the front three were at the races today. Thought Gomez was MOTM. Robertson was our biggest threat throughout the game. Minamino made a difference, something we’ve been lacking off the bench for a while. Shame about Brewster, personally never a fan of making subs just to take a pen. Was only 3 inches too high, fine margins. Regardless, we should have been more creative and clinical within the 90 minutes. Expect it to be a tighter race this year but we are still a hard team to beat, and expect us to be in the mix come crunch time.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #283: Aug 29, 2020 07:24:42 pm

How much aclimatising do you need to f**k the ball from the spot into the net?

I don’t know but it sounds kind of kinky.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #284: Aug 29, 2020 07:27:25 pm
      Be more worried about players coming home from the internationals with injury’s than the outcome of today, awful time for players to go on international duty
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #285: Aug 29, 2020 07:35:23 pm
      I've no right to judge, but perhaps it's not negativity but rather I think it's ridiculously high standards that have a negative impact on us readers. The flawless expectations that make us probably feel unreasonable, unfair, on the team and yes, constant ripping into the team we love drains us over time. Perhaps love is whipping to some people. I definitely do not belong to this camp. I know right?

"Love is Whipping." I think that was the working title to Fifty Shades of Gray, wasn't it?

(asking for a friend, I didn't see it).
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #286: Aug 29, 2020 07:43:44 pm
      'Reckon rhian wanted to take it which is fine by me and showed Jürgen's faith in him.he is a confident kid, he will be fine
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #287: Aug 29, 2020 07:54:21 pm
      The same Robertson who didn't complete a single cross or pass and fluffed the header at the end?

How do you complete your own crsses?
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #288: Aug 29, 2020 07:58:40 pm

Nah, it’s undeniably negativity, look down the years on these boards and you will find persistent negative overtones on any subject Heimy reacts to, I just think he’s a sad little man who perhaps lives in a world without love or understanding, he’s in more dire need of a blow job than any man in history !

Heimy needs Help ?

Y  N  W  A

I have no right to judge. But assuming this attitude of high expectations translates into raising a child and leading a team at work, I can imagine team members and the child getting ripped for their mistakes. I’d feel sorry for them. Neither do I wish to be any of them.

We’re after all a community here. Not lifeless robots judging with harsh comments if players met or missed our expectations.

Again, this is a general statement. Not pointing fingers at anyone. It’s about my opinion of a certain attitude and what it might bring to our lives. And I could be wrong about it.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #289: Aug 29, 2020 08:01:36 pm
      Not to do the classic ''every time we lose a game you plug in the latest transfer target and say we could've used him'' thing but just out of curiosity I have a question:

How many people in here think we could've used a little bit more creativity in midfield today and how many people think player like Thiago could've been the answer to the visible game plan Arteta had (which was to let us have the ball on the wings and stack up the middle with a relatively low block assuming that we would not be able to capitalize on the crosses)?

I am honestly asking the question and not insinuating he would've made the difference. Just a question out of curiosity, especially for those who consider they've watched him enough to say they have a good idea of what he can bring.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #290: Aug 29, 2020 08:11:11 pm
      Only watched an hour and had to go out, but not surprised how it all played out. Especially when Firmino and a few likely pen scorers got subbed off.

Not great from Brewster and not sure why he laced it that hard to be honest. Clearly he was nervous but you'd expect your big centre half to shut his eyes and tw*t it but a striker needs to at least look confident in the manor of taking it.

Not often we win this ugly thing and though I'm hungry for more trophies we did okay last season when we lost this.

Think Brewster will be practicing pens because if he wants some freebie goals in his career to add to his tally, smacking it isnt really going to cut it.
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #291: Aug 29, 2020 08:12:30 pm
      Not to do the classic ''every time we lose a game you plug in the latest transfer target and say we could've used him'' thing but just out of curiosity I have a question:

How many people in here think we could've used a little bit more creativity in midfield today and how many people think player like Thiago could've been the answer to the visible game plan Arteta had (which was to let us have the ball on the wings and stack up the middle with a relatively low block assuming that we would not be able to capitalize on the crosses)?

I am honestly asking the question and not insinuating he would've made the difference. Just a question out of curiosity, especially for those who consider they've watched him enough to say they have a good idea of what he can bring.

Difficult against a low block but he would I am sure make a difference transitioning the ball and getting 15-20 yard balls quicker into the front three something which our midfield especially in the first half were struggling to achieve
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #292: Aug 29, 2020 08:23:16 pm
      Though I don't agree with bashing any player when they try their best on the field (I bashed Coutinho for the way he acted off the pitch) I think its perfectly fair to state your observations. Neco seems a great yougman who could be a very good player one day but he isn't doing very well with first team play atm. Defensively he seems to get caught thinking way too much, rather than reacting.

His position gets off and he doesn't track his runner and gives too much space. He couldn't even properly mark his man on throw ins today. I dont think it would be a bad idea to allow Mily to back TAA and let Neco go out on loan in the Championship or just play the cup games. Right now first team play seems to be a lil to much right now.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #293: Aug 29, 2020 08:31:29 pm
      How do you complete your own crsses?

By there being a team member on the end if it, quite obvious isn't it?
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #294: Aug 29, 2020 08:33:29 pm
      Difficult against a low block but he would I am sure make a difference transitioning the ball and getting 15-20 yard balls quicker into the front three something which our midfield especially in the first half were struggling to achieve
      I agree with you. I also would add that the first 30 minutes of the first half when Arsenal still had gas in the tank, he could've broke play and subsequently the first line of press a bit better than what we were doing. Probably not the type of game where we would've felt that he made a enormous difference but he still would've brought a thing or two we did not have.

Though I don't agree with bashing any player when they try their best on the field (I bashed Coutinho for the way he acted off the pitch) I think its perfectly fair to state your observations. Neco seems a great yougman who could be a very good player one day but he isn't doing very well with first team play atm. Defensively he seems to get caught thinking way too much, rather than reacting.

His position gets off and he doesn't track his runner and gives too much space. He couldn't even properly mark his man on throw ins today. I dont think it would be a bad idea to allow Mily to back TAA and let Neco go out on loan in the Championship or just play the cup games. Right now first team play seems to be a lil to much right now.
      Nothing wrong with stating what you see and think. I agree with you, he definitely is having a lot of problems defensively. He was very naive on the goal that Aubameyang scored and you could see both VVD and Alisson were pissed. He left him in way too much space for him to set up and take the shot in addition to letting him cut onto his right foot way to easily. Kind of mistake that you pay for when the guy you're marking is such a lethal striker.

The window is still open for a little while. He might go out on loan but he also might improve. Klopp loves to work with a youngster or two and Jones and Neco sure seem to be his choices for the season so far.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #295: Aug 29, 2020 08:35:34 pm
      What a horrible post, imagine if I actually was suffering from depression and you are more or less encouraging me to kill myself, how dare you!

As it happens I'm not depressed, why would I be?  I'm not overly negative, I'm delighted with our season LAST year, but I am worried that this will be a tough season without reinforcements.

I'm definitely worried that an untimed injury in the back 4 or front 3 could really set us back. Im a FSG supporter for sure, but right now I'm scratching my head on how we've won the CL and League in the past 18 months and have only spent 25 mil on players. I know were in a pandemic, but surely we have enough money out away to invest in the club to keep the good times rolling.

Hell, if we can't for some odd reason afford it then we need to sell some players to grow funds. Shaq, Wilson, and Gruic need to bounce
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #296: Aug 29, 2020 08:39:23 pm

Huge potential but not ready at the moment, perhaps needs to be loaned out for a season.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #297: Aug 29, 2020 08:39:49 pm
      I agree with you. I also would add that the first 30 minutes of the first half when Arsenal still had gas in the tank, he could've broke play and subsequently the first line of press a bit better than what we were doing. Probably not the type of game where we would've felt that he made a enormous difference but he still would've brought a thing or two we did not have.
      Nothing wrong with stating what you see and think. I agree with you, he definitely is having a lot of problems defensively. He was very naive on the goal that Aubameyang scored and you could see both VVD and Alisson were pissed. He left him in way too much space for him to set up and take the shot in addition to letting him cut onto his right foot way to easily. Kind of mistake that you pay for when the guy you're marking is such a lethal striker.

The window is still open for a little while. He might go out on loan but he also might improve. Klopp loves to work with a youngster or two and Jones and Neco sure seem to be his choices for the season so far.

I agree. For me, Jones is a first team player who offers you creativity and shooting from distance. The difference in the two kids IMO is that one thinks he could be good and one KNOWS he's good. Jones oozes confidence and Neco is in his own head right now
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #298: Aug 29, 2020 08:41:13 pm

If you need any other confirmation about the quality Thiago brings just listen to the Pros about what he offers I am pretty sure they know a little more than people on here

Quick Reply