Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

When was the last time you genuinely got excited about the england team

Read 7488 times
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Re: When was the last time you genuinely got excited about the england team
      Reply #46: Jan 24, 2008 08:59:41 pm
      You have forgotten about friendly match vs Brazil

I thought England plaeyd well too. You see when your players are motivated often by themselves they can win everyone. It's my personnel opinion.
      But not all 11 individuals have been up for a game in ages, don't remember the  last time all 11 players put in a performance to be pleased with. England are sh*t, and to put it quite frankly, got what they deserved in the Euro qualifiers.
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #47: Jan 24, 2008 09:01:14 pm
        But they can be a team! I want to see your face when England win WC! ;)
      Shouldn't worry, we won't be alive come that day.
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #48: Jan 24, 2008 09:06:29 pm
      But not all 11 individuals have been up for a game in ages, don't remember the  last time all 11 players put in a performance to be pleased with. England are sh*t, and to put it quite frankly, got what they deserved in the Euro qualifiers.

I agree that England didn't come to Euro2008 deservedly, but don't agree England are what you called them. So how to call many other teams who have lower class than England?
      Shouldn't worry, we won't be alive come that day.

You may be, but I will be! :P
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #49: Jan 24, 2008 10:31:36 pm
      2002 world cup I was massive England fan, tears came down from my eyes when I saw England go out to Brazil.. I couldn't quite believe it! Seein Micky Owen getting a brilliant goal and then seeing England drop behind in such a short amount of time was cruel!

Then in 2004 Portugal I enjoyed watching England play well against Croatia, France etc... again I was devastated to see Zizou put two past us in the last few minutes, I simply couldn't believe it.

World Cup 2006 felt special, but I just didn't have that passion for England like I did in the last two tournaments, I felt dissapointed them being knocked out but my passion was with another team!
      SPARKYMARKY
      • Forum David Johnson

• 214 posts |
      • ian rush sent kendall to the bottle
      Reply #50: Jan 24, 2008 11:10:00 pm
      italia 90 " 4 me , goal by platt v belgium , really special . but semi was heart breaking !!
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #51: Jan 25, 2008 07:39:35 pm
      You can start to remember from 1966 year.
      England's performence in the final!
      I am sure it will be better performence in the future.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #52: Jan 26, 2008 01:56:35 am
      World Cup 2006 felt special, but I just didn't have that passion for England like I did in the last two tournaments, I felt dissapointed them being knocked out but my passion was with another team!

Actually I think that was the last time I got excited about England - when we got knocked out.  ;D  We all got together at a friends house and had a big party that went on until the very early hours. My mate 'borrowed' a big projector from his place of work, so we watched the match on that. Was well better than being in a pub. And even if it was a bit crap that the expected happened again, we just got the bbq going in the back garden after the match and put the tunes on.

Who was the other team your passion was with Ra?
      Fowler23
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 59 posts |
      Reply #53: Jan 26, 2008 11:18:18 am
      Euro 96 for me. Was heartbroken when we got knocked out. The buzz around the country was brilliant. Got quite excited when Mickey Owen scored against the Argies in 98, but I just knew even if we went through we would go out evenually because we weren't good enough. Its been the same feeling since really
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #54: Jan 26, 2008 12:50:12 pm
      I remember that Owen's goal as a turning point in my starting to be interested in football.
      I didn't watch Euro 2000, because I came back to football only in 2002.
      I have never forgotten match vs Argentina when I completely fell in love with football.
      Euro 2004 was good. I remember to read articles about perfect England performance vs France though lost

Quick Reply