Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Sheff Utd [Premier League] Sat 24th Oct @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 21st of October and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W12 D5 L7

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2020/21 Edition

Read 3382 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,947 posts | 1655 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2020/21 Edition
      Reply #75: Oct 06, 2020 04:29:11 pm
      It's a tough one for Jürgen he could go and bang some heads together but I think in the cases of Adrian and Gomez in particular there's a confidence issue and one that has just grew even bigger after Sunday.

If theres a manager who will be able to strike the right balance between the carrot and the stick then that will  be Klopp.

We got a pasting and the world moves on. Its 1 defeat and we are around the chasing pack. It's far from a crisis and while we need to learn some lessons from Sunday we also need to remember what we have achieved the  past few seasons and keep our heads held high.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 831 posts | 84 
      Reply #76: Oct 06, 2020 09:19:14 pm
      Peter Krawietz is the main man behind opposition tactics. I’m sure him and the analysts are already sorting out the lapses.

The way we copitulated, was clear, we had no answer.... at all.  Maybe its Gunga Footy, and let them worry, its the same team basically, so they know how to do it. Your thinking?
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,538 posts | 279 
      Reply #77: Oct 06, 2020 09:28:38 pm
      I am sure Jürgen will have the lads well prepared for the derby game, against our noisy neighbours, who are more like pretenders than genuine title challengers, in my own view.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,485 posts | 1803 
      Reply #78: Oct 06, 2020 10:32:25 pm
      I love Jürgen Klopp ♥️♥️♥️♥️
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,538 posts | 279 
      Reply #79: Oct 06, 2020 11:00:59 pm
      I love Jürgen Klopp ♥️♥️♥️♥️

Jürgen Klopp has proven himself, to be a perfect manager for the club.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,285 posts | 2631 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #80: Oct 07, 2020 10:04:16 am
      That's what I'm saying Ian, if he had brought Milner on while the game could still be salvaged his input may have been a game-changer; having said that playing a high game was our downfall and if Milner had played in a deeper role in the first half it could have affected the result.
      Hindsight is a wonderful thing mate.

Dunno Stuey,  we got it back to 2-1, maybe Jürgen was hoping it became 2-2, and went on from there, at 3-1 it was probably too late, fine margins and all that, in hindsight as you say, why not have Miner on at the start, away from home, no 1st choice keeper, no Mane, or Henderson, essentially weaker than last seasons game, but Villa were stronger, I just think Jürgen got it wrong on the day, a Fabinho, Gini, Keita midfield were no match to Grealish, McGinn and that bitter blue kunt Barclay,

No point pointing fingers, I’ve put it down as a very very bad day at the office, and we move on, end of the day we lost three points that’s all, can’t wait for the reaction?

Y  N  W  A
      brezipool
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,619 posts | 401 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Reply #81: Oct 07, 2020 10:54:04 am

Dunno Stuey,  we got it back to 2-1, maybe Jürgen was hoping it became 2-2, and went on from there, at 3-1 it was probably too late, fine margins and all that, in hindsight as you say, why not have Miner on at the start, away from home, no 1st choice keeper, no Mane, or Henderson, essentially weaker than last seasons game, but Villa were stronger, I just think Jürgen got it wrong on the day, a Fabinho, Gini, Keita midfield were no match to Grealish, McGinn and that bitter blue kunt Barclay,

No point pointing fingers, I’ve put it down as a very very bad day at the office, and we move on, end of the day we lost three points that’s all, can’t wait for the reaction?

Y  N  W  A

We did lose the battle in midfield big style. too many players had a very very bad day.

I was looking back at stats, we had plenty shots, and when watching it we were getting joy down the left, problem was they scored with almost every attack, was very bizarre, dont think ive ever seen a game with 3 deflections before, and so many rubbish passes straight to opposition.

I have no doubt the lads will bounce back big style, and put everton back in theyre place. ;-)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,893 posts | 3332 
      Reply #82: Oct 07, 2020 12:38:25 pm

Y  N  W  A

Swings and roundabouts on the day mate and we fell off them all but as you say an horrific day at the office, didn't want to put the mockers on it pre-game but Villa were always our bogey team in times gone by and what a bogey they threw on Sunday.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,285 posts | 2631 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #83: Oct 07, 2020 01:28:39 pm
      Swings and roundabouts on the day mate and we fell off them all but as you say an horrific day at the office, didn't want to put the mockers on it pre-game but Villa were always our bogey team in times gone by and what a bogey they threw on Sunday.

Same feeling had here too mate, in fact I thought we’d be in trouble once I learnt of Mane’s absence adding to Alisson being missing also, we scraped thru last season with two late goals so maybe the writing was on the wall, no Ali, no Henderson, no Mane, that’s akin to losing 65% of our spine, it’s no wonder we were off kilter, a goal keeping howler & 3 deflections allows some solace in that they wouldn’t normally have happened, however, we can’t really take anything away from Villa they could only play who was in front of them, and we were simply not good enough on the day.

Y  N  W  A
      LFCexiled
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,970 posts | 1494 
      • Lazarus of LFC
      Reply #84: Oct 16, 2020 01:58:33 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 31,321 posts | 4672 

Quick Reply