Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2020/21 Edition

Read 14384 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2020/21 Edition
      Reply #23: Sep 15, 2020 11:59:31 pm
      Read these words on FB this morning, no article, no mention of when it was said, so nothing concrete, but got me a bit excited!

Klopp: “Maybe I'll think about whether I should extend my contract with Liverpool or not."
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #24: Sep 16, 2020 06:44:04 am
      It’s not discrediting their efforts at all, far from it. But when you are conceding a goal at a ratio of 1 goal to every 2 shots on target, of course there is an element of luck to still be winning the games, hence why we ended up dropping points to the likes of Burnley and Arsenal despite dominating the game. If you don’t make the most of your chances then you are leaving yourself wide open to dropping points with any drops in concentration. Our luck ran out in the games we dropped points because we didn’t take our chances whilst the opponents were clinical. If we have 10+ shots on target or whatever but only score the 1 goal compared to the opponents having 2 and scoring the same amount then it’s clear as day you haven’t got the luck on that side of things.

It’s not a discredit to the team at all, it’s how it is. Concentration is a big part of winning games and ultimately, if you continue to give away silly goals then sooner or later it will result in defeats.

At the end of the day a game of football is luck, don’t know why some people take issue to saying if our luck will run out.

Your constant negativity is bringing every down
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #25: Sep 16, 2020 06:54:30 am

If it’s viewed as negative then so be it. If you think we’ve been solid defensively then fair play, that’s your take on it.

When we go on a good run of clean sheets and being solid defensively then we are all happy to praise it and say how good it is, so why is there seemingly a problem with expressing that IMO we haven’t been as good defensively. It can’t be a one way thing, it has to work both ways. We’d all be happy to call out a rival teams defensive issues if they were conceding like we are. City have spent the last 2 seasons looking like they have every chance of conceding in most games and we’ve all said that if teams are brave enough to actually have a go at them then they will concede, but it doesn’t take away their potential to win the game and for me that’s how it is for us at the moment.
      « Last Edit: Sep 16, 2020 07:07:29 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #26: Sep 16, 2020 06:55:41 am

How is it negativity? His points are valid and rational no point in having a forum if we’re all going to wear our rose red tinted glasses and play happy clappy.

Fact is we have an issue in defense that I’m sure Jürgen is working over time to address.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #27: Sep 16, 2020 07:12:11 am
      Read these words on FB this morning, no article, no mention of when it was said, so nothing concrete, but got me a bit excited!

Klopp: “Maybe I'll think about whether I should extend my contract with Liverpool or not."

Think he was asked about where he will be at in four years time
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #28: Sep 20, 2020 07:17:30 pm
      Jacob Steinberg in The Guardian from today's match:

"There was no chance of Jürgen Klopp lowering the volume, even when his brilliant team were closing in on a polished victory over one of the sides hoping to reel them in this season. No technical area could hold Liverpool’s manager. Every time Klopp saw complacency setting in, he marched down the touchline to bellow at his players, who could have been forgiven for checking the scoreboard just to make sure that they were still ahead."

Love it.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #29: Sep 21, 2020 12:02:54 am
      Jacob Steinberg in The Guardian from today's match:

"There was no chance of Jürgen Klopp lowering the volume, even when his brilliant team were closing in on a polished victory over one of the sides hoping to reel them in this season. No technical area could hold Liverpool’s manager. Every time Klopp saw complacency setting in, he marched down the touchline to bellow at his players, who could have been forgiven for checking the scoreboard just to make sure that they were still ahead."

Love it.

No let up & the way it should be..
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #30: Sep 21, 2020 11:50:40 am
      Anyone see the clip of him telling the bench off for celebrating the red? Pure class.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #31: Sep 21, 2020 11:51:45 am
      Anyone see the clip of him telling the bench off for celebrating the red? Pure class.

I read about it on the Dailymail but did not see the clip. Rightly so!
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #32: Sep 21, 2020 11:52:12 am
      I read about it on the Dailymail but did not see the clip. Rightly so!

https://youtu.be/z0iY761NtAA
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #33: Sep 21, 2020 11:59:04 am
      Have to staunchly disagree with Jürgen there. I'd have done a knee slide in front of Frank as soon as the referee pulled the red out of his pocket, but I suppose that's probably one of the many reasons why I'm working in this shitty office & not managing Liverpool Football Club
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #34: Sep 21, 2020 11:59:28 am

Class of his own :) And he did not want to fuel his clash with Frank. He showed him that he is the boss.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #35: Sep 22, 2020 12:46:58 am
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #36: Sep 22, 2020 01:51:19 pm
      Boss boss stat of the day:

Jürgen Klopp has become the fastest manager in Liverpool's history to reach 400 points in League football (all matches converted to 3 points a win).

Jürgen Klopp             - 184 matches
      Kenny Dalglish          - 197
      Bob Paisley                - 206
      Rafa Benitez              - 209
      Bill Shankly                - 229

Best manager of all time for me
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #37: Sep 25, 2020 07:11:20 pm

Still has some way to go to equal Bob's record.

He for me is stiill the best.
      Harrisimo

• 7,965 posts | 1355 
      Reply #38: Sep 25, 2020 07:45:15 pm
      On the defence debate.Is it that as well as holding a high line (which obviously hasn't gone unnoticed) Trent is not a great defender.Is he almost going a similar route to Bale, moving higher up. I think TBH Trent would struggle to hold his place on his defending alone.

There's also been the partners VVD has had. Lovren,Joe & Matip. Lovren iffy,Joe lost a bit of confidence and Joel wasn't always 100% fit. Robbo clearly needed a rest and was running on empty for a while. These issues and the changes in midfield were bound to have an effect.

After such a fantastic run errors, fatigue, loss of form etc all come into play. But we should now be recharged after the virus break and I expect to see us hold it together enough to be a contender at least, for all the trophies.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #39: Oct 01, 2020 02:16:35 pm
      What a genius this man is. Just watching highlights of the 15/16 season when he came in, it’s easy to forget how average we were and how much change he has brought about.

His home record in the Premier League is simply staggering. Since he arrived in October 2015, we have played 93 home matches and lost a grand total of 4 games. Our last home defeat in the PL was against Crystal Palace in April 2017. Since that game:

- 3 years, 5 months and 13 days have passed

- We’ve gone 61 matches unbeaten at home in PL, winning 50 of them

- Man United have spent £450m on new players and somehow got worse

- Chelsea have had three managers

- Spurs have built a stadium

- Gareth Bale has earned over £100 million pounds at Madrid, Lionel Messi has retired from international duty 40 times and Adele is now thin
      « Last Edit: Oct 01, 2020 02:29:09 pm by ConzS »
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #40: Oct 01, 2020 02:28:51 pm
      What a genius this man is. Just watching highlights of the 15/16 season when he came in, it’s easy to forget how average we were and how much change he has brought about.

His home record in the Premier League is simply staggering. Since he arrived in October 2015, we have played 93 home matches and lost a grand total of 4 games. Our last home defeat in the PL was against Crystal Palace in April 2017. Since that game:

Everton have spent 420 million, still haven't won a trophy, or even a derby, and have went from finishing 7th to finishing 12th
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #41: Oct 02, 2020 01:09:03 pm
      Quote from ConzS

He's a World Champion. His main rival in the dug out is a League Cup expert.

Jürgen constantly learns all the time and adapts to situations. The summer break in 2018 was a turning point. He finally realised that the football he wanted to us to play when he first arrived, wouldn't work in this league, and accepted that you didn't have to win 5-0 every week to win a league game. So he tweaked how we approach games, not change it completely. Yes we can wipe the floor with the opposition as we used to, but we can dig out a 1 goal win if we have to, we can slug it out, and as seen at Villa last season, we can score 2 goals late in the game if we need to. Either way it's 3 points. It took him a while to come round to it, but since he did, the results are astonishing.

By contrast, his rival has one tactic. If it fails, they fail, and it's now redundant. It's never going to win them the European Cup, and it's unlikely to hurt us much in the title race either. Teams who lose 9 games in a season don't win major trophies. We've lost 7 league games since October 2017, when playing Lovren and Moreno every week reached a tipping point.

We learned. We adapted. We succeeded. There's the difference.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #42: Oct 02, 2020 02:17:36 pm
      Yes Jürgen... whata gwhan shotta..👊🏼 😂😂😂😂

https://twitter.com/theredmentv/status/1310685637599809536?s=21
      « Last Edit: Oct 02, 2020 03:23:30 pm by Shabs »
      Harrisimo

• 7,965 posts | 1355 
      Reply #43: Oct 03, 2020 10:03:06 am
      Mane's out with the virus so Jota will probably start V Villa. Think the Premier league have said fixtures will be completed as long as clubs have at least 14 fit players, U21's included. So we could in theory be forced to play with a team full of U21's and whoever is fit so long as we can get 11 out there with 3 subs.
      « Last Edit: Oct 03, 2020 10:33:50 am by Harrisimo »
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #44: Oct 03, 2020 01:45:00 pm
      Mane's out with the virus so Jota will probably start V Villa. Think the Premier league have said fixtures will be completed as long as clubs have at least 14 fit players, U21's included. So we could in theory be forced to play with a team full of U21's and whoever is fit so long as we can get 11 out there with 3 subs.

Could have situations like we seen over the international break with Czech Rep where they pretty much had to fine any players for their game vs Scotland. It isn't ideal but to try squeeze all these games in doesn't leave much room for rearraging fixtures.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #45: Oct 03, 2020 01:56:12 pm

Nobody's going to like this, but don't think it couldn't be Origi replace Sadio tomorrow. Wouldn't surprise me.

Quick Reply