Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2020/21 Edition

Read 14398 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2020/21 Edition
      Reply #46: Oct 05, 2020 09:00:15 am
      Looked like the rest of the team last night, looked like a deer caught in headlights, didn’t seem to know what to do flow the stem.
      Probably a first in his career I imagine and hopefully the last.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #47: Oct 05, 2020 09:02:00 am
      Looked like the rest of the team last night, looked like a deer caught in headlights, didn’t seem to know what to do flow the stem.
      Probably a first in his career I imagine and hopefully the last.

I think he was shocked just as much as us & had faith in a team that delivered last season..

What a shitty Sunday evening all connected to the club had.. I don’t think the Boss slept well..
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #48: Oct 05, 2020 09:03:22 am
      ....I know I didnt..
      Kopite78
      Reply #49: Oct 05, 2020 09:16:19 am

What a shitty Sunday evening all connected to the club had.. I don’t think the Boss slept well..

Hes not the only one

He'll sort it though no doubt in my mind
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #50: Oct 05, 2020 09:27:42 am
      Another one who had a bad night sleep wise! I kept waking up and the first thought I had was, we actually got beat 7-2 by Aston Villa. There were times I thought I was having a nightmare, then reality kicked in. I’m still in a state of shock this morning, avoiding all press and tv and definitely all Evertonians, sadly the one I live with is unavoidable, he however knows better than to mention it!!
      As for Internationals, especially friendliest during a pandemic it really is madness!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #51: Oct 05, 2020 09:45:46 am
      Klopp in his own words yesteday is a 53 year old man who has seen it all in football so is aware of where our issues are.

Therefore I expect we will see a bit less of this high line bollocks next match and also Gomez and Firmino who are dreadful this season dropped to the bench.

I would even play Karius or Kelleher ahead of Adrian simply because they can't be worse so why not.

If Jürgen persists with the same starting 11 and tactics then we will be beaten by Everton.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #52: Oct 05, 2020 09:51:18 am
      Klopp in his own words yesteday is a 53 year old man who has seen it all in football so is aware of where our issues are.

Therefore I expect we will see a bit less of this high line bollocks next match and also Gomez and Firmino who are dreadful this season dropped to the bench.

I would even play Karius or Kelleher ahead of Adrian simply because they can't be worse so why not.

If Jürgen persists with the same starting 11 and tactics then we will be beaten by Everton.

Agree with all of this except on one point. Bobby, whether he deserves to be dropped or not I just don't see Klopp doing it, he has a soft spot for him, he hasn't been at his best for a while now and Jürgen has let it slide in terms of his team selections.
      Kopite78
      Reply #53: Oct 05, 2020 10:09:04 am
      Agree with all of this except on one point. Bobby, whether he deserves to be dropped or not I just don't see Klopp doing it, he has a soft spot for him, he hasn't been at his best for a while now and Jürgen has let it slide in terms of his team selections.

I didn't think he has a soft spot for him anymore than he does any other of his players

I just think he believes - like I do - that his style is integral to the way we operate as an attacking unit

However I dont think that will.cloud his judgement if he believes he needs a rest

Managers like Jürgen dont get to the level they do, or win the things they have by being soft
      Redangel

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #54: Oct 05, 2020 10:23:45 am
      Rumours we’re linked with Spurs 3rd choice keeper, can’t recall his name, but we’ll be linked with all sorts today.
      I thought Karius had left, Kelleher I thought we were looking to loan him out, that may be put on the back burner now. I feel for Adrian, but I don’t fancy him facing an in form Calvert Lewin! Just got to trust the Boss to do what’s needed.
      « Last Edit: Oct 05, 2020 03:39:13 pm by Redangel »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #55: Oct 05, 2020 01:18:38 pm
      See Buvac having a go at Klopp..claiming he was the manager for 17 years.. 🙄 bitter c**t.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #56: Oct 05, 2020 02:33:01 pm
      See Buvac having a go at Klopp..claiming he was the manager for 17 years.. 🙄 bitter c**t.
      Clearly been sitting on that for a while.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,632 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #57: Oct 05, 2020 02:59:35 pm
      I didn't think he has a soft spot for him anymore than he does any other of his players

I just think he believes - like I do - that his style is integral to the way we operate as an attacking unit

However I dont think that will.cloud his judgement if he believes he needs a rest

Managers like Jürgen dont get to the level they do, or win the things they have by being soft

This....

Although we see Jürgen hugging and praising his players, I have no doubt that if it comes down to being ruthless and dropping players who don't conform, he would have no hesitation.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #58: Oct 05, 2020 03:08:47 pm

He's a F***ing oddball glad we got rid.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #59: Oct 05, 2020 03:20:25 pm

We've won the CL, PL, UEFA Supercup and the Club WC after he left so...
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #60: Oct 05, 2020 03:30:01 pm

Are you going off headlines?

an article i found has this which is  hardly saying he was the manager for those years and is actually in alignment with what we had heard about him being "the brain" and having a big role at the club(s).

"I did the job of a manager, except speaking in public and giving interviews,' he added. 'Apart from that, I had all the functions and tried to influence my team as much as I could to help them succeed. But I didn't need that kind of attention."

Ultimately it is unfortunate that such a long relationship ended. They were very close and went to clubs as a team and now it appears they are not even on speaking terms.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #61: Oct 05, 2020 03:32:12 pm
      I think he was shocked just as much as us & had faith in a team that delivered last season..

Klopp moves on very quickly after defeats. I think in his book or an interview somewhere he said he walks home after a defeat to reflect on the game but he quickly turns the page.

Just a few hours after the biggest heartbreak you can have in the CL final he was out drinking with fans. He's not like fans who dwell on things.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #62: Oct 05, 2020 03:45:56 pm
      Does anyone think if Jürgen had brought Milner on earlier he might have steadied the ship?
      Redangel

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #63: Oct 05, 2020 04:52:22 pm
      Not really Stu, when he did come on there wasn't any steadying. That ship hit an iceberg early doors and all hands should've just called it a day and abandoned ship.

I actually thought most of them did abandon ship, a few tried to man the lifeboats, sadly, they too were holed by said iceberg! Desperately trying to pretend I’m over it, failing miserably!
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #64: Oct 05, 2020 05:03:33 pm
      Funny... must have missed pictures of him lifting the champions league and premier league trophies last couple of years, because I sure as hell didn’t see him 🙄
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #65: Oct 05, 2020 08:35:26 pm
      Not really Stu, when he did come on there wasn't any steadying. That ship hit an iceberg early doors and all hands should've just called it a day and abandoned ship.

That's what I'm saying Ian, if he had brought Milner on while the game could still be salvaged his input may have been a game-changer; having said that playing a high game was our downfall and if Milner had played in a deeper role in the first half it could have affected the result.
      Hindsight is a wonderful thing mate.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #66: Oct 05, 2020 09:25:12 pm
      After last night's calamity, I am just a bit concerned about who plays in goal against our rivals across the park. Signing an emergency keeper maybe the answer ?
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #67: Oct 05, 2020 10:18:30 pm
      Liverpool got HURT bigtime last night, JK has got a week to sort this out, the blues are looking good, but i think he, and the players will not let that happen again.  Midfield is key on this one, I havent watched them, but been told by evertonions ( not bitter), They are 4 games in with max points, so obs, I get stick, but last season I took it easy on them, and last night they were like kids in a free sweet shop.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #68: Oct 06, 2020 03:31:39 pm
      JK has got a week to sort this out

Peter Krawietz is the main man behind opposition tactics. I’m sure him and the analysts are already sorting out the lapses.

Quick Reply