Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2020/21 Edition

Read 14394 times
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2020/21 Edition
      Reply #69: Oct 06, 2020 03:57:12 pm
      Will be interesting to see how we respond and if not as expected, it will be even more interesting to see how Jürgen handles it.

Maybe Jürgen has to rattle the cage a bit and make a drastic benching to wake everyone up. Perhaps complacency is setting in and feeling of entitlement that "i'm going to start next game anyway", who knows.

If we beat Everton and go on a long winning run no one will care about the Villa game, but if we start running hot and cold then i think something will need to be done.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #70: Oct 06, 2020 04:29:11 pm
      It's a tough one for Jürgen he could go and bang some heads together but I think in the cases of Adrian and Gomez in particular there's a confidence issue and one that has just grew even bigger after Sunday.

If theres a manager who will be able to strike the right balance between the carrot and the stick then that will  be Klopp.

We got a pasting and the world moves on. Its 1 defeat and we are around the chasing pack. It's far from a crisis and while we need to learn some lessons from Sunday we also need to remember what we have achieved the  past few seasons and keep our heads held high.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #71: Oct 06, 2020 09:19:14 pm
      Peter Krawietz is the main man behind opposition tactics. I’m sure him and the analysts are already sorting out the lapses.

The way we copitulated, was clear, we had no answer.... at all.  Maybe its Gunga Footy, and let them worry, its the same team basically, so they know how to do it. Your thinking?
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #72: Oct 06, 2020 09:28:38 pm
      I am sure Jürgen will have the lads well prepared for the derby game, against our noisy neighbours, who are more like pretenders than genuine title challengers, in my own view.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #73: Oct 06, 2020 10:32:25 pm
      I love Jürgen Klopp ♥️♥️♥️♥️
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #74: Oct 06, 2020 11:00:59 pm
      I love Jürgen Klopp ♥️♥️♥️♥️

Jürgen Klopp has proven himself, to be a perfect manager for the club.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #75: Oct 07, 2020 10:04:16 am
      That's what I'm saying Ian, if he had brought Milner on while the game could still be salvaged his input may have been a game-changer; having said that playing a high game was our downfall and if Milner had played in a deeper role in the first half it could have affected the result.
      Hindsight is a wonderful thing mate.

Dunno Stuey,  we got it back to 2-1, maybe Jürgen was hoping it became 2-2, and went on from there, at 3-1 it was probably too late, fine margins and all that, in hindsight as you say, why not have Miner on at the start, away from home, no 1st choice keeper, no Mane, or Henderson, essentially weaker than last seasons game, but Villa were stronger, I just think Jürgen got it wrong on the day, a Fabinho, Gini, Keita midfield were no match to Grealish, McGinn and that bitter blue kunt Barclay,

No point pointing fingers, I’ve put it down as a very very bad day at the office, and we move on, end of the day we lost three points that’s all, can’t wait for the reaction?

Y  N  W  A
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #76: Oct 07, 2020 10:54:04 am

Dunno Stuey,  we got it back to 2-1, maybe Jürgen was hoping it became 2-2, and went on from there, at 3-1 it was probably too late, fine margins and all that, in hindsight as you say, why not have Miner on at the start, away from home, no 1st choice keeper, no Mane, or Henderson, essentially weaker than last seasons game, but Villa were stronger, I just think Jürgen got it wrong on the day, a Fabinho, Gini, Keita midfield were no match to Grealish, McGinn and that bitter blue kunt Barclay,

No point pointing fingers, I’ve put it down as a very very bad day at the office, and we move on, end of the day we lost three points that’s all, can’t wait for the reaction?

Y  N  W  A

We did lose the battle in midfield big style. too many players had a very very bad day.

I was looking back at stats, we had plenty shots, and when watching it we were getting joy down the left, problem was they scored with almost every attack, was very bizarre, dont think ive ever seen a game with 3 deflections before, and so many rubbish passes straight to opposition.

I have no doubt the lads will bounce back big style, and put everton back in theyre place. ;-)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #77: Oct 07, 2020 12:38:25 pm

Y  N  W  A

Swings and roundabouts on the day mate and we fell off them all but as you say an horrific day at the office, didn't want to put the mockers on it pre-game but Villa were always our bogey team in times gone by and what a bogey they threw on Sunday.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #78: Oct 07, 2020 01:28:39 pm
      Swings and roundabouts on the day mate and we fell off them all but as you say an horrific day at the office, didn't want to put the mockers on it pre-game but Villa were always our bogey team in times gone by and what a bogey they threw on Sunday.

Same feeling had here too mate, in fact I thought we’d be in trouble once I learnt of Mane’s absence adding to Alisson being missing also, we scraped thru last season with two late goals so maybe the writing was on the wall, no Ali, no Henderson, no Mane, that’s akin to losing 65% of our spine, it’s no wonder we were off kilter, a goal keeping howler & 3 deflections allows some solace in that they wouldn’t normally have happened, however, we can’t really take anything away from Villa they could only play who was in front of them, and we were simply not good enough on the day.

Y  N  W  A
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #80: Nov 23, 2020 08:58:20 am
      Wasn’t sure where to post this and apparently this wasn’t shared in the English media:

https://youtu.be/_UDKvHRaI-I

Spot on, our manager. Keep giving it to the greedy fuckers, boss.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #81: Nov 23, 2020 09:33:46 am
      Wasn’t sure where to post this and apparently this wasn’t shared in the English media:

https://youtu.be/_UDKvHRaI-I

Spot on, our manager. Keep giving it to the greedy fuckers, boss.

If I'm being honest,  I don't like to see this.  I remember Rafa going off on a tangent with his facts about Sir Alex and referees and he ended up down a bit of a rabbit hole. 

I don't think this kind of things helps the team.  He shouldn't let it get to him.  Let some other managers take up the crusade on this one.  It's a big distraction and let's face it - Sky and the media with vested interests in games every 3 days will end up painting him in a bad light if he continues to criticise them.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #82: Nov 23, 2020 11:11:16 am
      If I'm being honest,  I don't like to see this.  I remember Rafa going off on a tangent with his facts about Sir Alex and referees and he ended up down a bit of a rabbit hole. 

I don't think this kind of things helps the team.  He shouldn't let it get to him.  Let some other managers take up the crusade on this one.  It's a big distraction and let's face it - Sky and the media with vested interests in games every 3 days will end up painting him in a bad light if he continues to criticise them.

Nah, he’s right and he should speak up about it. He’s probably the most respected and influential manager in the world right now and he’s using that influence to point out the ridiculousness of the scheduling. Give Em hell Kloppo.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #83: Nov 23, 2020 02:47:19 pm
      I agree with you FL. He should say these things and if you watch the full interview it's very obvious that it comes from a place of concern about player welfare, not specifically what we have to do as a club, like play in Atlanta on Wednesday and then Brighton on Saturday morning.

It certainly didn't feel like Rafa's rant, which was solely aimed at Ferguson and the perceived advantage the FA gave him. In this case, Klopp is passionately and coherently talking about an issue which is affecting almost every club, and particularly those in European competition. I can imagine a lot of professional footballers nodding and being very pleased that a manager with Klopp's stature is trying to stand up for them on this.

Naturally Sky did not broadcast most of the interview, and have since DMCA'd a lot of the videos showing the full conversation. Here's one that's yet to go:
      https://streamable.com/7j4u9d
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #84: Nov 23, 2020 03:02:13 pm

Disagree completely.

Jürgen is the most passionate manager on the planet. He doesn't just care about protecting his own players, he cares about protecting the game.

He is also massively respected world wide so if the powers that be ignore him then it will be obvious they simply don't care about the game only the money it brings in.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #85: Nov 23, 2020 05:43:44 pm
      quite right by klopp. get them telt.
      With Hope In My Heart
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,263 posts | 182 
      Reply #86: Nov 23, 2020 06:07:01 pm
      Well said Jürgen.

Needs more managers - and managing directors to speak out.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #87: Nov 23, 2020 06:09:30 pm
      I'm with Jürgen this fixtures scheduling is a joke and has always has been.  There is no sense of responsibility.   Last year the most successful league team in the history of the competition were undermined.  They were undermined because of their success.  The league cup is the lowest ranked major tournament.  Every competition has the duty to have the best teams playing in the tournament never mind ignoring the European champions and cock up of the highest order because of lack of communication and of awareness.   FA Cup did the same thing in the same season.

Competition organisers can't just schedule without a sense of responsibility.   The premier league have to factor the European competitions not the other way round.  Wednesday night and 12:45 should just not be an option full stop not in normal seasons and especially not in this period.  The problem is nobody wants to take more responsibility than neccessary if though the consequences are effecting their interests. 

It is in the interests of the Premier league that the clubs that represent their national league on the continent do well to continue to be the best league in the world.  Do they care no!   
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #88: Nov 23, 2020 06:39:26 pm
      I agree with you FL. He should say these things and if you watch the full interview it's very obvious that it comes from a place of concern about player welfare, not specifically what we have to do as a club, like play in Atlanta on Wednesday and then Brighton on Saturday morning.

It certainly didn't feel like Rafa's rant, which was solely aimed at Ferguson and the perceived advantage the FA gave him. In this case, Klopp is passionately and coherently talking about an issue which is affecting almost every club, and particularly those in European competition. I can imagine a lot of professional footballers nodding and being very pleased that a manager with Klopp's stature is trying to stand up for them on this.

Naturally Sky did not broadcast most of the interview, and have since DMCA'd a lot of the videos showing the full conversation. Here's one that's yet to go:

Would not expect anything else from this noble and insightful Man. We are so lucky to have him at our helm
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #89: Nov 23, 2020 07:16:17 pm
      IF Jürgen doesn't speak out no one else does and that ladies & Gentle persons is a massive problem,  because the likes of Sky & BT in particular can dictate to clubs when & where they play and that cannot be right, as usual the EPL sit on their greedy little hands and allow this to happen,  as we have seen in recent weeks it's all about how much money they can glean thru ppv which suits their agenda perfectly,  when league games are spread over 5/6 days rather than the three on Saturday, Sunday & Monday evening,

We for example played on a Sunday evening, why couldn't we have played at 3pm Saturday?
      The dreaded internationals could have been put back to allow a full programme of games over the whole weekend,  including tonight,

Why can't our game V Burnley be played on Sunday @ 4pm , the scheduling is pathetic and definitely does not take into account the wellfare of players ,

I'm glad Jürgen has a pop, but he needs support from other managers and maybe just maybe somebody will finally take notice! ! Don't get holding yet breath though?

YNWA
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #90: Nov 23, 2020 07:28:31 pm

Thanks for posting. Wow.

Just, wow.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #91: Nov 23, 2020 07:33:40 pm
      IF Jürgen doesn't speak out no one else does and that ladies & Gentle persons is a massive problem,  because the likes of Sky & BT in particular can dictate to clubs when & where they play and that cannot be right, as usual the EPL sit on their greedy little hands and allow this to happen,  as we have seen in recent weeks it's all about how much money they can glean thru ppv which suits their agenda perfectly,  when league games are spread over 5/6 days rather than the three on Saturday, Sunday & Monday evening,

We for example played on a Sunday evening, why couldn't we have played at 3pm Saturday?
      The dreaded internationals could have been put back to allow a full programme of games over the whole weekend,  including tonight,

Why can't our game V Burnley be played on Sunday @ 4pm , the scheduling is pathetic and definitely does not take into account the wellfare of players ,

I'm glad Jürgen has a pop, but he needs support from other managers and maybe just maybe somebody will finally take notice! ! Don't get holding yet breath though?

YNWA

Pardon the very old pop culture reference, but if you replace pop music stars with footballers and you have the scenario depicted well here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMr3KtYUCcI

"And did we tell you the name of the game? We call it riding the gravy train."

Quick Reply