Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The 30 year wait

Read 8095 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: The 30 year wait
      Reply #46: Jan 30, 2021 07:12:47 pm
      History is written by the victors isn't it. That press conference has been rewritten as though it was some Keegan-esque meltdown but I think our form in the second half of the season after the "rant" was better than it was before. With the benefit of hindsight the reason we didn't win the title that year was not putting small teams to the sword at home, and to a lesser extent Macheda coming out of nowhere and rescuing two wins for United late on. Plus I don't know a single red who wasn't made up with him at the time for that press conference. Everyone was buzzing

Bang on, he was only saying what we had been saying for F***ing yonks and instead of kissing Ferguson's arse like the rest of the Fergie Wine Club set of managers, said what he felt.

And agree the early door draws against the likes of Hull didn't help.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #47: Jan 30, 2021 07:49:21 pm
      And agree the early door draws against the likes of Hull didn't help.

Remember us getting booed off after a home draw against West Ham to take us top of the table 😂
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #48: Jan 31, 2021 08:45:46 pm
      Remember us getting booed off after a home draw against West Ham to take us top of the table 😂

Yep.

Currently watching that sky documentary "End of the Storm" even in F***ing Wuhan, there's Liverpool fans!!

One speaks about how during the initial outbreak, the only thing getting him through was being able to watch us for 90 minutes.
      « Last Edit: Jan 31, 2021 09:10:48 pm by HUYTON RED »
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #49: Feb 01, 2021 12:32:59 pm
      Yep.

Currently watching that sky documentary "End of the Storm" even in f**king Wuhan, there's Liverpool fans!!

One speaks about how during the initial outbreak, the only thing getting him through was being able to watch us for 90 minutes.

Funnily enough just got it on now mate while I'm "working" from home. Only about 15 minutes in but it's great so far. Enjoyed the bit at the start where they played Groovy Train by the Farm. Love that tune & the very first time I heard it was on the 'No Heart as Big' documentary about the 01/02 season which I used to watch religiously on video as a kid, so watching this feels like a bit of a long awaited sequel in that sense ha.

Desperation to get back in the ground has already gone up tenfold after watching the first few minutes too
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #50: Feb 01, 2021 06:15:23 pm
      Funnily enough just got it on now mate while I'm "working" from home. Only about 15 minutes in but it's great so far. Enjoyed the bit at the start where they played Groovy Train by the Farm. Love that tune & the very first time I heard it was on the 'No Heart as Big' documentary about the 01/02 season which I used to watch religiously on video as a kid, so watching this feels like a bit of a long awaited sequel in that sense ha.

Desperation to get back in the ground has already gone up tenfold after watching the first few minutes too

Wait unti Lana Del Ray starts with YNWA at the end, must admit got a teeny bit emotional.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,091 posts | 1631 
      Reply #51: Feb 01, 2021 06:30:12 pm
      Wait unti Lana Del Ray starts with YNWA at the end, must admit got a teeny bit emotional.

What's this on Sky ?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #52: Feb 02, 2021 01:48:39 am

Yep was on Sky Documentary channel sunday at 9. I watched through the On Demand option straight after the match. Will be repeated and will probably appear on the sports channels at some point.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #53: Feb 02, 2021 08:51:37 am

If you haven't got Sky you can download the Cinema apk app for your Android phone or Firestick if you've got one, pretty straightforward. Just checked on mine out of interest and it's been uploaded on there
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #54: Feb 05, 2021 01:53:30 pm
      Amazing documentary on Sky there, a much more in depth focus on winning the league than the cheap and cheerful BBC effort. It also focused on how our global fanbase support the club, and becoming World Champions which the BBC completely ignored. We won't be it for much longer but hopefully we can win it again soon.

Quick Reply