Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Predictions For The Coming Season

Read 11976 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Predictions For The Coming Season
      Reply #92: Sep 07, 2020 08:01:55 am
      City will be favourites, of course they are, their still deemed the best ever team ever ever to have played in the prem , ever, Pep has strengthened bringing that world class CB Aki in, cough cough, they’ve lost their main playmaker Silva, Aguero when fit another yard slower, and the usual suspects will probably underperform again,
      I think Chavs may prove to be a bigger threat, if fat Frank can get his egotistical maniacs to sing the same tune, but that could work in our favour too, taking points off rivals, out of all of the supposed top 4 only we have a well oiled machine with little to no disruption, most have new players to bed in/ get used to prem level football,

I see no reason why we can’t continue with our consistency, take each and every game on its merits, the old and trusted ‘One game at a time’ mantra, injuries aside, I cannot see how anything can interrupt our progress, I don’t think we will run away with it like last season but I do believe we will retain and have a more than decent chance of the CL too,

Everyone keeps on about how we haven’t strengthened, all those so called experts on media shows, talkshite, sky, BT, but all that tells me is they don’t fully understand how Jürgen operates, he works with & sees his squad each and everyday, he knows their capabilities and their potential, if he feels he doesn’t need to bring new faces in he won’t, he believes  he has what is required already, I know it’s early days yet but I’m liking what Jones, Keita & Minamino have brought to the table so far,  the three amigos up front will  find their rhythm and be back to their irresistible best before long, our midfield has got stronger, added depth imo, and our defence is looking healthy too, add Tsimikas, Brewster, perhaps Grujic too we have ample cover for those who will need a rest.

All in all I think we will take some stopping, and if anyone does they’ll deserve all they get imo, despite the media’s love affair with Manchester, City in particular they still portray the ‘We hate Liverpool’  vibes, I don’t think that will ever change, even when they heap praise on us, I don’t feel it’s meant, not really, but the funny thing is I think we thrive on it, we love it , having a siege mentality, the ‘Us & them thing it works in our favour at times.

Y  N  W  A
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #93: Sep 07, 2020 11:47:19 am
      Done the BBC Sport prediction table for end of season.

Have gone

REDS

Chavs

City

Arse

Spuds

Scum

Wolves

Leeds

Leicester   

Blades

as the top half.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #94: Sep 07, 2020 12:12:22 pm

Have gone

REDS

Chavs

City

Arse

Spuds

Scum

Wolves

Leeds

Leicester   

Blades

as the top half.

Ok, but I'd be amazed if that's how it ends up.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #95: Sep 07, 2020 12:49:53 pm

Arse Spuds. Is that some sort of haemorrhoid?
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #96: Sep 07, 2020 01:03:58 pm

Have gone

REDS

Chavs

City

Arse

Spuds

Scum

Wolves

Leeds

Leicester   

Blades

as the top half.

Ok. I'll take it if that how it ends up. Even by GD on a scrappy goal or last minute controversial pen on the final day. Only one team and it's position matters. The rest is a waste of time. ;D
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #97: Sep 07, 2020 01:18:31 pm

Have gone

REDS

Chavs

City

Arse

Spuds

Scum

Wolves

Leeds

Leicester   

Blades

as the top half.

Not bad that Skip mate, I’d have MUtants above Spuds tho, and have Leeds swap with Foxes, think Wolves might threaten top 4, they are a good side improving each season, on a level with Arse for me, but Arse playing well under Arteta, won’t have the consistency to remain in top 4.

Y  N  W  A
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Reply #98: Sep 07, 2020 01:54:04 pm
      Our record post lockdown was
      W 4
      D 2
      L 2

Arsenal we should have beat
      City we were pissed
      Burnley we should have won
      Everton we should have won

All that considered we had enough points to win it before lockdown
      We will be fine, Jürgen will have us firing I have no doubt about it

Some fans dont understand how good this group of players are and how lucky we are right now

But those results over the course of a season wouldn't be enough to win the league, not even close, which was my point.
      Saying we should have won is the difference between pre and post lockdown; we would have won those games before lockdown, whereas afterwards we didn't.

I have no doubt in my mind that if the intensity returns and the stupid errors that have happened far too often recently are eradicated then we will win the league again, but the question remains whether or not we can simply switch it back on again.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #99: Sep 07, 2020 03:50:19 pm
      But those results over the course of a season wouldn't be enough to win the league, not even close, which was my point.
      Saying we should have won is the difference between pre and post lockdown; we would have won those games before lockdown, whereas afterwards we didn't.

I have no doubt in my mind that if the intensity returns and the stupid errors that have happened far too often recently are eradicated then we will win the league again, but the question remains whether or not we can simply switch it back on again.
      Do you think its possible the team were not playing at 100% after having won the title, yes or no? If No you're deluded if Yes you have the explanation for the different results pre and post lockdown.
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Reply #100: Sep 07, 2020 04:17:42 pm
      Do you think its possible the team were not playing at 100% after having won the title, yes or no? If No you're deluded if Yes you have the explanation for the different results pre and post lockdown.
      That might well have been the case, hence my question as to whether they can simply kick it up a gear again after 6 months.
      If they can then all will be rosey, if they can't then at least we'll know the warning signs were there.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #101: Sep 07, 2020 04:27:55 pm
      That might well have been the case, hence my question as to whether they can simply kick it up a gear again after 6 months.
      If they can then all will be rosey, if they can't then at least we'll know the warning signs were there.

I'll be honest with you, I was quite nervous after the first half of the friendly against Blackpool but the second half made me relax, I think the lads will be fine and it will hit the ground running against Leeds.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #102: Sep 07, 2020 08:41:29 pm
      I'll be honest with you, I was quite nervous after the first half of the friendly against Blackpool but the second half made me relax, I think the lads will be fine and it will hit the ground running against Leeds.

I hope you have a virtual neck brace to protect yourself against virtual whiplash.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #103: Sep 07, 2020 09:47:29 pm
      I hope you have a virtual neck brace to protect yourself against virtual whiplash.

Yeah that game was a bit like that!
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #104: Sep 07, 2020 10:02:21 pm
      City will be favourites, of course they are, their still deemed the best ever team ever ever to have played in the prem , ever, Pep has strengthened bringing that world class CB Aki in, cough cough, they’ve lost their main playmaker Silva, Aguero when fit another yard slower, and the usual suspects will probably underperform again,
      I think Chavs may prove to be a bigger threat, if fat Frank can get his egotistical maniacs to sing the same tune, but that could work in our favour too, taking points off rivals, out of all of the supposed top 4 only we have a well oiled machine with little to no disruption, most have new players to bed in/ get used to prem level football,

I see no reason why we can’t continue with our consistency, take each and every game on its merits, the old and trusted ‘One game at a time’ mantra, injuries aside, I cannot see how anything can interrupt our progress, I don’t think we will run away with it like last season but I do believe we will retain and have a more than decent chance of the CL too,

Everyone keeps on about how we haven’t strengthened, all those so called experts on media shows, talkshite, sky, BT, but all that tells me is they don’t fully understand how Jürgen operates, he works with & sees his squad each and everyday, he knows their capabilities and their potential, if he feels he doesn’t need to bring new faces in he won’t, he believes  he has what is required already, I know it’s early days yet but I’m liking what Jones, Keita & Minamino have brought to the table so far,  the three amigos up front will  find their rhythm and be back to their irresistible best before long, our midfield has got stronger, added depth imo, and our defence is looking healthy too, add Tsimikas, Brewster, perhaps Grujic too we have ample cover for those who will need a rest.

All in all I think we will take some stopping, and if anyone does they’ll deserve all they get imo, despite the media’s love affair with Manchester, City in particular they still portray the ‘We hate Liverpool’  vibes, I don’t think that will ever change, even when they heap praise on us, I don’t feel it’s meant, not really, but the funny thing is I think we thrive on it, we love it , having a siege mentality, the ‘Us & them thing it works in our favour at times.

Y  N  W  A

Absolutely top class post Billy  :)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #105: Sep 07, 2020 11:40:16 pm
      2 years ago we started to use 4-2-3-1 to incorporate Shaq into the team with the usual front 3. It always felt like it was an option that season but we never quite pushed on with it. Next season, the way Minamino is looking at the moment, we could be seeing a lot more 4-2-3-1.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #106: Sep 08, 2020 02:19:38 am
      2 years ago we started to use 4-2-3-1 to incorporate Shaq into the team with the usual front 3. It always felt like it was an option that season but we never quite pushed on with it. Next season, the way Minamino is looking at the moment, we could be seeing a lot more 4-2-3-1.

One thing evident from the first half of the Blackpool friendly, if we set up that way, the "2" (that time it was Fabinho and Keita) have got to play hell for leather or we will be exposed. Fabinho apparently wasn't in the mood Saturday and during the match you could hear some interesting conversation between him and Jürgen late in the first half. 2nd half starts and it was Curtis Jones out instead (and we scored 6 goals).

More attacking options are great to have of course, and Trent and Robbo will always be missed if not present, but the midfield, the midfield, the midfield - still vital to our performance.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #107: Sep 08, 2020 02:50:17 am
      I agree that Wolves do have the team and ability to finish higher.
      The reason I put the Spuds above the Scum was that I'm sure Maureen would want to get one over on O.G.S.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #108: Sep 08, 2020 09:05:25 am
      I agree that Wolves do have the team and ability to finish higher.
      The reason I put the Spuds above the Scum was that I'm sure Maureen would want to get one over on O.G.S.

He may want to get one over OGS and Man Utd, but that doesn'y mean he will, the Man Utd team and squad are stronger than Spurs and you'll see that over the course of a season.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #109: Sep 08, 2020 09:32:47 am
      If we're there or thereabouts come the New Year I'm very confident of us retaining it. Think we'll really kick on during the second half of the season when the likes of City & Chelsea have got to come to Anfield with (hopefully) close to full capacity
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #110: Sep 08, 2020 12:57:50 pm
      One thing evident from the first half of the Blackpool friendly, if we set up that way, the "2" (that time it was Fabinho and Keita) have got to play hell for leather or we will be exposed. Fabinho apparently wasn't in the mood Saturday and during the match you could hear some interesting conversation between him and Jürgen late in the first half. 2nd half starts and it was Curtis Jones out instead (and we scored 6 goals).

More attacking options are great to have of course, and Trent and Robbo will always be missed if not present, but the midfield, the midfield, the midfield - still vital to our performance.

I was watching, klopp was going nuts at fab, shouting just win the tackle, win the tackle. ;D
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #111: Sep 09, 2020 01:01:14 pm
      Having been masters of picking up points for the past two seasons, my perspective of the game has changed.

It’s a game of picking up points faster that all the other 19 teams. When teams strengthen and we don’t, the direct impact is our head to head. Only two games. The rest of their games are out of our control. And the fight is really between this team and us. Who picks up more points against the rest of the 18 teams.

Tim Werner to Chelsea? The direct impact to us is only two games. If we can consistently pick up three points against all other teams, how much is Timothy Werner at Chelsea going to affect us? 

I’m no longer one dimensional. We must win every game in style. We need the best players and the most expensive players. No. In fact we need players who know how to secure three points. Winning in style with the best players is only one way and a very expensive way.

Other dimensions of picking up points include winning scrappy, last minute goals with a so called useless Divock at the right place and the right time having done nothing all game. Players who know how to get the job done and secure the points. Where we don’t have oil money, this is what works for us.

Do that for 38 games and you win the league. No team can destroy every opponent 8-0 for 38 games. Even if you sell your entire oil reserves and have the best 11 plate on the planet. Luck will get the better of you someday.

If it ain’t broken, don’t fix it. Fear not if there’s no big name signings. Direct impact is only two games.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #112: Sep 09, 2020 03:25:05 pm

Maybe that's why the Thiago rumors persist?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #113: Sep 10, 2020 12:22:31 pm
      Never fails to amaze me the love of negativity. We have spent no money. Boo hoo

So a team that in the past 2 seasons won 196 points will all of a sudden now forget how thats done.

A team with the best goal keeper in the game and best centre half and some of the mosr potent attackers in the game, no longer counts because we spent nothing?

Some of the best young talent in the game who have shown they have what it takes to be champions while still learning the game. Guys like Trent, Joe Gomez, theyll regress now as we have spent no money. As will Jones and Elliott.

Keira and Minamino as they are starting to find a run of form now will revert to being bit part players and Henderson Robbo Milner will lose all hunger and passion to be winners.

Finally Klopp will no longer demand the best from his team nor get it because hell start wearing suits now and stand still on the line because hes spent no money.....

We would all love to sign players it makes you feel good, tge fact we havent changes nothing because this squad is different in nearly every way to any other.....Theyll be hard to top and if anyone does theyll be worthy champions....byt for me we retain the trophy

Champions 2021
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #114: Sep 10, 2020 12:48:59 pm
      Never fails to amaze me the love of negativity. We have spent no money. Boo hoo

So a team that in the past 2 seasons won 196 points will all of a sudden now forget how thats done.

A team with the best goal keeper in the game and best centre half and some of the mosr potent attackers in the game, no longer counts because we spent nothing?

Some of the best young talent in the game who have shown they have what it takes to be champions while still learning the game. Guys like Trent, Joe Gomez, theyll regress now as we have spent no money. As will Jones and Elliott.

Keira and Minamino as they are starting to find a run of form now will revert to being bit part players and Henderson Robbo Milner will lose all hunger and passion to be winners.

Finally Klopp will no longer demand the best from his team nor get it because hell start wearing suits now and stand still on the line because hes spent no money.....

We would all love to sign players it makes you feel good, tge fact we havent changes nothing because this squad is different in nearly every way to any other.....Theyll be hard to top and if anyone does theyll be worthy champions....byt for me we retain the trophy

Champions 2021

Well yes that is all on the plus side, but on the negative side;

- We still don't have good cover for our brilliant forwards, although there are encouraging signs from Minamino an dperhaps even Brewster
      - We have one less CB
      - We have a key midfielder who may or may not want to leave, but either way is entering the final year of his contract, which means lost transfer fee unless we either sell him or convince him to sign a new contract.

Quick Reply