Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Predictions For The Coming Season

Read 11975 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Predictions For The Coming Season
      Reply #115: Sep 10, 2020 02:06:52 pm
      Well yes that is all on the plus side, but on the negative side;

- We still don't have good cover for our brilliant forwards, although there are encouraging signs from Minamino an dperhaps even Brewster
      - We have one less CB
      - We have a key midfielder who may or may not want to leave, but either way is entering the final year of his contract, which means lost transfer fee unless we either sell him or convince him to sign a new contract.

One less centre back who everyone moaned about when he played.

Gini I hope stays but we might tweek the system slightly anyway so that might lessen that impact.

That front 3 will play every major game bar injury when they dont Brewster needs to be allowed show he has what it takes, Shaq, Minamino likewise, even Elliiot
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #116: Sep 10, 2020 03:06:17 pm
      One less centre back who everyone moaned about when he played.

Gini I hope stays but we might tweek the system slightly anyway so that might lessen that impact.

That front 3 will play every major game bar injury when they dont Brewster needs to be allowed show he has what it takes, Shaq, Minamino likewise, even Elliiot

I totally agree with your argument. Fabinho or Henderson can cover the CB if needed.
      Stifmeister
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #117: Sep 10, 2020 03:12:37 pm
      I expect one of the FA cup/League /CL titles.

https://youtu.be/Pe8AmPrHY2s
      All fixtures for 20/21
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #118: Sep 10, 2020 04:09:43 pm
      I totally agree with your argument. Fabinho or Henderson can cover the CB if needed.

Yes they can cover CB in an emergency, but would they be as good as Lovren, I think not, therefor we have weakened in that position
      Kopite78
      Reply #119: Sep 10, 2020 05:03:41 pm
      Yes they can cover CB in an emergency, but would they be as good as Lovren, I think not, therefor we have weakened in that position

Fabinho could do a job at cb, and a good one I'd suggest, but at the same time that makedo takes something away from the midfield

Hendo at cb back? Nah
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #120: Sep 10, 2020 06:53:20 pm
      The closer to the start we get the more nervous I’m feeling... my heart says we retain it but my head says we come second, I don’t see us blowing teams away as easily until we get crowds back, I think we are probably the one team in the world that uses the crowd to our advantage the most, so it almost feels like we are missing a player without them there, and I think we’ve seen that since the restart...

Still think we should be strengthening aswell but can’t see that happening. I read somewhere that outside the front three that Dijk was our next highest scorer? That shows how much we rely on them, and we’ve been extremely lucky with injuries to them, so I’m a nervous wreck worrying about an injury to one of them...

Also, and most importantly, Salah cut his hair, and if I’ve learnt one thing from players changing their hair up... it’s not good /s
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #121: Sep 10, 2020 09:15:19 pm
      Also, and most importantly, Salah cut his hair, and if I’ve learnt one thing from players changing their hair up... it’s not good /s

Whatever about Mo clipping his hair, would like to see Milly go the other way and grow out a beard ...

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #122: Sep 10, 2020 09:19:47 pm
      Minamino with 10 goals and 10 assists this season.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #123: Sep 10, 2020 11:28:19 pm
      Minamino with 10 goals and 10 assists this season.

I'll take that bet! He will be more involved for sure, but I don't see those kinds of numbers from him.

Naby Keita to have his breakout season for Liverpool.

TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #124: Sep 11, 2020 09:54:23 am
      Got a feeling Bobby could be the man this season. Started the last campaign like a house on fire but his levels dropped slightly as the season progressed.

Was a bit wasteful in front of goal (certainly towards the tail end of the season) so I think he might feel as though he has a point to prove, and if like some have pondered, we end up using a 4-2-3-1 / 4-2-1-3 formation on a more regular basis with Minamino playing as a bit of a number 10, then he should find himself on the end of a lot more chances as opposed to creating them.

Feel we could well see him get 30 goals this season across all comps

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #125: Sep 11, 2020 01:29:13 pm
      Got a feeling Bobby could be the man this season. Started the last campaign like a house on fire but his levels dropped slightly as the season progressed.

Was a bit wasteful in front of goal (certainly towards the tail end of the season) so I think he might feel as though he has a point to prove, and if like some have pondered, we end up using a 4-2-3-1 / 4-2-1-3 formation on a more regular basis with Minamino playing as a bit of a number 10, then he should find himself on the end of a lot more chances as opposed to creating them.

Feel we could well see him get 30 goals this season across all comps

I would love for you to be right on this but I highly doubt it, his form and function in the team would have to radically alter for him to score 30 in a season.

I actually think the opposite might be true that his decline continues, in terms of goal scoring, with sporadic good games here and there, and that we instead see more and more of Minamino
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #126: Sep 11, 2020 02:17:07 pm
      I would love for you to be right on this but I highly doubt it, his form and function in the team would have to radically alter for him to score 30 in a season.

I actually think the opposite might be true that his decline continues, in terms of goal scoring, with sporadic good games here and there, and that we instead see more and more of Minamino

Was looking at his stats the other day and he scored 27 in all comps in 17/18, so he's definitely got it in his locker

Granted Coutinho was playing for us at the start of that season, but we could see Minamino kick on and get used in a similar, creative role.

Think it's certainly a possibility if he keeps his consistency and is a bit more clinical
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #127: Sep 12, 2020 12:11:04 am
      Mo to go on a weekly scoring rampage and to beat his 44 goals from a couple of seasons back!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #128: Sep 12, 2020 06:30:51 am
      Anything can happen, the monkeys off our backs, and the only pressure the boys should feel is having to win every game, but their used to that now aren’t they,
       I’m really excited by the options we now have especially from midfield, the injection of added pace & creativity from Keita & Minamino adds another dimension of what went before, how many times last season were we screaming for more creativity, both of those players alone has already boosted a phenomenal front line,
      You can add a young hungry Curtis Jones that no one has seen the best of yet, but by F**k is he the real deal or what, this lad has it all, he plays like he’s been here for years but he’s only fookin 19, you can see the confidence this lad holds, he’s fearless, and best of all he bleeds Liverpool Red, his DNA gets spread all over Anfield with his sweat & his spit,

Jürgen is bang on, we’re not going to defend our title, we’re going to attack it, and attack it we will, when I think about the football we can play when we’re on it, and add the creativity, f***in getting a semi here, sh*t, we will be unbelievable, no one will get near us, we won at a canter last season, I think we will be even better, we haven’t signed anyone except Tsimikas, because we don’t need to, they players we should sign are already here, as for messers, Salah, Firmino & the wonderful Mane there will be goals aplenty from them, and more from other areas too, I don’t know how many, all I do know is that there will be enough to have us crowned Champions......Again !

Y  N  W  A

Quick Reply