Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Georginio Wijnaldum (Barça / Bayern Munich)

Read 24759 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Georginio Wijnaldum (Barça)
      Reply #69: Sep 08, 2020 12:02:50 pm
      No, I think you have advocated for all of those things (and much more) over the years.

OK you clearly have some sort of issue with me pal and its getting a bit tiresome to be honest with you.

Regarding Klopp I was unhappy with some of the things he did in his first few seasons but I'm not sure I ever consistently called for him to go, perhaps I did in an angry rant but I certainly don't hold that opinion now so what's the relevance of mentioning it?
      Regarding Mo, I still hold the view that if we could bring in a top class forward then I'd sell him, but it would have to be someone at the level of Mbappe, Lewandowski, Muller etc, ie top echelon.
      Regarding the Norwich striker Puki I think I mentioned signing him in relation to us not strengthening last summer, I thought he could have been a very good option for our squad, but his form went over a cliff so in hindsight probably not a big loss.

Any other old topics you want to drag up in your attempt at wumming?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #70: Sep 08, 2020 01:14:40 pm
      OK you clearly have some sort of issue with me pal and its getting a bit tiresome to be honest with you.

Regarding Klopp I was unhappy with some of the things he did in his first few seasons but I'm not sure I ever consistently called for him to go, perhaps I did in an angry rant but I certainly don't hold that opinion now so what's the relevance of mentioning it?
      Regarding Mo, I still hold the view that if we could bring in a top class forward then I'd sell him, but it would have to be someone at the level of Mbappe, Lewandowski, Muller etc, ie top echelon.
      Regarding the Norwich striker Puki I think I mentioned signing him in relation to us not strengthening last summer, I thought he could have been a very good option for our squad, but his form went over a cliff so in hindsight probably not a big loss.

Any other old topics you want to drag up in your attempt at wumming?

Wumming typically is advancing things that are not true in order to evoke an angry response. You've just owned up to each of the things I mentioned. Not wumming.

I really don't have an issue with you other than that I disagree with almost everything you say. You argue with things I post, and fair enough, it's a discussion board. I don't mind. I reserve the right to debate topics and in this case, I appealed to the actual facts on our finances as to why we aren't making the purchases you want. You answered that if you were owner, you'd take out a loan to buy those players. I just mentioned that with the things you've advocated over the past few years, if you were the owner we wouldn't be in the same boat at this point. THAT is why I brought up past comments of yours. Words mean things.

But it really is not personal. None of this is life and death stuff, at least not for me.

If I met you in person I'd buy you a beer and we could talk about it all, or something else.
      Benladdie3000
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 92 posts | 19 
      Reply #71: Sep 18, 2020 06:40:33 pm
      Ideally we keep him and have a midfield to go after all 4 comps
      liverpoolcore
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 104 posts | 10 
      Reply #72: Dec 09, 2020 06:20:34 pm
      Ideally we keep him and have a midfield to go after all 4 comps
      He won't be keen to stay though only to feature in alternate games
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #73: Dec 23, 2020 08:38:35 pm
      We tried to sign Can, he refused our offer and we said fine leave. It’s not like Klopp planned to let him leave.

Perhaps Gini should be reminded just how far Can progressed after leaving us as well  ;D And Coutinho for that matter.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #74: Dec 23, 2020 09:16:08 pm
      Perhaps Gini should be reminded just how far Can progressed after leaving us as well  ;D And Coutinho for that matter.

And Torres?
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #75: Dec 23, 2020 11:01:36 pm

None of these ex-Liverpool players have enhanced their careers. If anything they have gone into a seemingly, downward spiral.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #76: Dec 23, 2020 11:16:41 pm
      None of these ex-Liverpool players have enhanced their careers. If anything they have gone into a seemingly, downward spiral.

Think Luis did alright there for a while but he's Luis Suarez, so that was always going to happen. As for the rest ...nada!
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,091 posts | 1631 
      Reply #77: Dec 23, 2020 11:28:18 pm
      Think Luis did alright there for a while but he's Luis Suarez, so that was always going to happen. As for the rest ...nada!

Sterling  :roll:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #78: Dec 24, 2020 12:57:26 am
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #79: Jan 02, 2021 08:13:18 am

Not sure if Owen was part of your reference of players. But I believe he was one who did enhance his own career though... for himself and his precious England appearances.

Every Owen for himself on the England team.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #80: Jan 02, 2021 01:35:53 pm
      Not sure if Owen was part of your reference of players. But I believe he was one who did enhance his own career though... for himself and his precious England appearances.

Every Owen for himself on the England team.

McManamon went on to bigger things as well
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #81: Jan 03, 2021 06:45:31 pm
      If we lose Gini we should look at Youri Tielemans in the summer.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #82: Jan 03, 2021 07:02:04 pm
      If we lose Gini we should look at Youri Tielemans in the summer.

Good shout that I think he's a top player and similar in style to Gini.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #83: Jan 10, 2021 08:03:18 pm
      Has Gini turned down another contract offer in recent days then ?
      And iff so, anyone know how many years were offered.

Word has it, he was apparently holding out for 4 years, so if he was offered that and still didn’t sign, sounds like he’s Barca bound.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #84: Jan 16, 2021 04:57:43 pm
      NEWS: Gini Wijnaldum will reject Liverpool's last-ditch efforts to keep him at the club – to fulfil a boyhood dream with Barcelona. Wijnaldum wants to follow in the footsteps of Johan Cruyff, Ronald Koeman and Frank Rijkaard. [Mirror]
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1631 
      Reply #85: Jan 16, 2021 07:39:38 pm
      Aw well put a shift in please Gini good luck shame but be careful what you wish for and what you will miss
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #86: Jan 16, 2021 11:27:04 pm
      Klopp has turned him into a player that Barca crave.

He will be relatively easy to replace and probably upgrade I imagine.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #87: Jan 17, 2021 01:17:14 am
      Klopp has turned him into a player that Barca crave.

He will be relatively easy to replace and probably upgrade I imagine.

I think Thiago was his replacement. They probably knew that Gini was going and that’s why they pushed so hard for Thiago. Just my opinion.

Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #88: Jan 18, 2021 07:03:10 pm
      I think Thiago was his replacement. They probably knew that Gini was going and that’s why they pushed so hard for Thiago. Just my opinion.

Maybe, but we definitely need to get a lil younger in that position. Even if Gini stays that will put Hendo, Mily, Gini, and Thiago all 30 or over next season. When you factor in that Kieta has the body of a 50 year old and Ox possibly on the way out that leaves Jones as the only young cat in the middle of the park.

Next seasons MF hopefully consist of Hendo, Fab, and Thiago. Would love to see us go after Grealish, but it won't happen. Definitely need bring in an up and comer
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #89: Jan 18, 2021 07:49:12 pm

I don't, we offered Gini a new contract after Thiago signed. Why would Gini want to go to Barca now? They're at the worst point they've ever been: huge debts, terrible tranfer decisions, managers come and go, a huge bloated board, greatest ever legend about to leave.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #90: Jan 18, 2021 08:23:07 pm
      I don't, we offered Gini a new contract after Thiago signed. Why would Gini want to go to Barca now? They're at the worst point they've ever been: huge debts, terrible tranfer decisions, managers come and go, a huge bloated board, greatest ever legend about to leave.

But the weather's F***ing lovely.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #91: Jan 18, 2021 09:06:32 pm

Indeed.

It always amazes me when people don't understand why players would like to play for Barca.

No matter what state they currently are in they are always one of the most attractive clubs to aspire to play for.

Quick Reply