Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Leeds United (Sat 12th September 17.30 KO)

Read 7217 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Leeds United (Sat 12th September 17.30 KO)
      Reply #46: Sep 11, 2020 06:52:50 pm
      Players to wear an anti-racism patch instead of the Black Lives Matter patch this season, due to some views of the other including defunding the police.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1633 
      Reply #47: Sep 11, 2020 07:42:42 pm
      Think these will have a good at us and maybe get some joy but think will edge it second half
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #48: Sep 11, 2020 08:35:53 pm
      Less than 24hrs now. Still can't get my head round it :)
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #49: Sep 11, 2020 09:04:06 pm
      Did I hear right that players will take the knee for every single match next season, this is getting a bit silly now isn't it, I understood and applauded doing it for one match, much like doing a 1 minute's silence when someone in the game passes away or other events but putting this issue above all other issues facing the world, especially at a time when so many are suffering and worried about Covid is sort of perverse and I'm not convinced it will achieve anything positive. What I mean by that is that almost everyone rejects racism already and huge strides have been taken to combat it in recent times, which must surely be very good, but instead of celebrating that we are presented with a narrative of all non Black people essentially being racist which is not really fair, to put it mildly.

As Far as I'm concerned,  ALL lives matter, no colour of their skin comes into it, but you have elements who want to cause unrest regardless. Football is trying to apease
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 1,632 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #50: Sep 11, 2020 09:22:14 pm
      Just one more sleep to go before we kick off again, feel like a kid at Christmas  ;)

Won't be an easy start at all, but I think our overall quality will shine through especially as the game goes on, I expect Leeds will come at us right from the kick off hoping to catch us on the break and get an early goal, let's hope Virgil and the rest of the defence are on their game and keeps them at bay.

Excited....muchly  :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :aaliverpoolwz0: :aaliverpool2xt1:
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #51: Sep 11, 2020 09:46:03 pm
      I predict after kickoff, Leeds will do some things reasonably well. We will have a moment where we don't perform up to our potential. This will cause more or less a meldown among some posters.

This will be the cue for some to start bemoaning our transfer business, and certain players will come under a good bit of criticism for not having scored a hat trick by whatever point this happens.

Then we will win and the same people crying panic will act as if nothing happened.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 1,632 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #52: Sep 11, 2020 09:59:54 pm
      I predict after kickoff, Leeds will do some things reasonably well. We will have a moment where we don't perform up to our potential. This will cause more or less a meldown among some posters.

This will be the cue for some to start bemoaning our transfer business, and certain players will come under a good bit of criticism for not having scored a hat trick by whatever point this happens.

Then we will win and the same people crying panic will act as if nothing happened.

Spot on Robby  :lmao:
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #53: Sep 11, 2020 10:56:42 pm
      Excited to get started on a new season even if itā€™s under BS circumstances. Game should be good and we need to be careful. I imagine Leeds will come out full of energy and adrenaline after being back in the PL but ultimately we are far too good for them.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #54: Sep 11, 2020 11:45:59 pm
      Well lads and ladies this is f***in it. Not long to go now till we attack the league again. OK, we only have a new deputy to Andy singed but we walked it last season and you can't say City were not trying.

We would all love Thiago signed of course we would but at the expense of the energizer bunny that is Gini. We go again and we all trust Klopp and we trust this group of players, I certainly do. Excuse my grammar I'm Irish and I'm drunk. Next thing you know Bradley Wiggans will claim me.. YNWA
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #55: Sep 11, 2020 11:48:06 pm
      Bielsa says Anfield is not Anfield unless it's full.

Klopp says: "But itā€™s still Anfield Itā€™s our home & we are Liverpool. That should not sound like a threat... but it must be the most intense game Leeds ever had.ā€

ā€œYou have never played a team like usā€.

Oh, it's on!

And it doesn't sound like a threat. Sounds like a promise.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #56: Sep 12, 2020 12:31:21 am
      4-2-3-1.

Defence is obvious and picks itself.

Keita and Fab the 2 with Minamino coming into the team. The way Minamino has been playing through pre-season, think it would be a mistake not starting him, he's full of confidence now and looks raring to go.

Jones makes a good case to start too but I can't really see that happening yet.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #57: Sep 12, 2020 01:42:48 am
      First off, thanks Cas/Klopps Snood for being back and starting the First Official match thread for the new campaign. Let's hope you are our new lucky charm.

Second off, Go you Mighty Reds ...can't wait till KO 2.30am Aussie Time and start work at 08.30 so should be fine...to go to work  ;D ;D, which is in the next room.  :D :D   2-1 for me. Love our opening days! Mo to kick us off.

Finally, Heimdell...I read a lot of your stuff and some of it's really good mate but I can't understand why you would even want to bring up the kneel mate. It's not like you are doing it, so why does something like that have to bother you? Just get pumped and watch us go to work!

Bring on The New Seasons as Reigning Champs! ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK!!!

RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #58: Sep 12, 2020 03:28:49 am
      Salah hat-trick please, my triple captain this week.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #59: Sep 12, 2020 05:54:02 am
      Did I hear right that players will take the knee for every single match next season, this is getting a bit silly now isn't it, I understood and applauded doing it for one match, much like doing a 1 minute's silence when someone in the game passes away or other events but putting this issue above all other issues facing the world, especially at a time when so many are suffering and worried about Covid is sort of perverse and I'm not convinced it will achieve anything positive. What I mean by that is that almost everyone rejects racism already and huge strides have been taken to combat it in recent times, which must surely be very good, but instead of celebrating that we are presented with a narrative of all non Black people essentially being racist which is not really fair, to put it mildly.

Your wrong mate, continuing the ā€˜Taking the Kneeā€™ is exactly what the players should do, the message has to get thru to those who donā€™t or refuse to understand that racism has no place in sport nor anywhere, NOT everyone rejects racism as you say mate, in the past campaignā€™s such as ā€˜Say no to Racism, etc donā€™t work because they fade away and donā€™t have the power that it requires,
      Almost every player in every team should be behind this campaign, and everyone should take the knee for as long as possible, it may look tiresome, and you may say Yeah whatever when they do it, but if they didnā€™t then that too would fade away and the racists win,

The strides you say that have been taken are not long enough, everyone to a man has to do their bit, even here in Joe Blogg Street, Iā€™ve heard countless ppl being racist, saying racist things, but said nothing, but have witnessed others nod in agreement of what they have heard, and that is the part of the problem, we all live in fear of saying something instead of speaking our minds, in case of reprisals, that is sad of a society for which is supposed to have freedom of speech,

As for our footballers, they must continue doing what they do, and Iā€™d go further too, next time they hear racist chants or comments from the crowd, or indeed from a opponent, make it known to your captain report to the Ref, and walk off the pitch, itā€™s the only way, reporting to governing bodies is all well & good but F**k all seems to happen about it, no one hears anything thereafter, but walking off the pitch would have a major effect, it will seriously piss of those in the crowd, and in turn they would turn on the racists,

It has to stop, and it has to stop now, no matter how fed up you are with it all, WE are all one and the same, I may have pink skin, my friend may have brown skin, but we all have arms & legs and eyes and ears, brains ,hearts & minds, we are just ppl, simples !

Y  N  W  A

RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #60: Sep 12, 2020 09:50:28 am
      Feels weird the season starting so soon after the last one finished.

Weā€™ve set a ridiculous standard for ourselves over the last two seasons and the challenge is to match or even better that, starting today. Gone 3 0 in the prediction league.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2741 
      Reply #61: Sep 12, 2020 10:16:02 am
      Iā€™m sure itā€™ll change by 5.30 but Iā€™d be lying right now if I said was hyped for this.

Maybe itā€™s the lack of fans or maybe itā€™s the quick turn around but the idea of things kicking off again today feels a bit strange.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #62: Sep 12, 2020 10:55:48 am
      Iā€™m sure itā€™ll change by 5.30 but Iā€™d be lying right now if I said was hyped for this.

Maybe itā€™s the lack of fans or maybe itā€™s the quick turn around but the idea of things kicking off again today feels a bit strange.

Been weird hasn't it. No parade, quick turnaround etc. Sort of fells as though we've been robbed a bit of our opportunity to properly celebrate & bask in it
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #63: Sep 12, 2020 11:08:19 am
      At this time last season, we were still hurting having lost the title narrowly. Then we started like we wanted every opponent dead and played some boss football, winning the league convincingly. Itā€™s amazing how failure can motivate us.

A year later, weā€™re champions. We werenā€™t the best team sometime back, but we can all evolve to be the best.

Today the club that failed to get the title two seasons ago, start as Champions. If we all try hard and work hard enough, we can be great.  Letā€™s go out there and win the league again.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #64: Sep 12, 2020 11:15:09 am
      One massive advantage we have today is the fact our front three haven't been away on International duty and stayed behind at Melwood getting involved in some serious tactical training with what bits of the squad JĆ¼rgen had to work with..
      Kop or no Kop we'll smash dirty Leeds today..
      3-1
      up the f***in Reds !!
       :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #65: Sep 12, 2020 01:29:11 pm
      Well Iā€™m up for it alright keen to see what this Bielsa set up is all about. Will be forced to watch on mobile as my 17 month old has buried the remote God knows where in the house. Been searching high and low for the last hour to no avail. Come on you reds!
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 844 posts | 235 
      Reply #66: Sep 12, 2020 02:44:52 pm
      Well Iā€™m up for it alright keen to see what this Bielsa set up is all about. Will be forced to watch on mobile as my 17 month old has buried the remote God knows where in the house. Been searching high and low for the last hour to no avail. Come on you reds!

Come on, Dad. All tvs can be operated without the remote. Just play around with the buttons sat the back.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #67: Sep 12, 2020 02:51:33 pm
      Will be forced to watch on mobile as my 17 month old has buried the remote God knows where in the house. Been searching high and low for the last hour to no avail. Come on you reds!

Schoolboy error there.  It'll be in the bog, bin or toy box I'll wager.

Not got infra-red on your phone.  Often have to use the remote control app on my phone for the tele out of sheer laziness.
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Reply #68: Sep 12, 2020 04:03:26 pm
      I think this will be a far tougher game than many outsiders are expecting.

Leeds will be well up for this, and the lack of a crowd will work in their favour.

2-1 to us....... but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they nick it 0-1.

Quick Reply