Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leeds?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      1 (0.9%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (1.9%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      1 (0.9%)
      Mohammed Salah
      100 (93.5%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (0.9%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      2 (1.9%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Voting closed: Sep 16, 2020 07:22:21 pm

Liverpool 4-3 Leeds United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 17812 times
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Leeds
      Reply #322: Sep 12, 2020 07:44:09 pm
      Yeah I cant believe Jürgen kept his job only getting 99 points last season

If you think the performances have been the same since Feb/early March, you're watching something else.

When do we get the points we got last year added to this year's competition?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Re: Liverpool 4-3 Leeds United: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #323: Sep 12, 2020 07:44:32 pm
      An abysmal performance in truth and we’ve got away with it by the skin of our teeth. Aside from Salah, nobody done themselves any favours compared to what they are capable of.

We’ve been like this since February and we don’t seem to be learning our lesson.

Can’t remember the last time Alisson saved a shot by the way.

Salah was back to what we know he’s capable of. Man of the match by a long shot.

Klopp as much at fault as the players today; Hendo clearly wasn’t ready to start, the subs were wrong because Gini should have gone off instead of Keita and Bobby should have been off by the hour mark.

Not good enough and we need to significantly step it up because we have an even tougher game next week. Hopefully we will see Minamino get the start he should have gotten today.

3 incredibly lucky points.

Agree with the Becker shout, he’s lost his mojo right now
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1644 
      • YNWA
      Reply #324: Sep 12, 2020 07:46:09 pm
      Shout out to Curtis Jones' Mam  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #325: Sep 12, 2020 07:46:29 pm
      Take the win but defending like that wont catch on.

Matip back in.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #326: Sep 12, 2020 07:47:45 pm
      Perfect if nobody scores 4 goals at the end of match day 1.

Now that was a prophetic post  ;D
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #327: Sep 12, 2020 07:49:55 pm

That (joint) is that a good smoke mate ?

Not sure what you mean there. I think Aussie Red can point you in the right direction though  ;)
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,924 posts | 283 
      Reply #328: Sep 12, 2020 07:53:26 pm
      We didn’t test the keeper enough. Leeds were wide open and we kept screwing up tiki taka while overloading them at the edge of the box. Don’t understand all the Salah love. Good shot after some woeful Leeds defending to leave him completely free at the edge of the box but I don’t think did too much else other than be his usual greedy self.  Robertson my MOTM. Mr consistent. No need to talk about the rest of the back line though. Hope Virgil has his annual clanger out of his system now. Regardless we got the result. Need to tighten up for the next two matches.
      paulow63
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 661 posts | 85 
      Reply #329: Sep 12, 2020 08:00:12 pm
      Thought Curtis substitute changed game, need to get VVD and TAA back up to 8&9s instead of 5 or 6 performances. Anyway a win is 3 points whether it's 1-0, 4-3 or 6-0.

Actually a bit like a pre-season but credit to Leeds.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 849 
      Reply #330: Sep 12, 2020 08:35:53 pm
      Some good, some bad. The usual, it's opening day of the season (with not much rest between seasons if I may add).

Some great things in the attacking third, sloppy stuff at the back from the whole backline except Robbo I'd say but this is the type of sloppiness you gradually lose in the opening weeks of the season and what distinguishes big teams from the rest is the ability to find a way and get the 3 points on such sloppy evenings and we did the job.

Ruthless Mo. Bobby was sloppy on his final touch but yet so effective and involved in the buildup. Mane was more subdued but we all know him, he's warming up and will shortly explode in the face of Chelsea or Arsenal's backline.

The midfield was under the radar IMO but I think this is usually a good sign in our system. Hendo looked out of breath at some times but we all know he's coming back to fitness. Gini was also a bit invisible and if my memory is correct he uncharacteristically lost the ball on a few occasions and also kinda looked bad kicking the ball straight at the keeper on the Bobby cross he took his time to strike but like everybody else today you can't blame him for not hitting the ground running at 100%.

I'll take the three points, a week of training, some tightening at the back, and hopefully another 3 points against the ''Homegrown'' boys out of London

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #331: Sep 12, 2020 08:48:22 pm
      I'm pissed.

We're the champions of England.

We're the champions of the world.

Mo Salah looking like Mo F***ing Salah again.

Carra is turning more and more in to a c**t the more i hear him commentate on us.

Martin Tyler tries to end his texts with hieroglyphics the absolute thunder c**t. God, I hate that man. Stealing a F***ing living.

Three points, F**k the world.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #332: Sep 12, 2020 08:56:11 pm
      It was a scrappy win, a lot of rustiness in attack and defence but the key thing is we created a tonne of chances.
      I am a but concerned about Allison's shot stopping, I'm not saying any of the Leeds goals were easy saves but he wasn't near any of them, hopefully just a slight dip in form, his command in the box is still good though.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #333: Sep 12, 2020 09:09:10 pm
      In the end our experience combine with luck saw us to 3 points, this group just continues to find the goal when needed but overall it was a sloppy game on both ends.

TAA had a rough showing, didn't offer much going forward and getting beat by Harrison time after time. First goal between TAA, Gomez and Alisson was tough to watch. Also the third goal where Fabinho, Gini and Jones were all ball watching and no one picked up the run by Leeds players who ended up scoring (it was a nice finish).

Even in the attack we did create a handful of good chances but there was too many poor balls on the counter which allow the Leeds defenders to get back. There were a few counters where it was 4v4 or 4v3 where we misplace the ball and the chance would go to waste. If we were sharper on the counter we could of put 6 or 7 goals by them because they left so much space.

I am not as big on Jones as some supporters are on this form but he looked good off the bench and it shows Klopp has a lot of faith when he would 95 percent of the time put Milner on. Also enjoyed that drilled shot on the 2nd goal. Hopefully we see more of that as the season goes on.

paulow63
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 661 posts | 85 
      Reply #334: Sep 12, 2020 09:42:45 pm
      A prize of pride to the first correct answer to name all Liverpool's 4-3 games since 1990.  That includes W or L. Just for a bit of fun because I think we must have the most 4-3 matches in the history of football. (Leeds may feature again).
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #335: Sep 12, 2020 09:43:09 pm
      How sharp was Salah!?
      Lots of mud from so called reds gets thrownhis way. Totally unjustified.
      « Last Edit: Sep 12, 2020 09:48:43 pm by Scottbot »
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #336: Sep 12, 2020 09:47:17 pm
      As usual Klopp said it best, we left a lot of room for improvement defensively to say the least. With the ball there was plenty of good stuff but we didn't kill the game at 3-2 when we could have done so.

Leeds played brilliantly, and whilst it's never good to concede three at home, I like that we had a big challenge against an intense team in our first game, and we came out with three points.

Leeds will be fine if they manage to sustain that level throughout the year.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #337: Sep 12, 2020 10:13:09 pm
      We didn’t test the keeper enough. Leeds were wide open and we kept screwing up tiki taka while overloading them at the edge of the box. Don’t understand all the Salah love. Good shot after some woeful Leeds defending to leave him completely free at the edge of the box but I don’t think did too much else other than be his usual greedy self.  Robertson my MOTM. Mr consistent. No need to talk about the rest of the back line though. Hope Virgil has his annual clanger out of his system now. Regardless we got the result. Need to tighten up for the next two matches.

https://twitter.com/basstunedtored/status/1304849626470776833?s=21
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,276 posts | 762 
      Reply #338: Sep 12, 2020 10:15:28 pm
      At this stage 3 points, is all that all that matter, defence obviously needs to tighten up. Fair play to Leeds for their courageous display.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,121 posts | 126 
      Reply #339: Sep 12, 2020 10:29:43 pm
      How sharp was Salah!?
      Lots of mud from so called reds gets thrownhis way. Totally unjustified.

Opinios mate, like arseholes, every has one. If Mo, scores another 2 or 3 of them, we are on our way. 1st game, 3 points
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,285 posts | 2805 
      Reply #340: Sep 12, 2020 10:31:32 pm
      Salah was different gravy today. Goals aside he was electric, beating players and leading the attack.

The back five bar Robbo though - F***ing hell! Need them to step it up quickly. Especially Virgil and Ali - they’ve been far too casual since lockdown and when you consider their experience it’s not good enough.

Interestingly I thought that game was identical to the Norwich home game last season. Good going forward but awful at the back. Only difference was Leeds were more clinical.

We sorted ourselves out well after that time and I back us to do it again.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #341: Sep 12, 2020 10:44:51 pm
      We won.

Beats the alternative.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #342: Sep 12, 2020 11:16:13 pm
      Not sure how salah didn’t get 100% in the man of the match vote on here? Incredible today, he put the team on his back!
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,437 posts | 1461 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #343: Sep 12, 2020 11:35:50 pm
      I think I’d prefer Matip playing the next game, I just feel more solid with him next to Virgil, and he offers more of a goal threat I think.

Saying that I think Virgil needs to bring himself back down to Earth a little, don’t want him letting the status of best CB going to his head, he’s gradually allowing mistakes creep in because he’s just being too cool.

Fabinho has to start, there was a massive hole in midfield without him there.

Salah looking at his best!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #344: Sep 12, 2020 11:41:19 pm
      Find the silver cloud mate, Tyler constantly saying 'cock' in a scouse accent is wonderful.

And it was a stolen cock

Quick Reply