Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leeds?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      1 (0.9%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (1.9%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      1 (0.9%)
      Mohammed Salah
      100 (93.5%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (0.9%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      2 (1.9%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Voting closed: Sep 16, 2020 07:22:21 pm

Liverpool 4-3 Leeds United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 17542 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,095 posts | 1635 
      Re: Liverpool 4-3 Leeds United: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #391: Sep 14, 2020 11:58:08 am
      Thanks for the reminder, we'd all forgotten we have the best CB in the world!! ;-)

BTW I disagree Virgil is a risk taker, no CB should ever be a risk taker, he is a highly skilled and confident player and at times that can look laid back, but it most certainly isn't, at the moment he's just a bit sloppy in his play, his focus is not quite right, but he'll get back to his best soon, I have no doubt about that.

Course he is a risk taker how else do you think the mistake occurred he could of just smashed it away but he didn't he tried to find Robbo which was punished
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #392: Sep 14, 2020 01:24:49 pm

You would drop Virgil, fookin hell Heimy, were you ‘dropped’ on your head or something  ? While most will have seen Virgil in somewhat calamitous mode  occasionally it hardly warrants a kick up his arse, he’s human not a robot, as immense as he is he’s still prone to the odd error, if anyone needs a kick up the hole it’s Joe, he could do with a wee rest just so he can get his head right, work on his game and to keep him hungry,
      Joel having come through his injury will be chomping to start, so I’d put him in against Chavs, we were far from our best all over the pitch V Leeds, but first real game of a new season there’s bound to be some rust.

There’s nothing to gain by benching the best CB on the planet, for me he’d have to shag Linda before I dropped him 🤪.

Y  N  W  A

hmm, what I said was "I'd even consider dropping Virgil just to give him a bit of a kick up the arse", how in your brain does that become and absolute I'd drop him???
      Is there perhaps some bias/agenda involved whenever you read my posts or are you just not capable of comprehending the English language?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #393: Sep 14, 2020 01:26:16 pm
      Course he is a risk taker how else do you think the mistake occurred he could of just smashed it away but he didn't he tried to find Robbo which was punished

do you have more examples of all the risks Virgil takes every game, what I normally see is a supremely confident and strong defender who plays the percentages and keeps it safe.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #394: Sep 14, 2020 02:31:13 pm
      hmm, what I said was "I'd even consider dropping Virgil just to give him a bit of a kick up the arse", how in your brain does that become and absolute I'd drop him???
      Is there perhaps some bias/agenda involved whenever you read my posts or are you just not capable of comprehending the English language?

What’s with the stirring H, anybody would think your on a mission of total Wummery, almost every post on almost any topic you seem to be at odds with anyone who takes umbrage with your posts, your post above for example you are indicating that you would drop Virgil, myself and others question your consideration but then you go on one believing we’re have some kind of agenda against you,

Just for the record , you always have a negative attitude on topics which most of us can part take in a debate, offering opinions others may have overlooked, it seems though you alway counter whatever anyone says simply for some sort of reaction, in other words you are Wumming.

I have no agenda against you although I will admit your negativity gets on my tits, it’s nothing personal, you are entitled to your opinion, for the most part a large pinch of salt is required, may I suggest you employ the same and stop your obvious Wummery ?

Y  N  W  A
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,456 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #395: Sep 14, 2020 02:43:33 pm
      Whole team has been sh1te defensively since the restart tbh. but that was ok, cos league was won, then it was friendlies.

Hopefully now everything is competitive again, the defending will get better and the individual errors will lessen.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #396: Sep 15, 2020 05:25:01 am
      First goal was mainly Hendo not being up to speed and covering for Trent, followed by a good individual effort.

2nd goal was some mixup between Virgil and Alisson. I think Virg thought Allie was coming for it and when he didn't he flailed at it, giving it away.

3rd goal was Curtis, Neely on, not following his man (maybe confused w Can as to whose man it was, I may be wrong thinking it was Curtis' runner, but Klopp seemed to indicate this post match.

Any issue with defending is a team issue, not a back line issue or a one player issue.

I happen to think we are going to be playing in such a way where we both score and concede more goals this season. Get ready for a wild ride ladies and gents!
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #397: Sep 15, 2020 07:08:34 am
      First goal was mainly Hendo not being up to speed and covering for Trent, followed by a good individual effort.

2nd goal was some mixup between Virgil and Alisson. I think Virg thought Allie was coming for it and when he didn't he flailed at it, giving it away.

3rd goal was Curtis, Neely on, not following his man (maybe confused w Can as to whose man it was, I may be wrong thinking it was Curtis' runner, but Klopp seemed to indicate this post match.

Any issue with defending is a team issue, not a back line issue or a one player issue.

I happen to think we are going to be playing in such a way where we both score and concede more goals this season. Get ready for a wild ride ladies and gents!

I don’t remember Hendo being anywhere near their first goal or being at fault in any way, I’d have to watch it again. I do remember thinking Gomez didn’t help Trent out at all though and he let the man cut inside far too easily. The pair of them made a mess of it.

Second goal falls solely on VVD. Alison could have helped him out by giving him a clear shout to get rid perhaps, but once it’s obvious your keeper isn’t coming for the ball then you deal with it, you’re taught that at a very young age. As we know, he’s a lovely footballer VVD, but sometimes there’s nothing wrong with putting your boot through the ball and sending it to row Z and that’s what he should have done there.

Jones was definitely a reason why we conceded the third but I actually feel a bit sorry for him. He seems to have taken the flack because the scorer was essentially his man, but there were so many errors leading to that goal, starting with salahs poor attempt at holding the ball from the throw and letting the defender get in front of him with ease. He could have shielded it much better and won us a free kick there.

All three were a shambles in truth and if we defend like that every week then we will struggle for top 4, never mind regain our title! I’m sure it’s something Klopp is seriously working on at present.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,456 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #398: Sep 15, 2020 09:41:32 am
      Whole team defended poorly, the long balls that caught us out , should have been cut off at source.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #399: Sep 15, 2020 10:38:42 am
      I don’t remember Hendo being anywhere near their first goal or being at fault in any way, I’d have to watch it again. I do remember thinking Gomez didn’t help Trent out at all though and he let the man cut inside far too easily. The pair of them made a mess of it.

Second goal falls solely on VVD. Alison could have helped him out by giving him a clear shout to get rid perhaps, but once it’s obvious your keeper isn’t coming for the ball then you deal with it, you’re taught that at a very young age. As we know, he’s a lovely footballer VVD, but sometimes there’s nothing wrong with putting your boot through the ball and sending it to row Z and that’s what he should have done there.

Jones was definitely a reason why we conceded the third but I actually feel a bit sorry for him. He seems to have taken the flack because the scorer was essentially his man, but there were so many errors leading to that goal, starting with salahs poor attempt at holding the ball from the throw and letting the defender get in front of him with ease. He could have shielded it much better and won us a free kick there.

All three were a shambles in truth and if we defend like that every week then we will struggle for top 4, never mind regain our title! I’m sure it’s something Klopp is seriously working on at present.

Midfielders have a responsibility to cover the fullbacks when they push forward and that was Hendo's side. That he was not in the area is part of the problem, and more than one comm, including Aldo, mentioned he was laboring in first half.

I am remiss though in that defending is always a team deal, and that was the case Saturday. Shared responsibility.
      « Last Edit: Sep 15, 2020 12:55:51 pm by Robby The Z »
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #400: Sep 15, 2020 12:12:59 pm
      Midfielders have a responsibility to cover the fullbacks when they push forward and that was Hendo's side. That he was not in the area is 0art of the problem, and more than one comm, including Aldo, mentioned he was laboring in first half.

I am remiss though in that defending is always a team deal, and that was the case Saturday. Shared responsibility.

But it was a long ball forward played to their left wing. Hendos fairly quick but he’s not sonic. Agree he was poor though and shouldn’t have played.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #401: Sep 17, 2020 05:36:21 am

Come on, bruh. You have to pick up on this sarcasm. I wouldnt drop VVD from the squad if he were missing one of his legs, and I damn sure wouldn't say to play Sepp over him. I was just stirring the pot.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #402: Sep 17, 2020 08:45:59 am
      We scored 4 goals on our first day back at work, for the 4th time in the past 5 seasons, despite everyone saying we didn't play well at the start of last season, and the one before that. Despite that, we've racked up 199 points from the last 77 league games. We are now 60 home league games unbeaten. It's an incredible record. Even without crowds, we still win our home games.

Well done to Mo, for setting a new opening day record, and great to see VVD chip in with a goal as he did on Day 1 last season. Only 2 home wins, and 6 home goals scored from 8 games across the league. Our first two games are a chance to put 6 points on the board and build immediate pressure on our main rivals before they kick a ball, and the first 3 have been delivered.   

Quick Reply