Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Diogo Jota - Wolves

Read 13341 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Re: Diego Jota - Wolves
      Reply #46: Sep 18, 2020 07:54:26 pm
      Totally and utterly trust Klopp, only 23, prem experience - could end up being a superstar!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #47: Sep 18, 2020 08:02:36 pm
      Would have much preferred Jimenez. Jota is a decent player but heā€™s not really a player you can turn to and think heā€™s got a goal or assist in him. We need more goals from the bench and covering players but Jota isnā€™t that type of player. Iā€™m not really too sure why weā€™ve gone for him when we have Minamino who is probably the bigger threat of the two. I tend to watch a lot of Wolves games and I canā€™t say Iā€™ve ever been particularly impressed and thought heā€™s the sort of player we need, especially at that price. The fee isnā€™t massively far off what Werner would have been.

But again, it goes to show that nobody has a clue what we are doing recruitment wise because they were all pushing the Sarr talk.

I think we are still going to be lacking that player to really push the front 3 for a place in the team.

Signing Jota gives us strong cover for our front three now as we'll have Mane/Jota, Firmimo/Minamino, Salah/Ox.

Great depth.

Ox canā€™t play in in the front 3, he struggles 9 times out of 10 when he plays there.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #48: Sep 18, 2020 08:11:50 pm
      Would have much preferred Jimenez. Jota is a decent player but heā€™s not really a player you can turn to and think heā€™s got a goal or assist in him. We need more goals from the bench and covering players but Jota isnā€™t that type of player. Iā€™m not really too sure why weā€™ve gone for him when we have Minamino who is probably the bigger threat of the two. I tend to watch a lot of Wolves games and I canā€™t say Iā€™ve ever been particularly impressed and thought heā€™s the sort of player we need, especially at that price. The fee isnā€™t massively far off what Werner would have been.

But again, it goes to show that nobody has a clue what we are doing recruitment wise because they were all pushing the Sarr talk.

I think we are still going to be lacking that player to really push the front 3 for a place in the team.

Ox canā€™t play in in the front 3, he struggles 9 times out of 10 when he plays there.

The coaching team rate him and they have been spot on lately, I remember a few years ago everyone said Traore was crap/headless chicken.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #49: Sep 18, 2020 08:16:31 pm
      The coaching team rate him and they have been spot on lately, I remember a few years ago everyone said Traore was crap/headless chicken.

I donā€™t care what people thought of Traore a few years ago, we arenā€™t signing him.

Our coaching team also rated Karius.
      Just because our staff rate someone doesnā€™t mean we canā€™t have our own opinion.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #50: Sep 18, 2020 08:18:22 pm
      Gonna be the pedant here and say isn't it Diogo not Diego?  :D
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #51: Sep 18, 2020 08:19:50 pm

13million is quite significant difference really though isn't it and I am sure the wages will be slightly different also
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #52: Sep 18, 2020 08:27:33 pm
      13million is quite significant difference really though isn't it and I am sure the wages will be slightly different also

Not really when one is a proven goal scorer and can really push our front 3 for a place. Where as Jota seems a significant amount of money for a player who in all honesty isnā€™t going to really push the front 3 anywhere near as much.

I bet there are very few who have watched Wolves and thought ā€œyeah Jota is a player we need to go spend 35/40mill on to really bolster our attackā€.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #53: Sep 18, 2020 08:31:59 pm
      I donā€™t care what people thought of Traore a few years ago, we arenā€™t signing him.

Just because our staff rate someone doesnā€™t mean we canā€™t have our own opinion.

F**k sake, being all miserable again I see.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #54: Sep 18, 2020 08:33:30 pm
      F**k sake, being all miserable again I see.

Itā€™s called a forum, donā€™t want to see more than the same opinion then piss off. Blert.

Funny how you liked my posts still.
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #55: Sep 18, 2020 08:35:30 pm
      Not really when one is a proven goal scorer and can really push our front 3 for a place. Where as Jota seems a significant amount of money for a player who in all honesty isnā€™t going to really push the front 3 anywhere near as much.

I bet there are very few who have watched Wolves and thought ā€œyeah Jota is a player we need to go spend 35/40mill on to really bolster our attackā€.

16 goals in all comps not a bad return and some players flourish under different managers and clubs give him a chance and let's see
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #56: Sep 18, 2020 08:37:22 pm
      Flat out in work here and just seen this.

After asking about him in the Hoever thread as well. ;D

I think he's a very talented player and could be a great signing.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #57: Sep 18, 2020 08:47:54 pm

Of course it doesn't, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but our scouts have been very very good in recent years, so if they are choosing Jota over Sarr then I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #58: Sep 18, 2020 08:52:57 pm

Agree I've never been that impressed in the admittedly very few times I've watched Jota play so Ā£35 million seems a lot.

But there's no doubt he has something about him and if JĆ¼rgen wants him then that's good enough for me he hasn't got much wrong in the transfer market with us to date.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #59: Sep 18, 2020 08:59:13 pm
      Itā€™s called a forum, donā€™t want to see more than the same opinion then piss off. Blert.

Funny how you liked my posts still.

I liked your sensible one before I scrolled down and saw the usual miserable sh*te you spout. Bet youā€™re a right laugh down the pub
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #60: Sep 18, 2020 09:02:36 pm
      I liked your sensible one before I scrolled down and saw the usual miserable sh*te you spout. Bet youā€™re a right laugh down the pub

:tosser:
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #61: Sep 18, 2020 09:05:47 pm
      Probably one of them on twitter begging for another lockdown
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #62: Sep 18, 2020 09:06:37 pm
      A bit like Sir Bob, JĆ¼rgen gets average players and turns them into world beaters.
      Letā€™s see whatā€™s weā€™ve got for our money halfway through the season after jurgens worked his magic on him !
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #63: Sep 18, 2020 09:07:45 pm
      Like a few on here don't like it when they are wrong think they are the oracle on everything and when they get dug out squeal like stuffed pigs
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #64: Sep 18, 2020 09:10:22 pm
      Like a few on here don't like it when they are wrong think they are the oracle on everything and when they get dug out squeal like stuffed pigs

Quite happily admit when Iā€™m wrong, if Iā€™m wrong I happily say it. Unlike you. All about the narrative with you though.

Said yesterday how I was happily wrong about Thiago. Funny how you ignore that though isnā€™t it and dig out what I said when we were very first linked with him.

But to be honest, I couldnā€™t give a toss about you or LondonRed, have far too much going on for pricks like you. You can both carry on this petulant little thing if you want but youā€™ll be getting no more responses from me.

Apologies for having an opinion.

Adios.
      « Last Edit: Sep 18, 2020 09:18:10 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #65: Sep 18, 2020 09:13:44 pm
      A bit like Sir Bob, JĆ¼rgen gets average players and turns them into world beaters.
      Letā€™s see whatā€™s weā€™ve got for our money halfway through the season after jurgens worked his magic on him !

I read that Bobby Robson called out Thiago to be a top talent years ago? Love stories like that
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #66: Sep 18, 2020 09:15:45 pm

Not so sure he does it with average players mate cough cough Karius, but he definitely does it with the talented players he gets.
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #67: Sep 18, 2020 09:16:17 pm
      Quite happily admit when Iā€™m wrong, if Iā€™m wrong I happily say it. Unlike you. All about the narrative with you though.

Said yesterday how I was happily wrong about Thiago. Funny how you ignore that though isnā€™t it and dig out what I said when we were very first linked with him.

But to be honest, I couldnā€™t give a toss about you or LondonRed, have far too much going on for pricks like you. You can both carry on this little thing if you want but youā€™ll be getting no more responses from me.

Adios.

Point proven like a little child go and latch on to your mamma you are due a feed
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #68: Sep 18, 2020 09:31:09 pm
      I think Sarr is an ostrich move! 

Quick Reply