• LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,465 posts | 4815 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Thiago Alcantara Player Thread
      Reply #3: Sep 18, 2020 04:05:06 pm
      Liverpool FC complete signing of Thiago Alcantara

James Carroll @James_Carroll84

Liverpool Football Club have completed a deal for the permanent transfer of Thiago Alcantara from FC Bayern Munich.

The Spain international midfielder has put pen to paper on a long-term contract with the Reds and becomes the club’s second signing of the transfer window, following Kostas Tsimikas in August.

Moments after sealing the move, Thiago told Liverpoolfc.com: “I think it’s an amazing feeling. I was waiting for this moment for a long time and I am very, very happy to be here.

Watch Thiago Alcantara's first LFC interview on LFCTV GO soon. Use code 2021GOFREE to start a free one-month trial now - this can be cancelled at any time.

“When the years are passing, you are trying to win as much as you can – and when you win, you want to win more. I think this club describes what I am as well; I want to achieve all of the goals, win as many trophies as possible.

“It also [has] this kind of family [feeling] that I need because we [like to] have a very close relationship with the club and I think I will feel this, I will have this feeling, with this club as well.”

Thiago moves to Anfield fresh from helping Bayern clinch a prestigious treble as they won the Bundesliga, German cup and Champions League in 2019-20, during which he featured 40 times.

The 29-year-old, who also has 39 caps for Spain, spent seven seasons at the Allianz Arena having transferred to Germany from FC Barcelona, where he began his career.

In total, Thiago has won nine league titles, two Champions Leagues and two FIFA Club World Cups with his respective previous teams.

He added: “I must adapt to the team as fast as I can in the situation and the context that we are living right now.

“Everything is more compact and we started a little bit later, but still it is football and I think we have to mix all the big things up, all the good things we have. I will help the team in a defensive and offensive [way] and also in a mental aspect.

“[The fans] are not more excited than I am, for sure not! It is not about saying words, it is about doing the things. I will give my heart on the field to my teammates, the club and also to the fans.”

Offal
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #4: Sep 18, 2020 04:19:41 pm

Very very very happy with this signing, we have to be favourites to retain the title now. This is the perfect signing for us, not just in terms of his skills but also that it freshens up the team.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,070 posts | 1615 
      Reply #5: Sep 18, 2020 04:37:29 pm
      Hopefully get a run out midweek
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,036 posts | 6285 
      Reply #6: Sep 18, 2020 05:05:27 pm
      What a player thread to see on the forum. Real sign of intent.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,131 posts | 254 
      Reply #7: Sep 18, 2020 05:12:40 pm
      Welcome Thiago.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,803 posts | 4909 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #8: Sep 18, 2020 05:39:03 pm
      Absolutely f***in BUZZZZIN, another piece of the jigsaw of what I believe will be the best side in our already illustrious history, and we do have one hell of a history, the most successful side in British football, JĂźrgen Klopp will take us on a victorious era unseen before in any domestic league world wide,

Ferguson took MUtants on a unbelievable period of success, surpassing our 18 league titles by two, adding numerous pieces of silverware en route, we are just at the beginning of a era of success that I would seriously doubt any one could better, aLteady holding SIX European cups/UCL, only one league title in arrears to MUtants, I envisage us dominating our own league and the CL in the next 2-3 years, at least, if we don’t win one, we’ll win the other, might even do both, am I getting ahead of myself, maybe, but look how we have dominated last couple of seasons, apart from Atleti, we’ve taken on and beaten all put in front of us,

Adding quality like Thiago only reinforces our status in England & in Europe so I see absolutely no reason to doubt that we can conquer all of Europe and we will never stop.

So two added quality individual players, ÂŁ25m for Thiago, and Tsimikas, who never Kostas a lot 🤪🤪🤪

Y  N  W  A
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,299 posts | 3868 
      Reply #9: Sep 18, 2020 05:45:27 pm
      I just can’t believe it, so happy
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #10: Sep 18, 2020 05:48:55 pm
      As Virgil would say Thiago you look FIRE!

Welcome to the best club in the world!

Can't wait to see you play for us in our kit!

YNWA
      Jimsouse67

• 9,272 posts | 1435 
      Reply #11: Sep 18, 2020 05:50:27 pm
      What a f***in way to start your weekend
      Thoroughbred of a player,get the F**k in.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #12: Sep 18, 2020 06:00:21 pm
      What. A f***in' player.........a Rolls Royce that can rally.........

Love that Scotia, think it describes him perfectly. Cannot wait to see him out on the field for us.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #13: Sep 18, 2020 06:31:01 pm
      Exactly what we need in midfield. Him , Hendo and Fabinho looks fantastic
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #14: Sep 18, 2020 07:34:14 pm
      Really like this guy and a have done through his career. Used to enjoy watching Barca and remember him breaking through and thought he was in the mould of Xavi/Iniesta. Was very surprised they let him go considering those 2 were in the twilight of their careers but I know Pep was a huge admirer (“Thiago or nothing”) and he maybe convinced him to join.

Some maybe laugh at me for saying this but imo he is the biggest ‘name’ we’ve signed since Balotelli.  Hopefully that’s the end of the comparisons though.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #15: Sep 18, 2020 07:44:48 pm
      Delighted to see the photos of him in the jersey :)
      This guy could be an Alisson, VVD level signing, for a fraction of the money.
      Brilliant bit of business.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #16: Sep 18, 2020 07:57:35 pm
      Delighted to have gotten him signed, what a player!
      rossyred

• 9,070 posts | 1615 
      Reply #17: Sep 18, 2020 08:31:50 pm
      Delighted to have gotten him signed, what a player!

Mbappe next then  :lmao:

addition to the contract.

"Regarding Thiago, I think we have more chance of signing Mbappe, and we all know what them chances are."
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #18: Sep 18, 2020 08:37:23 pm
      Mbappe next then  :lmao:

addition to the contract.

"Regarding Thiago, I think we have more chance of signing Mbappe, and we all know what them chances are."

Whatever. Forgot you weren’t allowed an individual opinion on this place.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #19: Sep 18, 2020 08:48:44 pm
      Whatever. Forgot you weren’t allowed an individual opinion on this place.

Why are you so touchy today, this is a great day?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #20: Sep 18, 2020 08:53:27 pm
      Why are you so touchy today, this is a great day?

Not touchy at all, just the standard way here isn’t it, have an opinion and some tool jumps on it. See above; I say how great it is to have him signed and then some tool jumps on it saying about an initial opinion of mine when we were very first linked with him despite many people thinking it would be a move that wouldn’t happen. I’ve said all along how great it would be to get him and been following it closely.

Jota I have an opinion about and then some clown who keeps liking my posts then turns around and starts saying I am miserable. It’s just so boring and predictable of this place.
      rossyred

• 9,070 posts | 1615 
      Reply #21: Sep 18, 2020 08:57:47 pm
      Not touchy at all, just the standard way here isn’t it, have an opinion and some tool jumps on it. See above; I say how great it is to have him signed and then some tool jumps on it saying about an initial opinion of mine when we were very first linked with him despite many people thinking it would be a move that wouldn’t happen. I’ve said all along how great it would be to get him and been following it closely.

Jota I have an opinion about and then some clown who keeps liking my posts then turns around and starts saying it’s miserable. It’s just so boring and predictable of this place.
      The only tool here is you pal like you have never requoted people when it is wrong or doesn't suit. Don't come out with such sh*te in future and put your dummy back you petulant child  :f_wah:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #22: Sep 18, 2020 08:58:50 pm
      The only tool here is you pal like you have never requoted people when it is wrong or doesn't suit. Don't come out with such Sh*te in future and put your dummy back you petulant child  :f_wah:

Said yesterday how glad I was that I was wrong about us and Thiago.

I didn’t expect the move to happen and said so from the start so I’m relieved to have been wrong.

doesn’t suit your pathetic little narrative though does it you jumped up little tosser.

Quick Reply